Type keyword(s) to search

Meet The New Host Of The Biggest Loser

If nothing else, it will probably cut down on the producer manipulation. Bob is not a fan, to the point the producers of the Australian version (which he also did in its early seasons) had to cancel an elimination to stop him and Jillian from quitting after the original "eliminated player returns to the game" twist.

According to Variety:

Harper will take over the new role when the show’s 17th season starts shooting this month. He will also continue to offer training advice. Dolvett Quince and Jennifer Widerstrom will also return, training eight contestant teams of two in the team-versus-team competition.

I took that to mean Jessie Pavelka is out. He's not in the publicity photo provided by NBC: http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/biggest-loser-bob-harper-host-alison-sweeney-1201587894/

• Love 1

Argh. I can't figure if this will make the Cult of Bob stuff less or more prevalent.

This was my thought too.  Can you imagine Bob staying on the sidelines.

And did they really cut Jesse because a picture of him smoking a cigar appeared?  He should do something healthy, like shill caffeine supplements.

I may watch a few out of curiosity, but I'm probably out.

I don't like it.

I liked Allison and the last few seasons Bob has become insufferable to the point I didn't want him on the show.  So no Allison and more Bob? No thank you. AND no Jessie?  Boo.

I don't like it.

I liked Allison and the last few seasons Bob has become insufferable to the point I didn't want him on the show.  So no Allison and more Bob? No thank you. AND no Jessie?  Boo.

I could do without Jessie, but otherwise I fully agree.

I like Bob as host.  I don't see any cult around Bob.  He is favored by some and not by others like Jillian was.

Disclaimer:  I watch with a lot of FFing.  I skip the workouts, watch the games, quizzes and weigh ins.  And remain shocked that they follow a low fat diet, basically.  Where are we, in the 80s?  

• Love 1

I don't know if the sneak peak was indicative of what the season will be like, but the female contestants kept making these ear-splitting shrieks throughout the promo. Is this a thing, or were they just excited that Bob will be the new host?