Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: The Donor In The Drink

WendyCR72

On Brennan and Booth’s first official day back at their respective positions at the Jeffersonian and the FBI, things get exciting when remains are found at a fish farm under suspicious conditions, prompting them to investigate. After it’s discovered that someone harvested several of the victim’s internal organs before he was dumped in the water, Angela tracks down the seller and buyer of the organs to try to uncover important details in the case. Meanwhile, Booth readjusts to his position back at the FBI and discovers Aubrey has taken over his old office; Hodgins pushes Angela to showcase her photography work; and Cam struggles with her decision to choose work over her relationship with Arastoo.

I knew annoying Christine had the box. But was she the one to sign for it and carry it to Hank's room? I imagine it was rather heavy.

Or maybe not, since apparently it weighed as much as four jars of marmalade.

I actually think Aubrey's thing is that he is a bottomless pit is cute. He's no Sweets but he'll do.

Bones tripping the coat off the dead guy in the coffin was SO STUPID.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 1
I actually think Aubrey's thing is that he is a bottomless pit is cute. He's no Sweets but he'll do.

As soon as Booth dumped the jars in the trash, I knew that Aubrey was going to fish them out (but I thought he would wait until Booth left and then rummage).  I wasn't sure how I felt about Aubrey when he first showed up, but I really like him (and he was so happy about having a mini-fridge in his office.  I wonder if he was able to take it with him to his new digs).

I didn't understand why the donor woman (Nina?) was refusing to give out names.  She said that it was because it would ruin her business if customers thought they couldn't trust her.  Isn't her 'career' over with anyway?  Whether or not she knew that the guy had been murdered, isn't trafficking in human organs illegal?  

• Love 2

Don't donors have to be recently dead for the organs to be viable?  That's what bothered me about the story, seemed like they were taking organs after it was too late to use them.

Not sure why I continue to watch, but I do. 

• Love 3

This X 1,000.

I wonder if the perp who was convinced by the victim to sell a kidney to keep his job can plead insanity or duress or something? Or is it too late since he confessed without a lawyer?

• Love 2

Don't donors have to be recently dead for the organs to be viable?  That's what bothered me about the story, seemed like they were taking organs after it was too late to use them.

Generally, organs need to be harvested as soon as the donor is taken off life support for them to be viable at all. The exception to this is corneas which can be harvested at the mortuary. The entire premise of this episode was ludicrous.

I see Bones is back to being a robot again. I don't know how Booth can stand her.

• Love 1

I think Brennan is a little better than she was. I don't know how bad she got - I mostly bailed before they went full metal aspergers on Brennan and didn't come back until I heard that Hansen, Nathan and Daley were gone - but she doesn't seem to be nearly as much C3P0's socially-challenged cousin as she was for a while there.

• Love 2

Do they have to pay ED and DB a bonus if they touch?  B/c they sure don't do that very often. 

Of course they don't, Booth and Bones have been past the honeymoon phase for a while now, their interactions are filled with loving moments that aren't so on the nose about it. In fact, it was incredibly annoying once the two got married for every single scene of them together in every single episode for a season or so they'd blatantly point out "LOOK! LOOK! THEY REALLY REALLY DO LOVE EACH OTHER" constantly. It's more moving for them to touch at certain moments than as something they do in just about every scene together because TV thinks "that's what couples are supposed to do" anyway.

In short, Booth and Bones are one of the more realistically portrayed couples I've seen on TV, especially more recently.

• Love 5

Angela and Hodgins don't touch a lot, either. I can't think of any couples that are very touchy-feely on this show. I kind of like the lack of romance. They're dealing with decaying corpses all day long, it's not really a good time for smooches and the like. If anything, Bones and Booth make a lot of references to their sex life and say "I love you" constantly. For me, it's more than enough.

• Love 4

Angela and Hodgins kiss in almost every episode. Including this one. 

Has there been a B & B ILY this season?  Most of this episode he was being really snappy with her.   "You were right Bones" isn't the same as "Sorry I was an ass and I love you." 

But whatever.  Glad y'all are satisfied.

• Love 1

Please let Arastoo stay gone. I never found their relationship the least bit believable. Zero chemistry.

I thought Christine and her baby brother was sweet. But yeah, did she sign for and carry the box to the baby's room?

Re: Christine and the box.  Maybe whoever watches the children while B&B work signed for the box if it even needed to be signed for.  Then Christine pushed it to the room.  But she has been portrayed as super smart child and didn't say anything when B&B were talking about it in the morning?  That doesn't line up.  And that child is kind of cute but CANNOT act at all.

ETA: I did like that they left the box because in my mind I imagined the uncle kneeling down to boost Christine into the bed which was a good final image.

Edited by CoolMom

My initial instinct was definitely that the kids' keeper signed for the box. But if you think too deeply about it, it becomes a problem. For example...

Why didn't Booth and Brennan, stellar investigators that they are, ask whoever was in their house in recent days whether they'd seen the box? They can figure out who murdered their victim of the week from a fragment of bone or a sketch on a dining room wall, but they can't ask someone who was in their home what happened to the thing that should have been in their home?

Why didn't the shipper have tracking on the package? (When your average retailer sends me a pair of jeans, there's tracking on the package. Not when someone sends human ashes?) No one said "that was signed for by a Jane Smith" when Booth called to yell at them?

Agreed that the image of Uncle Jared giving Christine a boost to look after her own little brother was supposed to be there. And it was a nice thought.

The thing that bugs me about Christine is that the show goes way overboard in explaining how brilliant and precocious she is. We're reminded of it every single time we see her or hear her mentioned. In real life, there's nothing more adorable than an intelligent 5-year-old. But an intelligent 5-year-old is still a five-year-old who will sometimes want to play princess or laugh at something stupid or say something that makes it extraordinarily clear that s/he has, you know, zero life experience.

Little Parker was supposed to be smart too, but most of the time he acted like a regular kid. So when his over-the-top precocious moments came to pass, they were more charming and realistic. Parker giving his mother the slip and telling a cop that his daddy worked at the FBI to avoid missing Christmas with Booth was cute because it was a fairly isolated moment. Christine has nothing but over-the-top precocious moments.