Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

So everyone in the pictures will be there.

I understand why they might want to keep EBR away if they are pimping the BC arc but the idea that Matt Nable is worth going to the TCAs but EBR and WH aren't burns.

• Love 17

Woo hoo!  More dudes!  Just what this panel needed!

Seriously - I may not be the biggest Laurel fan, but I wouldn't want her left off given her upcoming storyline.  I don't get why they looked at this joint panel and thought "One female?  Sounds good."  Leaving Willa out is a big WTF for me.  And Caitlin on Flash, seeing as she holds a character name that means something in the comics.  

• Love 2

Question. Have they announced who is attending Paley Fest or is this all for the TCA's?

I've heard January 20th as the date for the Paley Fest panel.  I'll be waiting.  LOL

• Love 1

It would've been smarter for the CW Marketing people (or whoever is responsible) just to include Felicity/EBR in the twitter poster and TCA panel as part of the Team Arrow heroes, rather than exclude her.  Now her absence has just become a controversy that might distract from their agenda of promoting the rest of the season.  If they had just included her, there'd be no issue.  Or maybe it's just an issue for fans, and the television critics won't care.  I wonder if any of the television critics attending the TCA will ask about EBR's absence.  If so, I can just imagine the Arrow/Flash EPs' responses (my comments are in italics):

TV Critic:  The title of your panel is "The Heroes and Villains of Arrow and Flash".  I noticed that Emily Bett Rickards is not here.  Do you have to wear a costume to be a hero?
EP:  Absolutely not.  I think we've shown over the past two and half seasons that regular people can be incredibly heroic - as demonstrated by Diggle (nods to DR) and Felicity Smoak.
TV Critic:  Then why isn't Emily part of your Arrow panel?
EP:  (forced laugh) Well, our shows have large casts and we could only bring so many people to this event.  We have a very exciting second half of this season coming up on Arrow, so we wanted to focus on our newer heroes and villains who will be featured.
TV Critic:  But you have Colton Haynes here.
EP:  Arsenal is one of those DC Comics heroes that we've been really excited to add to our show.  And he's going to step up in a big way in the episodes coming up when the show returns on January 21st.
TV Critic:  (persisting) So you do have to wear a costume to be a hero?
EP:  (frustrated) No!  We also have David Ramsey here who plays Diggle, who's very much a hero and he does not wear a costume on the show.
TV Critic:  Diggle is part of Team Arrow, who've been fighting alongside Oliver since the first season.  Aren't they the real heroes?
EP:  Absolutely.
TV Critic:  But Felicity is a member of Team Arrow, so why isn't Emily here?
EP:  (giving up) We would've loved for Emily to be here as well [probably the truth], but she couldn't make it [outright lie, shifting blame to EBR].

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I posted this at another board but I see the theme now these are characters with big roles in the next 3 episodes as well as the season Big Bads. Details behind spoiler

Wells just revealed as Reverse Flash, Ras just killed Oliver.

Flash 10 is the captain cold/heatwave team up, 11 or 12 is the Firestorm episode

Arrow 10-12, BC trilogy Roy becoming a leader, Ray becoming a "hero" working on suit and saving alderman, Malcolm is supposed to have a big role in 10-11 as well, etc.

Diggle is the only question mark, unless 12 is a big Diggle episode?

I posted this at another board but I see the theme now these are characters with big roles in the next 3 episodes as well as the season Big Bads. Details behind spoiler

Wells just revealed as Reverse Flash, Ras just killed Oliver.

Flash 10 is the captain cold/heatwave team up, 11 or 12 is the Firestorm episode

Arrow 10-12, BC trilogy Roy becoming a leader, Ray becoming a "hero" working on suit and saving alderman, Malcolm is supposed to have a big role in 10-11 as well, etc.

Diggle is the only question mark, unless 12 is a big Diggle episode?

yeah now that I think about it it makes sense kinda. Andit's not just EBR eluded no women are are included beside KC so I don't think it will be a big controversy. I guess Felicity just doesn't really have a major arc coming up.

Edited by ban1o

Velocity that is WAY too Much man for that panel I don't see why Willa Emily Candice and Danielle Cant be there. Men and Women watch the shows and this man personally doesn't care about the lone woman

yeah it still rubs me the wrong way that there in only one female. I thought WIlla was having a major arc coming up?

• Love 1

Could it be just a matter of money? I'm assuming the network pays the actors to attend  this event, and they surely wanted the publicity boost that the guest stars will bring. So maybe they had to cut on some people to afford them being there? Much like only the people with a significant role in the crossovers attended the Flarrow screening, perhaps they just had people with major storylines?

If you consider it, Flash actually has it worse, having just 2 series regulars attending and all guest stars, while Arrow has most of its cast beside EBR and WH and PB.

(Just guessing here, I really know nothing about this stuff).

Felicity is still more popular than almost that whole panel. Fuck now I'm depressed looks like shes nothing to propping up a newbie who's getting shoved down our throats when he should be secondary to her. I guess the fact she's the love of the hero's life ain't big enough either

• Love 1

I guess Felicity just doesn't really have a major arc coming up.

So that begs the question, is Ray having his arc by himself?  Does she have so inconsequential a role that her POV isn't important?   But it also goes back to the title of the panel - do they not consider Felicity a hero?

• Love 2

Could it be just a matter of money? I'm assuming the network pays the actors to attend  this event, and they surely wanted the publicity boost that the guest stars will bring. So maybe they had to cut on some people to afford them being there? Much like only the people with a significant role in the crossovers attended the Flarrow screening, perhaps they just had people with major storylines?

If you consider it, Flash actually has it worse, having just 2 series regulars attending and all guest stars, while Arrow has most of its cast beside EBR and WH and PB.

(Just guessing here, I really know nothing about this stuff).

Yeah if you look at it Arrow and Flash actually have the most people by far. TVD and TO only have 2 actors lol. They were probably limited to how many people they could invite.

So that begs the question, is Ray having his arc by himself?  Does she have so inconsequential a role that her POV isn't important?   But it also goes back to the title of the panel - do they not consider Felicity a hero?

They probably wanted to promote the guest starts .Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller were invited for Flash. Flash actually only has 2 regulars and the rest are guest stars which is kinda sketchy. Are the regulars so un important lol?

Edited by ban1o

Except that Guggenheim said:  "Roy, Felicity and Diggs really come to the fore in 10, 11 and 12, for reasons I think will be pretty clear by the time you see episode 9."  (Source)

So EBR has as much right to be at the TCA as CH and DR.

It's all B.S.  They have their ulterior motives for why they included who they did on the TCA panel, and anything they say to explain their choices will be lies.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

B6_0dkdCQAAI6cx.png

Awww how lovely just 1 female at the panel.

Jesus, that's just blatant. All those guys, several of whom are guest stars, and only one woman. I'm sorry, but someone at that panel needs to sack up and ask them, 'where are the rest of the women in your casts? Why don't you want them here?' 

• Love 7

Yeah, normally these things don't bother me but KC being the only woman there is so blatant it's almost funny. WH should really be there too if these are all supposed to be characters with major story lines. 

• Love 3

Another Guggenheim quote that's somewhat ironic now, given the makeup of the TCA panel:

One thing that we've really strived for in the show is diversity of all forms. We're very proud of our racial diversity on the show, we're very proud of our gender diversity and having female characters who aren't just sex objects, who have agency, who are tough. I mean, Felicity Smoak is by no means an ass-kicker, but she's very tough and she has an inner steel to her. Same thing with Thea.

Arrow's Guggenheim on Season 3: We Wanted to Fuse the Epic Quality of Season 2 With the Mystery of Season 1

By Russ Burlingame  09/21/2014

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/21/arrows-guggenheim-on-season-3-we-wanted-to-fuse-the-epic-quality/

Edited by tv echo

lol so she will be in LA but she won't be at the actual panel? what? Maybe since everybody else was going she felt like flying up with them too? I guess it would be lonely in Vancouver lol. l don't know .   

Edited by ban1o

Well, maybe she will go to a Golden Globe party. I think she did last year. And the person next to her looks like her friend. So maybe they will mingle and party. Good for them :-)

oh yeah that's probably it :) She has a lot of friends in LA too I think

I am gonna keep my hopes low. And maybe she just going to see her friends.

yeah if she was going to be at the panel, they would have announced her along with everybody else

Edited by ban1o

Could she be going to the TCAs with the cast for some other reason, but just not be appearing on the panel? She could be taking a personal trip, but it seems a little coincidental that if she was she'd end up on the same plane with other CW people and seated in the same section. 

She's in coach while JB and Grant are in First class, she's probably flying on her own dime.

yeah they are in different sections. She's probably flying for personal reasons. 

She's in coach while JB and Grant are in First class, she's probably flying on her own dime.

She's standing in coach to be in the picture - she could be sitting anywhere. 

ETA: Not trying to say she's not going to LA for personal reasons - that's the most likely scenario.

Edited by apinknightmare

It actually looks like business class.. but i can't be sure.

color me annoyed that she's in the area and won't be attending the panel.

Yeah, it's tough to tell - it looks like GG and JB are in seats that are facing a different direction than the rest. I've never been on a plane where the different classes were facing different directions - unless they're not and it just looks that way.

Yeah, it's tough to tell - it looks like GG and JB are in seats that are facing a different direction than the rest. I've never been on a plane where the different classes were facing different directions - unless they're not and it just looks that way.

they're all facing the same way. if you look at all the passengers they're all facing to the front of the plane.