Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/21/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

I wish they could find a graceful way to drop Candice from the lineup.

They definitely don't need her and six people would be too many at that table.

If they never mention her again, I doubt anyone would notice!

• Love 13

IIRC when Candace comes permanently Joy will fill in as needed and be there on Fri to moderate.

~~~~~

I noticed that Raven didn't say anything for the first 9 minutes. It is like she is a little kid finally invited up to the adult table. LOL - and then later while defending her endless selfies she (at 29) does it so her mommy knows what she is doing all day. Raven - grow up!

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 4
Candice Creme-Brulee

Bwahahaha!

Like Whoopi, I think I just wet myself. We'll be right back.....

I wish I could take credit for naming her Candice Creme Brulee because it's brilliant.  But I believe credit goes to our good friend CMH1981, at least according to what is posted in the Let's Name Some Threads poll.

• Love 5

Not only is she cherry picking the duties of her position. She's also cherry picking parts of her bible. There's a lot more she should and shouldn't be doing if that's her excuse. Incredible this can go on

Besides why doesn't she just sign them and and then ask for forgiveness on her way home? Isn't that how that works?

Yep, according to her Bible, as a female she is little more than the property of her husband and should be submissive to all men, so theoretically Davis is not permitted any authority over her male deputies or any male. Sorry Kim, you don't get to cherry pick the parts of the Bible you like and the parts that you don't. According to your Bible you need to sit down and remain quiet. 1 Timothy 2:11-12

Meanwhile, the plaintiffs have moved to hold her in contempt again for ordering her deputies to use significantly altered forms which may or may not be legally valid. With any luck the judge will throw her ass back in jail.

http://juryverdicts.net/blog/2015/09/21/breaking-plaintiffs-in-kim-davis-case-move-to-hold-her-in-contempt-for-altering-marriage-licenses/

• Love 12

IIRC when Candace comes permanently Joy will fill in as needed and be there on Fri to moderate.

That will kill the show.  I only doubt it is true because Joy first turned them down because she wasn't given any control. If she was just a "fill in" why would she want control?

Joy is the only reason to watch.

• Love 8

Paula can interview. She is an asset to the show, as is Joy. I'm not so sure about Michelle or Raven. I agree that with Paula on board there's no need for CCB. If only Whoopi would disappear quietly (other projects, etc.), we could see a rejuvenation.

• Love 4

Can you remember where you saw this?  It's been my understanding that Joy came back as a full time co-host and they will, indeed, have six at the table (which is way, way too many) and then a group of rotating contributors.  I can't find anything that says Joy is back only as a fill in as needed.

• Love 1

maggiemae, I agree that 5 is too many, so 6 is just ridiculous.  But I doubt all six will see the year out anyway.  The revolving door at The View has been in heavy use for the past few years and I doubt this year will be any different.  They are trying to catch and hold onto something that is long gone.  The View had it's day but the sun has set on it and they really need to pack up their tents and steal away into the night.  (And I am sad to say that as I LOVED this show for so many years).

I am happy though that Joy is back (the only reason for me to watch anymore at all) and will be doing the moderation on Fridays.  Maybe someone can look past their ego, tune in and see how it should be done.

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 8

There was a whole crew of "rotating contributors" that was listed in the article.... other than Sherri last Friday.... and Stacy London today there hasnt been others.... We know Sherri has a deal with 50 shows... I wonder what the deal was for the others

Edit:
Thanks onthebrink03 for the "rotating contributors" phrase.... I was trying to figure out what to call them.

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 1
I can't find anything that says Joy is back only as a fill in as needed.

Me too...and I don't think most of us would like that.

But of course she has gay friends, yeah right!

I'm not sure that I heard that in the plural...and also it was just that she had refused "a friend" a marriage license.  Perhaps it was a straight friend who had some other sin that Kim Davis cannot forgive.

• Love 2

I agree with whoever said Candace will end up imploding this panel just like the past two years, particularly if the only people to disagree with her on Joy's day off will be Raven and Whoopi. Jeez what a mess that'd be. I have a feeling she'll end up making me sour on Paula, too, because I can already see them tag-teaming the rest of the table and causing a rift.

• Love 2

Candace is wearing out her welcome before she arrives!

http://perezhilton.com/2015-09-20-candace-cameron-bure-the-view-nurses-comments-dodged-a-bullet#.VgJv_flVikq

"I did dodge a bullet although I wish I were there because I would have had some other words to say, which were how much I appreciate nurses. We couldn't do what they do. Doctors couldn't do what they do without the nurses. I'm so appreciative and grateful of nurses. I kind of let [the ladies] sort it out because you don't want to come in and go ‘Oh, I'm going to be the hero and the good person over all of this' because I think it was an unfortunate mistake. They were trying to make a joke that didn't quite go over well in the talent department and it wasn't to say that nurses aren't talented."

Did Candace even see what was actually said?

That is an issue with me.  We have talking heads spouting off and my guess is few of them saw the show, (not a clip) or saw the show afterwards with the apology.  Maybe they don't like Joy or The View, and nothing could change their minds, but I still think it is like the game of "telephone".  Someone saw something, said something, embellished something, or not, and off to the races.

• Love 6

Candice seems to be setting herself up in the same role Elisabeth had, poor little Christian Conservative getting picked on by everyone.  She is going to be just as strident and obnoxious with her views the same way Elisabeth was. 

If Candice had been there the day they discussed the pageant (and that is what they were discussing, not nurses) I have no doubt she would NOT have defended nurses.   They made unfunny jokes but Michelle and Joy weren't disparaging nurses and I don't think Candice would have at the time thought they were.

As an above poster said above, Candice is going to be the Debbie Downer of this season.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 7

I don't know who takes credit for Raven's new appearance but well done! I never noticed before what pretty eyes she has. They were overshadowed by the weird purple hair and stuff.

Why do these women insist on talking on top of each other? Not only is it rude but it's impossible to hear who is saying what! 

• Love 3

I'm not sure that I heard that in the plural...and also it was just that she had refused "a friend" a marriage license.  Perhaps it was a straight friend who had some other sin that Kim Davis cannot forgive.

I took it to mean that since she was refusing all marriage licenses after the SCOTUS ruling, that it included some straight friends of hers.  I could be wrong though.

• Love 3

Candice seems to be setting herself up in the same role Elisabeth had, poor little Christian Conservative getting picked on by everyone.  She is going to be just as strident and obnoxious with her views the same way Elisabeth was. 

If Candice had been there the day they discussed the pageant (and that is what they were discussing, not nurses) I have no doubt she would NOT have defended nurses.   They made unfunny jokes but Michelle and Joy weren't disparaging nurses and I don't think Candice would have at the time thought they were.

As an above poster said above, Candice is going to be the Debbie Downer of this season.

Good Grief! As Charlie Brown would say. I bolded that one line, because it was only Michelle who made the unfunny joke, or rather, whatever she mumbled and said in incomplete sentences that she thought was funny. All Joy did was ask an ignorant question.  And it's not just people like Candace who are running with the OMG! Did you hear? Did you SEE????  Joy and Michelle TOTALLY disparaged Nurses!  It is also folks who didn't see or watch the episode, getting all up in arms, based on the nurses who called the show to task. There are even folks here, who are still misinformed about what was actually said. It is like the Telephone game.

Okay, full disclosure and I promise, this will be the last I will speak of this, but in all my interactions with nurses (and there have been many over the years), none of them wore stethoscopes. Not a one. So I too, wondered Miss Colorado had one; I wasn't thinking what Joy was--why is she wearing a doctor's stethoscope. Just why she had the instrument.  Of course, now I've been informed.  And man, the way the show filmed all those nurses backstage from last week, made me roll my eyes. It was like they were all sitting there, waiting to audition for something, and I know that's not why they were there.

And really, maybe I'm just naive, but I don't think they needed to do a show, lauding the profession, because as far as back as the days of Trapper John, MD, I've known, that nurses are important. Hell, I'll speed it up--TNT's Nurse Hawthorne, or whatever that show was called. And I'm speaking from my experience and exposure to them, and not at all hand waving the unfair way the real nurses are treated. I just didn't say anything when I saw my friends reacting to this whole thing as if Joy and Michelle had brought out pitchforks and those sticks with balls of fire, aimed at nurses.

And now I'll shut up.

• Love 6

How on earth, Candace, can "they brought all the nurses BACK ON" if they have never had been there before? And don't you mean the gave ADDITIONAL apologies on Fri?

Heh, why get bogged down with facts and details when you're in the middle of a good self-righteous musing.  Being "the hero and the good person over all of this" is not an easy task so let's cut the little darling some slack, 'kay?.  Yes, she's the "good person" in all of this vs those big, bad meanies who just don't know how to behave.   

*eyeballs rolling right out of my head just about now.  Kindly return them if you bump into them in your travels*

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 9

well thats that..... we have breaking news...... the pope is in America so they are interrupting the show to tell us about the "anticipation of the pope's arrival"

A person in the crowd said watching the pope drive by is "life changing for my family"

Oh.... he is driving to the White House in the Popemobile..... and kissing babies...... I am so over this already

• Love 4

The Popepalooza stuff isn't going to take up the rest of the show today it seems. They didn't show any part of an old episode with Naomi Cambell here. Are some viewers of The VIew in Canada maybe?

well thats that..... we have breaking news...... the pope is in America so they are interrupting the show to tell us about the "anticipation of the pope's arrival"

A person in the crowd said watching the pope drive by is "life changing for my family"

Oh.... he is driving to the White House in the Popemobile..... and kissing babies...... I am so over this already

I'm in DC. "Over this" doesn't even scratch the surface.

• Love 5

Whoopi just said when talking about the N word.... "Young people have taken the stink out of the word"

If that is true.... why do they get upset when white people use it??

I will say what I always say... it is an offensive word and it should not be used by anyone not matter what color their skin is

• Love 6

Candice seems to be setting herself up in the same role Elisabeth had, poor little Christian Conservative getting picked on by everyone.

Except Candace is a lot more dangerous because she has a pretty big following. Elisabeth was a nobody

• Love 1

I think Whoopi was talking about younger black people using the "n word" and it has now become a term of endearment or interchangeable with "guy" and "dude" within the black community, whether you agree with it or not. It IS NOT a license for white people to use it. I really hate it when, especially a non-black person tries to use that argument about if black people can say it why get offended if a white person says it. Like really, do you even hear yourself. Bitsy got her dumbass on tv crying about this very topic. She was literally in tears because she couldn't understand why white people can't use it because the rappers use it in songs. You can use it, just prepare for the consequences that come with and yes, you do deserve the consequences.  

Rappers have grown up using the word, they are black, some black people use it, some don't. You are white, you don't get to use it, unless in relating to a historical context. It's not that hard to understand. Like some gay people might use the f word or the D-word for lesbians but you as a straight person would be rightly called out for it if you chose to use it. It is relative and it is all about context. You as a person of privilege do not get to chastise me on what is acceptable language to use amongst my people.

• Love 7

For a style "expert", Stacey was doing her best Morticia impersonation today.  Her hair is too long and too dark for her to wear all black as she was.  I also think she's trying way too hard to fit in on the panel and needs to dial herself back about 20 notches.  But why was Raven giving SL the stink-eye whenever SL spoke?

• Love 1

For a style "expert", Stacey was doing her best Morticia impersonation today.  Her hair is too long and too dark for her to wear all black as she was.  I also think she's trying way too hard to fit in on the panel and needs to dial herself back about 20 notches.  But why was Raven giving SL the stink-eye whenever SL spoke?

Maybe Stacey London was not impressed with Raven's "style" and told her

I'm not sure that I heard that in the plural...and also it was just that she had refused "a friend" a marriage license.  Perhaps it was a straight friend who had some other sin that Kim Davis cannot forgive.

This is what I was referring to:

Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis says she has refused to issue marriage licenses to her friends in same-sex relationships, explaining that even friendship couldn’t convince her to change her stance.  

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-denied-marriage-licenses-friends/story?id=33939041

• Love 1

I am in the Toronto area and they inserted an old segment of NC then went to commercial then came back and voila it was back to the new show.  WG is slowly getting louder every day, it was nice while it lasted!  I felt sorry for the guy who was introd and then immediately forced into that stupid game with Sofia, not a great ice breaker.  And they told him no talking!

I finally watched the Pam Anderson interview and think she turned to Raven more because Joy and Michelle were busy kabitzing, joking and talking over each other so I think she turned to Raven who seemed to be a captive audience.  Why do hosts ask a question of their guest then decide it is an appropriate time to crack a joke taking their mind off the answer?!  Rude!  Those two should never sit beside each other.  If Michelle had said one more time "you are Pamela Anderson, hello!"  enough already. 

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 1

Maybe Stacey London was not impressed with Raven's "style" and told her

Have to say that Raven looked hella-better than Stacey today.  All I could think of when viewing SL was Halloween, whereas Raven has been looking pretty decent with the onset of the new season.  I wonder if Raven's new look is her idea or if TPTB gave her an ultimatum.

BTW - did anyone miss Michelle today?  Did anyone notice she wasn't there?  Exactly.

• Love 4

love this pope so I don't mind the interruption. He is inspirational. I don't like the silly games, and I didn't miss Michelle. Looking forward to a Whoopi-less Friday. 

Is "pope" supposed to be capitalized?

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 2

I really wish Michelle Collins would go. 

It irritates me that Joy got the blame for the nursing fiasco, when Michelle was the cruel one!  Joy didn't even watch the pageant, she just asked why the woman had a stethoscope around her neck.  While I agree that was stupid, it was not mean spirited like Michelle.

What bothers me most about the View is how they hosts are never really prepared and informed about any topic they cover. I don't get it at all.   They meet to discuss the topics ahead of time. Why would the producers not make sure they don't come off as idiots?

• Love 3

The View isn't on PBS, it isn't a service, it's a chat show.  The producers love it when the panelists aren't prepared, because that's when they make mistakes, and that's what causes controversies, and that's what hikes the ratings.  If they were worried about the panel coming off as idiots, they wouldn't hire idiots.

Unpopular opinion:  I don't mind Michelle Collins.  I think Whoopi, Raven and Paula are far more cringe-inducing.

• Love 5

love this pope so I don't mind the interruption. He is inspirational. I don't like the silly games, and I didn't miss Michelle. Looking forward to a Whoopi-less Friday. 

Is "pope" supposed to be capitalized?

If a title is being used as part of a name, it should be capitalized. If the title is being used as a common noun, there's no need to capitalize. Pope John Paul II gave the sermon on Easter Sunday. The pope always gives the sermon on Easter Sunday.  From here.

I don't think Michelle is mean. But I do think with Joy on board she is superfluous. Just like with Paula, they don't need CCB. Raven and Joy are keeping Whoopi somewhat in check and on task. Somebody behind the scenes knows what s/he's doing. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 1