Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Hayes Grier: 8 Seconds To Change The World

• Start Topic

HAYES GRIER At just 15 years old, Hayes Grier is a rising star in the social media world, with more 3.5 million followers on Vine and more than 2 million Twitter follows. The North Carolina teen shot to fame with his personal videos and is currently on a live tour across the United States. PRO DANCE PARTNER: EMMA SLATER

hayes-grier-435.jpg

Nothing against this young man, but this is what TPTB are considering a star these days?  I thought Bethany Mota was bad enough, but I don't even care to know what a vine is unless it is got fruits or vegetables on it.

• Love 6

Nothing against this young man, but this is what TPTB are considering a star these days? I thought Bethany Mota was bad enough, but I don't even care to know what a vine is unless it is got fruits or vegetables on it.

A Vine, in this case, is an 8-second, I think, video clip posted to the Internet through the Vine site (similar to the really short videos--but I think with slightly longer time limits--posted to Instagram & Twitter, & maybe also Facebook).

I sincerely hope he's gone first.

I hate that he's with Emma because I don't want HER to go early. :(  I'm actually going to be really pissed if Allison gets another ringer-y type over Emma.

• Love 2

Ummmm, Who?

He's apparently another "Social Media Star", like Bethany Mota from a previous season. Only he's a "star" through Vine (the app/site where people post 8-second video clips of whatever), not YouTube like Bethany.

I seriously can't believe Disney/ABC would be affiliating themselves with this guy and his brother Nash. These guys do have their own 'success' story, I suppose (they landed in the right place at the right time on a new 'media channel' whose use has skyrocketed among tween girls who probably shouldn't have smartphones), but their true personalities seem pretty rotten. Girls think they're cute and pay massive amounts of money to meet them (see: the MagCon tour), but turn a blind eye to their vile actions and words (Nash Grier has a particularly bad history). I hate myself for knowing as much as I do about these guys, but I also seriously hope Hayes is voted off first.

Edited by dolewhip
  • Love 1

Hayes is cute enough, but I'm getting tired of his "Who's that?" "What's that?" in reference to anything or anybody earlier than 2014. It really irked me that he didn't know Grease or Olivia Newton-John. At his age, I didn't sit around listening to music from my mom's generation for hours, but I'd heard of the major stars.

• Love 1

My kids don't know what a Grease is either, but if they were on this show doing that dance, I would have them watch it. Is he that clueless or is it the producers' idea of being cute? Whatever, his schtick is wearing thin and he needs to go.