Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Me too. OMG I can't with her theories. I think it's the smugness that really gets to me. She knows as much as we do and has warped everything to fit and yet is so confident about it. I'd be so embarrassed. Why are there so many sheep in this fandom? I don't understand.

What I don't understand is why her theories/character analysis are so widely believed. Have any of them actually panned out on the show? Or is it just a Nostradamus kind of situation where her believers just adapt what actually happened to fit with her predictions?

• Love 1

Yeah, it could be Laurel too. Although why Felicity would get a sword through the chest when people think she's Nyssa and Nyssa was just made to marry Oliver and therefore as far as anyone knows did exactly as Ra's wanted would be a mystery.

If it was Laurel, that would be amusing. Not in any good ways.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

"Yeah, it could be Laurel too. Although why Felicity would get a sword through the chest when people think she's Nyssa and Nyssa was just made to marry Oliver and therefore as far as anyone knows did exactly as Ra's wanted would be a mystery."

Well, as soon as actual-Nyssa goes to run a sword through Ra's, the jig would be up. 

If its a 'Red Wedding' style attack then you would want Nyssa behind the veil, Felicity and Laurel shouldn't stand a chance. 

I want to see Felicity in LOA style grab. Maybe they can sneak her in to see Oliver. Very 'The Mummy'.

Can't watch the clip from here but it sounds like Nyssa and Laurel are on a date.

"Yeah, it could be Laurel too. Although why Felicity would get a sword through the chest when people think she's Nyssa and Nyssa was just made to marry Oliver and therefore as far as anyone knows did exactly as Ra's wanted would be a mystery."

Well, as soon as actual-Nyssa goes to run a sword through Ra's, the jig would be up. 

Point. I was thinking of a less immediate attack situation.

SWERVE:  Maybe it's a wedding in a flashback? What if Oliver marries Waller? Seriously. That would explain why they were familiar more than frienemies when they introduced Waller. Maybe it was a sham marriage that was annulled right away and neither one would technically have ever been married.

I think the only purpose for subbing in Felicity could be to gain a few seconds of surprise, and/or put Nyssa close enough to Ra's when he thinks she's under the veil to kill him very quickly.  So it would only work if basically the veil goes up, shock runs through Ra's/the idiot hordes of ridiculous assassins, Nyssa run Ra's through.  But, the wedding is in 22 and Ra's is still around in 23, so somehow it must fail, plus either way the idiot hordes would presumably start fighting at least somewhat but more if Ra's isn't dead, which would put Felicity in danger.

But again, I totally think it really is Nyssa and Oliver, because Batman.

In the interview Law said "nobody is safe" by the end of the season - except you know Malcolm because no prison will hold him, and he is the key to saving Thea's soul, and whatever other stupid reason you can come up with because the EPs love the actor and don't care about bringing him to justice.

And you know, I am positive they think that now that they are bringing Sara backs - no one will care about what Malcolm did.  Wrong!  Nyssa better get to slit his throat before the season is over.

• Love 3
IGN: I’ve seen more than a few fans ask if anything romantic could happen between Laurel and Nyssa or if it’s strictly a friendship/mentorship situation.

Law: I’m sure Nyssa would be all about it. I don’t know that Laurel would be all about it. But you don’t know until you try!

I think they're really going there...

Since I don't believe most of what MG says about his plots or rationale so I am disregarding him saying never been married before. Bleh.  I'm going with my crack couples as follows

Oliver and Waller

Nyssa and Zombie!Tommy

Nyssa and Laurel

Nyssa and Zombie!Sara

Nyssa and Malcolm

Mama Smoak and Detective Lance (because I just want it to happen)

Trying to think of the most outlandish, shocking theory...

Nyssa thinks she is marrying Oliver, and both are in LOA hooded/masked garb.  But when they unmask, surprise - it's not Oliver, it's Sara!  

Ra's al Ghul - that devious matchmaker - has resurrected Sara and is now reuniting her with Nyssa.  Everyone is shocked and no one saw this coming.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

I think they're really going there...

I swear to God the tiny fraction of me that hasn't completely given up on Laurel as a character yet would Nope out so fast if they went there. Can't they leave anything that was a part of Sara's life alone? And how would that work out once Sara is alive again?

I will be pretty darn pissed off if Laurel and Nyssa hook up because c'mon show! But it would get her another wedge in her Stealing Sara's Life pie. Then Laurel's last wedge would be using Oliver's brainwashed brain to marry him thus fulfilling the long-standing theory that Laurel wanted EVERYTHING that Sara had and got it..

Well they did give everything that makes the Black Canary to Sara so why not give everything of Sara's to Laurel so she can be the real Black Canary. Because that's how that works. It's like the writers are saying,  No one likes Laurel, everyone loves Sara, conclusion give everything of Sara's to Laurel and people will love Laurel. 

Edited by Sakura12

Laurel and Nyssa sicken me more than Oliver and Nyssa (which already sickens me). Sister swapping again And even more SWFing forcing Laurel to be Sara. When they should have just kept Sara alive....

• Love 3

What. No. Please tell me they don't go there with Laurel/Nyssa!?! I remember someone on tumblr told MG they were shipping them and asked for more scenes and he said 'you'd like 321' or something along those lines and I thought he was just appeasing them with that response but OMG what if he was being truthful?

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Enough with the sister swapping. I cannot.

Why would Nyssa be open to being romantic with Laurel? I'm I the only one who thinks its insulting to Nyssa? Just gross.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 3

Why would Nyssa be open to being romantic with Laurel? I'm I the only one who thinks its insulting to Nyssa? 

Well, KL did go into how Laurel is showing her a new way of life, showing her what kindness is. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some mixed-up feelings in there because she's going through a big change in her life. I wouldn't be opposed to her and Laurel trying things out if Nyssa hadn't been head-over-heels crazy in love with her sister. Because gross.

• Love 2

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they hinted at a romantic Laurel and Nyssa. Wasn't there a shot of naked Nyssa in the promo?

I may be able to fanwank Nyssa (a smidge), but Laurel just needs to check into the loony bin.

"brought to you by the fact that we apparently get to learn about Ra's sex life in 323"

Wait, what?

I really don't understand how they are going to stick so much plot into the next few episodes. 

Ra's has been married, right? 

Edited by AyChihuahua
(edited)

Ew, is that true?

That's what I've heard, trying to find a source for you. 

ETA: it's from MG on twitter and it's 322 not 323.

MąmìWąýš @iAmourCashmier@mguggenheim this is a really weird ques.: So Ra's Al Ghul hasn't got layed in yrs? That's probably why he acts the way he acts! #Arrow

Marc Guggenheim@mguggenheim@iAmourCashmier You'll learn a little bit about Ra's' sex life in 3x22.

I've revised my Swerve: Ra's marries Sara for shits and giggles.

Did Ra say he was once Married Before?

Yes in the story he told Felicity he had to leave his wife and 2 kids behind to become a member of the LoA

Edited by Morrigan2575

You know, the way Laurel stepped up to speak to Nyssa about what friends do for each other, that scene between Laurel and Nyssa seemed pretty shippy to me.

Swerve:  Ra's Al Ghul marries Laurel....because comics!

Please let this happen. It's the only way this can keep from being completely gross. 

The only good thing about this is the snark here, but I'm not sure even that's enough to save the next two episodes.  I got invited to go out to a movie this evening (Seymour: An Introduction) and I'm seriously thinking of saying yes right now.

I was ready to enjoy Evil Oliver until all this stupid wedding business came up, I can't imagine why MG would tease it like it's a good thing.

Oh man. They are so going to go hook up Laurel and Nyssa.  It will take the heat off the show for killing off a bisexual character by saying "but look LAUREL is exploring her bisexuality!" It's progressive and awesome.

And they will present it as "Laurel is honoring her sister's memory by exploring her own sexuality".  I'm not even kidding. 

I would laugh if Laurel is all 'Heyyyy Nysssa"....and Nyssa is all "NOPE. You're not Sara" . I would give them credit for Nyssa doing that. And they could choose to have  Laurel then go off and explore that part of herself with someone else....in Central City.....just sayin'.

Edited by catrox14

Perhaps a Laurel as substitution since she'll have her new trained by Nyssa skill and the canary cry? Plus comics...

If a plan is afoot this is my preference because Laurel is better Nyssa in disguise height wise, and because the Canary Cry *does* give real Nyssa the opportunity to kill the shit out of Ra's. I do not need him killed slowly I need him off my screen as quickly as possible, do we know if Barry is appearing in Arrow 22 or 23? And yeah satisfying comics w/o it actually being "real" would make me laugh and laugh.

• Love 1

I bet he doesn't mean this Ra's in particular sex life, but the sex life of the Ra's, meaning Oliver.  Some kind of explainer re why he has to marry/marry Nyssa. 

I swear to God, if they show an actual sex scene between Nyssa and Oliver...

As an aside, I think the introduction of prophecy is a bigger cheat than the LP.  They can have Ra's do/order absolutely anything now, with no in-show reason whatsoever, and just say "but, PROPHECY!"  That's why Nyssa and Oliver have to marry, that's why Oliver has to kill TA, that's why Oliver can go help Barry, whatever.  It's a huge cheat code.

Edited by AyChihuahua

With respect nobody is jumping, this has been discussed ad nauseum, and via numerous statements from Guggenheim and now Katrina the narrowing down process is basically:

Oliver and Nyssa

Oliver and Felicity

No, I get that, but at this stage, it could be either one, which is why I'm blinking at people reading this interview and going "Oh, it's definitely Oliver and Nyssa," or "Oh, it's definitely Oliver and Felicity."  I think it's still open. (And since we don't know that Willa Holland is returning next season, I'd still add Thea/Roy to the mix.)

• Love 1

Did Ras say he was once Married Before?

From 3x20 (no mention of marriage)...

Ra's:  "You know, many lifetimes ago, I loved a woman immeasurably. And she loved me. And we had a son and then a daughter, and for many years, I felt I was the most fortunate man in the world. My life was bliss. And one night, a man came to my door and he gave me a horrible choice-- to leave without saying a word to them, or to stand and watch them tortured and then killed. And I left without a farewell. And to spare them pain, I endured an agony worse than death."

Felicity: "Sounds like you gave up too easily."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

"I think it's still open. (And since we don't know that Willa Holland is returning next season, I'd still add Thea/Roy to the mix.)"

How does that take into account Nyssa being at least as involved in the wedding as anyone else in TA?  For that matter, unless it is a sub-in, why would Nyssa be connected to an Oliver/Felicity wedding?

Not being nitpicky, but nowhere in that speech from Ra's does he say he was married.

Oh gods. And he really seemed to admire Felicity.....what if....it's Ra's and Felicity because it's the only way Ra's will let Oliver go free of being the Ra's al Ghul. 

Oh...gods....Talk me down....

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I'd still add Thea/Roy to the mix.

If you want to completely ignore Katrina's statement that Nyssa is as connected to the wedding as Team Arrow sure, but I can't see anyway Katrina would either think that or say it* I ruled out Oliver and Felicity under the same statement, Nyssa gives not one fuck about Olicity.

*leaving aside trolling in general. It's totally reasonable given the evidence to the most likely scenario is Oliver and Nyssa. I say this as the only person around who actually WANTS it to be Oliver/Felicity.

• Love 1

From 3x20 (no mention of marriage)...

Ra's:  "You know, many lifetimes ago, I loved a woman immeasurably. And she loved me. And we had a son and then a daughter, and for many years, I felt I was the most fortunate man in the world. My life was bliss. And one night, a man came to my door and he gave me a horrible choice-- to leave without saying a word to them, or to stand and watch them tortured and then killed. And I left without a farewell. And to spare them pain, I endured an agony worse than death."

Felicity: "Sounds like you gave up too easily."

I thought he said she was his wife, so...guess it could be Ra's, haha.

Not being nitpicky, but nowhere in that speech from Ra's does he say he was married.

Oh gods. He really seemed to admire Felicity.....what if....it's Ra's and Felicity because it's the only way Ra's will let Oliver go free of being the Ra's al Ghul....

But doesn't he need an heir? He said the pit wasn't working on him anymore and that his days were numbered. So, if he lied about it, then why? If he marries Felicity in order to let Oliver go, then...why?

"He really seemed to admire Felicity.....what if....it's Ra's and Felicity because it's the only way Ra's will let Oliver go free of being the Ra's al Ghul...."

That's being kind of implied in a fanfic I'm reading, that he digs her.  However, it'd have to go no further than the wedding, because they're not going to have Felicity raped.  This isn't Game of Thrones.

I totally just realized, this Ra's wasn't born into it, either.  He was just chilling at home in front of the fire and the old Ra's knocked on his door.  I wonder what bullshit prophecy they blamed that on.  So maybe it's usually NOT hereditary...which would mean even more, why does Oliver have to marry/procreate?

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

I also thought that Ra's had said "wife" until I re-watched this scene...

(One reviewer said that this scene would have been the perfect time for a Whedonesque moment when Felicity pushes Ra's into the pool right in the middle of his big monologue.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

That's what I've heard, trying to find a source for you. 

ETA: it's from MG on twitter and it's 322 not 323.

I've revised my Swerve: Ra's marries Sara for shits and giggles.

Yes in the story he told Felicity he had to leave his wife and 2 kids behind to become a member of the LoA

Ok that would make him Tywin for sure so Nyssa can put a bolt in him while he sits on the shitter then right?

I need to stop reading spoilers now....

Okay, I am adding 

Ra's and Thea

Ra's and Felicity

I'm actually rather serious about these. Nyssa would be connected to the wedding because it's her father. Felicity has done reckless things to save Oliver and this might be one.

Thea would also make sense because she might think it's something she needs to do in order to save Oliver. 

I wasn't sure if Ras said he was married That's why I asked.

Ras getting married to someone from team Arrow doesn't seem at all realistic. I mean less realistic than all the other bull sh!t. Unless he is in love with his daughter and there is trickery all around...

As for Nyssa and Oliver if there is be a cause of comics child there has to be sex since the league is old fashioned. And perhaps some proof of the union means a child?

I of course will no longer be a viewer if anything close to that union being consummated occurs...