Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: Satan Loves Confusion

• Start Topic

Humm. I thought Heather was horrible to Shannon last year and it started, at least on camera, with the chair. Heather exaggerated how angry Shannon was, and then she sort of was on a mission to prove she was right and that Shannon was a crazy angry person the rest of the season and ended up being a huge jerk in the process. I remember that Heather was talking about Shannon's marriage and Shannon went over to her house to talk to her about it, and Heather was basically like, "I don't like you, you don't like me, so I don't have to answer these questions." That was the nuts and bolts of it. I think Heather was protecting HERSELF because she was the one caught gossiping about it with non RHOC friends and word got back to Shannon.

If you are a grown adult and you are still moaning about your shitty childhood, you got problems. Living in the past is never a good idea.

I agree that the deal with the chair (which was ridiculous) was when we really saw that Heather had issues with Shannon. I think it started before that, however. It was before the chair incident that Shannon had her dinner party and Heather overheard Tamra talking smack about her to Shannon. The fact is that Tamra and Vicki were already talking about Heather behind her back in the first episode in Hawaii, but Heather didn't know that at the time. She didn't realize that Tamra had issues with her - and later that Vicki did when she also talked badly about her to Shannon - until much later. At Shannon's dinner party all she knew was that there was a new chick on the scene and that the dynamics of her relationship with the others was changing. Suddenly there was a new girl in town that had the two major elements deemed exciting to Tamra and Vicki - she had a horrendous marriage and didn't seem bothered by letting the world know it, and she liked her vodka. Heather - who might have a lot of faults but had always been nothing but supportive of both T&V - suddenly found herself as the odd girl out and was seemingly being replaced by someone more needy, fucked up, and maybe more fun. Others have always speculated that Heather was jealous of Shannon because of her wealth, but I always thought she was jealous/insecure because she thought she was being replaced as a friend to T&V. I think her anger and issues with Shannon were terribly misplaced. She took it out on her, when she should have taken it out on her friends who were betraying her. I also think that it is very human to blame the new person in a relationship when things start to change, so I totally get it and while others will disagree, I always thought that the dynamic that happened here was one of the more realistic ones I've ever seen. I've heard time and time again that Shannon did nothing to Heather, so why did she dislike her? In my world, I dislike a lot of people who have never actually done anything to me. I dislike them for various reasons, some of which might not even be valid. I think that is what happened with Shannon and Heather. I also think that Heather recognized this and that Shannon completely gets it. I always thought they would have been friends in the beginning had there not been the issues with T&V.

• Love 11

I agree that the deal with the chair (which was ridiculous) was when we really saw that Heather had issues with Shannon. I think it started before that, however. It was before the chair incident that Shannon had her dinner party and Heather overheard Tamra talking smack about her to Shannon. The fact is that Tamra and Vicki were already talking about Heather behind her back in the first episode in Hawaii, but Heather didn't know that at the time. She didn't realize that Tamra had issues with her - and later that Vicki did when she also talked badly about her to Shannon - until much later. At Shannon's dinner party all she knew was that there was a new chick on the scene and that the dynamics of her relationship with the others was changing. Suddenly there was a new girl in town that had the two major elements deemed exciting to Tamra and Vicki - she had a horrendous marriage and didn't seem bothered by letting the world know it, and she liked her vodka. Heather - who might have a lot of faults but had always been nothing but supportive of both T&V - suddenly found herself as the odd girl out and was seemingly being replaced by someone more needy, fucked up, and maybe more fun. Others have always speculated that Heather was jealous of Shannon because of her wealth, but I always thought she was jealous/insecure because she thought she was being replaced as a friend to T&V. I think her anger and issues with Shannon were terribly misplaced. She took it out on her, when she should have taken it out on her friends who were betraying her. I also think that it is very human to blame the new person in a relationship when things start to change, so I totally get it and while others will disagree, I always thought that the dynamic that happened here was one of the more realistic ones I've ever seen. I've heard time and time again that Shannon did nothing to Heather, so why did she dislike her? In my world, I dislike a lot of people who have never actually done anything to me. I dislike them for various reasons, some of which might not even be valid. I think that is what happened with Shannon and Heather. I also think that Heather recognized this and that Shannon completely gets it. I always thought they would have been friends in the beginning had there not been the issues with T&V.

Not only were they talking about Heather to Shannon, they were WARNING Shannon about Heather. Shannon spoke early, in THs, about Vicki and Tamra warning her about Heather. Shannon had preconcived ideas about Heather that were planted by the BS Vicki and Tamra kept telling her. Sooooo, Shannon was on edge about anything Heather said/did and took it personally. IMO, Vicki and Tamra played Shannon and Heather against each other.

• Love 7

Maybe I've become a bit too cynical but I don't believe most of what these people say.   

Does Michael really like Brooks?  Probably not but he works for Vicki (from the convenience of his home) and is smart enough to stay out of the fray.  Does Brianna hate Brooks?   Probably and if all the stories we've heard about Brooks' past are true, I don't blame her.  Does she get too involved in her mother's relationship with Brooks?   Yes.  She definitely does but that allows her to collect a Bravo paycheck.

• Love 8

I don't trust Brianna as a narrator - at all - on anything related to Brooks. He made one bad comment when he was drunk, which he apologized for and which she chose to take literally, and according to her she'll never ever forgive him no matter what? She sounds like she's going to be a sheer delight of a mother as well.

• Love 6

I don't trust Brianna as a narrator - at all - on anything related to Brooks. He made one bad comment when he was drunk, which he apologized for and which she chose to take literally, and according to her she'll never ever forgive him no matter what? She sounds like she's going to be a sheer delight of a mother as well.

Brianna didn't like or trust Brooks long before that. She didn't understand how someone with no job, no car, no teeth, and who had gone to jail because he refused to pay child support, had caught the fancy of her mother. I think the fact that he got drunk and recommended that her husband beat her was just the icing on the "Brooks is a terrible asshole" cake. Hard to really blame her.

• Love 17

I don't blame her. If he said that about me, I would be holding a grudge too.

Considering she's married to and makes excuses for an asshole with a rage problem who threatened and cussed out a 60yr old woman, I think Brianna needs to start letting go. If anyone lives in a glass house it would be those two jerks.

• Love 11

I think Heather liked being the "richest" without much dispute.

Fame matters more to Heather and Terry, more than money does and they are more well known IMO. Heather still acts time to time, Terry has a thriving successful PS practice AND his own TV show. As for David's wealth, it is rumored that his father in-law owns 51% os his contracting business and we don't know if Shannon has money of her own.

Brooks betrayed Briana/Ryan very early on, he revealed her pregnancy in an interview before she/they or Vicki did. Doing that destroyed any chance he had of establishing a good relationship with Briana. Then add his drunken comment that basically told/suggested that Ryan slap her/use physical force on her. Also, Briana hinted, 2 reunions ago, that Brooks has been physical with Vicki as well. I doun't doubt what Briana has said about him and I understand why she does not want Vicki around him. Should she back off, maybe, but I understand why she is worried about Brooks taking her mother to the cleaner.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

Considering she's married to and makes excuses for an asshole with a rage problem who threatened and cussed out a 60yr old woman, I think Brianna needs to start letting go. If anyone lives in a glass house it would be those two jerks.

Ryan did not threaten Judy. He called her names, told her to leave and yelled, nothing more. This also happened before he was diagnosed with PTSD and got help. What is Brooks excuse? If some can forgive Brooks telling Ryan to beat Briana because he was drunk, why not forgive Ryan for getting mad at Judy because he was also drunk? JS

• Love 6

I'm  not going to label Ryan with a rage problem based on the Judy incident.   I'm sure we've all had "moments" in our lives that we wouldn't want to see on film.

From what we saw of Brianna and Ryan with their kids at Vicki's house last week, they seem happy.   More importantly, the kids seem happy and normal.  That's not typical in a household with "rage" problems.    Those children are usually quiet and reserved (out of fear).  We didn't see that.  I saw Ryan feeding the little one and walking the older boy while he rode a pony.  

• Love 8

He actually said "I like Brooks.". The thing is, Brooks is very kind and respectful to people, it's just the possible con-artist deal that's bothersome. Then again, Tamra may have created this negative persona of him, based on reports of him not paying child support.

It's amazing how each season Tamra creates rumor hell about someone and everyone believes it (Gretchen/Jeff (Bass Lake), Alexis, Vicki/Brooks, Gretchen again/Slade, Shannon, Vicki again/Brooks). Take guesses as to who Tamra destroys next season!

To me, that is the biggest RHOC mystery.

Why do people keep believing Tammy Sue?

She is not exactly subtle.

This is a job for Meghan PI and her magical headbands of "truth and justice"!

• Love 3

Ryan did not threaten Judy. He called her names, told her to leave and yelled, nothing more. This also happened before he was diagnosed with PTSD and got help. What is Brooks excuse? If some can forgive Brooks telling Ryan to beat Briana because he was drunk, why not forgive Ryan for getting mad at Judy because he was also drunk? JS

I'm going to have to disagree with your first two sentences. I re-watched the scene and he didn't tell her to leave. He said multiple times that he was going to throw her out and then he said "Say I won't". He threatened to physically (with force) remove her from the premises and that constitutes a threat to me.

I also forgot that when she asked him who he was, he tried to say that he owned the house but caught himself before he could finish the sentence. He also tried to dictate what Vicki should and shouldn't say and do in the situation. That dude was awful.

• Love 14

I'm going to have to disagree with your first two sentences. I re-watched the scene and he didn't tell her to leave. He said multiple times that he was going to throw her out and then he said "Say I won't". He threatened to physically (with force) remove her from the premises and that constitutes a threat to me.

I also forgot that when she asked him who he was, he tried to say that he owned the house but caught himself before he could finish the sentence. He also tried to dictate what Vicki should and shouldn't say and do in the situation. That dude was awful.

There's no doubt that Ryan was out of line but like WireWrap said, people seem willing to forgive Brooks for saying Ryan should beat Brianna because he was drunk so why not forgive Ryan?

I'd love to know the answer to this question.   What made Ryan so protective of Vicki's couch?

Could it be that Vicki screamed at Ryan for putting his feet up on her new couch?  That certainly sounds like something Vicki would do.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

"I'll throw your ass out.". is a threat.  Not to mention he gets in her face in a threatening manner, like he wants to punch her, and yells "What did I tell you?" when she tries to explain what happened to Vicki.  You can watch the whole thing here;

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2013/08/06/rhoc-the-finale-ryan-v-lydias-fairydustin-mother-ryan-says-bravo-edited-the-sofa-segment-says-he-has-recorded-entire-scene/

That being said, what help did he get outside the 5 day hike/meditation excursion? 

• Love 8

There's no doubt that Ryan was out of line but like WireWrap said, people seem willing to forgive Brooks for saying Ryan should beat Brianna because he was drunk so why not forgive Ryan?

I'd love to know the answer to this question.   What made Ryan so protective of Vicki's couch?

Could it be that Vicki screamed at Ryan for putting his feet up on her new couch?  That certainly sounds like something Vicki would do.

I don't "forgive" Brooks but I think context is pretty key. It is one thing to act all "macho" in a guy to guy conversation and say something despicable like smacking your SO and a completely different thing seeing a guy cuss an elderly woman out and threaten to physically throw her out of a home that isn't even his.

As for the couch, I highly doubt he cared if Vicki didn't want him putting his feet on it since he refused to even take out the trash and was extremely rude to Vicki about it.

I won't go as far as to say that Ryan abuses Brianna based on that one incident (although his past DV issue gives me pause) but I will say that the dude has/had some anger issues.

• Love 11

He never said that he would lay his hands on her, he never said that he would "physically" throw her out. That is different from Brooks instructing Ryan to use physical force to keep Briana in line.

Yes, he did start to say it was his house but I do believe they, Briana/Ryan, paid rent so it would have been considered his house as well as Briana/Troy and Vicki's.

Yes, he acted horrid but do you forgive or discount what Brooks said about beating Briana because he was drunk when he said it, if so, why not forgive Ryan because he was also drunk?

"I'll throw your ass out.". is a threat.  Not to mention he gets in her face in a threatening manner, like he wants to punch her, and yells "What did I tell you?" when she tries to explain what happened to Vicki.  You can watch the whole thing here;

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2013/08/06/rhoc-the-finale-ryan-v-lydias-fairydustin-mother-ryan-says-bravo-edited-the-sofa-segment-says-he-has-recorded-entire-scene/

That being said, what help did he get outside the 5 day hike/meditation excursion? 

It is a verbal threat, not a physical one unless he had his hands on Judy and she never made that claim. AND Ryan never told anyone, Vicki, Lydia or anyone, to beat Judy. Brooks alone told Ryan to beat/hit/slap Briana. Again, I ask you, do you forgive or discount Brooks and what he said because he was drunk, if so, why not Ryan because he was drunk when this happened.

Ryan got help, he was diagnosedwith PTSD. What was Brooks excuse and what help did he seek?

• Love 1

What was Brooks excuse and what help did he seek?

Didn't you hear?  Brooks has pancreatic cancer..........No wait........it's nose cancer.  Oh sorry!  It's Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

And he's being treated at Club Detox with juices, coffee enemas and reservatrol made from grapes that Vicki personally stomped on herself.

• Love 6

I don't "forgive" Brooks but I think context is pretty key. It is one thing to act all "macho" in a guy to guy conversation and say something despicable like smacking your SO and a completely different thing seeing a guy cuss an elderly woman out and threaten to physically throw her out of a home that isn't even his.

As for the couch, I highly doubt he cared if Vicki didn't want him putting his feet on it since he refused to even take out the trash and was extremely rude to Vicki about it.

I won't go as far as to say that Ryan abuses Brianna based on that one incident (although his past DV issue gives me pause) but I will say that the dude has/had some anger issues.

He was diagnosed with PTSD and sought help after this, what was Brooks's excuse, OH that he was drunk.......Ummmmm, so was Rayn at the time he confronted Judy. Ryan never said that he was going to slap, hit, beat or physically throw Judy anywhere. Brooks, on the other hand, did advise Ryan to get physical with Briana.

• Love 2

He never said that he would lay his hands on her, he never said that he would "physically" throw her out. That is different from Brooks instructing Ryan to use physical force to keep Briana in line.

Yes, he did start to say it was his house but I do believe they, Briana/Ryan, paid rent so it would have been considered his house as well as Briana/Troy and Vicki's.

Yes, he acted horrid but do you forgive or discount what Brooks said about beating Briana because he was drunk when he said it, if so, why not forgive Ryan because he was also drunk?

He said multiple times that he would "kick her ass out." That is a threat to physically and forcefully remove her from the premises full stop. Do you think he was going to breathe on her heavily until she blew away? Of course he was going to put his hands on her.

As for him paying rent, he didn't say "I live here" at first. He said, "I OWN" and then caught himself. It doesn't matter if they paid rent. The actual owner of the house was still living there with them. It wasn't his house and it showed his huge sense of entitlement thinking he could dictate any and everything in a place that wasn't even his. Hell, he was forcefully telling Vicki not to apologize and not to hug the poor woman he just cussed out.

• Love 14

I will say that the dude has/had some anger issues.

I'd be angry too if I served three (or four) tours of duty in Afghanistan and then had to live with Vicki.

• Love 6

I'm  not going to label Ryan with a rage problem based on the Judy incident.   I'm sure we've all had "moments" in our lives that we wouldn't want to see on film.

From what we saw of Brianna and Ryan with their kids at Vicki's house last week, they seem happy.   More importantly, the kids seem happy and normal.  That's not typical in a household with "rage" problems.    Those children are usually quiet and reserved (out of fear).  We didn't see that.  I saw Ryan feeding the little one and walking the older boy while he rode a pony.  

I would agree with this but there was one red flag.  Vicks 'asked' Ryan if it was ok to move the baby over so Brianna could have a break.  To me, that's just not normal.  If it were me, and granted I don't have grandchildren, I would have addressed that question to the mother who was actually taking care of the baby, not the father.

• Love 8

I'm not going to label Ryan with a rage problem based on the Judy incident. I'm sure we've all had "moments" in our lives that we wouldn't want to see on film.

From what we saw of Brianna and Ryan with their kids at Vicki's house last week, they seem happy. More importantly, the kids seem happy and normal. That's not typical in a household with "rage" problems. Those children are usually quiet and reserved (out of fear). We didn't see that. I saw Ryan feeding the little one and walking the older boy while he rode a pony.

Briana looked anything but happy at her birthday dinner. Vicki had to ask ryan if it was ok to move the baby over to her in order to give Briana a break (big red flag to me), and the kids didn't make a peep while being led around by their father. Those scenes could honestly be interpreted both ways IMO.

And funny how his diagnosis only came out after he publicly made an ass of himself and Uncle Billy and Vicki insinuated the guy had been an ass many times before. This viewer isn't buying the Culberson sob story.

I'd be angry too if I served three (or four) tours of duty in Afghanistan and then had to live with Vicki.

He was free to take his free loading ass to a nice one bedroom apartment at any time vs living in Vicki's olive garden mansion . He seemed pretty cozy to me.

• Love 15

He was diagnosed with PTSD and sought help after this, what was Brooks's excuse, OH that he was drunk.......Ummmmm, so was Rayn at the time he confronted Judy. Ryan never said that he was going to slap, hit, beat or physically throw Judy anywhere. Brooks, on the other hand, did advise Ryan to get physical with Briana.

So if Ryan murdered somebody, it would be OK because he had PTSD and sought help?

As for Brooks, you seem to think SAYING something is worse than actually DOING something. Brooks hasn't got in Brianna's or vicki's faces, cussed them out, threaten to put his hands on them and then dare them to say anything about it. Ryan did. If Brooks does that and then blames the cancer, I'll say the same stuff about him that I am saying about Ryan. Until then, they are not the same thing.

• Love 13

It is a verbal threat, not a physical one unless he had his hands on Judy and she never made that claim. AND Ryan never told anyone, Vicki, Lydia or anyone, to beat Judy. Brooks alone told Ryan to beat/hit/slap Briana. Again, I ask you, do you forgive or discount Brooks and what he said because he was drunk, if so, why not Ryan because he was drunk when this happened.

Ryan got help, he was diagnosedwith PTSD. What was Brooks excuse and what help did he seek?

There's a difference between asking someone to leave and screaming;  "'I'm going to throw your ass out", the latter implying that physical means will be used to remove that person from the premises.

As for Brooks making those comments privately to Ragey Ryan Recorder, he never acted on it, AND, he apologized to Briana for saying it.

Finally, what other PTSD treatment did Ryan receive after the 5-day hike? Also, was there ever an official diagnosis for PTSD by a doctor? (Another one for Meghan PI!).

• Love 6

He called her a Judy a bitch.  He went back over seas and then was diagnosed with PTSD.  Did Ryan say he was drunk? No he is just a paranoid maniacal creep.  That was his house and he was going to show the world no fun allowed.  No more adult  children at the RH functions!!!

• Love 6

What scene was it where Vicki held him at knife point and forced him to live in her home? I never saw that. He and Brianna had choices of where to live. They chose to live with Vicki. He then took over her entire home (which is also on Vicki because I would have thrown him out).

• Love 11

PTSD or not, he should not have handled the situation with Lydia's mom the way he did.  He was wrong.  Did Lydia's mom feel physically threatened.  I don't know but I would if I were in that situation.

Was Ryan actually ever diagnosed with PTSD?  All Ryan did was a five day program called Save a Warrior. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 6

I would agree with this but there was one red flag.  Vicks 'asked' Ryan if it was ok to move the baby over so Brianna could have a break.  To me, that's just not normal.  If it were me, and granted I don't have grandchildren, I would have addressed that question to the mother who was actually taking care of the baby, not the father.

We do not know who Vicki asked because both Ryan and Briana were sitting on the same side of the table. I have a grand daughterand I ask both my son AND DIL, not just 1 of them. LOL

Briana looked anything but happy at her birthday dinner. Vicki had to ask ryan if it was ok to move the baby over to her in order to give Briana a break (big red flag to me), and the kids didn't make a peep while being led around by their father. Those scenes could honestly be interpreted both ways IMO.

And funny how his diagnosis only came out after he publicly made an ass of himself and Uncle Billy and Vicki insinuated the guy had been an ass many times before. This viewer isn't buying the Culberson sob story.

He was free to take his free loading ass to a nice one bedroom apartment at any time vs living in Vicki's olive garden mansion . He seemed pretty cozy to me.

First, Briana/Ryan did want to rent their own apartment but Vicki talked them out of it. Ryan was to be deployed for his 4th tour of duty in an active combat zone when Briana was due to give birth. That is why they agreed to live with Vicki, so that she was close to her family while Ryan was gone when she had Troy. His deployment was pushed back and that is why he was living at the house during filming. He left, was deployed, after filming ended.

It was after he came back from his 4th deployment that he was diagnosed with PTSD but in an article he admits he knew he had it after his first tour but was afraid of the stigma attached to PTSD in the Marines to seek the help he needed. He realized that he had no choice but to get the help when he got back, so he did.

Again, why forgive or discount what Brooks said because he was drunk but not cut Ryan the same slack as he was also drunk. At least Ryan got help, that is more than can be said for Brooks IMO.

• Love 2

So if Ryan murdered somebody, it would be OK because he had PTSD and sought help?

As for Brooks, you seem to think SAYING something is worse than actually DOING something. Brooks hasn't got in Brianna's or vicki's faces, cussed them out, threaten to put his hands on them and then dare them to say anything about it. Ryan did. If Brooks does that and then blames the cancer, I'll say the same stuff about him that I am saying about Ryan. Until then, they are not the same thing.

Really? I guess it would depend if he were having flashbacks and considered "Mentally Ill" at the time. PTSD is considered a mental illness, it is real. I don't think Ryan should get a pass for his bad/ugly behavior but he did seek help for it and I find it sad that so many cut Brooks slack because he was drunk when he said that he HAS used physical force with Vicki and told Ryan to do the same with Briana but then many of these same people don't cut Ryan the same slack for what he said even though he was drunk, Briana said he had too much to drink that night on the show, and that he has PTSD and got help.

According to this, Ryan does not state he was 'diagnosed' with PTSD.  He went for help after the show aired....IMO probably at the suggestion of the Marine Core who was embarrassed by his behavior.

http://archive.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20140302/OFFDUTY02/303020009/Marines-confront-stigma-post-traumatic-stress

Go view his CNN interview. He went after he came back from his 4th deployment, got diagosed and then went into the treatment program and did the CNN report as part of their coverage of PTSD. CNN did not do the story on Ryan/RHOC, but on PTSD/Military.

We do not know who Vicki asked because both Ryan and Briana were sitting on the same side of the table. I have a grand daughterand I ask both my son AND DIL, not just 1 of them. LOL

First, Briana/Ryan did want to rent their own apartment but Vicki talked them out of it. Ryan was to be deployed for his 4th tour of duty in an active combat zone when Briana was due to give birth. That is why they agreed to live with Vicki, so that she was close to her family while Ryan was gone when she had Troy. His deployment was pushed back and that is why he was living at the house during filming. He left, was deployed, after filming ended.

It was after he came back from his 4th deployment that he was diagnosed with PTSD but in an article he admits he knew he had it after his first tour but was afraid of the stigma attached to PTSD in the Marines to seek the help he needed. He realized that he had no choice but to get the help when he got back, so he did.

Again, why forgive or discount what Brooks said because he was drunk but not cut Ryan the same slack as he was also drunk. At least Ryan got help, that is more than can be said for Brooks IMO.

She asked Ryan specifically if it was ok to move the baby.

Was Ryan drunk?  I don't know.  I don't discount what Brooks said either.  Both were very, very, wrong.

• Love 6

Sorry but this just sounds like a bunch of excuses. Vicki can't force them to live with her with just words. She may act like a witch but Vicki isn't an actual witch. They got a sweet deal living with her and even then they went too far by being rude to her, not helping with housework and putting up surveillance cameras to watch her every move.

As for the PTSD, I didn't know that Ryan said that he knew he had while living with Vicki. That makes my opinion of him worse because he willfully went on television knowing he could blow up any minute not only embarrassing himself, his wife, his MiL and the armed services but also the fact that he could have hurt somebody just because he was "scared" of the stigma. Lame sauce.

• Love 6

Really? I guess it would depend if he were having flashbacks and considered "Mentally Ill" at the time. PTSD is considered a mental illness, it is real. I don't think Ryan should get a pass for his bad/ugly behavior but he did seek help for it and I find it sad that so many cut Brooks slack because he was drunk when he said that he HAS used physical force with Vicki and told Ryan to do the same with Briana but then many of these same people don't cut Ryan the same slack for what he said even though he was drunk, Briana said he had too much to drink that night on the show, and that he has PTSD and got help.

Go view his CNN interview. He went after he came back from his 4th deployment, got diagosed and then went into the treatment program and did the CNN report as part of their coverage of PTSD. CNN did not do the story on Ryan/RHOC, but on PTSD/Military.

Again, he never said he got diagnosed.  And all he says he did was go to a five day program.  PTSD is real and serious but all Ryan has done is that program.  Is he cured?  I'm skeptical.  I hope the best for him and that the real root of his problems is the PTSD.  I don't know if it is or isn't.  

• Love 1

She asked Ryan specifically if it was ok to move the baby.

Was Ryan drunk?  I don't know.  I don't discount what Brooks said either.  Both were very, very, wrong.

I did not hear her, Vicki, say"Ryan, can I move the baby close to me", I heard her ask the question to both or either. I do the same thing with my son/DIL, I phrase my question so that both are included in it the decision.

Briana said to whoever was standing close to her that night when Ryan got upset at Judy, that Ryan had had too much to drink. To me that means that he was drunk. I agree, BOTH Ryan and Brooks acted like jerks and IMO, just mine, if people are willing to downplay Brooks's comments because he was drunk, the same should apply to Ryan.

• Love 2

Fame matters more to Heather and Terry, more than money does and they are more well known IMO. Heather still acts time to time, Terry has a thriving successful PS practice AND his own TV show. As for David's wealth, it is rumored that his father in-law owns 51% os his contracting business and we don't know if Shannon has money of her own.

I've never seen rumors about that.  What's your source?

Again, he never said he got diagnosed.  And all he says he did was go to a five day program.  PTSD is real and serious but all Ryan has done is that program.  Is he cured?  I'm skeptical.  I hope the best for him and that the real root of his problems is the PTSD.  I don't know if it is or isn't.  

No, we don't know that Ryan has ONLY done that program. It is possible that he has done others (and continues to do so) as he was part of a CNN show about PTSD, the stigma attached to anyone currently in the military WITH PTSD and how hard it is too get help for it without loosing your military career. All involved with this, Ryan, Briana, Vicki, have not talked about it since and I hope they continue to keep their mouths closed about it UNLESS he goes off the rails again.

• Love 2

I did not hear her, Vicki, say"Ryan, can I move the baby close to me", I heard her ask the question to both or either. I do the same thing with my son/DIL, I phrase my question so that both are included in it the decision.

Briana said to whoever was standing close to her that night when Ryan got upset at Judy, that Ryan had had too much to drink. To me that means that he was drunk. I agree, BOTH Ryan and Brooks acted like jerks and IMO, just mine, if people are willing to downplay Brooks's comments because he was drunk, the same should apply to Ryan.

She specifically asked Ryan if it was ok in order to give 'Brianna' a break. 

• Love 5

If he does have it, he certainly wasn't cured with any five day retreat. Is he currently seeking any therapy? I want to see medical records!
  • Love 6

Here's Brianna's explanation of why she moved in with Vicks:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-8/blogs/briana-on-living-at-homes-and-with-brooks

Note what she says about Michael and his relationship with his mother.  IMO, Mike had basically removed himself from his mom and her relationships. 

That's basically what I said earlier.  There's no winning with Vicki.   Michael works for Vicki and is smart enough to stay out of it and IMO Brianna does it for a Bravo paycheck.

• Love 1

Sorry but this just sounds like a bunch of excuses. Vicki can't force them to live with her with just words. She may act like a witch but Vicki isn't an actual witch. They got a sweet deal living with her and even then they went too far by being rude to her, not helping with housework and putting up surveillance cameras to watch her every move.

As for the PTSD, I didn't know that Ryan said that he knew he had while living with Vicki. That makes my opinion of him worse because he willfully went on television knowing he could blow up any minute not only embarrassing himself, his wife, his MiL and the armed services but also the fact that he could have hurt somebody just because he was "scared" of the stigma. Lame sauce.

Ryan thinks his behavior is normal.  He and Briana wonder why they can't make friends.  Exhibit "a" Ryan vacillates from whiney bitch about couches and smells in the house to psycho dude threatening to throw out old ladies.  Like Brooks maybe Ryan needs to learn say less. 

• Love 6

I've never seen rumors about that.  What's your source?

It has been said in several blogs. The lastes 1 was in TT blog about the Shannon/David WWHL show. As I said, it is "rumored" that Davids FIL owns 51% of the business.

If he does have it, he certainly wasn't cured with any five day retreat. Is he currently seeking any therapy? I want to see medical records!

Meghan, is that you? LOL Just kidding. I also hope he is getting ongoing treatment as well and I suspect that he is. What happened was such an embarrasment for the Marines and that he was chosen to represent them in that CNN story/show about PTSD makes me think they are keeping a close watch on him and making sure he continues to get help as long as he needs it.

Links please.

I am using an old computer that does not allow me to copy/paste anything.My own computer crashed last weekend! (Grrr) I will PM you the site name.

Edited by WireWrap

No, we don't know that Ryan has ONLY done that program. It is possible that he has done others (and continues to do so) as he was part of a CNN show about PTSD, the stigma attached to anyone currently in the military WITH PTSD and how hard it is too get help for it without loosing your military career. All involved with this, Ryan, Briana, Vicki, have not talked about it since and I hope they continue to keep their mouths closed about it UNLESS he goes off the rails again.

We don't know if he has either.  He has never mentioned it again.  If he's already admitted he has problems, why would he not admit getting continued help?  What good would it do for all in the military to not talk about it since?  He's the one who used it as an excuse for his behavior.  His behavior embarrassed the Marine Core and he knew he had to do something.  If the Marine Core punished him for continuing to get help, that just exacerbates something that the Core was already was embarrassed about.  

• Love 2