Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E00: 100th Episode Special

• Start Topic

I don't care one way or the other about Kelly but loathe Bethenny, which obviously colors my viewpoint. I thought Bethenny's glee on Scary Island was akin to the obnoxiousness of dancing in the end zone. Kelly gave her exactly what she wanted which is why she won't admit she could have handled it better. Kelly may be nuts but Bethenny knew exactly what she was doing. I know because I've done it myself.

I don't loathe Bethenny so my view might be colored, but I saw it more like akin to a character on the show Friends....Chandler had a roommate that said scary, crazy things to him when none of the other friends were around. The roommate also acted "normal" around the other Friends. So no one believed Chandler when he tried to tell them that the roommate was crazy. Finally he (the roommate) acted crazy in front of the other Friends and they finally saw what Chandler had been trying to tell them. I hope that makes sense.

• Love 6

It's so funny because we all see it so differently. I loathe Bethenny. She lives her life for VALIDATION due to her version of the events of her childhood. She came out of that funeral angry, she's so angry at her parents especially, now Jason Hoppy and anyone else who doesn't give the core of her soul the infancy level of validation she is missing. Hormonal and knowing she could never act out for Daddy's validation again she went after any nit picking of Kelly she could pounce on. She and Kelly have a past...pre Housewives. B being blown off by K for years out in the Hamptons and when B was struggling to make it in there and in the city in a gritty way while while Kelly was the "it" girl. Slow burn for Bethenny who craves validation.

Kelly has peripherally known B from before Housewives and IMHO was not a fan of Bethennys antics and fast talking vulgar style. Kelly lives an insular life. Focus on her privacy, her kids and her circles not on the constant soul sucking rapid fire vulgar hustle of Bethenny and she wisely gave her a wide berth and I think it drives Bethenny crazy from years before that Kelly doesn't give her a hair of validation that she so craves.

So, it's never about what it's about as they say. Scary Island was just a humid mixing alcohols padded rubber room of Bethennys grief hormones anger and validation problems their history and Kelly's insular lifestyle of never being put in the same room for long periods of time with those she doesn't choose from her circles..... Bad combo.

Kelly looks great now, still, coherently explained the I'm up here you're down there business, and oh yeah, isn't fighting a press war divorce dragging her child through the mud like Bethenny is which I think is criminal and selfish . Bethenny is doing all of this for more validation. From who? Us? Her fans? Who cares!!

Hogs get slaughtered is so disgusting and vile. Bawby Zarin fed and housed her while she was getting her break into RHoNY. That's some respect she's giving back. Bethenny is an ill mannered attention whore who is a bottomless pit of need.

Kelly is still "up there " and B is still "down there".

• Love 8

I don't loathe Bethenny so my view might be colored, but I saw it more like akin to a character on the show Friends....Chandler had a roommate that said scary, crazy things to him when none of the other friends were around. The roommate also acted "normal" around the other Friends. So no one believed Chandler when he tried to tell them that the roommate was crazy. Finally he (the roommate) acted crazy in front of the other Friends and they finally saw what Chandler had been trying to tell them. I hope that makes sense.

Kelly was making crazy statements in front of all of the women and attacking Bethenny in front of them too.  IMHO, Sonja was the only person who handled the situation well.  Then again, she was unofficially made the Kelly babysitter so that might be why.

• Love 7

Kelly was making crazy statements in front of all of the women and attacking Bethenny in front of them too.  IMHO, Sonja was the only person who handled the situation well.  Then again, she was unofficially made the Kelly babysitter so that might be why.

Sonja handled the situation best once she realized Kelly had escalated to a whole nother level of cray cray. And then Sonja got the other women to realize the same. Prior to that they went through days of dealing with Kelly's lower level, annoying crazy......cook not chef, Johan face, ho bag, problem bowl, etc.

I always thought it was alcohol that sent Kelly over the edge. She acknowledged that she didn't drink much, let alone wine. That coupled with her anxiety and probably lack of sleep and bingo!

• Love 6

It's so funny because we all see it so differently. I loathe Bethenny. She lives her life for VALIDATION due to her version of the events of her childhood. She came out of that funeral angry, she's so angry at her parents especially, now Jason Hoppy and anyone else who doesn't give the core of her soul the infancy level of validation she is missing. Hormonal and knowing she could never act out for Daddy's validation again she went after any nit picking of Kelly she could pounce on. She and Kelly have a past...pre Housewives. B being blown off by K for years out in the Hamptons and when B was struggling to make it in there and in the city in a gritty way while while Kelly was the "it" girl. Slow burn for Bethenny who craves validation.

Kelly has peripherally known B from before Housewives and IMHO was not a fan of Bethennys antics and fast talking vulgar style. Kelly lives an insular life. Focus on her privacy, her kids and her circles not on the constant soul sucking rapid fire vulgar hustle of Bethenny and she wisely gave her a wide berth and I think it drives Bethenny crazy from years before that Kelly doesn't give her a hair of validation that she so craves.

So, it's never about what it's about as they say. Scary Island was just a humid mixing alcohols padded rubber room of Bethennys grief hormones anger and validation problems their history and Kelly's insular lifestyle of never being put in the same room for long periods of time with those she doesn't choose from her circles..... Bad combo.

Kelly looks great now, still, coherently explained the I'm up here you're down there business, and oh yeah, isn't fighting a press war divorce dragging her child through the mud like Bethenny is which I think is criminal and selfish . Bethenny is doing all of this for more validation. From who? Us? Her fans? Who cares!!

Hogs get slaughtered is so disgusting and vile. Bawby Zarin fed and housed her while she was getting her break into RHoNY. That's some respect she's giving back. Bethenny is an ill mannered attention whore who is a bottomless pit of need.

Kelly is also someone who seeks validation, she's not so private and insular that she turned down her shot at reality television. She also never missed an opportunity to tell everyone how much "integrity" she has (in case you've forgotten, she has "so much integrity") and what an amazing life she has and how much everyone around her just loves her. I think Kelly is used to being around people that tiptoe around her and kiss her ass, and she couldn't handle that Bethenny didn't think she was "all that". So, Kelly responded by going mean girl.

As far as Bobby Zarin, I never bought the whole he put food in your mouth bullshit guilt trip Jill was trying to lay down. It's not like Bobby and Jill supported Bethenny. The aren't her mommy and daddy. She's forever indebted to them because Bobby bought dinners and Bethenny was their houseguest? Fuck that noise.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 13

No she isn't forever indebted to them. Personally I think the hogs get slaughtered quip et al was excessively harsh considering they did display some hospitality and I'm guessing provided B with some introductions when she was a relative nobody.

I agree Kelly is probably surrounded by ass kissers. But I don't agree that she couldn't handle how B felt about her. Kelly does not care about Beth whatsoever .

• Love 2

I disagree that Kelly doesn't care about Bethenny whatsoever, I think she cares enough to see her as competition. I always thought that Kelly needed to be the hottest girl in the room, the "it" girl if you will, and young, skinny, increasingly more successful Bethenny was a little threatening.

As far as being a relative nobody, Bethenny had some pretty well known friends, and she'd already been on TV. I think Jill likes to inflate her role as starmaker for poor unknown Bethenny.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 8
Kelly had the opportunity here to say something (even if it was very vague), that she has personal "issues" or just something/anything.  But no, she admitted to nothing happening to her on Scary Island (other than her "crying"), and she admitted to NOTHING being wrong with her.  

Kelly is quick to shut conversation down when she doesn't like it. By constantly saying that nothing was wrong (outside of "systematic bullying"), she keeps the issue at arm's length and disarms further questions. And while it's weird to watch, I don't think an insincere apology is the way to go either. I'm thinking of Aviva's "apology" after Slutty Island at the reunion, when she said "the only person acting like white trash on that island was me." There was no warmth or emotion in her face or her eyes and it was obvious that the mechanical apology was all about the backlash she received. After Slutty Island, Aviva was still vicious in her blogs and social media. A 180-degree turn was disingenuous.

Did Kelly ever apologize to Jill et al for the Halloween party? I think she was over an hour late to her own Halloween party and Jill was furious.

• Love 5

No she isn't forever indebted to them. Personally I think the hogs get slaughtered quip et al was excessively harsh considering they did display some hospitality and I'm guessing provided B with some introductions when she was a relative nobody.

I agree Kelly is probably surrounded by ass kissers. But I don't agree that she couldn't handle how B felt about her. Kelly does not care about Beth whatsoever .

I didn't especially care for that hogs remark either.  OK, Bethenny, we know you won the battle with Jillzy.  No need to kick her in the face & smash her head in front of us.  Cool it, hun.  It's icky.  But that's Bethenny.  She's cold, cruel & heartless.  Honestly, that she has all these diehard super-fans, really puzzles me.

Kelly was definitely very affected by Bethenny.  Not at first, tho.  Sure, Bethenny used to name-drop like crazy, but Kelly did the same thing.  I don't think Kelly was in any impressed by Bethenny, years ago.  I suspect Kelly thought of Bethenny as not particularly attractive & a nobody & a loser.  And that's pretty much why she barely acknowledged her & would always act like she never met her.  Then it changed between those 2.  And it wasn't just because of her SkinnyGirl success.  It came before that.  It probably started with Bethenny zinging Kelly about being Madonna -- which they showed on this 100th thing.

That remark clearly stung Kelly.  She said Bethenny "jumped down her throat".  Er, those were Kelly's words, which she just said on this 100th thing.  Maybe after years & years & years of Kelly being fussed over as a hot model, Bethenny was the first one to ever give her some shit.  And it clearly drove her nuts.  And then came their showdown at Monkey Bar, with the "I'm up here & you're down there" remark & Bethenny pointing out how the amazing Max, who Kelly was trying to imply was her boyfriend, was not.  Guess this stuff was the setup for Kelly to blow up over on Scary Island.

Anyhoo, I thought Kelly seemed really angry on this 100th thing.  So who is she angry with?  Anyone who implied (or outright said) she's crazy?  Moaner is the one I remember saying she was crazy.  They even showed the scene on Scary Island where she says Kelly is crazy.  And yet on this thing she said she's fine & dandy with Moaner.  Um, what the what?  So if she ain't angry at Moaner, then who else?  Seems to me like it's Bethenny & Bethenny alone.  She's the one who "jumped down her throat".  Oh & then there was that lovely scene on Scary Island of Bethenny screeching at her, that she was crazy & ordering her to go to sleep.  Who could forget that -- or Kelly's scrunched up face in response?  

Er, I don't think it's possible for anyone to be anywhere near Bethenny & not be affected by her.  Not saying that's a good thing, but it's why she makes for good reality TV.

The thing is, as angry as Kelly seemed to be on this 100th thing, that she says people everywhere think she's crazy, she's still out & about, covered every day (for some mysterious reason) by Daily Mail.  This is just from the last 2 days-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3245652/Kelly-Bensimon-displays-sun-kissed-glow-chic-one-sleeve-blouse-Intern-premiere-NYC.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3248444/Horsing-Kelly-Bensimon-wraps-arm-preppy-mystery-man-Rolex-Central-Park-Horse-Show.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3244250/Kelly-Bensimon-steps-knee-high-boots-boldly-patterned-frock-documentary-premiere.html

WTF?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

According to all those DailyMail pics, Kelly will go to any opening even the opening of an envelope!

Isn't that what the castmembers said about her when she started the show? Basically she was at every opening/party, would breeze in with air kisses and leave after like twenty minutes. I remember both B and Sonja mentioning this at least.

• Love 5

Yes. That's basically Kelly at any party: comes in gushing and cooing, kisses a few of the important/pretty people, gets social pics made/stops by the step-and-repeat, very quick and frivolous small talk along the way, then after 15-20 minutes or so she quickly skips away with air-kisses and waves as she bounces off to the next goofy event.

And Bethenny had the best impression of the classic Kelly party enterance too: "Hiiiiiieeee! Hiiiii...Hiiiiieeee...cuuuute! Heyyyy! Hiiiiiieeee!!!"

No wonder the poor woman doesn't seem capable of having a lasting relationship beyond her last husband---she seems so sadly vapid that a complex adult conversation would just be way too taxing for someone with her limited social/intellectual abilities. Which makes one wonder how she even snagged Gilles for marriage and two daughters in the first place...

• Love 6

Yes. That's basically Kelly at any party: comes in gushing and cooing, kisses a few of the important/pretty people, gets social pics made/stops by the step-and-repeat, very quick and frivolous small talk along the way, then after 15-20 minutes or so she quickly skips away with air-kisses and waves as she bounces off to the next goofy event.

And Bethenny had the best impression of the classic Kelly party enterance too: "Hiiiiiieeee! Hiiiii...Hiiiiieeee...cuuuute! Heyyyy! Hiiiiiieeee!!!"

No wonder the poor woman doesn't seem capable of having a lasting relationship beyond her last husband---she seems so sadly vapid that a complex adult conversation would just be way too taxing for someone with her limited social/intellectual abilities. Which makes one wonder how she even snagged Gilles for marriage and two daughters in the first place...

Yeah I find it hard to even picture Kelly being intimate with a man. There is nothing "sexy" about Kelly and I'm not talking about her appearance.
  • Love 1

Wow. I didn't think it possible to dislike Bethy much more than I already did but this episode delivered!

Her arrogance is really astonishing. And some of the looks that Andy graces her with are embarrassing, like he's about ready to drool over his little money-maker. Gag.

And then how she included herself almost as part of production with her, We've broken into the White House, we've..., we've...

I had forgotten about that Skinnygirl logo w/her ass in the martini glass. Maybe that's what stirs the cocktails. Does she still use that?

Don't know what Carol has had done or if it was just good makeup shading but I think she looked nice. Likewise Dorinda with her new short do and cleeeeaveage.

• Love 4

Sorry to the Bethenny super-fans, and I guess I gotta repeat this 17 million times that I don't hate her, but I reserve the right to critique Bethenny's behavior.  I'm not getting where the assumption comes from that critiquing Bethenny = hating her.  It's too simple & it just ain't true.

Amen. I enjoy being able to snark on all of the HWs without being considered a "hater". I'm not that simple! I can pick out flaws even in people that I like. Hell I can pick out flaws in myself. Everybody has flaws. While I like Bethenny and am inspired by her, I fully endorse your right to snark on her or even hate her if you're so inclined.

I like Bethenny because I respect her hard work and business success. I would much rather see a woman on TV that created and sold a business for millions than yet another model or trophy wife. I have no beef with models or trophy wives, I just think that women like Bethenny and Heather are fun to see as well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, (I didn't watch RH in the early seasons) but didn't Bethenny get screwed over by Jill Z.? I was under the impression that Jill faked a fight with Bethenny for drama and "fame" without telling Bethenny. If I was close to someone and they risked my friendship by staging a big fight with me on TV I would really start to doubt that we had ever been friends in the first place. I don't get mad easily, but that would be a huge betrayal in my eyes, and I would never trust him or her again. If someone did something that ridiculous to me while claiming they fed me and put shelter over my head I would be livid!

Glad to hear that Carole apologized for telling the viewers that Sonya had

anal

sex. Would have been nice if she had apologized to us as well!

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 3

snipped

I like Bethenny because I respect her hard work and business success. I would much rather see a woman on TV that created and sold a business for millions than yet another model or trophy wife. I have no beef with models or trophy wives, I just think that women like Bethenny and Heather are fun to see as well.

snipped

Granimal, I agree. And when they were showing the "original" Bethenny at work, and in her 1 bedroom apt. etc., I was reminded of why I used to like her.

At some point she became, to me, less about hard work and more about grasping. I have to believe that the HW's shows really escalated her business successes but she continued to take some, imho, undeserved credit.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 3

Maybe RHNYC would have better ratings if they didn't try and make it all about business success.  So far this season's group of women had ONE of eight women enjoying relationship success and that was Heather. I don't know if John and Dorinda are a success. Contrast that with only ONE out of eight wasn't promoting a product or business.  Dorinda.  Maybe more married women and fewer women trying to be the next Bethenny.

Maybe RHNYC would have better ratings if they didn't try and make it all about business success.  So far this season's group of women had ONE of eight women enjoying relationship success and that was Heather. I don't know if John and Dorinda are a success. Contrast that with only ONE out of eight wasn't promoting a product or business.  Dorinda.  Maybe more married women and fewer women trying to be the next Bethenny.

While I get what you are saying, RHoNY has always had more of a focus on business/monetary success than the others. On the first season, there was Ramona negotiating with a vendor and her bragging about making her first million by 30. Jill was pimping Zarin Fabrics pretty hard. B was schilling vegan, gluten free baked goods and her personal chef services. Simon and Alex were bragging about going to Caribbean islands off season for vacation and shopping for designer clothing in hopes of making the society pages. Basically, this show has always been less on family and more on money and social connections.

• Love 2

And though Dorinda did a pretty piss poor job of it, I think she was supposed to be pimping John's dry-cleaning business this season. Oops.

Ramona really made her first million by the time she was 30? It's not that I don't believe her...

It was fun to see a younger Avery this epi. What a cutie.

I read somewhere that RHoNY was originally titled Manhattan Moms which would have been an awkward fit for Bethy. And her grasping.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

I think Bethanny sort of fit in with the "Manhattan Moms" theme because she was also chasing a ring from the first Jason. He had a few kids, as well. Luckily for her, he dumped her and the show went the way of "Housewives". The rest is history.

I think Bethanny sort of fit in with the "Manhattan Moms" theme because she was also chasing a ring from the first Jason. He had a few kids, as well. Luckily for her, he dumped her and the show went the way of "Housewives". The rest is history.

Whose baby was she pregnant with on Scary Island?

I don't know how I managed to miss the pregnancy back then.

I do remember watching her pee on a stick during one of her solo shows. That's when I rethought my Bethy viewing habits.

And loved the Kelley-jogs-NY segments on this 100th show. Either they were extended clips or time kind of stopped for her, potential, carwreck batshitcrazy on initial viewing.

I don't know how I managed to miss the pregnancy back then.

I do remember watching her pee on a stick during one of her solo shows. That's when I rethought my Bethy viewing habits.

I am pretty sure the stick peeing incident happened on RHoNY.  She peed in a bucket on her solo show.

• Love 3

That I believe.  

It's so much easier to work with people you like than those you don't.

I've always liked Bethenny.  She's smart, quick and makes me laugh so Andy isn't the "only" one.

That I believe.  

It's so much easier to work with people you like than those you don't.

I've always liked Bethenny.  She's smart, quick and makes me laugh so Andy isn't the "only" one.

Thank you for saying this. These boards are not the real world of viewers by any stretch. I had to come out of lurkdom to say this. I think Ramona, Carole, Sonja, Dorinda and others truly like Bethenny as well. But what do I know? -- I only go by what I see on the show.

• Love 1

well, i guess i'm in the minority again. i enjoyed the 100th episode and here are my thoughts and observations.

kelly: she wasn't bullied. if anything, she bullied alex and bethenny. she said and called bethenny all sorts of nasty things. she was extremely dismissive of alex and beth. i don't remember whose apartment they were in but beth was trying to work things out with kelly. kelly wouldn't talked to her.

kelly gave as good as she got.

bethenny: i like her and for the most part i enjoy her. was disappointed in her response re bullying of kelly in scary island..she had nothing to apologize for and she should have stated as such.

alex: i didn't care for her the first season but she and simmon really grew on me. what comic relief!!! i loved ramona came to embrace both of them. alex was always the voice of reason and i miss them!

jill: loved her and beth together....and really enjoyed watching their scenes together. her ego got the better of her.. andy gave her some credit for casting and said she refused to.be on the show

luann: i didn't like her the first few years..on the 100th episode she said she was sorry that beth and jills friendship ended,.........untrue!! she did everything she could to keep them apart. ramona set up a meeting at her apt....and luann encouraged jill not to stay and listen to beth.....now that was evil.

obviously i enjoyed the first years for more than the recent. i think ny is the best franchise

Other than the statement referencing 'enjoying' Bethenny--ABSOLUTELY did NOT, I agree with your post:-)

*In reference to the ABOVE QUOTE*

It most certainly does make sense!

I had a family member that behaved in such a fashion with me. It wasn't until YEARS and YEARS later that the individual 'slipped up' and other family members' eyes were opened.

Prior to The Reveal, I was routinely chastised for my sharp biting remarks to this person when I became an adult. (as a result of rather cruel behavior since my childhood although the person was an adult during the onset of the MISbehavior.)

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

I don't think Beth owed Kelly an apology nor do any of the housewives. Kelly had no problem emphatically stating her opinions. How many times did Kelly tell Beth that she was a cook, not a chef.... I think people have been backing down to Kelly all her life. Tiptoeing around her like a fragile flower. Kelly 'needed' to hear what the housewives were saying. She needed a good dose of reality. She's just as delusional now as she was on the show. There's something seriously wrong with her and placating her is not the answer. That just feeds her irrational behavior. I do understand why Sonja said to the ladies to stop at the dinner on Scary Island. It was time to just get her off the island.

Saying anything about having regrets after the fact just affirms to Kelly that she was right.... But she wasn't. She wasn't bullied. She wasn't attacked. She was being responded to. And she will never get it if people express regrets to a person who was out of line whether she has some mental illness or not. She still has responsibility. And I don't want to see her on my screen....

THIS is so true ( in this particular Bethenny situation).

Unfortunately, with 'characters' such as Kelly Killoren Bensimon, any acknowledgement of sympathetic 'regret' would be viewed as a "See, I wasn't wrong in my behavior" by Kelly (and, she was) and, also, construed into an erroneously twisted version of both the wording and sentiments expressed by the speaker. And, it would. NEVER. END.

I realize some have stated otherwise, but I firmly believe that Bethenny definitely had that massive jawline shaved.

And, golly gee! That surgeon did a damn fine job!

It's truly amazing--SOME of things that money CAN buy.

• Love 1

Absolutely agree.

IMO if it is expected that Bethenny somehow should have softened her words, then Kelly should have also apologized for her lack of sensitivity for her unprovoked badgering of a midterm, pregnant woman just returning cross country from a funeral. It's as if Kelly feels that she is above reproach - she's truly "up there" and everyone else is "down there".

Although, I do not care for Bethenny based on a few reasons, I DO agree with this point.

"Bethenny had an issue from the get go about filming with Kelly because Kelly didn't remember her. Then there was the nonsense with Betheny at Kelly's house and Bethenny claiming her boyfriend some sort of rock photographer was being hit on by Kelly."

*QUOTE by zoeysmom*

----

*I think that a lot of people have forgotten about Bethenny's behavior upon her t.v. introduction to Kelly.

Yes, Kelly's advent portrayed an extremely haughty, spoiled, ignorant, and creepily immature demeanor. BUT, on the show, it was Bethenny who, during her 'talking head' commentary(ies), initiated negative personal comments about Kelly. Clear hostility was demonstrated ( ie.: alluding that Kelly must think that she is Madonna,...)*

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

Viewers differ on the the platform of the HW franchises.

For some, enjoyment of the program would be gleaned from viewing the women in MORE realistically natural daily life situations with SOME meet and greet activities arising from true lifestyle actions, organizations,...( as much as is possible). Their True LifeStyle IS the storyline.

Others may find the above a bit boring and drama needs to permeate and ensue. However, in general, DRAMA is not a constant, so REALity is needed. This causes a more manufactured program which leads to ACTing, thereby rendering Soap OperaISH fabrications. Thus, the NEED for 'Storylines' and the like.

Personally, I prefer a much less manufactured program. More in the manner of the early RHOC and RHNY.

I find it strange when viewers comment that whoever does not have a storyline. To me, their actual life is The Story.

• Love 2

Your comments are 'VERY well put' especially concerning their 'shared' history.

Their previous lifestyles were different. One lavish, pampered coasting,... and the other hustling and rushed. But, both egotistical.

Except, in MY opinion, Kelly tremendously overreached and began a harsh and jealous campaign against Bethenny (with encouragement from Jill) that was relentless. Unaccustomed to relegation to a 'lower tier' of attention, Kelly became flustered and flummoxed that Bethenny was 'adored' and publicly claimed attractive---and she was not. Kelly was absolutely not use to the lack of fawning. She then reacted in a demented manner toward Bethenny.

*( I do believe the "..up here...down there" comment was misconstrued. I think that Kelly meant their perspectives,... were not the same. And, rather than holding her hands apart parallel, she gestured wrongly in her fruit-loopy manner.)

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 1

According to Kelly, she did nothing wrong. She didn't have a breakdown. She was systematically bullied. She won't even admit that she was wrong about yelling Al Sharpton, Al Sharpton. So what do the women owe her an apology for? They didn't bully her. They responded to her hypocrisy (I don't eat processed foods. Want a gummy bear?), her insistence that Beth was a cook, not a chef, her rudeness of not stepping away when she was on the phone, and then there was dinner. Add to that all the things she said in her room when she wasn't with the other women.

It would be different if she did admit that she had a mini breakdown and apologized for her behavior. Then the women could say that they didn't fully realize until later in the dinner that there was something else going on besides Kelly being totally obnoxious. They could offer an apology in turn. The root of 'Scary' Island came from Kelly's behavior. If she refuses to own any of it, any apology from the women just enforces Kelly's delusion of what she says happened.

Exactly.

Exactly.

But *when* they realized she was off her rocker, they *did* change their behavior towards her. I think that's enough, IMO. Even when they changed their behavior, Kelly continued her delusional rants against them with her "systematic bullying". Kelly is crazy, but I don't think being crazy means the others have to just sit there and take it.

Ditto.

• Love 1

I honestly have no idea what Beth would have to apologize for or be regretful about. Maybe Kelly is nuts, maybe she isn't. What she was on that trip was scary. Really scary. Before that trip, she was just a bitch to Beth. Remember that Alex said one time that security was posted at Beth's door at one point because Kelly was making references to the fact that Beth could easily suffer a miscarriage. When it was recognized that perhaps she was suffering a breakdown, everyone backed off. As crazy as Kelly was on that trip, I found her behavior months later at the reunion to be perhaps the most shocking behavior I've ever seen at a reunion. That is including having watched both Brandi and Teresa G. at reunions. She took absolutely zero ownership for anything. She didn't admit to why folks might have been concerned/scared/pissed about the way she was acting. She still contended that she was the one who had been mistreated. It was beyond strange to me, and I can certainly see why any sympathy that Beth might have had for her would be gone. Since that time Kelly has said many times in the press that Beth was "after her". I have rarely heard Beth talk about Kelly. Kelly is the one who wants to continue down a path that makes it seem like she was all innocent and light, while at the same time painting Beth as a horrible monster. Why in the world would Beth show any empathy towards someone who continues to trash her, even years later? Someone who hasn't admitted to having any kind of a problem? I think it would all probably be different if she would admit to doing anything at all wrong, but she never has. Even Ramona is smart enough to know when you have to admit you were wrong.

I agree with The Above so much that I could pick up the phone and call you!

Great!

(P.S. : Don't worry. I am not Kelly. I won't attempt to call you. It was just for emphasis(lol!)

• Love 3
On October 5, 2015 at 1:51 PM, BookElitist said:

I agree with The Above so much that I could pick up the phone and call you!

Great!

(P.S. : Don't worry. I am not Kelly. I won't attempt to call you. It was just for emphasis(lol!)

Here Here - I too had the same response as you did to her post, Yahoo!  Someone I could actually have a sane discussion with. (But I too have to add the "Only written for emphasis". And not to worry - I am not a potential stalker, nor do I have the energy to go "all Kelly" on anyone.)

On September 18, 2015 at 10:22 AM, ryebread said:

Maybe one of the cards that she holds is that Andy truly likes her.  And she likes him. There's no telling what these cunning, famewhores could do if they really put their heads together.  Andy and Bravo want a piece of Bethenny.  That's a card.

I realize Bethenny is an acquired taste, but she is what sucked me into watching the entire housewives gigs. I thought she was hilarious, and she literally had to scratch and fight for every success she has. I wish I could say I knew something was off with Hoppy, but sadly I didn't. It was only after they married, and his constant referral to her being 'damaged goods' sadly put the writing on the wall. I don't think she should have to pay out as much as she did, but she did insist he was her partner in everything (for every time he was pouting about getting no attention). I still like her personality.

11 hours ago, Chalby said:

I realize Bethenny is an acquired taste, but she is what sucked me into watching the entire housewives gigs. I thought she was hilarious, and she literally had to scratch and fight for every success she has. I wish I could say I knew something was off with Hoppy, but sadly I didn't. It was only after they married, and his constant referral to her being 'damaged goods' sadly put the writing on the wall. I don't think she should have to pay out as much as she did, but she did insist he was her partner in everything (for every time he was pouting about getting no attention). I still like her personality.

I always liked Bethenny.  I don't agree with everything she says and does and her delivery is lacking at times but she is the one I would appreciate most.  She is honest and I like that.  But I know she is not for everyone.  I have two sisters and the one I am most like really likes Bethenny while the one who isn't can't stand her.  

I saw the problems with Jason early on.  I knew his expectations of weekly visits with his parents was going to be problematic.  I would be VERY pissed if I worked all week (lots of hours at that) and then I was expected to drive a couple of hours to see family or have them come see me EVERY WEEK!  Not happening.  He needed a different kind of gal just like she needed a different kind of guy.