Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Devils You Know

• Start Topic

Since he couldn't predict when that might happen, he always wanted to be able to grab Andrew at a moment's notice.  If May hadn't come for him or at least hadn't come for him until he planned for her to, he probably would have kidnapped Andrew whenever he was ready to enact his revenge.  

Seems like a waste of manpower that I'm not sure he has. 3 guys on Andrew 24/7, when he spends most of his time with SHIELD?  The threat to May only worked because Andrew was out buying PLOT.

• Love 1

My three takeaways from this episode:

1. Malware. Not. Virus.  Or:  Hire a better IT consultant, AoS.
  2. Fifty bucks says Simmons is Lash and that's why she has to go back.
  3. Of course May is going to kick Hunter's ass after he sacrificed Andrew to take out Ward and Completely. Misses. The. Shot.
Edited by objectiveCyd
  • Love 1

Fifty bucks says Simmons is Lash and that's why she has to go back.

Can't be Simmons.  Lash's first appearance came before Simmons was rescued from the alien planet.

Were did anyone get the idea that Trip is Lash? Trip got turned to stone by the Obolisk, crumbled, and we saw his stone remains removed from the temple.

Even in the MCU, there's no coming back from that. 

Plus BJ Britt was pretty unequivocal last season about his character being legit dead when people asked.  Usually actors play it more coy when there's a chance for a return.

• Love 1

My three takeaways from this episode:

1.     Malware. Not. Virus.  Or:  Hire a better IT consultant, AoS.
  2.     Fifty bucks says Simmons is Lash and that's why she has to go back.
  3.     Of course May is going to kick Hunter's ass after he sacrificed Andrew to take out Ward and Completely. Misses. The. Shot

I'd thumbs you up if not for number 2.

Were did anyone get the idea that Trip is Lash? Trip got turned to stone by the Obolisk, crumbled, and we saw his stone remains removed from the temple

Trip wasn't turned to stone. He was encased in a terrigenesis cocoon, same as Daisy and Raina, and when the cocoon broke open there was nothing left of him inside. What we saw removed from the temple weren't the stone remains of Trip but the remains of his cocoon, showing the outline of his features - a bit like the people-shaped hollows left in the lava at Pompeii. Sure, he's most likely deader than dead, but this being the MCU there's still the remote outside chance of some weird transformation into invisible gas, or something - that's where the optimistic theories come from.

Edited by Llywela

Trip wasn't turned to stone. He was encased in a terrigenesis cocoon, same as Daisy and Raina, and when the cocoon broke open there was nothing left of him inside. What we saw removed from the temple weren't the stone remains of Trip but the remains of his cocoon, showing the outline of his features - a bit like the people-shaped hollows left in the lava at Pompeii.

That's not how I saw it. For Skye and Raina, when the cocoon started falling, it was obvious it was relatively thin, shell-like. Skye looked at Trip and chunks of his face crumbled, like a statue falling to pieces. Video
  • Love 1

Trip wasn't turned to stone. He was encased in a terrigenesis cocoon, same as Daisy and Raina, and when the cocoon broke open there was nothing left of him inside. What we saw removed from the temple weren't the stone remains of Trip but the remains of his cocoon, showing the outline of his features - a bit like the people-shaped hollows left in the lava at Pompeii. Sure, he's most likely deader than dead, but this being the MCU there's still the remote outside chance of some weird transformation into invisible gas, or something - that's where the optimistic theories come from.

I agree with Crim, it was definitely not a cocoon for Trip. If you go back and watch the episode What We Become, you'll notice that the cocoons for Daisy and Raina both form over their clothes, leaving them fully clothed after the cocoon cracks open. But for Trip, his clothes are left intact overhis stone body, making it clear that his body itself had turned into stone. Then there's the fact that unlike Daisy and Raina, nothing was happening to Trip when the mist started coming out from the crystals. The two women were almost completely encased in their cocoons by the time that Trip decides to kick the diviner. After the crystal exploded from his kick, you see Trip look down at his chest and it appears that he's been hit with shrapnel from the Diviner. And then he turns to stone, just as we've seen any human who has come into physical contact with the Diviner do.

Trip was turned to stone by a fragment of the Obelisk. Like ever other non-Inhuman who touched it, he was turned to stone. 

Malware. Not. Virus. Or: Hire a better IT consultant, AoS.

On the plus side, Daisy actually got to use her (vaguely defined) computer genius this episode for the first time in a long time—and not for finding trending topics on social media.

• Love 1

Exactly this. In this episode alone, she flipped the ACTU van because she blasted Lash while inside it. I know it's TV, where no one ever dies from a minor vehicle flipping, but she could easily have killed herself, Mack and the ACTU team by using her powers in a confined space. (Also, on the point of her specifically arming herself while searching Frye's house, she's seen already in the hospital that Lash seems marginally more phased by being repeatedly shot than he does by being hit with her blasts, so makes sense to have that weapon ready on a Lash hunt)

I don't know, I wish we would see Daisy getting more precise with her powers. Last season in Inhuman town she was learning how to vibrate glasses of water, and when she first got her powers she vibrated a gun apart. But now all she seems to do is push shit over. Show me some pinpoint vibration attacks that can dismantle a gun or blow out someone's ear drums or literally hit them right in the heart or brain or something cool like that again. 

• Love 1

I don't know, I wish we would see Daisy getting more precise with her powers. Last season in Inhuman town she was learning how to vibrate glasses of water, and when she first got her powers she vibrated a gun apart. But now all she seems to do is push shit over. Show me some pinpoint vibration attacks that can dismantle a gun or blow out someone's ear drums or literally hit them right in the heart or brain or something cool like that again. 

I think it's realistic that her powers have hit something of a peak. In Afterlife, she was vibrating water, sure, but she also blew up the glasses, and her training ended pretty abruptly when her mentor turned out to be evil and got killed. It also kinda fits with her "Must get the Secret Warriors up and running, at all costs" mentality this season that she's focusing on offensive effectiveness rather than fine-tuned control. That said, she did manage in the second episode of the season to produce a very precise vibrational frequency based only on having felt that frequency produced by a machine for half a minute, which is pretty decent control of her power.

• Love 2