Type keyword(s) to search

POLL BiP2: Contestants We Are Glad to See

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vote for your favorite.  No specific criteria.  It could be someone you just liked, someone you think is pretty to look at, or someone you totally expect to go bat-shit crazy and make the whole season. Your choice.

For the first two questions I've used the list of contestants officially released by ABC.  If the pattern from last year holds, there may also be other contestants joining as the season goes along, so question 3 is about who you'd like to see if that happens.

My dream pairing super couples:

• Sensitive healer Tony with crazy pomegranate Ashley would just be incredible--no one knows what either one of them is ever talking about, but I bet they would "get" each other on a spiritual level.
  • Chris Bukowski working his way through the hoochie super villians like Courtney and Vienna and sparkly Tierra, and then bring on the entire casts of Rock of Love and Flavor of Love.
  • Kalon and Erica Rose would also be awesome to laugh at the way they both think they're so much classier than everyone else, even though Erica's tiarra is always askew with mascara running down her face.
  • Love 4

How about least glad to see? I don't dislike them, but Jillian brings nothing to the table and Juelia [sic] has to be the least relevant BiP cast member yet. Does the show think viewers value recency above all else?

• Love 3

I think the show believes most viewers have the attention span of a gnat, so the more recent the contestant, the more likely they'll still have a social media following.  And that's what the show obviously thinks is extremely important.  Forget about looks & personality, it's all about followers.  

If RS is to be believed, the people who end up on this show are generally just . . . whoever agrees to appear.  They start with the higher profile people and work their way down.  So when they're getting people who were on for two episode who you couldn't pick out of a lineup (*cough*Dan*cough*) that's a sign they had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for contestants.

Also, who knew Tanner would be so popular?  Someone will have to enlighten me.

(edited)

Also, who knew Tanner would be so popular? Someone will have to enlighten me.

Heh, I'm surprised too, as he was featured little during the season. But for me, what I liked about him is he is one of those guys that had RATIONAL responses to things. He wasn't happy with Nick coming on late in the game initially but still gave him a chance later on and got along with him (unlike Shawn & Joshua). Nick even wrote on Twitter that Tanner is his favorite guy on the show. Tanner also openly made fun ["but all we ever did was date in groups; she made me dress up and jump through hoops; how I'm still here, nobody knows; hell I'm even surprised I got a rose] of the fact that he's surprised he's still on the show during the fake Irish wake group date. He also did not fake any connection to Kaitlyn when he had none (unlike Joe, JJ, Chris Cupcake). On these type of shows, it's so hard to find someone who has natural response to events. But who knows, he might show his ass once he has more screen time. ;-) Edited by waving feather
  • Love 7

^ That's exactly why I voted for Tanner. He was background snarky but never in a mean-spirited way. He seemed like a genuinely easy-going guy--wasn't forcing a "connection" or causing drama. But he had a way of saying things like he knew how the show worked, so I see him as like a color-commentary analyst on the inside. He might not get embroiled in too much drama himself, but he'll probably have some clever things to say about the people who do. And, frankly, none of the other choices are exciting. He was my favorite out of the choices from this season. Kirk was okay, but he was already on Bachelor Pad (wasn't he?) so the novelty wore off that one. Dan who??? As for Mikey, I hope he gets to take a tall bachelorette on a boat date--but that's a one-note laugh. Tanner it is!

• Love 6

Everybody pretty well summed up the same reasons I voted for Tanner. He was funny without being obnoxious or rude, self-deprecating but not TOO self-deprecating (especially when he said something about not even knowing himself why he was still there), and on a purely shallow level I thought he was one of the best looking guys there too. I liked him again tonight on The Men Tell All, too.

All of the above might also be the same reasons I kinda don't want to see him too much - I'm always afraid once they show too much of these people I won't like them anymore.

• Love 1

? As for Mikey, I hope he gets to take a tall bachelorette on a boat date

This would make me so happy. And if the woman implies she's rich then I'll be even happier. Maybe Mikey can bust out a rap about a how a hot, tall, moneyed babe on a boat is his version of paradise & he'll win her heart, or at least her rose for a week.

I see my vote for Tenley is still all by its lonesome. Well I don't care, I love her and she is reason #1 for me to watch BiP.

For the men I voted for JJ, but only because he is the only one I have no problem identifying.

As for who I want to see show up, I voted for Britt. I have seen enough of everyone else on that list, and it would also mean that her "romance" with that dude whose name I can't remember clearly would have failed if she shows up. It will fail anyway, but her showing up on BiP would really drive it home.

As far as which contestant not listed on  the show I hope eventually shows up:  I choose other--I hope it's Brooks from Desiree's season!  I think he is so handsome.

Potential speculative spoiler based on non-speculative information:

I'm pretty sure he's not going to be on.  He's been one of the hosts of the Afterbuzz TV Bachelorette Podcast this season and has been talking about the promos for Bachelor in Paradise.  Not sure if he's hosting the Afterbuzz podcast for that show too, but just didn't seem like he was a part of it from the way he was talking about the promos.  But I could be wrong.

Sensitive healer Tony with crazy pomegranate Ashley would just be incredible--no one knows what either one of them is ever talking about, but I bet they would "get" each other on a spiritual level.

My husband and I were discussing this potential pairing, too.