Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Cashmere Burka

Yeah, I thought this was a fairly aimless episode, but still an enjoyable way to spend half an hour.

The Marlon Brando guy's "Maggie!" take on "Stella!" was lame, but somehow really funny.

And I adore Mark.

Emma and Bread Man/Rabbi Dan are pretty cute together; I'm not sure hitting the sheets after a couple of hours knowing each other was a good idea, but I'd like to see him hang around a while.

The backless reveal got my biggest laugh. Surprise male backlessness is everything.

Yeah, that backless part was the worst but funniest one. Poor Mark.

I actually thought he looked good in the turtleneck.

For a second I forgot that Gwen was Emma's mom. I was thinking she was Maggie's mom when we first see them talking on the couch.  She looks more like Maggie than Emma!   You know who I think would have made a great mom for Maggie?  Sharon Gless.  They kind of look alike don't you think?  *crickets*

I really like Emma and the Rabbi... I was a little worried when he acted like he didn't know her, as he'd just been talking to two women, so I was glad he didn't have ulterior motives with his "let's keep things quiet" request.

Loved Mark in all those tops, ha! So simple, so funny.

• Love 3

I loved both bits of comedy via clothing. Gwen's scarfs of increasing craziness were great but Mark's necklines were gold. And that was totally in character too. Of course Birdbones is the type of woman who would get it into her head that her partner would need to experiment with some small element of his wardrobe and would proceed to put him in a series of increasingly strange tops.

Edited to add:  Was Charlotte in this episode?  I don't remember seeing her.  Guess she was with the dunkels.

Edited by lefawn
  • Love 3

I was rewatching season 1 because my boyfriend hadn't seen it and during the episode Drumline, when Mark catches them skinny dipping it's at the JCC and he tells Emma if she doesn't get out of the pool he is going to have to call Rabbi Dan!

• Love 6

Until reading this, I had completely missed the adding of pashminas to signify the increasing crazy in Gwen. That's brilliant. I guess I was too distracted by Mark's neckline to notice Gwen's. (P.S. I am suuuuper ashamed to admit that I thought he looked kind of hot in the super deep V. Not that it's an acceptable amount of V or anything. He just looked good in it).