Type keyword(s) to search

Game Over, Charles: Summer Finale Liveblog Thread

Wasn't Bethany supposed to be the same age as Alison?

ok this makes no sense. Charles was supposedly in his early 20s when Marion Cavanaugh died!!!

Numbers are only a theory on PLL.

Edited by jjjmoss
  • Love 1

I hate everything about what just happened on this show right now. I really do. I don't like that they made it an evil transgender storyline, because at the end of it, that's what this has become. The things Cece did to the liars were evil. This is just bad PLL. Really bad. I feel like I can't even form coherent thoughts on this episode.

Um, no really, guys, I'm seriously trying to handle this crap I'm watching. Like, what am I watching? I know I was pretty upset when Ezra turned out to be writing a book but.. wow. This might be the worst thing to ever come out of this show, EVER! How did everyone on this show keep praising how good this was? Its not good at all.

• Love 4

Sadly, I did. At least, it was a theory that floated around. But I think one of the most ridiculous thing is that Radley allowed Cece to go through an apparently really quick transition at seventeen. Radley sucks. 

....Mona killed Bethany. Wow. Ok then? 

Wait I'm confused.

So is it that: Cece smacked Bethany on the head, Jessica buried Bethany alive, then Bethany came out and Mona came around and killed her? 

Or wait, Cece smacked Ali on the head and Ali was buried alive before Grunwald pulled her out, and Mona killed Bethany?

Edited by jjjmoss

You know what's making me angriest? The A reveal was supposed to be FUN. We all wanted to see things from A's perspective, to find out how they pulled all this stuff off. I feel like we wanted another Mona, a villain we could love to hate. Now it feels like... if we don't all forgive A for all of the horrible and dangerous things she did to the girls (and she did A LOT of horrible and dangerous things), we're transphobic or something. This is some manipulative bullshit.

I'm just so pissed off that they did an evil transgender storyline. Like I said before, there aren't enough sympathetic trans characters on TV yet for them to be giving us portrayals like this. Media MATTERS, and a "crazy" trans character is a bad thing!

• Love 8

You guys I am really dumbstruck. I feel like this storyline is stupid and nothing makes sense in it, despite what the PTB were saying. I also feel like it's super offensive to those in the transgender community. ETA: Cranberry, you are right on! Nothing about this reveal is fun at all and it is manipulative.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

Wait I'm confused.

So is it that: Cece smacked Bethany on the head, Jessica buried Bethany alive, then Bethany came out and Mona came around and killed her? 

Or wait, Cece smacked Ali on the head and Ali was buried alive before Grunwald pulled her out, and Mona killed Bethany?

Cece hit Ali (thinking she was Bethany), Jessica buried her, then later Mona hit Bethany (thinking she was Ali).

Now it feels like... if we don't all forgive A for all of the horrible and dangerous things she did to the girls (and she did A LOT of horrible and dangerous things), we're transphobic or something. This is some manipulative bullshit.

I'm just so pissed off that they did an evil transgender storyline. Like I said before, there aren't enough sympathetic trans characters on TV yet for them to be giving us portrayals like this. Media MATTERS, and a "crazy" trans character is a bad thing!

Reminds me of Nicki Minaj claiming Racism with her whole media meltdown over the VMAs.

Wait I'm confused.

Cece hit Ali, Mrs. D buried her. At some point the G came and pulled Ali out of the graves. Then Mona hit Bethany, mistaking her for Alison and Melissa (also thinking that it was Ali and that Spencer was the one who killed her) buried Bethany in the same hole that had been dug for Alison.

This is beyond bad you guys. I can't even imagine how the fandom is reacting to this right now.

It makes zero sense and it's freakin offensive and seriously Ali just ask Cece how she got boobs.

Tumblr's not happy either.

Marlene really screwed up, here. Not only is she angering the entire PLL community, she's gonna get the LGBT community pissed off too. This is gonna be worse than the How I Met Your Mother series finale! 

• Love 1

I am just like...numb. Finally, getting all these answers that should feel so satisfying, but I can't enjoy it because I'm so fucking pissed they did this. I would have been happy with ANYONE. It could be Pepe The Dog for all I cared, just not this. The entire queer PLLiverse is going to explode into a million pieces.

• Love 1

I think the show might not be able to come back from this. Its really offensive to the transgender community. No matter which way you slice it, Cece comes off REALLY evil. 

"No way,shes lying!" Um, Emily, Sarah locked you in that room half an hour ago!

• Love 1

Without the trans thing, this would be fun, because CeCe right now is just on the knife edge of crazy and she really is selling all of this "I love all my dolls" stuff. I just... I can't get past this. This is so stupid.

• Love 5

I think the show might not be able to come back from this. Its really offensive to the transgender community. No matter which way you slice it, Cece comes off REALLY evil. 

"No way,shes lying!" Um, Emily, Sarah locked you in that room half an hour ago!

Evil from being crazy. Which...is even worse.

I think Nicki M does have a point in that racism is prevelant in the music industry but that's another thread for another time.

I don't mind thT the trans character is evil - I just think it's poorly executed.

I'm still trying to figure out why I should feel sorry for her? Because she was a boy? Is that what Marlene is trying to tell us? That transcended bullying made Charles/Cece insane?

I miss Jenna.

Edited by Watt
  • Love 4

Red Coat was supposed to be someone who's interacted with all the girls.

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS SARAH HARVEY'S MOTIVE?

I'm still hoping this is a bad joke. Like they shot multiple options and someone snuck in the wrong version...

• Love 1

I think Nicki M does have a point in that racism is prevelant in the music industry but that's another thread for another time.

I don't mind thT the trans character is evil - I just think it's poorly executed.

Which has nothing to do with what actually happened, just like it's true that trans people have a lot of problems facing them in society, but that doesn't mean everything Cece did is fine as a result. Manipulative bullshit indeed.

I'm still trying to figure out why I should feel sorry for her? Because she was a boy? Is that what Marlene is trying to tell us? That transcended bullying made Charles/Cece insane?

I miss Jenna.

I think so. You have to feel bad because she's transgender.  But she is crazy. The things she is saying are messed up, "I wouldn't really hurt them.. only a little, enough for a hospital stay" Its.. this is really bad. I wish she were just misunderstood, but no she is crazy. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl