Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

I agree that SA doesn't take criticism well, but I think he addresses all sides, given that half the memes he reposted for Meme Monday were critical of Felicity's BF/Olicity broken up, and one about erasing Sara Diggle. 

I meant with his replies..he replied a lot this summer to a certain kind of criticism. That's the impression I got.

11 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I actually wonder if the CW PR folk even realize the O/F fans who used to organize weekly trends + alerted their followers about every tweet worth of an RT aren't doing it anymore. Those folks were getting tens of thousands of Twitter interactions for Arrow every week, and they're gone now.

One would think that someone would notice, but then I remember just how incompetent the CWPR folks are. 2 weeks of not placing in the Nielsens Social? When they used to be there almost every week? I mean, not even for the premiere? Social media buzz is probably the least expensive form of marketing. Just a few clips, maybe a photo or two? If I were Chico, I would tell the set photographer to get as many Olicity and OTA shots as possible. And then use those to build chatter. I know friends who work with graphics who can bang a new one out in less than 5 minutes. 

Some people organized a trend for Cody Rhodes' appearance. But I'm guessing not many are going to join since it's not endorsed by the usual organizers. Also, some people still resent that Stephen acknowledged the WWE fandom but didn't say anything about Arrow/Olicity fans who promoted his appearance.

• Love 11

Oh, I totally agree Chico's biased. She managed to include KC in the promo stills of almost all episodes shot before she died last season. And that's when LL barely had any scenes. You're telling me now that the set photographer only visits on the days Emily is not filming? Or that she couldn't include more shots? There was nothing of her in the first episode. Nothing in the 3rd. To be fair, there haven't been any of David at all. I get bias, having faves, I really do. But not when it's interfering with the way you do your job and may or may not be hurting your product.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 16

I mean, this is the woman who couldn't even secure the CW_Supegirl Twitter account ahead of the move to the network being announced. I don't think she does ~conspiracy theory~ shit, I think she's just the most incompetent publicist ever.

• Love 21

And what happened to all the photoshoots at SDCC that we saw BTS pics of, but nothing from the actual shoots? 

She wouldn't control the release of those photos. 

The only photos that Chico has control of are the ones the network pays for, i.e. Fight Club 2.0

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

She wouldn't control the release of those photos. 

The only photos that Chico has control of are the ones the network pays for, i.e. Fight Club 2.0

Weren't they taking pictures with the stuffed dolphin? I assumed were for the network, not the magazines.

I can't remember the time gap between the release of the Fight Club 1.0 promo and the related posters. I wonder if there will even be posters.

Edited by lemotomato
30 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Weren't they taking pictures with the stuffed dolphin? I assumed were for the network, not the magazines.

If the CW took those pictures, absolutely on Chico. If TV Guide, E!, EW, IGN etc took those photos than, not on Chico to release.

Yikes.  I guess Colton's house got robbed, if one takes his snap chat seriously.   Apparently they took all his clothes. Presumably the expensive designer brands he's been posting on Instagram.  Hollywood crime is strange. 

Edited by Delphi
Clarification
3 hours ago, bijoux said:

Maybe there was one for the premiere?

Thank you.  I only see the spoilers that are posted here, so I wondered if I was missing them or if they weren't doing them at all.

40 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Delete and repost.

Thanks.

ETA: Don't know if it was confirmed yet but Arrow's 100th episode party is this weekend in Vancouver. Also prepare for more interviews (while I prepare to avoid them).

Edited by Lily-n11
  • Love 1

Leanne hates the BF, I need these media outlets to ask the right questions. "Why give Felicity a boyfriend when you could've had her single and still write her the way you are currently?" "What purposes does keeping Oliver in the dark about Felicity's boyfriend serve" "Why the flip did you even break them up in the first place" aargh.

• Love 20

Isn't the answer to all three of those questions "Angst, baby." Or "We aren't strong enough writers to present a thoughtful, nuanced, supportive couple, so we figured we should just go ahead and get rid of it." 

• Love 19

I was 50/50 since (i believe) SPNs 200th was in LA. I couldn't remember where SPN and TVD had their 100th Parties.

ETA: TVD 100th was in Atlanta.  So they must have done something special for SPN  200th

ETAA: SPN had 2 parties for the 200th, one in Vancouver and one in LA. So they definitely did something special because it hit that huge milestone. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Heh. I don't usually comment on my own comments but I'm pretty proud that my rant about the analysis of green has gone well...green :) .  Thanks, my fellow ArrowHeads! LOL

What could that be a sign for? I'm sure there's symbolism in there, too :D

• Love 2

Does she still work on TVD? I thought she moved over to The Originals? I think The Originals are even worse - 0.3.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if she is trying to score a job in the Flarrowverse. It also puts all those buddy tweets to SA in perspective.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

A person can be nice to another ship without it being offensive to other ship. Certainly not a reason to start a petty trend, Carina doesnt even work in DCTVverse. SMH.

Edited by DCLeague
9 minutes ago, DCLeague said:

A person can be nice to another ship without it being offensive to other ship. Certainly not a reason to start a petty trend, Carina doesnt even work in DCTVverse. SMH.

Did you miss the part where she said it was the ship to end all ships? Anytime you tweet out that something is the whatever to end all whatevers, you're asking for people to disagree with you (pettiness and disagreements are how a lot of trends get started). She knows how this works. 

• Love 14

Carina knows how the SM game works. She wasn't just "being nice." She was throwing down a gauntlet that the Olicity fans picked up and ran with. 2 things about that trend that a friend pointed out to me: It was probably the first time since the start of the season, maybe even before that, that Olicity fans did something fun together. Also, it was a great reminder of how this fandom can get things done on social media. Trending spontaneously? Fucking amazing. Sure, it's Saturday morning, not much competition, but they trended. And maybe a bit of an FU to TPTB, too. Ok, the last part may just be me :P

• Love 14
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Carina knows how the SM game works. She wasn't just "being nice." She was throwing down a gauntlet that the Olicity fans picked up and ran with. 2 things about that trend that a friend pointed out to me: It was probably the first time since the start of the season, maybe even before that, that Olicity fans did something fun together. Also, it was a great reminder of how this fandom can get things done on social media. Trending spontaneously? Fucking amazing. Sure, it's Saturday morning, not much competition, but they trended. And maybe a bit of an FU to TPTB, too. Ok, the last part may just be me :P

They actually didn't trend. The photos saying that they did are basically tailored and show up on #5/#2 because a lot of people they were following were tweeting about it. In actuality the numbers weren't that great and it was at #40 on the trend list.

11 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

They actually didn't trend. The photos saying that they did are basically tailored and show up on #5/#2 because a lot of people they were following were tweeting about it. In actuality the numbers weren't that great and it was at #40 on the trend list.

Well, OK, then. 

egg+in+face.png

• Love 1