Type keyword(s) to search

The L Word - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I loved when Jenny stalked the GF of the critic who didn't like her book. That dog story was all kinds of awful & I laughed in shock. She became like a supervillain!!

Jenny made the show for me, hands down. :-)

Cartoon levels of villainy! But, I enjoyed every bit of it! Especially, when she called the critic with that ridiculous fake accent and set her up for embarrassment. Although, I think she did go far darker than I liked during the final season. Driven by her obsession with Shane. 

Oh, and it totally sucked that Dana was killed off. But, it did sort of give us Tasha. And, she was alright, I guess. I wanted Carmen to come back, and NO that cameo in Bette and Tina's going away video doesn't count.

Remember when Alice found that kinky sex vampire lady?

I vaguely remember that. The one thing that I do remember, somewhat is Alice showing off her bite mark like a badge of honor. Other than that, my mind is drawing a blank on how that plot line played out. 

I would've liked a showtime movie because the season finale was ridiculous. The mystery of who killed Jenny, never being solved, and on top of that ending with a shot of them walking to (or is it from) the police station. 

• Love 1

I also wish they would have had a wrap up movie. I think the idea though was to address it in the Alice spinoff.

There was going to be an Alice spinoff?! What happened to that? I never heard about it. Although, she wasn't my favorite cast member. I was throughly entrenched in the Shane camp. I would've still watched Alice spun off into her own series. Instead we got 'The Real L Word' and 'L Word Mississippi: Hate the Sin'. 

Edited by jonesingjay

I loved the chemistry between Shane and Paige. I thought they were really hot and played off each other well. They really seemed to enjoy each other. 

I was so disappointed to find out Kristanna Loken didn't get along with some of the cast. Always wondered who she didn't get along with. Was it Kate?

I can't even remember WHO Shane cheated on Paige with and I really need to watch this series again! 

I liked the plot line with her brother. Something that Kate suggested to give her character more dimensions aside from 'Lesbian Lothario'. Shane's screwed up relationship with Jenny is something I initially enjoyed and then it went off the rails but it was a hell of a ride!

I was never a Tibetter (or whatever the fans of that pairing called themselves). 

Almost done with my binge rewatch.  There are three moments that always stand out to me:

1. Really early on, when the gang goes to the country club to discover the "intent and persuasion of one Miss Lara Perkins".

2. The 17 Reasons Why sculpture.

3. Right before the Lez Girls cast party gets interrupted by Dawn DEnbo (and her lover Cindy) when they're all singing The JAckson 5's "I Want You Back".

• Love 1

Shane cheated on Paige with the woman showing the apartment or house she and Paige were going to sign a lease on. Paige went to pick up her son and when they came back, Shane was on the floor of one of the bedrooms having sex. Paige took her son and walked out.

• Love 1

Couldn't sleep and caught 2 episodes of this last night. Two things struck me. 1) We have come so far regarding LGBT rights in 6 years. Don't ask don't tell. Getting fired from the pretend View for reading that letter and people holding out for legal marriage. Wow! 2) I forgot how much I truly, truly hated Jenny. I mean my subconscious must funnel my negative emotions for others and direct it at that character. Hate her.

• Love 3

So I'm only on S2, which I guess is before evil Jenny. But I gotta say, I'm actually looking forward to it. Wide eyed, vague, breathless Jenny is absolutely insufferable! Is there a version of Jenny that isn't the worst?

• Love 4

Season Two carnival-flashbacking/stripteasing Jenny was the worst. I kind of liked the S5 Jenny; she was still annoying, but pretty funny anyway. Overall, basically an annoying character and S2 was a weak season.

Season Two carnival-flashbacking/stripteasing Jenny was the worst. I kind of liked the S5 Jenny; she was still annoying, but pretty funny anyway. Overall, basically an annoying character and S2 was a weak season.

Yeah, so far everyone is kind of annoying in S2. Except Shane. I still like Shane.

• Love 1

Did anyone notice LH tweet a couple of days ago about going to her chiropractor and he sorted her back out and she said 'I love him'?

and an hour or so later JB tweeted a pic of her on holiday? I think in Maui, Hawaii. 

Hi Akisha!

I'm just watching over again the whole series as I love it. 

I also follow  JB and LH on ther twitter accounts. Most times they are quiet and then suddenly they each tweet on the same day within minutes or hours of each other! 

(edited)

I'm up for a reboot as long as they leave Marlee Matling out. She and Beals had ZERO chemistry. Laurel tweeted she was supposed to be there, but had to remain in London two extra days. Says she's up for it.

Realistically, what the hell could they cover in a reboot. And have someone else do the writing. Ilene's hair looks awful. 

Edited by SMama
On 3/29/2018 at 10:12 PM, auntiemel said:

I'm praying the reboot takes a page from the Roseanne reboot playbook and just acts like the last season was a book Jenny was writing. Or the script to the sequel of Lez Girls.

Me too. The only good thing in the last season was the progression of the Bette/Tina relationship (not the baby stuff), IMO. Everything else can go up in flames. 

Any word on timing? I've looked, but really can't find anything.

• Love 3

Between The L Word and Desus & Mero, I might have to subscribe to Showtime again.

I'm looking forward to the new episodes, but I'm kind of dreading that they'll update the show to appeal to the tumblr and Twitter set.  I don't want to think about that too much.

ETA:  Oh, Sarah Shahi is coming back, too.  Just have this sequel primarily focus on the original women with a younger, more diverse group as supporting characters.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 1

I re-watched the pilot episode & I loved the dialogue part but not Jenny character at all. I feel like every time she’s in the scene... I don’t know what she is... 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I wonder if there’s Jenny fans out there in this universe? 

Meanwhile... got 6 seasons worth of episodes  to re-watch but admittedly I didn’t watch the final season yet... no better time than now to finish it before the upcoming series. 

I have some thoughts about the show but until then... 😉