Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Is it possible that there was some sort of higher up request that they show for the premiere? I'm just speculating, but there was that Supergirl Wonder Woman promo..... *shrug*  I don't know.

• Love 2

Why are they all going? Im confused,is it a DC thing they have to do as part of their contracts and network PR? If so,interesting how i havent heard anyone from the arrow cast going.

2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Is it possible that there was some sort of higher up request that they show for the premiere? I'm just speculating, but there was that Supergirl Wonder Woman promo..... *shrug*  I don't know.

I thought about that too. Or maybe it's not the Premiere and Supergirl is doing promo like Echo and BL were this weekend. 

Honestly I would have loved all the woman of DCTV to make an appearance at the Premiere. 

(edited)

Upfronts are in NYC not Chicago, that was a party. No one from Arrow or Flash was actually at the NYC Upfronts.

From the Berlantiverse it was CL and MB (Supergirl). The Js showed up for SPN, they had the Riverdale cast, and Gina Rodriguez from Jane The Virgin. 

Plus all the new shows for next season.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Thanks for the correction. I was mildly surprised and only saw Upfront, not the party and Chicago parts. What the heck is an Upfronts party? In another city moreover.

Well, sure, a party after the presentation makes sense. I know that some people go to those when they're not actually attending upfronts, and I get that. Entertainment is a weird place.

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

That would make sense and I could see them deciding to make it a work obligation last minute to boost Supergirl's profile as well.  Arrow's numbers are down but Supergirls' are down AND it's a lot more expensive.  

Off topic but I really want to see pics of Lynda Carter and the new Wonder Woman together.  I hope the PR people make that happen at the premiere.  Lynda Carter deserves a lot of credit for her portrayal and how much people still remember that show with fondness.

• Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I thought there were upfront parties in LA? I remember Candice Patton going to one last year

Maybe, i don't pay attention beyond NYC. Maybe they have something in the Top 5 markets?

Edited by Morrigan2575
24 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

That would make sense and I could see them deciding to make it a work obligation last minute to boost Supergirl's profile as well.  Arrow's numbers are down but Supergirls' are down AND it's a lot more expensive.  

Off topic but I really want to see pics of Lynda Carter and the new Wonder Woman together.  I hope the PR people make that happen at the premiere.  Lynda Carter deserves a lot of credit for her portrayal and how much people still remember that show with fondness.

Maybe (and I'm again just speculating here), they got some really positive feedback from the recent Supergirl Wonder Woman promo and so decided they wanted Melissa to make an appearance?  When did that promo come out anyway?   And I know this conversation is about HVFF, but should it be moved to Mind Your Surroundings since we're mainly talking about Melissa? 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Dont know if your talking in general or strictly the premiere
5558419-lynda+carter+gal+gadot.jpg

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is it weird MG is not on Tumblr answering questions? He went on such a spree after the previous eps. So weird we haven't heard a peep after the finale.

Nah, he's probably enjoying his last break before going back to work (first week of June) 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is it weird MG is not on Tumblr answering questions? He went on such a spree after the previous eps. So weird we haven't heard a peep after the finale.

Yeah, I think it is. Especially with all the praise he is probably getting right now.

(edited)

Considering that cliffhanger, he probably didn't want to type "she/he's dead" over and over.

Seriously if they double down on this ala Oliver's "death" in S3, just how fun is SDCC going to be.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3
(edited)

How will they handle that if everyone is supposed to be "dead"? Do they have to go to SDCC? Maybe they all get a break this year.

I guarantee you that no one on the production team thought of this prior to proposing "let's blow everyone up".

Maybe they do a joint Flarrowverse panel?

Edited by leopardprint
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

How will they handle that if everyone is supposed to be "dead"? Do they have to go to SDCC? Maybe they all get a break this year.

I guarantee you that no one on the production team thought of this prior to proposing "let's blow everyone up".

Considering what the network did this year, maybe they should just do thematic panels with all their stars going to the one that fits their situation.

I'm most likely Dead

I'm trapped and I'll probably never be seen again

My entire supporting cast is dead or missing

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Dont know if your talking in general or strictly the premiere
5558419-lynda+carter+gal+gadot.jpg

It's so cute that they co-ordinated their outfits.

ETA: What premiere are we talking about specifically? Because I just found this.

ETA2: Also seen photos of CP and CL, so it's apparently this premiere. If it's on Thursday and HVFF starts on Sunday, I don't see why it would be cause for cancelling.
Edited by bijoux
3 hours ago, bijoux said:

I don't see why it would be cause for cancelling.

Maybe they just don't want to go for whatever reason and nobody can say anything if you say that you have to work...

I am not trying to be rude or anything but didn't this also happen once or twice with KC. Cancelled last minute for personal plans... Maybe these two prefer to go on holiday and would have missed out on something there. Maybe not but we will see...

8 hours ago, leopardprint said:

They could probably go with 601 will have flashbacks that cover what happened before, during, after the explosion. So they are Schrödinger's Cast, simultaneously alive/dead, until you watch 601. ?

• Love 5
(edited)

This weekend's comic cons (UPDATED)...

Heroes & Villains FanFest-London, May 27-28, 2017 (London, UK)
Stephen Amell, Emily Bett Rickards, Josh Segarra, Katie Cassidy, Colin Donnell, John Barrowman, Charlotte Ross, Matt Ryan and Michael Rowe (also Brandon Routh, Robbie Amell, Shantel VanSanten, Mehcad Brooks, Italia Ricci and Maisie Richardson-Sellers)
http://heroesfanfest.com/london/guests/
Updated Panel Schedule
Safety Guidelines

Puerto Rico Comic Con, May 26-28, 2017
David Ramsey
http://prcomiccon.com/
Schedule (DR panel on Sat. at 2pm)

MCM London Comic Con, May 26-28, 2017 (UK)
Echo Kellum, Manu Bennett and Summer Glau (also Victor Garber and Casper Crump)
http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/attractions/special-guests/
Show Guide (read the character description for Curtis on page 11!)

Alamo City Comic Con, May 26-28, 2017 (San Antonio, TX)
Dolph Lundgren and Katrina Law
http://alamocitycomiccon.com/celebrity-guests/
Friday Schedule
Saturday Schedule
Sunday Schedule

MegaCon Orlando, May 25-28, 2017 (FL)
(Caity Lotz, Tom Cavanagh and Danielle Panabaker)
http://megaconorlando.com/guests/
Show Program

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Help me out here. Not all the con guests have panels? From what I see a lot of people listed to be attending HVFF London aren't scheduled for panels. I don't see Colin Donnell, Charlotte Ross or Michael Rowe being in any panels for instance. Who makes a decision on who will actually have a panel in that case, the con organizers or the actors say whether they're willing to do it?

No idea how they determine who gets panels or why. This is not new to HVFF. I recall that Matt Ryan has attended previous HVFFs but not been assigned to a panel. Maybe some stars just show up for autographs and photo ops? Or they crash panels.

(edited)

Posting here because these articles provide behind-the-scenes information...

BRO AND ARROW Who is Stephen Amell? Arrow star who’s appeared on American Ninja Warrior and completed in WWE
By Olivia Waring   26th May 2017
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3654651/stephen-amell-arrow-star-wwe-ninja-turtles/

Who is Stephen Amell?
Stephen was born in Toronto on May 8 1981, making him 36 years old.

The 6ft Canadian began acting aged 23 in drama Queer As Folk, playing a spinning instructor.

His next high-profile TV gig was The Vampire Diaries from 2010, in which he played a werewolf called Brady.

He went on to bag roles in Hung, a drama about male prostitution, the reboot of high school soap 90210, and Zooey Deschanel comedy New Girl.
When did Stephen get cast in Arrow and who does he play?
In January 2012, Stephen hit the big time when he was cast as the lead in a massive new American TV drama, easily beating his rival auditionees.
Stephen has said the character appeals to him because it’s so varied: “There’s Queen the casual playboy; Queen the wounded hero; Queen the brooding Hamlet; Queen the lover; Queen the man of action, and so on.”

What training did Stephen have to do for the part?
None of the characters in Arrow have super-powers, and Stephen went through extensive training to help him master archery.

He was shown videos of how archery has been portrayed inaccurately in TV and film before being taught how to shoot a bow.
Despite his outwardly macho pursuits, Stephen is also a very caring philanthropist who’s raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for cancer and mental health charities, plus a Toronto children’s hospice.

Is Stephen single?
Since 2012 Stephen has been married to second wife Cassandra Jean, star of America’s Top Model, and they have a daughter called Mavi who’s four.

His first marriage was to Carolyn Lawrence, and he’s previously admitted to having crushes on his Vampire Diaries co-star Kat Graham, and Amanda Seyfried.

Incidentally, the SA quote used above is from the following 2012 Calgary Herald article...

Taking Aim: Stephen Amell brings Green Arrow to TV
Oct. 10, 2012  Alex Strachan
http://www.pressreader.com/canada/calgary-herald/20121010/282342562070361

"After he [Stephen Amell] auditioned, everyone else just paled in comparison," Kreisberg said. "Usually, when you go into the studio and the network, you go in with multiple choices. We didn't do that. Every step of the way, it was Stephen, Stephen, Stephen. Not just physically but talent-wise, emotionally, you name it, he was always Oliver Queen to us."
Before resuming filming the series in Vancouver at the summer's end, Amell trained at the Tempest Freerunning Academy in Reseda, Calif. - the same sweat factory that trains the contenders for American Ninja Warrior, based on the Japanese competition series Sasuke.

"I had to exercise muscles I didn't even know existed, let alone had used before," Amell said, somewhat sheepishly. "My coach, Paul Darnell, was actually the double for Henry Cavill in Superman, and he had me doing things I never even considered initially."
"I had never picked a bow and arrow up before," Amell said. "I have a wonderful coach, Patricia Gonsalves, and the first thing she did was show me a 45-minute video of all the ways archery has been done badly on television and in film, before teaching me how to aim. You know, the basics.

"Working with a bow and arrow is one of the most dangerous things that you can do on a film set. You can put blank bullets in a gun. With an arrow, you're either dry-firing, or you make sure there's nobody within 180 degrees of you when you're shooting it."

Physical action is one thing, acting another. Amell says one thing that appealed to him about Queen was the faces of his personality. There's Queen the casual playboy; Queen the wounded hero; Queen the brooding Hamlet; Queen the lover; Queen the man of action, and so on.

"When I looked at the pilot, I saw four different roles," Amell explained.

"Normally they break down into the day-to-day process of filming.

We may shoot an episode where I have a day as fake Oliver in the real world right now, followed by an island day" - Amell's character is found stranded on a desert island at the story's outset - "and then there's a straight Arrow action day. It's a fun exercise. It keeps me on my toes.

"That's what intrigues me most about all this. It's a superhero show, or at least an opportunity for me to play a superhero, but I saw it first as a really interesting acting exercise."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Do articles ever usually mention SA's first marriage? Doesn't he usually refer to it as a serious relationship? And now his first wife was named. I found that surprising.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Doesn't he usually refer to it as a serious relationship?

He usually does. Maybe he wants to keep the divorce private because she doesn't want him to talk about it. Or maybe he just doesn't want people to know he got divorced once because he prides himself on being a family man. 

A few months ago someone suggested that him not talking about it might've been part of a legal settlement between the two in the divorce - he indicated on Aisha Tyler's podcast that it didn't end well (although on there he mentioned it was a "serious relationship"), so...maybe that's it?