Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Based on the timing of her Build event, is she doing upfronts?  Or perhaps she came to NYC to hang out with her friends who are doing upfronts.

Since her event isn't until Monday, it's tough to say when she's coming in.

Edited by apinknightmare
Just now, apinknightmare said:

Since her event isn't until Monday, it's tough to say when she's coming in.

Well she is definetely on the east coast and was apparently dropped off in the wrong state according to her insta story. It seems to be about the flight that was supposed to land in JFK but landed in Philladelphia.

6 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well she is definetely on the east coast and was apparently dropped off in the wrong state according to her insta story. It seems to be about the flight that was supposed to land in JFK but landed in Philladelphia.

Good to know - I don't follow her on any social media.

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I want to know who is dogsitting Ophie when she's away. I assumed she was back with Ophie today based on her Instagram.

EBR posted a pic on Instagram a couple weeks ago saying that Ophie was going on a dog vacation, so I’m guessing she found a long term place for her to stay. 

"If Oliver had a wine, what would it be called?"

"Morose Cabernet."

LOL. Also, if you took a drink for every Emily name drop during this chat, you'd be drunk, or at least tipsy. ?

• Love 1
(edited)

Full video of SA panel at HVFF-Nashville on May 12 (warning: includes some spoilery hints)...

HVFF Nashville 2018 STEPHEN AMELL full panel
Published on May 15, 2018, by viajantesim

-- On what was his fave moment leading up to the end of this season, SA: "Well, I think that the last scene in the finale, which I'm about to describe in great detail, was probably - um my favorite moment this season... Maybe the crossover? ... Just that whole experience and getting to work with some people that I hadn't worked with before, and getting to play a villain. And just - and also the experience of people getting to watch that, because I think that was the full expression of what our shows could be and, um, the [unintelligible word] of the universe. And, you know - Oliver and Felicity get to get married, and all that fun stuff. It's good."

-- If he could design a villain for the upcoming season, SA said that "if Oliver was ever able to fight a sibling, that would be amazing."

-- Fan asked if his family ever got upset because he isn't always a "nice person" on the show. Cassandra answered that she doesn't because she's also an actor. SA said that even his daughter knows that it's not real.

-- When asked if they ever saw their daughter making a cameo appearance on the show, SA said "no."

-- SA: "My favorite color is Elsa blue."

-- On his fave prank that's been pulled on or by the Supernatural guys, SA said that he loves when Jared and Jensen make fun of him, because he hoped that it meant that they liked him, adding that "their admiration and love is so important to me." He said that people might think it would be Tom Welling that he would look to, but he only met Tom recently. He also said it was director David Nutter (who directed the Arrow pilot and the Supernatural pilot) that recommended Jared and Jensen as an example of who he should look to if he wanted to know "how to treat the crew and how to treat the fans and just how to go about the business."

-- Fan asked SA to sing 'Happy Birthday' to her mother, which he did.

-- Fan asked if he wanted any more children. SA: "Wow. That just went to level 11." Cassandra said that was a personal question and added that they were "very happy" with the way things are right now. SA added that he didn't think their family was done.

-- On how William has changed Oliver, SA said that William certainly made Oliver "more compassionate," and hopefully "more conscientious and a little less reckless." SA added: "The funny thing this year with Jack, who plays William, is that I'll go two weeks without seeing him and he'll come back, and he's an inch taller. By the finale, he's taller than Emily... The introduction of William and that dynamic, I think, has been really important. And [it's] just important to be able to add layers to a character and different dimensions, and add different things that he finds important - or she finds important - because, you know, it's not easy to create six seasons of television and keep people interested. So, I think he's made him more considerate, conscientious, and a little less reckless."

-- On how he preps for work, SA said that the best prep he can do is to have "eight solid hours of sleep."

-- SA said that he's not allowed to ride the motorcycle on the show and that he's never actually ridden a motorcycle in his entire life, although he's ridden a scooter in real life.

-- On if he could play any hero or villain in the DCEU, SA said "the Riddler."

-- When asked what was his favorite Olicity scene in the entire series of Arrow, SA: "I think that, in general, I liked in Season 2 this sort of 'will they, won't they' moments. That's always fun. I mean, you can't recreate that. That can only happen one time. I really enjoyed the scene in Season 5 where Oliver goes to her to ask her not to go out into the field. And, you know, she says 'no,' and he says, 'well, then I'm gonna have to stop you,' and then she says, 'fine, try.' I thought that that was a cool scene. And then, this is always, um, sort of a cheeky thing to say, but

we have a really beautiful scene in the finale. And it meant a lot to me because Emily came up to me afterwards and said that, um, you know, if there was no other scene throughout Season 6, that scene would've made it worth it for her. So that meant a lot to me because clearly it meant a lot to her. So I think people will enjoy that scene, even if it's a little sad."

-- Fan asked, if he was ever jumped, would he be able to fight them off Arrow-style. SA said no. There was also some talk of the Supernatural guys. SA said that Jared was "freakishly strong." He then added that he wouldn't be able to fight off the Supernatural guys, but he could "certainly outsmart them."

-- SA said that on Wednesday they're going to see Frozen on Broadway, in which CD's wife is starring. He also said that his daughter's fave thing to do is to walk up to people and tell them that her father is the Green Arrow.

-- When asked how he has changed over the past six years playing Oliver, SA: "How long do we have? ... I'm fundamentally different. I'm older, that's for sure." He said that he now has a wife and child, whereas before he only had to be responsible for himself. He now also feels more responsible for his actions because they affect the crew as well. So he hopes that he's more conscientious now.

-- On his fave villain, SA: "I'm always partial - I'm very partial to Josh's portrayal of Adrian Chase. I think that was a very personal thing... Much like in the way that David Ramsey created Diggle, Josh created Prometheus. You know, a lot of that stuff he had to arc out for himself. And I thought that he brought the best out of me, um, and hopefully I brought the best out of him. But I just thought that the way that story line wrapped up, uh, I thought that made it the best."

-- Fan asked who was his fave co-star, but SA didn't answer that question.

-- SA then talked about what he might be doing if he wasn't acting and how he got into acting.

-- Fan (who said she had a stroke a year ago and watched Arrow to help her through while recovering) requested a hug and got one from SA.

-- SA: "I'm going to be in New York on Thursday.for The CW upfronts. And I get to make a really fun announcement. And The CW is so freaked out that I"m gonna spoil it at some point during this panel."

-- On whether it was hard or strange to play Oliver's evil doppelganger, SA said that he loved the opportunity to play the villain and to craft that character. 

-- Fan asked SA to give a shout-out to her father, who's a service man in the military. She then asked him for his fave scene out of all the seasons. SA said that it was "probably the first scene that they ever shot," on the first day of production, "when Oliver is being interrogated by those three guys and then all of a sudden he "flips the switch and does terrible things to all three of them." He then saw notes from the studio that said, "yes, this is awesome." He then knew that they "were on the right track."

-- Per SA, Glen Winter "may come back this year to direct."

-- On whether they were going to do a musical episode like The Flash did, SA: ""It does keep coming up... I mean, hopefully we can see Oliver sing at some point before it's all said and done. But it'd probably be in a bar by himself, in front of a piano that he can't even play.... Um, no. I quite admire the ability for Grant and Melissa to be so musically inclined, but I don't think either of them can do the salmon ladder, so I'll stick with my talents." 

-- SA: "My favorite season is always going to be Season 1. This is not a commentary on quality or story. This is a commentary on - it feels like the biggest accomplishment. Right? Because we go into that season not guaranteed to have a full season. And by the time I got to Episode 5 in that season, I had worked more on Arrow than I had ever worked on anything in my entire life. So to be able to get through it - uh, the moment I got through it, Cass and I went on vacation and, within 24 hours, I was really, really sick. My body shut down. She was pregnant and tired. We were a dream couple... So Season 1." 

-- Fan asked if his abs were real, and Cassandra confirmed that they were.

-- On which superpower he would like Oliver to have, SA: "Patience? (Everyone laughed) I'm always going to be incredibly partial to flying. Flying is the one that I've always wanted. (Cassandra interjected, "There's got to be an arrow that turns into a cape or something.") Sure...

Um, I actually - I think there may be a way for Oliver to have a superpower this year. As The CW gets more and more and more nervous. (Cassandra interjected, "Stay tuned.") Nervous, nervous, nervous."

-- On wanting to work on Spartacus, SA said that he auditioned for Spartacus when they wanted to replace Andy. He also said that somewhere there's a photo of him in the Spartacus outfit and that he keeps asking his manager for it, but he can't find it. He said that he loves working with Spartacus actors like MB and KL.

-- SA described having a panic attack once while doing "combat sports."

-- Fan: "Has your wife ever been mad that Felicity is your wife on stage?" Cassandra: "No. I'm a huge fan of Emily. I couldn't like her more. And, um, I think - as I mentioned earlier in the panel, coming from the industry as well, I know that it's pretend and it's fun. And, um, in my opinion, it's not as romantic when I'm on set because you're thinking about your angles and the camera and all that, and I like to see Oliver have a fun storyline, so I'm into it." SA: "Fact, Cass is better at it than I am. Because we were on the plane here last night and she's scrolling through the movies, and I'm like, you're not actually going to watch a Josh Duhamel movie, are you? That's not allowed when I'm sitting right next to you. You can watch those with your friends when I'm not home. You're not watching Life As We Know It on our flight to Nashville, Tennessee. So you do a much better job of it then I do."

-- On the S6 finale,

SA: "I really hope you guys dig the finale this week. I think it's really cool. I think it's visually interesting. I think that it's unapologetic. And I think that it leaves everyone with a great deal of certainty with where every character is, except that you might not like all the places that they are."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

From Build Series interview with SA this afternoon in NYC (they'll probably post recorded video later) - I was typing fast while watching live, with no option to play back, so I can't guarantee the accuracy of the quotes...

STEPHEN AMELL LIVE ON BUILD SERIES
May 15, 2018
https://www.buildseries.com/

-- Video clip was shown from the 622 scene when Raisa enters the Queen apartment after the attack on Oliver, Felicity and William by Diaz's minions.

-- On being Oliver Queen, SA: "Feels more like me than I care to admit."  On the similarities between himself and Oliver, SA: "Well, not murder. But in general, I've lived with this guy for six years, but every once in a while... I will read something where someone will see something in an episode [and go], 'yeah, that's not Oliver, that's Stephen.'" For example, SA said that, in the Olicity wedding reception scene, when "Felicity smushes cake on Oliver's face," that wasn't Felicity and Oliver, but Emily and Stephen. SA added that, over the years, more of Stephen has been imbued into his portrayal of Oliver.

-- On whether he will collaborate with Colin Donnell and Colin's wife, Patti Murin, on anything musical, SA said that his "love of singing is only equaled by his abject hatred of a musical episode of Arrow." He said that he's a karaoke singer. SA then rapped part of some Hamilton song.

-- His wine partner, Andrew Harding, then joined them and brought some Nocking Point wine with him. Some talk about Andrew's background, how he met SA, and how they starting Nocking Point. They then all sampled the wine. They also talked about their wine collaborations with Jason Momoa and EBR. Their next wine collaboration will be with Aisha Tyler. Some info was given about wine subscriptions.

-- On whether Oliver drinks wine, SA: "He does, but only by himself, while staring into vacuous space."

-- SA then went through and described each of the wines that they brought. He said that EBR's wine "is more popular than mine."

-- On where the name 'Nocking Point' came from, SA: "It's when you nock the arrow into the bow."

-- SA said that his archery coach didn't want him to look like people who fake being good at archery (in movies and tv). On how good he is at archery in real life, SA: "I'm really, really fake good."

-- They then took some audience questions. Kid fan asked SA to wish him a Happy Birthday. SA told him to stick around after the show, so they could take a pic together for his birthday.

-- On whether he'd want to pair up with Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye if they ever did a Marvel-DC crossover, SA said he'd love to and that he was a huge fan of JR's work. SA also joked that he was a "clearly superior" archer because he's right-handed.

-- On whether he's ever read a line of dialogue that he couldn't wait to say, SA said, yes, when he got to give Barry Allen his name.

-- On the S6 finale this week,

Spoiler

SA: "I get to give a line of dialogue that I get to say directly into the camera... I'm talking to a news camera."

-- SA said that he wants Arrow to be written as if they're running out of time. SA: "We are not guaranteed a Season 8." 

-- On how many stunts he does himself, SA said that he "does as many as he can." For the pilot, he had a full month to rehearse, so he did almost all of the stunts himself and so they could show him doing them. That set the tone for the show. He doesn't do as many stunts as he'd like. He's also subject to their schedule, so he mentioned some safely and logistical issues.

-- SA mentioned again that they're going to see Patti Murin in Frozen tomorrow. SA's daughter is going to be dressed as Elsa, while Andrew's daughter is going to be dressed as Anna. They're going to go backstage after the show. He joked that he was afraid the kids would have a stroke.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, bijoux said:

@KenyaJ, which poster or interview are you quoting? Morose Cabarnet is an excellent and completely apt name!

It was from the Build interview. And yes, it was the perfect name. The interviewer asked if Oliver drinks wine and Stephen said he’d do it alone and in a cave. LOL.  

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, tv echo said:

-- His wine partner, Andrew Harding, then joined them and brought some Nocking Point wine with him. Some talk about Andrew's background, how he met SA, and how they starting Nocking Point. They then all sampled the wine. They also talked about their wine collaborations with Jason Momoa and EBR. Their next wine collaboration will be with Aisha Tyler. Some info was given about wine subscriptions.

This is the second time he's done this and it gives me such secondhand embarrassment. 

(edited)

Returning writers so far seem to be Ben, Emilo, Oscar, Rebecca, Sarah, Jeane, and possibly Liz (might be Elizabeth Kim but idk for sure).

ETA: For reference of their last episodes respectively, 622, 618, 622, 620, 617 (Sarah also wrote 604), 617, 619 (Elizabeth Kim also wrote 519) 

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm so glad Ben, Oscar and Emilio are back. They're the better ones. Also, there are a lot of women in that writers room YAY! 

Edited by Guest
(edited)
10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Weren’t there two new male writers or am misremembering?

They might have been freelance writers or assistants. The pair from 621 and the pair from 615 aren't in the picture either.

Edited by way2interested
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

This is the second time he's done this and it gives me such secondhand embarrassment. 

Mentioning the wine?  Drinking wine? I just assumed he’s promoting Nockingpoint officially and Arrow unofficially.  It’s why Drew joined him for the ET?, today’s drinky whatever & build on.  They are looking for wine buyers. NA’s 1st hashtag when announcing it last week was NP. NP’s also been promoting.  

I think KTLA and today’s Live were Arrow promo.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Mentioning the wine?  Drinking wine? I just assumed he’s promoting Nockingpoint officially and Arrow unofficially.  It’s why Drew joined him for the ET?, today’s drinky whatever & build on.  They are looking for wine buyers. NA’s 1st hashtag when announcing it last week was NP. NP’s also been promoting.  

I know what they're doing and why - it just comes off like an informercial in the middle of show promo to me, and I find it slick and offputting. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, tv echo said:

DR: "I think Diggle should have some parents. To find out who's Diggle - where Diggle came from. Like, I think we know everyone - nearly everyone’s parents."
KC: "Not mine."
DR: "We know yours."
KC: "Not Black Siren."
DR: "Not Black Siren. That's right. Not Black Siren. What Earth were you - Earth 2?"
KC: "Yes, but you never really can tell."
DR: "No, your parents on Earth 2 were still - it was still Lance, except he died."
KC: "No - uh, yes. He died when I was 14. That's all we know."
DR: "Well, that's sad, isn't it."

Well, somebody sounds a bit bitter with that interjection ?

• Love 9

Here's the recorded video of yesterday's Build Series interview with SA...

Stephen Amell Speaks On The CW's "Arrow" & Nocking Point Wine
Published on May 15, 2018, by BUILD Series

(edited)

EBR must have thighs of steel. That move is SO HARD.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

PIX11 (NY) interview with SA - go to link to watch video...

-- The only thing said about the season finale is that

Spoiler

there will be no cliffhangers.

Stephen Amell talks season finale of ‘Arrow,’ workouts and wine [VIDEO]
MAY 16, 2018, BY OJINIKA OBIEKWE
http://pix11.com/2018/05/16/stephen-amell-talks-season-finale-of-arrow-workout-wine/

NEW YORK — The CW's "Arrow" has been picked up for a seventh season and the star of the show Stephen Amell has sat down with Oji to talk about the fanbase and how thankful he is for having the show going strong.

Though he couldn't reveal much about the season finale, he did chat about new workouts he's willing to try to stay fit as well as his wine business known to many as "Pink Wine for Dudes."

Catch the season finale of "Arrow" on PIX11 Thursday at 9 p.m. ET.

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

PIX11 (NY) interview with SA - go to link to watch video...

Wow, he seems more and more detached with every interview. Dude just needs to go on hiatus already...

It's crazy how the promotion changed when Beth took over. We're getting sneak peeks early the last couple episodes. Better interviews from the leads and just all around better promo. It could get better I believe. But it's way better than before. We went forever without sneak peeks and they we're usually happening like an hour or two before the episode!

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/15/2018 at 6:50 PM, way2interested said:

Returning writers so far seem to be Ben, Emilo, Oscar, Rebecca, Sarah, Jeane, and possibly Liz (might be Elizabeth Kim but idk for sure).

ETA: For reference of their last episodes respectively, 622, 618, 622, 620, 617 (Sarah also wrote 604), 617, 619 (Elizabeth Kim also wrote 519)

My guesses (SA said in his Build Series interview this week that there were 4 or 5 new writers for next season)...
Sarah = Sarah Tarkoff
Tonya = Tonya Kong (NEW)
Oscar = Oscar Balderrama
Becky = Rebecca Rosenberg (NEW)
Liz = Elizabeth Kim
Maya = Maya Houston (NEW)
Jill = ?
Ben/Deric = Benjamin Rabb (NEW) and Deric A. Hughes (NEW)
Emilio = Emilio Ortega Aldrich
Rebecca = Rebecca Bellotto
TBD = ?
Jeane = Jeane Wong
Beth = Beth Schwartz (EP/showrunner)

ETA: Here's the list of this season's writers:
601    MG & WM
602    MG & Beth Schwartz (story by Adam Schwartz)
603    Speed Weed & Oscar Balderrama
604    Sarah Tarkoff & Emilio Ortega Aldrich
605    Ben Sokolowski & Spiro Skentzos
606    Oscar Balderrama & Rebecca Bellotto
607    WM & Speed Weed.
608    Story: MG & AK.  Teleplay: WM & Ben Sokolowski     
609    Beth Schwartz & Sarah Tarkoff        
610    Ben Sokolowski & Emilio Ortega Aldrich
611    Speed Weed & Spiro Skentzos     
612    Beth Schwartz & Oscar Balderrama        
613    Sarah Tarkoff & Emilio Ortega Aldrich    
614    Oscar Balderrama & Rebecca Bellotto            
615    Story by Christos Gage & Ruth Fletcher Gage, and teleplay by Speed Weed            
616    Beth Schwartz & Ben Sokolowski    
617    Sarah Tarkoff & Jeane Wong
618    Speed Weed & Emilio Ortega Aldrich 
619    Spiro Skentzos & Elizabeth Kim
620    WM & Rebecca Bellotto
621    Story: MG. Teleplay: Ubah Mohamed & Tyron B. Carter
622    Ben Sokolowski & Oscar Balderrama
623    WM & MG

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Mostly Nocking Point/wine talk - this is the podcast that SA referred to in his Build Series interview...

You can listen to the podcast at any of these three links (I only transcribed the part about EBR's wine)...

“When Superheroes Make Wine” with Stephen Amell and Andrew Harding
Hosts: Dan Dunn and Emma Patterson   May 15, 2018
https://starburns.audio/podcasts/drinky-fun-time/
https://play.podible.co/episode/5137041
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/drinky-fun-time/id1262923064?mt=2

Dan Dunn: "So this one is called Pacific Coast Pink."
SA: "That was done by Emily Bett Rickards, who is my co-star on the show." 
Emma Patterson: "Before you tell me about Emily, did you share a bathtub with her?
SA: "No, but my wife did."
Emma: "Okay, because on the back of this, it says, 'For best results, share with your best friend in a bathtub.'"
SA: "Yeah, my wife and her best friend and Emily all got in a bathtub the night of my birthday party, uh, and shared a glass or two... Emily's was the first wine - the first collaboration, um, where she really leaned into it and really got specific with it. I mean, most everyone was like - well, I mean - I loved what Zach did. Zach was like, well, it's summer, let's get some rose, and here are a couple of design ideas. Uh, you know, Cody got pretty specific, but it was his wrestler branding. But Emily was like, I'm doing a sparkling rose, here's the label, got really particular about it, and people really -"
Andrew Harding: "And, by the way, she delivered the label finished, which never happens."
Emma: "It's bloody good. I'm sorry, this is my favorite."
Dan: "What's really good about this one is... My taste in sparkling rose - I can't stand it when they're like cloyingly sweet, right? This thing's very dry, crisp, and if you like the sort of wine - sparking rose that's going to be able to sit outside on a hot day and not - cause when you get that sweetness in there... this doesn't have any of that, which I love."
SA: "I think this is the first wine, that - from a collaborator's standpoint - that we will definitely do again, even if we do a smaller - (Andrew interjected, "a one-off") a one-off and do a smaller batch or that people can buy a la carte."
Emma: "Well done. Well done, Emily. Emily Bett. No, honestly, this is - ladies, not to speak just to the ladies - this is really light, fruity, and tiny, tiny bubbles. It's really good."
Andrew: "And it's all gone... There's like 8 bottles left."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Too much flash, not enough Arrow (but good message)...

New Season Extended Sizzle | The CW
Published on May 17, 2018, by The CW Television Network

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Soulfire said:

Olicity! Thanks, Echo.

Lol, I went on Twitter and I swear my timeline had five of this picture (no, not the group shot)  pop up back to back.  :D

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4