Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Walker: Cruise Ship Chef

BogoGog24
  • Start Topic

Maybe Leon and Rocky will open a restaurant called "Crazy's" (or should that be "Crazies"?) where they'll serve a prix fixe menu of raw oysters with grenadine, a salad of mixed greens topped with Oreo croutons, left-over pot roast quesadillas, a choice of braised beef cheeks or undercooked chicken legs, and Betty Crocker brownies. For an additional charge you get a Fireball shot before every course.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Maybe Leon and Rocky will open a restaurant called "Crazy's" (or should that be "Crazies"?) where they'll serve a prix fixe menu of raw oysters with grenadine, a salad of mixed greens topped with Oreo croutons, left-over pot roast quesadillas, a choice of braised beef cheeks or undercooked chicken legs, and Betty Crocker brownies. For an additional charge you get a Fireball shot before every course.

This might be the lone instance in which I would willingly drink a Fireball.........

• Love 2

This might be the lone instance in which I would willingly drink a Fireball.........

You'd need it because Rocky would probably step out of the kitchen to entertain the guests with a mid-meal cabaret number, perhaps set in a fish tank and featuring a topless mermaid.

You'd need it because Rocky would probably step out of the kitchen to entertain the guests with a mid-meal cabaret number, perhaps set in a fish tank and featuring a topless mermaid.

Quoting my own post to add that I fear Connie would take them up on their offer to do guest appearances in the tank, smearing all sorts of odd things on herself.

http://realmrhousewife.com/2015/11/17/chef-leon-walker-not-at-below-deck-reunion-exclusive-statement/

My favorite part is that he says he contributed to the high ratings... I'm not sure I'd be so proud of that since people were more watching for the train wreck factor. Someone posted a week to week report of the season and while they had decent ratings all season there was a sharp increase when Leon left and Ben came back. I'll see if I can find the report I don't remember if it was here or on Twitter.

Yeah right! He declined to attend the reunion because he's a coward and would have to face Kate and answer questions about why he was such an ass the entire season. If he really truly thinks the show portrayed him inaccurately, then why wouldn't he take the chance to show himself for who he really is and clear things up? Letting it go is just solidifying what the show portrayed him as, not changing it.

• Like 1

I don't have an article, but it looks to be true-ish. According to TvByTheNumbers, the ratings for the last 7 weeks are thus:

Viewers (millions)   Rating

11/17 |        1.717                     0.7
11/10 |        1.477                     0.7
11/01 |        1.471                     0.6
10/27 |        1.460                     0.6   *
10/20 |        1.283                     0.5
10/13 |        1.170                     0.5
10/06 |        1.274                     0.5

The episode that aired 10/27 was the episode Leon was let go. But the show had been trending upward, so I don't know if it was Leon's dismissal that caused people to stick around (or come back ... I don't have data on how the season started).

The episode that aired 10/27 was the episode Leon was let go. But the show had been trending upward, so I don't know if it was Leon's dismissal that caused people to stick around (or come back ... I don't have data on how the season started).

Well, it would be easy to posit that it was his dismissal that bumped it up to .6 and Ben who bumped it higher than that. Regardless, he's as delusional as Rocky is crazy.

Edited by rainsmom
  • Like 1

I went and compiled the full ratings list:

Viewers (millions)   Rating

11/17 |        1.717                     0.7
11/10 |        1.477                     0.7
11/01 |        1.471                     0.6
10/27 |        1.460                     0.6   *
10/20 |        1.283                     0.5
10/13 |        1.170                     0.5
10/06 |        1.274                     0.5

09/29 |        1.119                     0.4
09/22 |        1.109                     0.5
09/15 |        1.116                     0.5
09/08 |        1.143                     0.5
09/01 |        1.032                     0.5
08/25 |        1.082                     0.4

So the show was definitely trending upward, but I'm impressed it managed to pick up almost 700,000 viewers over its run. I'm not sure it was just because Leon was let go, but I'd sure like to believe it was.

It's more likely people either really liked Rocky as a character or the Rocky/Eddie storyline, or they simply just remembered the show was on, but Leon's dismissal definitely didn't hurt things. People weren't sticking around for him, despite what he'd like to believe. (For what it's worth, I think Ben's a better character, anyway.)

Yeah, that looks pretty close to what I saw, the one I saw was a bigger table, but the information posted was all I really looked at. I don't know if the increase is truly because of Leon leaving/Ben returning... I know for myself personally, I watched this season beginning to end, but a lot of times I won't notice a show back in the line up until a couple weeks in... So I'll miss the first 2-3 episodes before I catch it again, so something like that can play into ratings, or if you look what it was up against that can matter too. But regardless Leon can have a seat with his "I brought in the ratings" because if it weren't for characters like Kate/Amy/Connie I would have been long gone from the Leon/Rocky/Emile comedy hour. I personally watched dispite him, not for him.

• Love 1

Where's the editing software that made Leon behave like a condescending prick, demonstrate an utter lack of regard for the cleanliness and safety of the galley that was his responsibility, dismiss the idea of putting in effort to wow the passengers, and try to blame his shortcomings on a co-worker when the captain was questioning him? Because I wasn't aware that film editors could do any of those things...

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Like 1