Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, sadfangirl said:

I'm really disappointed in JB - this should be a cause really close to his (and his husband's) heart. Scott isn't in hospital, he's recovering at home. Surely a friend could have stayed with him for 36 hours so that JB could raise a lot of money.  But to tell you the truth I'm not surprised by either him or KC cancelling (I just had a feeling they would).

The fact that it's only SA and DR from the entire Arrowverse is also really disappointing. Most of the rest of them are making a good income from HVFF - could they not have given up 1 day to give something back. It's all tax deductible. 

John explained what the surgery was for on his FB page in a video. A lump was found in Scott's testicle and it was removed. Thank goodness it wasn't cancerous. John is well within his bounds as a human being and tireless performer to stay home with his husband after what surely would be a distressing situation. John doesn't deserve any crap for this choice given how much he has ALWAYS done for charitable groups and has been an out and proud representative for the LGBT community. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

John explained what the surgery was for on his FB page in a video. A lump was found in Scott's testicle and it was removed. Thank goodness it wasn't cancerous. John is well within his bounds as a human being and tireless performer to stay home with his husband after what surely would be a distressing situation. John doesn't deserve any crap for this choice given how much he has ALWAYS done for charitable groups and has been an out and proud representative for the LGBT community. 

I'll explain some more why I thought JB would cancel. When HVFF Orlando was announced JB wasn't on the guest list. He announced a lot of Cons after (including other HVFF) but no mention of the charity one. He started to get a lot of comments on SM about ignoring a fundraising event for a gay hate crime, and it was only then he was added to the guest list.

That's why I was so skeptical. Not being on the list was starting to affect his image as a gay rights champion. People were calling him out.

If I'm wrong, fine, but I just look at the series of events. Not going, gets called out, then going, then just before, cancels.

He also said the other week at HVFF that he wasn't fit enough (had voice issues) to do a panel but did a singing performance at the NP party later that night.

The only people I side-eye for this whole thing are the actors who usually go to every single HVFF but aren't going to the one day charity one. Seems a bit strange, IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The only people I side-eye for this whole thing are the actors who usually go to every single HVFF but aren't going to the one day charity one. Seems a bit strange, IMO. 

Basically I'm side eyeing:

• Willa
  • Caity
  • Katie
  • Charlotte
  • Echo

And thinking about it, Katie, JFC how about you figure out your schedule before you fraking book some cons? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sadfangirl said:

I'll explain some more why I thought JB would cancel. When HVFF Orlando was announced JB wasn't on the guest list. He announced a lot of Cons after (including other HVFF) but no mention of the charity one. He started to get a lot of comments on SM about ignoring a fundraising event for a gay hate crime, and it was only then he was added to the guest list.

That's why I was so skeptical. Not being on the list was starting to affect his image as a gay rights champion. People were calling him out.

If I'm wrong, fine, but I just look at the series of events. Not going, gets called out, then going, then just before, cancels.

He also said the other week at HVFF that he wasn't fit enough (had voice issues) to do a panel but did a singing performance at the NP party later that night.

He was promoting Orlando enthusiastically on his Instagram just three days ago.  I think he intended to go.

• Love 2

In a sense this is work for them, right? I'm mean, yes, fancy party, but also being seen, making connections. If they didn't commit to something else and then change their minds and go to the party, I can't fault them.

• Love 1

I don't like CPs hair but I like the outfit.

I don't know what the others are doing. Chokers are not a good look on anyone KC. EK looks like a chef on Star Trek. I don't know what CL is wearing but I don't like it.

Speaking of chokers, KC were the same outfit at fashion week that she wore for an IG shot for her movie. What is this movie?

Ill still side eye the regulars who didn't even make a statement about not attending HVFF, but at least they didn't say they would go and then cancel for 'filming.' 

I thought the frustration at Katie and JB was because they canceled but it's because the Arrow actors aren't doing a charity event for free when they usually do cons? Ok. Are you going to the Orlando Charity event? I know travel is expensive and you might have other plans. But it's charity? So yeah I don't get the attitude. We all have our own charities we support and our own time to do what we support, love to do and of course work. I say give praise and thanks to those going to the event instead of questioning those who aren't. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 3

I really like CP's outfit but I almost always love her style.

About the charity con it doesn't look great to me when guests attend cons all the times when they get paid but once there's one to do for free for charity they are missing. It's no big deal but I'm not a fan of that, I'm a fan of SA and David's behavior instead.

• Love 7

I guess for me, the most I can be is disappointed? I mean yes the Emmy party is a place to make connections etc. But I'm pretty sure most of these people tweeted about how horrendous the incident in Orlando was... And for them to not really do the best they can to help when they obviously acknowledged how horrific that event was is what makes me side eye. 

KC however has no excuse. Sorry. She booked the con and made a commitment. She should've gone. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, bijoux said:

I found this screencap on Twitter. It's supposed to be from SA's Facebook page but I honeslty don't see it there? It's a screencap from the trailer that was dropped earlier so I'm putting it under spoilers. I don't think it actually spoils much, it's more about the aspect of the show he's chosing to promote in this instance.

Hide contents

I don't see it on SA's facebook page either.  However, if you go to his youtube channel, he's posted the new Arrow trailer under the name "Stephen Amell - October 5"...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgaxMQrorFUA1V6YyyqI3aA/videos 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Didnt know where to put this but Arrow has a casting call out for a female recurring speaking role.

https://www.claimfame.com/casting-call/score-speaking-recurring-role-cws-arrow/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ClaimFame_Extra&utm_campaign=40703-CW_Theme_MJ_09.17.2016_NGM

Rapaport/Baldasare Casting is seeking female talent for recurring speaking role on CW’s “Arrow.” The TV show, based on the DC Comics character Green Arrow, follows billionaire playboy Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), who, five years after being stranded on a hostile island, returns home to fight crime and corruption as a secret vigilante whose weapon of choice is a bow and arrow. The series takes a new look at the Green Arrow character, as well as other characters from the DC Comics universe.

Wasn't the emmy pre-party last night though? The con is only today so what any of the actors did last night has no bearing on today, IMO.

1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yeah I think if someone wanted to he/she could do both. Of course it would have been stressful to catch a flight early in the morning after the party but doable.

I have a hard time believing certain people would consider it doable when they have difficulty making it on time to cons even when they've flown in the night before. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lily-n11 said:

Put them in a room together asap!

If only it was that simple.  He may WANT to kill him finally, but I think there is zero chance of Oliver seeing him and just trying to put an arrow through him sans chit chat. 

LOL. Yeah, right. Oliver would probably just glare at him and make some comment about how he's Thea's father and then accept his help. 

And it'll never happen as long as JB has a deal for the other shows.

I am really curious how he's going to be used on LoT and also when in the time stream he will go up against that team.  It would be kind of awesome if we ever found out that Malcolm having Thea kill Sara was an attempt to rewrite history...though now that I think about it, why in the hell would he then let Laurel bring her back to life?  Yeah, time travel gives me headaches too. 

2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Wait wait. KC booked the con 2 weeks ago, cancelled  (presumably for filming her direct to DVD - if lucky movie) but instead cancelled for an emmy pre-party?  What a little shit. ?

Um...was this Emmy pre-party anywhere near Florida? No. It was in LA which also happens to be where she is filming her movie (a movie is still a movie direct dvd possibility or not). Her booking a con and having to cancel for filming possibly going longer then she thought is no different then celebrities booking movies and having to drop out due to previous movies going over schedule (hello Tom Hardy/Suicide Squad).

We don't know what charities any of these actors donate to year round, just because they do cons on a regular does not mean they are bound or obligated to do a charity con.   

• Love 3

I think @Morrigan2575''s issue is that she actually booked the con and made a commitment, but then canceled because of the Emmy pre-party. KC booked this 2 weeks in advance (which means it's likely that she had the film schedule already and she knew she wasn't filming this weekend)  AND went to the party anyways isn't a good look especially because this is a charity con. 

Whatever other charity work KC does quite literally doesn't matter because she made a commitment to this con and a commitment to help THIS particular cause and she bailed for arguably self serving reasons. 

It's just not a good look. Now if she never booked the con in the first place idk if anyone would he singling her out because a lot of people who usually go to Hvff didn't go this time which is also side eye worthy imo. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

Having a shooting schedule doesnt mean that it is 100% set in stone. There are plenty of times where Arrows schedule went on further then expected, it is common. Going to a party at night after possibly filming during the day is not bad, especially when it is in the same vicinity of where you are shooting your movie. Not to mention that there is nothing suggests she canceled Orlando just for the Pre-Emmy party.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 2

KC has been in this business for a long time. I'm sure she knew that shooting schedules aren't 100% yet she still booked it anyways which makes no sense to me. Why book something when your schedule is full of uncertainty? Sorry, but that's not a good enough excuse this time. 

KC needs to learn how to manage her schedule and learn how to not book every single con under the sun (especially a charity one) if she doesn't know what her schedule is going to be like and can't make a firm commitment. She's bailed so many times that you'd think she'd learn... But apparently not. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Her booking a con and having to cancel for filming possibly going longer then she thought is no different then celebrities booking movies and having to drop out due to previous movies going over schedule (hello Tom Hardy/Suicide Squad).

Good point! And I guess when, if ever, I get some actual facts about the situation I'd make a judgment. Same as I don't understand why ALL Arrow cast members even ones who don't go to a lot of cons wouldn't have tried to go to this one for charity considering how important the issue is for Berlanti and others associated with the show -- but since I don't have access to all their personal business AND who am I to decide what is and isn't stressful for each and every one of them, guess I can't really pass judgment on all of them, including those who booked and are going, those who booked and cancelled, and those who go to just a few cons every year but weren't even willing to book this one in the first place.

• Love 1

People do it all the time. She is human. It is no different from the example of Tom Hardy signing up to do Suicide Squad but having to drop out because his other movie went on longer than expected. Shit happens. 

Just out of curiosity since maybe someone has been keeping tabs but how many HVFF cons has she attended vs. canceled?

Edited by Primal Slayer
Just now, wonderwall said:

Those are very different situations... But ok. 

The functions may be different but the intent is all the same. He thought he could do SS so he signed up for it. Scheduling got in the way and he cancelled. Katie thought she could do Orlando so she signed up for it but scheduling got in the way and she cancelled.

I mean in the end... Yeah KC is human. But she screwed up. And making up excuses for her and whatnot is just overlooking that she screwed up. Being disappointed in her or upset with her actions isn't wrong... 

Edited by wonderwall

yah it's human nature to love judging others, and to then get mad when others turn around and do the same to us and our loved ones and favorites. It's fun when we do it and then we call unfair when it's done to us lol.

• Love 2

We all have our opinions of right and wrong and what I appreciate about this board is that we're equal opportunity draggers whether it's Emily, Stephen, David, or KC (as seen in the past). 

I personally think bailing a charity con, unless there are medical issues, is generally a crappy thing to do. 

Keep the commitments you make. Or don't make any commitments at all. 

• Love 5

How is the schedule she knows in advance not in her control? She knew exactly when she accepted the con invite that she will be already filming a movie. The weekend her appearance at the charity con was announced she said the movie is starting filming soon and the week after that it was on Monday they start shooting.  In this same thread people were questioning Johns reasoning for canceling when his husband had a cancer scare and had to be operated.

But hey we should just accept it like when she canceled the con in Belgium due to "filming" that apparently took place in Hawaii and probably included a home video. And just not dare to question a thing.

• Love 7

I think, I wouldn't be side eyeing Katie if she did not already had a known history of suddenly canceling cons a few days (at best) before she is due to attend it.
This woman is a serial canceler.

It's like having that one friend who you invite to your parties, promises to come but never shows up. Eventually you are gonna stop inviting that person.

Sooner or later con managers will start connecting the dots and stop inviting her to cons.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If it is something that is out of her control it isnt really making a mistake. If the intent was a positive one I am not going to drag her through the mud. 

Agree and you know what? People do get to make mistakes. I don't know any perfect people. But if an actor must be perfect when it comes to trying to schedule and keep every single commitment including magically forecast production and shooting schedules and possible delays, then all actors everywhere probably should never do cons, cuz shit is going to happen. I think about Colton and his issues that led him asking to leave Arrow and how great it is that so many people understand that, whereas instead people could have said: well, he should never take acting jobs or try to be an actor period if he can't be sure he won't be able to meet his commitment cuz of stress and mental health issues. I hated that Roy left the show so maybe in a way I might blame Colton and think he should never have taken that job knowing he had the problems he had, if some other actor had been cast as Roy maybe the show would still have Roy. But I understand Colton was doing the best he could and I'm glad the writers were willing to work with him. And I don't think Colton should never try for things just cuz he can't always know the outcome ahead of time.

Colton had a mental health issue he had to deal with. He did. I can't agree it's the same thing as habitually breaking con commitments.  It's kind of the opposite, since he realized that no, he shouldn't be working until he got better at managing the problem. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 15

Video clips from SA & DR panel at Fan Fest Orlando (Sep. 17) - posted on youtube by Ocean Serenity...

SA on choosing between WWE or Felicity Smoak:

-- Fan: "WWE or Felicity Smoak?" SA: "You mean, like to date?" Fan: "Just which you'd prefer."  SA: "Because wrestlers are wonderful athletes, but they are not my type... Um, I have to pick between WWE and Felicity Smoak?" Fan: "Yes." SA: "Goddammit! Yeah, but one's a fictional character, and one's my childhood obsession and, like, been a part of my life for 35 years... I'm going to pick Felicity Smoak... (Audience cheers) ... Because - and here's a little back door for me - if I was ever to wrestle Cody Rhodes again, I could just wrestle him on the independent circuit... Which might happen anyway."

DR and SA on why they're at Fan Fest Orlando:

DR on who you're working with affects how you look forward to work, and both SA & DR on who they enjoy doing fight scenes with:

DR and SA on Arrow on set humor:

DR on what he would do as Mayor of NY (Blue Bloods) if the GA vigilante showed up in NY (Arrow):

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3