Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I didn't realize it was the same kid until now! What a cutie!

Oh, that's too cute!  Her in the field outfit that she wore 519/520 AND he's carrying her around on his back like in 520.  

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

My favorite part is that apparently Stephen figured she was "in the field" Felicity even without being told. 

I love this. The fandom is a mess tonight; I need Mini Felicity to cleanse my TL...

• Love 3

MiniFelicity is adorable. I love those pics.

WH looked exhausted. I'm super curious about her contract for next year. If her episode count goes up or if she's a glorified guest star. 

JH and RG seemed to have a successful first con. 

24 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:
39 minutes ago, Trisha said:

The fandom is a mess tonight;

What's going on?

EBR's supposed new BF either quit IG or his account was suspended. Other photogs accused him of stealing & posting their work and reported him - though apparently they were first alerted by some Olicity fans.

It's messy. Plagiarism is bad of course, but there always seems to be a crazy pile on when it comes to any guy associated with her (who is not SA). Seems too far-reaching to police her real life connections. No wonder she continues to pull away from social. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

EBR's supposed new BF either quit IG or his account was suspended. Other photogs accused him of stealing & posting their work and reported him - though apparently they were first alerted by some Olicity fans.

It's messy. Plagiarism is bad of course, but there always seems to be a crazy pile on when it comes to any guy associated with her (who is not SA). Seems too far-reaching to police her real life connections. No wonder she continues to pull away from social. 

Wow.  Yeah definitely sounds messy.  :(  Thanks for the response though.

(edited)

IDK who alerted the photographers that this guy was stealing from them - and I really don't care who it was. Whether it was from an olicity fandom person or not. The guy is scum for stealing other people's work and I'm glad the photographers whose work he was taking credit for found out and reported him. 

I'm not gonna lie - when I found out he was stealing stuff I went to one of his photos and asked him to either credit the artist or take it down. When I got blocked I knew that he knew exactly what he was doing and wasn't going to stop.

So yeah - this goes way beyond EBR. And I'm glad the asshole got caught. And I really don't understand anyone defending the guy because he did commit an illegal act. Him being EBR's friend doesn't change the fact that he should be exempt from anything and to me, he deserved what was coming. *shrugs* 

Also just a side note... I admit that the reason why anyone went snooping in the first place is wrong, but this guy was stealing and if anyone found this out and kept their mouths shut? Well IMO they'd be complicit to this theft. And that doesn't sit right with me.

I just really hate people stealing other people's work. I've had a bad experience with someone stealing my work in college so yeah I have no issues with what went down.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I'm sure whoever this guy is he is a big boy who doesn't need strangers feeling sorry for him  *shrug*

1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

My favorite part is that apparently Stephen figured out she was "in the field" Felicity even without being told. 

Ha I had no idea she was 'in the field Felicity' until I saw this Olicity comparison:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alwaysbett/status/879099275656998914

Seriously baby Felicity and Stephen photo ops might just beat Stemily in London photo ops. Just saying.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Who is he? Is he one of the guys in one of those Instagram stories about a road trip in California?

I think his name is Josh? I didn't follow him but he shot her Maroon 5 cover. 

I don't know, guys. If you follow/know the artists he was stealing from then yeah, I get why you'd feel compelled to report him. Like I said, plagiarism is bad. But some people on Twitter who were bragging about reporting him said they only know him through his connection to EBR. Why would they want to hurt someone she obviously cares about? Feels like a giant overstep. Let the girl live her life. 

Anyway, remember the Mini Felicity stuff? That was fun. 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Trisha said:

If you follow/know the artists he was stealing from then yeah, I get why you'd feel compelled to report him.

Nah... This is wrong. Stealing is stealing whether or not you know the artist or not. 

5 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Why would they want to hurt someone she obviously cares about?

The guy brought it on himself. He was stealing. He was actually taking other people's work and saying it's his. If you looked at his comments so many people were commending him for his work and thanking them. It felt so wrong. So I really don't care if he was hurt. He was knowingly stealing from other people. Other people who worked HARD for their achievements. He isn't a saint.

And again. Just because he's Emily's friend doesn't mean he's exempt from being a decent human being.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

I've been plagiarized. It's not great and I always appreciate someone pointing it out. 

I mean, you don't get nabbed for plagiarsm because some overinvested Stans were scouring your Insta, you get nabbed because you're a plagiarist. The motivation is bad but the end is still a net positive. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I think his name is Josh? I didn't follow him but he shot her Maroon 5 cover. 

I don't know, guys. If you follow/know the artists he was stealing from then yeah, I get why you'd feel compelled to report him. Like I said, plagiarism is bad. But some people on Twitter who were bragging about reporting him said they only know him through his connection to EBR. Why would they want to hurt someone she obviously cares about? Feels like a giant overstep. Let the girl live her life. 

Anyway, remember the Mini Felicity stuff? That was fun. 

Personally don't know who's worst. People dobbing some one in they don't know for their plagiarism or attacking him because of a tv character. Or people getting defensive or feeling sorry for someone they don't know being caught for plagiarising and then shading or attacking others in the guys defense because of a tv character.

The thread seemed quite happy talking about baby Felicity until nine posts ago. So I'm all for going back to that :)

What's with Arrow ladies, Instagram and photographer SOs?!? LOL! Willa's hubby's gotten his account suspended a number of times, I think, just from seeing Willa's numerous appeals to IG.

OK, I promise I'm gonna go back to mini-Felicity ... but @wonderwall, how did you know he was plagiarizing? Were you familiar with the artists he was copying? No judgment here whatsoever, just curious how people realized.

Now back to regular programming ;)

• Love 5
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the people that reported him did it because they found out he's a thief, not because they wanted to hurt him or her. Plagiarists get away with stealing because they fly under the radar, and usually the only reason they get caught is because they get famous for some reason, their audience expands, and someone notices something hinky. He got noticed because of his association with EBR, people checked out his account and realized something was wrong. He hurt himself because he stole and got caught. He's not an innocent party here.

Sorry, but plagiarism is a really big deal, especially if it might affect one's livelihood. I'm in research, and getting presentable data can take months, if not years or work and a ton of money. If someone were passing my data off as their own, even at a small conference that doesn't really matter, I sure as hell would want that person reported. I wouldn't care why or how they got caught. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9

Who's feeling sorry for him? If he did it then I don't feel sorry for the guy one bit. I do feel sorry for EBR though. From the tweets I saw, "stealing is wrong" was not exactly the main motivation here. When fandom dips into our faves' personal lives, it gets messy. That's all I was trying to say. 

• Love 8

The thread seemed quite happy talking about baby Felicity until nine posts ago. So I'm all for going back to that :)

Sounds good to me.

I hope we see more "in the field Felicity" at future cons. I will always adore the cute dress and ponytail look but seeing action Felicity version was a lovely unexpected surprise.  I want Felicity to have no limits and I love that there's already one little girl (and her parents) that has already figured that out.  

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I do feel sorry for EBR though.

Whatever her personal relationship with the guy is, I feel sorry that she's worked with him. I don't know if the Sunday Morning video was the only thing they've shot together or if there's more stuff planned, but if she didn't know he was a plagiarist  before, I hope she at least makes sure he owns the copyright to any stuff he involves her with so she doesn't get caught up in a mess. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I hope we see more "in the field Felicity" at future cons. I will always adore the cute dress and ponytail look but seeing action Felicity version was a lovely unexpected surprise.  I want Felicity to have no limits and I love that there's already one little girl (and her parents) that has already figured that out.  

I follow @jesileighs, mini-Felicity's mom, on twitter, and before the con she was asking for suggestions on how to make a LoT vigilante-Felicity costume. I'm glad she went with Helix Felicity, though! It's simple and clever.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The only thing missing was a baseball cap with the ponytail not pulled through the back for whatever reason!

She'd ditched the hat by 520.  :)

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Trisha said:

I find the level of fans' interest in actors' personal life embarrassing. Because it's plain as day people didn't acted out of concern for the photographer and everyone involved can see the real motivation.

And I couldn't care less about the guy's feelings since he isn't innocent.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I find the level of fans' interest in actors' personal life embarrassing. Because it's plain as day people didn't acted out of concern for the photographer and everyone involved can see the real motivation.

And I couldn't care less about the guy's feelings since he isn't innocent.

Sort of same thing to me. What's worst: people being overly interested in a celebrity they likes life inducing shady behaviour? Or people being overly interested in somebody else interest in a celebrity's life inducing shady behaviour like shading and accusing almost an entire fanbase of behaviour they may or may not have been apart of.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

Sort of same thing to me. What's worst: people being overly interested in a celebrity they likes life inducing shady behaviour? Or people being overly interested in somebody else interest in a celebrity's life inducing shady behaviour like shading and accusing almost an entire fanbase of behaviour they may or may not have been apart of.

If it's the same to you then, LOL. I saw people on twitter I follow because they watch the same show celebrating because they "saved Emily". If you want to insist it's out of concern for the photographer then go for it.

• Love 3
Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

If it's the same to you then, LOL. I saw people on twitter I follow because they watch the same show celebrating because they "saved Emily". If you want to insist it's out of concern for the photographer then go for it.

Seriously I don't care. I don't care that the guy got his account suspended because he stole somebody else's work. I don't care if he is dating Emily or not. I don't understand why anybody else would care either. 

I mean it's one thing to have a go at people celebrating the guys account being deleted when I've seen the same amount of people starting fights on Twitter about people supposedly interfering in Emily's relationship. It is really nobody's business.

The guy committed a crime and got caught out for it. He doesn't need anybody's defence. Emily is a big girl with her own agency who's life is probably not going to be changed all that much because her may or maybe not boyfriend lost his Instagram account. She doesn't really need fans fighting her probably imagined battles either.

So personally I think both sides should just stay out of it and let it go and not shade and attack one another. 

What I do care about is little Baby Felicity and the con. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Seriously I don't care. I don't care that the guy got his account suspended because he stole somebody else's work. I don't care if he is dating Emily or not. I don't understand why anybody else would care either. 

I mean it's one thing to have a go at people celebrating the guys account being deleted when I've seen the same amount of people starting fights on Twitter about people supposedly interfering in Emily's relationship. It is really nobody's business.

The guy committed a crime and got caught out for it. He doesn't need anybody's defence. Emily is a big girl with her own agency who's life is probably not going to be changed all that much because her may or maybe not boyfriend lost his Instagram account. She doesn't really need fans fighting her probably imagined battles either.

So personally I think both sides should just stay out of it and let it go and not shade and attack one another. 

What I do care about is little Baby Felicity and the con. 

If you really don't know the reason, which seems weird, it's because some fans ship Stephen and Emily and get annoyed when something might interfere with that.

I said I couldn't care less about the guy because he isn't innocent so I'm obviously not defending him. And it's not about Emily either. I said I find the level of interest the fans have for famous people's personal lives embarrassing. It was Emily's friend/boyfriend/whoever that guy is this time but what I said goes for every situation, not for her in particular.

I wish Emily a good life like I do for every person (unless they are horrible) but my post wasn't about her. I don't care what she does, I don't follow her on any SM, I don't fight her battles. I find the fandom (not as a whole obviously, I don't even know everyone) a bit too much in some occasions and that embarrasses me because I'm in it. 

If you don't care and want to talk about baby Felicity I suggest you do that. It's not a subject I find particularly fun to discuss either. :)

• Love 6
(edited)

People here and in fandom have speculated about Emily's friendship with Katie, with Willa, with her friend Fanta and Carina, so on and so forth. I've seen fans @ reply her about how she should leave the show because they think they know what's best for her personally. There's a lot of ~concern policing for her personal life period, it seems, which is not great. And personal pics that Emily's friends post on their social media of her get posted on here all the time with generally good commentary and no one complaining about her privacy. Seems over-investment is the issue, which yes...is also not great!

I won't place motivations on people I don't know - I don't know if someone was looking through this guy's Insta and saw a pic that looked familiar and did a reverse Google image search and found that it was stolen and went digging for more (fine!) or decided to go on a dirt-digging mission to save her bae from an evil nasty man because he isn't Stephen (really, really not fine!) but the second word got out that this dude was stealing, notifying the original copyright holders that their material was being stolen was the right thing to do regardless of intent. The 'plagiarism is bad/wrong, BUT' is really bothering me, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

Except I have never claimed that. In this occasion it was trash shippers. In other occasions other people (not sure how to call them) and it's the same thing. I see people on twitter always posting about her friends, her mom, what they like on IG..some of them aren't famous and the way people follow their every move because they might say something that can be used to find out what Emily is doing/what she is thinking is too much for me. I just don't come here to talk about it.

It's not plagiarism is bad but. It's two different things. Plagiarism is bad and I find a certain kind of behavior embarrassing. In multiple occasions. I'll learn to keep it to myself though. I didn't think it was going to get people so defensive.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Sounds good to me.

I think it works because it's age appropriate. Unfortunately almost all female comic costumes are highly sexualised.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I didn't quote you or say that you claimed anything. It was a general comment about "motivation" that a few people have made tonight. I've edited. 

Yeah but I wanted to clarify just in case mine was a general statement because even if I think I'm being clear I know things can come across differently. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yeah but I wanted to clarify just in case mine was a general statement because even if I think I'm being clear I know things can come across differently. 

Same. It's late and I've had insomnia tonight and should've stopped commenting a while ago (or not commented at all!) and I'm not sure things are as clear as I think they are, haha. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Awe that's awesome! 

Antonio also said on Twitter if it fits within a script he would consider filming there.

All that's left to do is figure out how to also incorporate the ship of the year trophy in that shot.

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

The 'plagiarism is bad/wrong, BUT' is really bothering me, haha. 

Let me just clarify this because I said it: I've worked in newsrooms almost all of my career. I have had stuff reposted in full on "aggregation" sites with zero credit. I've submitted more Google and YouTube copyright claims than I can count. No one needs to explain the harmful affects of plagiarism to me.  Trust me. It's bad, full stop.

My point was that from what I saw on Twitter (which is not indicative of an entire fanbase; no one said that), this had very little to do with the sanctity of art and/or creator ownership. People have been posting crap about him since they started hanging out. He didn't fit into the life some people have envisioned for EBR, so they went digging. If it turns out he's guilty of stealing and he has to pay the consequences of that, good. It's the "they went digging" part that trips me up.  

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, bijoux said:

All that's left to do is figure out how to also incorporate the ship of the year trophy in that shot.

Well the bench is easy. Oliver and Felicity have a lunch and/or ice cream date.  Done.  

SOTY would be harder. I say it plays the role of unidentifiable trophy in Olivers office.

?

• Love 1

I don't think the WGA strike threat was a bluff at all--they had like 97% support from their membership to strike, and very good, valid reason to do so, and I think the AMPTP knew it, which is why the WGA succeeded. I don't know as much about the SAG demands, but if they are for similar reasons, I'm guessing they will have similar support and the result will hopefully be the same.

• Love 2