Type keyword(s) to search

Green Arrow In Comics

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

Wait, so Oliver Queen gets thrown into a sporting good store (which I'm assuming was closed or else the people inside would have seen him) and comes out of the same store in a hockey mask with a bow and no one puts it together? Wow, and I thought the criminals in Metropolis were blind and/or stupid.

No, it was open. He actually told people to get out, haha.

That's...even worse. "Hey, Oliver Queen just got thrown through a window and told us to get out of that store the guy in the hockey mask, wearing the exact same clothes, just came out of. And he's really good with a bow."

Edited by KirkB
smoakingenius asked:

I think I read somewhere that you're doing Arrow 3.5 comics. Will they be released over the break, or will they be released alongside the show as they were this year? Since they take place between the seasons, I'm really hoping that's when they'll be released.

We’re currently doing Arrow Season 2.5 comics.  They’re available on comixology.com, Amazon, and iTunes.  They’ll also be released in paperback when we finish up.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

So…did Oliver call Felicity 'Overwatch' in the 2.5 comic today? Or did Overwatch refer to the Foundry?

I enjoyed this instalment but it made me kind of sad that Roy's left. He saved Oliver and everything and they went on about him being a partner. Ugh.

Edited by Guest

I was wondering about "Overwatch" too. I had to laugh at the "No thanks" from Diggle about needing a mask.

I agree with Angel12d about Roy. It made me sad and I although I didn't notice his absence in 3.20 I think I am going to miss him.

• Love 1

Wait...so the newest comic installment references Overwatch, and then he has a little footnote about purchasing his book Overwatch (and this book has nothing to do whatsoever with Arrow).  Is that right?  

Haha, no. He just called her "Overwatch." The sarcasm is all mine, haha

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

That "Overwatch" thing was so awkward. They have never even attempted to give Felicity or Dig (or I guess, HQ in general) codenames, and it's strange to just bust that out in a comic. But I liked this issue, because it felt more like vintage Arrow, and I like Roy being a snarky little puppy, all excited to go to Lian Yu.

That "Overwatch" thing was so awkward. They have never even attempted to give Felicity or Dig (or I guess, HQ in general) codenames, and it's strange to just bust that out in a comic. But I liked this issue, because it felt more like vintage Arrow, and I like Roy being a snarky little puppy, all excited to go to Lian Yu.

Oliver told Dig to be on overwatch in "Public Enemy." So I guess Gugenheim is trying to brainwash people into buying his book :P But this issue did bring up two things I'd really like to see on the show: some kind of identity concealer for Diggle when he's out in the field and codenames for both Diggle and Felicity. They need to be more conscious of identity protection on the show for the non-masked heroes.

• Love 1

Well.. he's failing cause i totally forget the man has a book out, and that it's called overwatch.

I thought they gave that nickname to Felicity and all I could think was: but why not Oracle! or any of the other similar characters in DC comics (I seem to remember reading about a character whose name and code name I can't remember right now, who is the same as oracle).

Edited by foreverevolving

Well.. he's failing cause i totally forget the man has a book out, and that it's called overwatch.

I thought they gave that nickname to Felicity and all I could think was: but why not Oracle! or any of the other similar characters in DC comics (I seem to remember reading about a character whose name and code name I can't remember right now, who is the same as oracle).

DC took Oracle away from Arrow when they decided to include Barbara Gordon on Titans/Blackbirds.

I don't think he was referring to Felicity by the name "Overwatch," I think he was asking for overwatch as in support.

is Overwatch an actual word/term? I've only heard it as the title of MG's novel. I Googled it but only thing I saw was in reference to a video game.

Good old wikipedia to the rescue.

"In modern warfare, overwatch is the state of one small unit or military vehicle supporting another unit, while they are executing fire and movement tactics. An overwatching, or supporting unit has taken a position where it can observe the terrain ahead, especially likely enemy positions. This allows it to provide effective covering fire for advancing friendly units. The term overwatch originates in U.S. military doctrine."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overwatch

• Love 1

Sorry apinknightmare!

But on a sidenote, Overwatch would be a good way to incorporate Ray into the Arrow team when there are no metahumans. His suit would allow him to provide advance info to help TA safe. It has flight, scanning, facial recogition & ability to fire from distances, esp. when it goes nano. It would allow Diggle to remain in the field on the ground with Oliver.

• Love 1

DC is currently releasing a weekly limited comic book series called Convergence. Green Arrow is one of the titles featured in this series and I noticed that Oliver Queen will have a run-in with Dinah Lance in an upcoming issue:

CONVERGENCE: GREEN ARROW #2

STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! It’s a family feud! The first-ever meeting between Oliver Queen and Connor Hawke gets complicated when they are attacked by Kingdom Come’s Dinah Lance and Olivia Queen!

Source

(edited)

4551205-arrow+2.5+19+sf+cover.jpg

Marc Guggenheim retweeted

Comic Vine @ComicVine  ·  17h 17 hours ago
Exclusive Preview: ARROW: SEASON 2.5 #19 by @mguggenheim @CharalampidisJ http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-preview-arrow-season-2-5-19/1100-152241/… 

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim

With madman Caleb Green still at large, Oliver and Roy head to Lian Yu to see an old enemy…Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke!

Exclusive Preview: ARROW: SEASON 2.5 #19
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-preview-arrow-season-2-5-19/1100-152241/

Edited by tv echo

Why is the cover art so much better than what's inside?!

And yeah, I don't understand why Laurel's BC is in costume either. Did they forget continuity?

I kind of want him to do it, and to focus on Laurel/BC, Thea, Diggle, and Ray Palmer's adventures in Starling City. I'm curious about how it would sell, and if the "because comics!" people will put their money where their mouths are.

• Love 1

I wonder if that's why DC doesn't want to do it, because Laurel, Thea, Diggle and Ray wouldn't sell.  And as much as I'd like to think that Oliver and Felicity get involved with fighting smugglers in Coast City and pay a trip to Gotham and stumble across shenanigans and help out a certain masked guy in black, I'm not sure they would sell either.

IIRC, Arrow Season 2.5 is supposed to have 24 issues, but only 20 have been released so far.  When do you think MG will get around to finishing up this digital comic series?

So, I guess they burned the mansion to the ground?

LOL at the Undertaking being against the LOA code simply because permission wasn't requested from Ra's.  I wonder how many more absurd in-show things will be addressed in the final 3 issues?