Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/21/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Anyone who thinks Joy's or Michelle's remarks are responsible for J & J dropping or rather "pausing" their advertising from the show is mistaken. It's a convenient excuse. Neither Joy or Michelle disparaged the nursing profession in any way, just Miss Colorado and what qualifies for talent nowadays in this anachronistic spectacle.

• Love 13

I might try watching on my iPad on the abc app and see if I get the entire show.  Since I'm already one glass of wine into my evening, don't know how that will play out, but, I will report if I have news.

I only got 35 minutes of the show so I guess they only put up what is on air

I think...it was...fortuitous that the coverage of the pope cut in just as they were going to talk to Vargas about the "never before seen tapes" of OJ. Because as it turns out, ABC FUCKED up and were schooled on their screw up by NBC, which was the network that aired the very same tapes in 1999 and again in 2014 on Dateline.

And Amy Holmes? Please, please take a HUGE DOSE of STFU. Repeating over and over again that Planned Parenthood does not provide mammogram services to women.  I wanted to reach into my teevee and snatch her bald, with her mutterings of "that's a lie, that's a lie" and her saying she did also see the video and how Planned Parenthood "talked" about their profit and harvesting. UGH.

But. I love Robert Zimmerman. I want to marry him. Can they bring him back? Please?

I loved how Joy segued between topics; so smooth and effortless.  Though I will be honest: I want to hear a "So What? Who Cares?" from her, just because.

And I couldn't watch that segment about the girl who had...cancer? She was sick, right? I can deal with stories about adults; but not children. Uh-uh, can't do it.

I want Gloria Steinem to come on this show again and rip into Fiorina. 

Aha! That was why Molly Vapid Simms was on! She's hawking the whatever procedure it was she was talking about--sculpting. And I loved Joy saying how she likes her belly falling over, or whatever it was she said.

It's too bad that Joy is in New York; I would really love for her to appear on Real Time with Bill Maher.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 9

Looking forward to CCB next week on the panel--should be interesting to see all of them (?) together (again) and some ~sparks~ in NotTopics.

Who said CCB will be there next week? I don't remember any mention of her on the show--unless it was squeezed in at the end?

If so--UGH. I was hoping we would have three months free. After the nonsense she did following the first episode (playing the victim on Facebook), I'd be fine if they axed her before she ever appeared.

I agree with whoever said Joy looked great today. I also thought she did yesterday, too, I remember thinking about it. Sometimes when she guested last year, her hair would look a bit crazy, but maybe the hairstylists have helped where that's concerned.

• Love 2

Who said CCB will be there next week? I don't remember any mention of her on the show--unless it was squeezed in at the end?

If so--UGH. I was hoping we would have three months free. After the nonsense she did following the first episode (playing the victim on Facebook), I'd be fine if they axed her before she ever appeared.

I agree with whoever said Joy looked great today. I also thought she did yesterday, too, I remember thinking about it. Sometimes when she guested last year, her hair would look a bit crazy, but maybe the hairstylists have helped where that's concerned.

They promoted it on the show on Friday and here's a post from her FB fan page confirming it.

fxZRvUk.png

https://www.facebook.com/candacecameron/posts/10153203107511309

• Love 1

I know that Nicolle is not a totally popular former host but here is why I liked Nicolle. She was a conservative and I don't mind a conservative's opinion on things. Even if they are wrong :) But what I got more from Nicolle was that her conservatism didn't spring from ill-informed or grade school understanding of religion and espousing religion more like a child than a thinking adult. Now we will have CCB of the whack job Kirk Cameron family whose beliefs and conservative persona are more connected to religion than to rational thought. So much of what passes for today's conservative movement are conservative views anchored to religion always seem to erupt from an emotional and zero to sixty righteous outrage that really doesn't have any connection or basis to conservatism other than how they have linked it to their religion. Not much intellectual curiosity or economics study. Heck, not even much of the old What Would Jesus Do thought. Nicolle didn't go there much if at all IIRC. If she did, it didn't go to Elisabeth's hysterical lengths. But now we shall have CCB whose religious fervor feeds her "style" of conservatism. Religious fervored conservatism these days ignores facts, embraces lies like Carly Fiorina's, embraces Kim Davis for her religious bravery while wanting Mullala the Pakistani girl who won the Nobel Prize to just shut up because she is a Muslim ... and they don't see one whit of hypocrisy in their beliefs.

• Love 23

My opinion is that while, yes, Candace/Elisabeth are clearly worse than Nicolle, that really only makes Nicolle good by comparison for me. Most of the reasons I dislike Nicolle have little to do with her politics. Regardless, it's probably a moot point since they may have hired Candace even if they had kept Nicolle, considering they have Paula/Candace and Joy/Michelle.

I realized this morning when I knew Joy wasn't going to be there that I don't care what any of these women think. See ya, Friday. (Hopefully somebody'll watch, it's fun to read them get torn into. lol)

• Love 3