Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E16: Episode 16

• Start Topic

Everyone, as a reminder, we need to be be more careful in the episode threads not to mention live feed spoilers. I know it may not seem like a huge deal to some of you. You may even feel like you're doing non-feed watchers a favor by clueing them in about the editing. However, a lot of folks want to watch the broadcast episodes and ONLY the broadcast episodes. I received six (!) reports today about posts alluding to and/or directly referencing the live feed and, well, that's a very real problem for me because I only have so much time on my hands to monitor things and edit posts.

Thanks for understanding!

What was that booth that Steve went into anyways when the camera started macking on him? It looked like a TV or computer of some sort.

Photobooth, wasn't it? It's been a perennial fixture of the show for the past few seasons, but I don't think it's "open" (functional) yet.

Actually... when the camera first started tracking back and forth between Steve and the booth, my first thought was the booth had opened earlier than usual this season and the camera operator was trying to entice Steve into trying it out. But it looked like the touchscreen in the booth was still off/dead.

The booth's been physically open since Week 1; in episode 17.05 you can see Jace campaigning to Steve while one of them (I forget which) is in it.  When it becomes functional, I don't have a clue.

The booth's been physically open since Week 1; in episode 17.05 you can see Jace campaigning to Steve while one of them (I forget which) is in it.  When it becomes functional, I don't have a clue.

Yeah, my choice of words was bad. When I was saying "open" I was thinking "open for business", not simple physical accessibility.

I was thinking of requesting a board where we could discuss the feeds without spoilers. Is that even possible? Might that be something you feed watchers would participate in?

Everyone, as a reminder, we need to be be more careful in the episode threads not to mention live feed spoilers. I know it may not seem like a huge deal to some of you. You may even feel like you're doing non-feed watchers a favor by clueing them in about the editing. However, a lot of folks want to watch the broadcast episodes and ONLY the broadcast episodes. I received six (!) reports today about posts alluding to and/or directly referencing the live feed and, well, that's a very real problem for me because I only have so much time on my hands to monitor things and edit posts.

Thanks for understanding!

Would it be possible to have a running no-spoilers feeds-versus-episodes thread? After an episode airs, people can talk about how what we saw on the feeds differed from what we see on the episode, or how the DRs added to it, etc.? Non-feed watchers could learn more details about conversations or relationships, etc. We still wouldn't talk about comps or things that happened *after* the events shown in the episode, but it would be fun to have a place to talk about how "that conversation actually lasted 3 hours" or "they were actually really pissed about who got picked" or whatever, and my understanding is that the editing thread isn't quite the right space for that.

• Love 2

Otherwise, just a shallow note that Vanessa looked fabu for the Outback dinner and as far as "dressing to the nines," the three women made the men look like total losers.  You didn't bring a crisp white shirt to go with that fucking top hat, Austin?

What laughingly passes for men's fashion right now is basically a hot mess -- except maybe for red carpet events, pick just about any picture of a Hollywood couple and you'll see the woman nicely dressed and coiffed and the man looking (intentionally, no doubt) like he doesn't care about his appearance.  Here's an example:

married%2Bhollywood%2Bcouples-3.jpg

What laughingly passes for men's fashion right now is basically a hot mess -- except maybe for red carpet events, pick just about any picture of a Hollywood couple and you'll see the woman nicely dressed and coiffed and the man looking (intentionally, no doubt) like he doesn't care about his appearance.  Here's an example:

married%2Bhollywood%2Bcouples-3.jpg

And, wow, that photo does a terrific job of illustrating your point!  Hard to believe Will and Jada have the same destination.

But I thought it was both a little bit sweet and odd that James was musing over whether his plus-one, Cliff, would go for the necktie or more of a "one button undone" look.  Then of course Cliff pitted out in a t-shirt and James was the only one who even took a modest stab at formality, which he neutralized with his silly visor.

Austin clearly puts some thought into his appearance--blood red nail polish, multiple bracelets, beard pony, etc.  And you KNOW he thinks his signature look--nako under his jacket/hoodie but for pecs and ink--is smokin'.  Bwahahaha 

He's a giant guy who loves to be dramatic, so I was disappointed he punted at Outback.

• Love 1

There is no context in which Steve's rant against Becky would seem rational. You would think she killed his favorite pet.
It's official - I don't like the twins, particularly Liz. As a twin myself, I wanted to root for them.
Does anyone else think that Clay is slightly flamboyant? Maybe it's because he's often so into his feelings. Am I supposed to believe he's straight because he played football?

And, wow, that photo does a terrific job of illustrating your point!  Hard to believe Will and Jada have the same destination.

Why? All of his clothes and shoes are in good, clean, condition. Styles change; a hundred years ago a tux was considered informal.

I don't have my Veto history in front of me, but the "roll the ball back and forth" seems tailor-made for a theoretically aesthetically pleasing, though not intellectually stimulating white guy in danger. Or, y'know, Johnny Mac, the Veto Court Jester. Am I remembering wrong or do women typically not win those comps? Not that I'm surprised, but...still.

(edited)

Me neither, but yes, longer arm reach, longer stride—I can't think of any specific examples, but I remember discussion about how it favors a large, athletic male who is used to ball-handling* whenever they've used the comp before. BB, of course, will say that they plan what comps to use when long in advance, and that never changes.

Please do not hurt yourself when your eyes roll.

*Sorry, I could not resist.

Also I feel like Meg should know when I was outside Yankee Stadium a few years ago a squirrel was running around a tree and another time in Battery Park squirrels were all over the benches.

While I have not covered every inch of NYC, the only places I can think where you'd be hard put to find trees are the Staten Island Ferry and the subway system. So either Meg is a hobo or she doesn't realize that squirrels and rats, while related, are separate species.

Was just thinking, with all the people he's told that he's "fallen in love with Liz" not a single person including Liz has taken him aside and given him a polite "dude, she's just not that into you" for his own sake. That kinda sucks.

That seems as if the best result for any houseguest attempting that would be a huge waste of time and breath. The worst case would be a vendetta on Austin's part. While that would be fun to watch, I wouldn't risk it if I were in the house, and especially not if I were Liz. Look at what happened to Amber last season when she tried to let Caleb down gently.

Has Vanessa been caking on the makeup this heavily all season? I read that she's been crying about her acne, so I guess she's trying to camouflage it. It ages her at least fifteen years.

No, her foundation has been getting pinker and pinker over the past few episodes as she's tried to cover up the acne, and it's the absolute wrong color for her to be putting on her skin.

I can't help it, I find Steve adorkable and I liked the camera clip. Yes he's strange and I feel a bit sorry for him because he seems to be all alone in there but I want to give him a big hug. He seems so joyful every time he gets into the DR to vote and say Hi to Julie.

So do I! I found his DR after Becky's fall very funny. I was expecting him to say something along the lines of, "I felt so sorry for Becky even though she's an enemy," so when he was jubilant at her fall I had to laugh. For me it was a refreshing moment of honesty (but probably encouraged and coached by production). Production must like him though, judging from that DR and the camera clip, which I also loved.

This is my first season watching and I am beyond bewildered at the "game" of some of these morons.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Watching Big Brother, ladyrott! This is how the show gets you. Edited by Kris117

That seems as if the best result for any houseguest attempting that would be a huge waste of time and breath. The worst case would be a vendetta on Austin's part. While that would be fun to watch, I wouldn't risk it if I were in the house, and especially not if I were Liz. Look at what happened to Amber last season when she tried to let Caleb down gently.

Oh my, I had somehow forgotten about Caleb the Stalker. But he was even more clueless than the big oaf as Amber gave Caleb ZERO signs and he saw her as the love of his life... Liz is at least giving Austin reason to believe she likes him and is doing it purposely.

BB, of course, will say that they plan what comps to use when long in advance, and that never changes.

In the general sense, they could be telling the truth, but, as they say, the devil is in the details. Make the ball large enough and you're going to make if more difficult for anyone with small hands. Make the surface wider and longer and you're favoring somebody with a long reach. Somebody without toned arms is going to have trouble with a steep slope. Every comp has elements that can be tweaked at the last minute.

• Love 1

While I have not covered every inch of NYC, the only places I can think where you'd be hard put to find trees are the Staten Island Ferry and the subway system. So either Meg is a hobo or she doesn't realize that squirrels and rats, while related, are separate species.

Maybe she never gets out of Manhattan? :)

So do I! I found his DR after Becky's fall very funny. I was expecting him to say something along the lines of, "I felt so sorry for Becky even though she's an enemy," so when he was jubilant at her fall I had to laugh. For me it was a refreshing moment of honesty (but probably encouraged and coached by production). Production must like him though, judging from that DR and the camera clip, which I also loved.

On the plus side, it's the most emotion Steve's shown on the broadcast show to date.  ;>

Oh my, I had somehow forgotten about Caleb the Stalker. But he was even more clueless than the big oaf as Amber gave Caleb ZERO signs and he saw her as the love of his life... Liz is at least giving Austin reason to believe she likes him and is doing it purposely.

Which, if you think the stal... er... person in question might make it to Jury, is pretty dern smart.

Maybe she never gets out of Manhattan? :)

But Manhattan has trees and parks aplenty, and squirrels to cavort in them. She was talking about squirrels as if they were rarely spotted in Manhattan. What an airhead.