Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

There was a lot going on at Coachella this weekend which makes me extra suspicious that this is what they choose to cover.

They're all basically saying his entire post was dumb...whoopi sounds offended..LOL

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

There was a lot going on at Coachella this weekend which makes me extra suspicious that this is what they choose to cover.

They're all basically saying his entire post was dumb...whoopi sounds offended..LOL

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm sorry but that's hilarious. The way Whoopi said Arrow was like she didn't even know what it was. LOL. 

Anything that doesn't affect Whoopie or she finds not "worth her time," she is offended by. Did she speak in her Valley Girl Voice when talking about this?

Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Anything that doesn't affect Whoopie or she finds not "worth her time," she is offended by. Did she speak in her Valley Girl Voice when talking about this?

I...have no idea? She didn't seem offended to me. And I was just talking about the first few seconds when she introduced the topic. IMO she hasn't got a clue who SA is or anything about the show. Just made me laugh. 

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I...have no idea? She didn't seem offended to me. And I was just talking about the first few seconds when she introduced the topic. IMO she hasn't got a clue who SA is or anything about the show. Just made me laugh. 

When Whoopie thinks something is stupid, she will talk like a Valley Girl, her hand to her chest, eyes rolling, and mention whatever gossip/brouha-ha, "scandal" is being talked about. That's an indication she doesn't give any figgety fucks or that she thinks it's just stupid. Because you know, only what Whoopie thinks is important is..."newsworthy."

2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

When Whoopie thinks something is stupid, she will talk like a Valley Girl, her hand to her chest, eyes rolling, and mention whatever gossip/brouha-ha, "scandal" is being talked about. That's an indication she doesn't give any figgety fucks or that she thinks it's just stupid. Because you know, only what Whoopie thinks is important is..."newsworthy."

Wow, uh...I didn't realize people had such a problem with Whoopi! LOL. I've actually never watched a single episode of The View so I really don't know what you're talking about tbh. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It made me laugh too. It was like she was making sure Arrow and SA really are a thing and they didn't give her the wrong names, LOL

Haha, exactly. It was almost like questioned it in her head like "A-rrow? Stephen Amell? Did I get that right?" Haha.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Wow, uh...I didn't realize people had such a problem with Whoopi! 

Until she showed up on The View, and revealed her ignorance and need to be the top dog, and having a hand in a couple of other co-hosts getting the boot, I used to be a HUGE fan. She should have stuck with acting. It's on rare occasions where I cheer what she has to say on that show.

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Until she showed up on The View, and revealed her ignorance and need to be the top dog, and having a hand in a couple of other co-hosts getting the boot, I used to be a HUGE fan. She should have stuck with acting. It's on rare occasions where I cheer what she has to say on that show.

Yeah, I am no regular watcher of The View but I have been so over Whoopi ever since her asinine defense of Bill Cosby. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wow, I had no idea. Good thing I don't watch!

34 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Im curious if this whole positivity attitude of JJ regarding celebs is done because they want to stay out of trouble with celebs lawyers and PR teams (JJ often posts exclusive pap pics of celebs). I always thought that the most logical reason as to why JJ never posted anything remotely spicy or even vague regarding celebs was because the celebs PR teams paid them (the win win situation) so that they are only posting pro headlines about them . I guess it could be like you said, that they want to build a specific reputation and not be seen as cheap gossip sites. Makes sense. 

Yeah, they came about around the same time as Perez and ONTD started to take off so I'm guessing they tried to differentiate themselves by being more positive. They also have a kid-friendly Just Jared Jr site so they have to be careful. The entertainment site hierarchy is fascinating. People rarely publishes anything without a comment from a star's camp or rep, Us Weekly will always at least ask for a comment (or they did before they were bought by Star) -- and then you get to the other end of the spectrum with In Touch and Life & Style, which will basically print anything. But I digress...

One of the reasons I don't believe in most of the PR theories surrounding SA is because they way he acts on social media does not suggest he has the backing of a PR team (outside of the CW's). He can still post on his own, but refining his image on social is something a PR pro would focus on just as much -- if not more -- than trying to get positive coverage. If even half of the stuff he's doing is PR-based, as many claim, he's doing it wrong.

• Love 5

While a nice sentiment, it sounds like one expressed about someone who passed away. Honest to God, I went to check when Colton last posted something after seeing that.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Trisha said:

One of the reasons I don't believe in most of the PR theories surrounding SA is because they way he acts on social media does not suggest he has the backing of a PR team (outside of the CW's). He can still post on his own, but refining his image on social is something a PR pro would focus on just as much -- if not more -- than trying to get positive coverage. If even half of the stuff he's doing is PR-based, as many claim, he's doing it wrong.

Stephen has said several times over the years on Facebook that he doesn't need a PR Team.  He knows more than they do.  

24 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Stephen has said several times over the years on Facebook that he doesn't need a PR Team.  He knows more than they do.

And yet it took him a month to figure out how to go into his page settings and change the visitor post visibility. ;)

I just saw someone one Twitter wonder how much he paid for that View mention. But that's not ... I just ... ok.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

No offense or anything, but was there nothing else going on this weekend? At Coachella even? 

Which makes this fishy. I mean since when did the view talk about a tv star that's not really famous? Because let's face it he's not that famous and I'm a big fan lol

• Love 1

This is so embarrassing omg. 

Oh, and now his wife is tweeting Whoopi. Yikes. Why are they so defensive? This is seriously not a big deal. IDGI.

Weirdos.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Uh... aren't you supposed to shower after using a saltwater pool? LMAO.

This is hilariously embarrassing. I'm so glad I don't stan any celebs so I can point and laugh at them instead. Haha.

• Love 18

This could be a lesson to keep your personal relationship mostly to yourself. Because if you allow it to become public then you have to deal with the public talking about you, I guess. Am I a bad person because I find it more hilarious and embarrassing rather than feeling sorry for them? 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Belinea said:

This could be a lesson to keep your personal relationship mostly to yourself. Because if you allow it to become public then you have to deal with the public talking about you, I guess. Am I a bad person because I find it more hilarious and embarrassing rather than feeling sorry for them? 

I feel the same way. Haha. I don't have any sympathy for them. They put their private lives out there for all to see. SA does it all the time on FB. He's invited this, whether it's right or wrong and he likes it or not. 

I'm just genuinely confused as to why they're so defensive about this. It's so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Chill, Steve. Chill.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I feel the same way. Haha. I don't have any sympathy for them. They put their private lives out there for all to see. SA does it all the time on FB. He's invited this, whether it's right or wrong and he likes it or not. 

I'm just genuinely confused as to why they're so defensive about this. It's so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Chill, Steve. Chill.

I don't know if they are defensive for real or trying to get people to talk about them.

• Love 2
Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

I don't know if they are defensive for real or trying to get people to talk about them.

Haha. IDK either. I also don't know whether I want them to shut up or keep talking to entertain me, even though it's embarrassing. LOL.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Haha. IDK either. I also don't know whether I want them to shut up or keep talking to entertain me, even though it's embarrassing. LOL.

I want a FB live, LOL. That way I can get a better idea if they are butt hurt for real. As bizarre as it sounds to me.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I don't know if they are defensive for real or trying to get people to talk about them.

Why would you even want people to weigh in on your relationship? Can't you get better PR? I mean, I get that he wants to say he changed his mind and gave something his wife liked a chance and he had a nice time with her but why can't they leave it at that?

2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Why would you even want people to weigh in on your relationship? Can't you get better PR? I mean, I get that he wants to say he changed his mind and gave something his wife liked a chance and he had a nice time with her but why can't they leave it at that?

There are celebrities that release sex tape to get people to talk about them. Fame in itself means a lot to a lot of people. The rest of us feel second hand embarrassment.

Just now, Belinea said:

I mean, I get that he wants to say he changed his mind and gave something his wife liked a chance and he had a nice time with her but why can't they leave it at that?

Better yet, why did he have to say anything at all? Why make a long ass post about the marital revelations he had at some dumb music festival? It's bizarre. IDGI. The whole thing is so weird to me. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Cassandra Jean and Stephen Amell, Hollywood's new  newsworthy couple.   The new Brangelina, perhaps.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If a couple was secure in their relationship they wouldn't need to make a big stink out of it... *shrugs* But that's just me

Or maybe they're both upset because this WAS a PR move and they paid money to be mentioned (only for it to backfire) making it a waste of money lol

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It's so bizarre. Even more proof that what he does on social media has nothing to do with PR or damage control because he doesn't know how to do either. A little-known actor on a CW show just got talked about for 2+ minutes on an internationally syndicated talk show. He shouldn't be getting defensive; he should be sending them gift baskets!

• Love 18

This doesn't have to relate to them at all because a) I don't know them and b) it is none of my business but like so many of you said if you are happy it shows, you don't need to tell everyone their grandma about it to hammer it home. But I mean if that public acknowledgment of their relationship makes them happy, then all the more power to them. 

Also, I think (I could be wrong though) she uses his last name now.  

Edited by Belinea