Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, looptab said:

Lol, yeah I see your point, but I don't care about that. It's her money, she can do whatever she wants. 

:p I'm a stickler for money because of personal experiences tbh. My 2 biggest pet peeves are:

• Being unprofessional
  • Being irresponsible with things like money

KC is lucky to have money and to see her squander it irks me considering much more people deserve said money and would use it wisely unlike her. And being professional sort of goes hand in hand with that.

• Love 1
(edited)

A lot of people use money unwisely. I mean I have acquaintances who both make much more and half as much money than I do and I know that criteria for unwise spending really differ (both categories spend money on something I don't consider worthy and I know I do as well). So I think KC and all people have a right to do whatever they want, it's their money.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

:p I'm a stickler for money because of personal experiences tbh. My 2 biggest pet peeves are:

• Being unprofessional
  • Being irresponsible with things like money

KC is lucky to have money and to see her squander it irks me considering much more people deserve said money and would use it wisely unlike her. And being professional sort of goes hand in hand with that.

How is she using her money unwisely though? We don't know her bank account, her jobs. She is doing a video game, thats $$$ in her pocket, she goes to various cons, thats $$$$ in her pocket, whatever endorsements she does. If she has the money to travel then why not use it? She isn't a trust fund baby who has never worked a day in her life and spends money that comes from mommy and daddy. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

How is she using her money unwisely though? We don't know her bank account, her jobs. She is doing a video game, thats $$$ in her pocket, she goes to various cons, thats $$$$ in her pocket, whatever endorsements she does. If she has the money to travel then why not use it? She isn't a trust fund baby who has never worked a day in her life and spends money that comes from mommy and daddy. 

I feel like we're going around in circles here. IMO it's unwise because that's what I've been taught. You probably don't.  Let's leave it at that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, FurryFury said:

A lot of people use money unwisely. I mean I have acquaintances who both make much more and half as much money than I do and I know that criteria for unwise spending really differ (both categories spend money on something I don't consider worthy and I know I do as well). So I think KC and all people have a right to do whatever they want, it's their money.

Like I said, it's just a pet peeve of mine because I know what recklessness with money can do to people/ a family and I can't really control that I get irked by it. *shrugs*

But you're right. It's her money, she can do whatever she wants with it. 

(edited)
27 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

But she comes from a background of lots of acting and famous people. So technically she is a trust fund baby.

she is? I only knew of her father who i know acted on the The Partridge Family.. so yea, actually went and google her family tree, I have never heard of either of her biological grandparents.. they must only be well known in US culture cause like I said I have never heard of either of them. Honestly from what I can tell the most famous person in her family tree is her step grandmother Shirley Jones.

Edited by foreverevolving

I don't think I've heard of any other of her relatives either, but they could be wealthy but not well known to the public or just totally average in the money department.  I really have no idea (or, lol, do I really care) but I do find her Con antics fascinating to track.  So often we are left without any hard facts but when the same stuff happens again and again, it starts to make space for doubts vanish. 

So even though she's off Arrow, I'm still looking at current behavior to validate my impressions of her past behavior during the time when she WAS on Arrow.  I think that is the reason for my continued interest in what she's doing...than and really wanting her to get a full time gig that means she will sadly never have the time to do a cameo on Arrow, lol. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I think it would be 'creepy' if we posted every single tweet, facebook and instagram post released by KC.  But when an actor on the show that's the subject of this forum does something questionable (like cancelling a comic con appearance for filming reasons and then showing up in Maui that same weekend), then that's valid discussion (imo).  Also, I don't see anything wrong in being curious as to whether or not an Arrow actor has a new movie project.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I think every cast member (former and current) should be open for discussion. It would be weirder if KC was the only one we didn't talk about.

But I do think some of the topics related to her are little odd. Her legal status and what she spends her money on for instance are topics that almost make me uncomfortable.

Her behavior at Cons and some SM postings are interesting to me because I can relate it to BTS happenings during her time on the show. What she says about her time on the show and her character is interesting for the same reason (and you get to see the show in a new light which is kind of funny - or sad depending on how you view Laurel). It's also what we do with every actor.

Now, I will admit I find some of it annoying. Mostly when it goes on in the wrong thread. I think talk of her coming back belongs in the Hopes & Fear thread unless something concrete was reported. I think a lot of talk is more appropriate in the LL thread in regards to her head canons. 

• Love 7
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Chaser said:

. I think talk of her coming back belongs in the Hopes & Fear thread unless something concrete was reported. I think a lot of talk is more appropriate in the LL thread in regards to her head canons. 

Agree with the talk of her coming back, but I think it's trickier for her headcanons, since most of this stuff comes out at cons, and here it's where we discuss that. Also, wouldn't hedcanons, methods etc be topics for BTS? I know I've always considered them as such. Though I agree that when the convo veers away from that, it should be moved to the LL thread.  

We could all discuss and decide what goes in here and what goes elsewhere, though, so as to have some guidelines and limit the OT and not make the conversation annoying. :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

But she comes from a background of lots of acting and famous people. So technically she is a trust fund baby.

Coming from that background doesn't automatically make her a trust fund baby. We don't know if her grandparents set anything up for her and her siblings. Her father likely isn't going to be leaving anything since he has his own problems and isn't actively working. But even if she is a trust fund baby, she has been making her own money so she doesn't solely rely on someone elses money.

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

From SA's Facebook on June 25 (who is Zaco?)...

Stephen Amell The Zaco Takeover! | ARROW

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

His friend who runs Nocking Point, I think.

He's a "buddy" of SA's who also seems to be his unofficial "assistant." SA introduced us at the San Jose NP party last year ("My Buddy Zaco" was working the merchandise booth) and told me to email him (Zaco) if I ever needed anything.

• Love 2

He has very long eyelashes, it's one of the things I always notice about him on the show too.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think he should ditch the suit. My grandpa dresses like that and I think SA would look better and seem younger with a open collar shirt and no tie and vest.

• Love 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

He looks a lot older for some reason... Did anyone else notice that? Is it too much sun or the beard? IDK

I'm telling you...sun damage. 

He still looks great but yeah, he has suddenly aged a bit. Maybe all the lack of sleep is finally catching up to him too. That doesn't help.

Edited by Angel12d
28 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

He has very long eyelashes, it's one of the things I always notice about him on the show too.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think he should ditch the suit. My grandpa dresses like that and I think SA would look better and seem younger with a open collar shirt and no tie and vest.

It's interesting how something similar triggers different responses :) My grandfather used to do the whole three-piece suit thing, too. My father still does. And I always thought they looked so dapper, making me quite partial to the look. I've been enjoying the photos of SA coming out today because of that.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

It's interesting how something similar triggers different responses :) My grandfather used to do the whole three-piece suit thing, too. My father still does. And I always thought they looked so dapper, making me quite partial to the look. I've been enjoying the photos of SA coming out today because of that.

My grandpa and SA look dapper as well but I don't want to be reminded of my grandpa when I look at him hahahahaha. Maybe it's because I associate him with his role on Arrow (I refuse to watch his movie) where he has to make out with a girl who is and looks my age. I don't know.

SA and I are about the same age, I wish I could suddenly age - I'm really sick and tired of being carded or considered a younging. The other day they grilled me at the liquor store trying to buy a bottle of wine. At this point, I could have a child that could already have their license to drive, please stop questioning my license. I really am that old.

I know I'm like the only person in the world that wants to look older and I'll appreciate looking younger when I'm older. But at this point I'm just really tired of people thinking I'm way younger than I am. I even saw some grey strands in my hair, it still hasn't helped.

• Love 1

I don't understand the objections to discussing Arrow actors' immigration status. I'm not just being generally nosy, I'm pointing out that most likely KC can't stay in Vancouver, Canada, indefinitely just bc she wants to. It's not as if she's mostly living in California while spending time in New York...Canada is literally a foreign country. I know in many ways it doesn't seem like it, but it is. They have rules for non-citizens staying there, and if those rules are at all similar to the US's rules, she can't just stay bc she feels like it or likes her boyfriend or whatever. It would be the exact same discussion if it were EBR who was canned, and who moved to LA...the implication would be that she has a job in LA, bc Canadian citizens can't just living in the US indefinitely bc they feel like it. That's the whole point of international borders.

Re SA. I think he's hot. He often irritates the hell out of me, but he's a good actor, mostly, and dude's hot. I'm on board, and still totally grateful that he hasn't gone full gutty New Jersey used car salesman this hiatus.

• Love 5

According to the government of Canada website, visitors can stay in Canada for up to six months without applying for an extension. So as long as she left within the six month period, she can visit as much as she wants.

I find SA hot as long as someone else is dressing him.  That show in the airport a few months ago, with the baseball cap backwards, the too-big shorts, the flip flops and the blanket was such a turn-off.

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

According to the government of Canada website, visitors can stay in Canada for up to six months without applying for an extension. So as long as she left within the six month period, she can visit as much as she wants.

Sure, but six months will be over in a blink from now.  Her last episode was filmed months ago. She has indicated she plans to remain in Canada more or less indefinitely, which is, seemingly, a lot longer than six months. Most likely she can't just go back to the US for a couple days and restart the clock (laws generally aren't written to be rendered meaningless, and a law that the clock restarts every time the person went back over the border would make the six-month rule essentially meaningless), so the implication is that she has some other route towards staying in Vancouver, or she just means through the summer, or something else.

Btw, that's a rule for tourists/visitors. Once you get a job, you're no longer a tourist or visitor. We have millions of people who come to the US on tourist visas, but once they overstay or get a job or start school, they're no longer tourists, and have to either get the right documents...or leave. From your link's work permit section, one of the requirements to get a permit is: "prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires." http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

I would think that KC would be working other jobs, mostly in the US, and then go up to Vancouver to visit her boyfriend.  There aren't that many jobs in Canada for actresses and she's got to make a living, I assume.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I would think that KC would be working other jobs, mostly in the US, and then go up to Vancouver to visit her boyfriend.  There aren't that many jobs in Canada for actresses and she's got to make a living, I assume.

Tons of shows and a fair number of movies film in Vancouver. Her ex-boyfriend's dumb 50 Shades sequel is filming there now. And she didn't say she would go up to visit, she more or less said she planned to continue living there.

Edited by AyChihuahua
2 hours ago, kismet said:

SA and I are about the same age, I wish I could suddenly age - I'm really sick and tired of being carded or considered a younging. The other day they grilled me at the liquor store trying to buy a bottle of wine. At this point, I could have a child that could already have their license to drive, please stop questioning my license. I really am that old.

I know I'm like the only person in the world that wants to look older and I'll appreciate looking younger when I'm older. But at this point I'm just really tired of people thinking I'm way younger than I am. I even saw some grey strands in my hair, it still hasn't helped.

No, no i'm with you, i'm only 30 but I look almost 20 at best so I get carded fairly often (especially when I went out with my college classmates and friends most of whom are still in their early 20's- the joys of being an older student) i'm sure I will appreciate the awesome genes - both my mom and grandmother also look about a decade younger than they really are.

I feel your pain my friend.

3 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Sure, but six months will be over in a blink from now.  Her last episode was filmed months ago. She has indicated she plans to remain in Canada more or less indefinitely, which is, seemingly, a lot longer than six months. Most likely she can't just go back to the US for a couple days and restart the clock (laws generally aren't written to be rendered meaningless, and a law that the clock restarts every time the person went back over the border would make the six-month rule essentially meaningless), so the implication is that she has some other route towards staying in Vancouver, or she just means through the summer, or something else.

Btw, that's a rule for tourists/visitors. Once you get a job, you're no longer a tourist or visitor. We have millions of people who come to the US on tourist visas, but once they overstay or get a job or start school, they're no longer tourists, and have to either get the right documents...or leave.

Well if she'll marry her boyfriend (assuming he's Canadian) she'll be able to get citizenship.

As for SA, umm yea he does look slightly older than he did 4-5 years ago.. but I can imagine the long hours, probably the touring for turtles movie and other behind the scenes stuff we are not privy to can make anyone look older.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, foreverevolving said:

No, no i'm with you, i'm only 30 but I look almost 20 at best so I get carded fairly often (especially when I went out with my college classmates and friends most of whom are still in their early 20's- the joys of being an older student) i'm sure I will appreciate the awesome genes - both my mom and grandmother also look about a decade younger than they really are.

I feel your pain my friend.

As for SA, umm yea he does look slightly older than he did 4-5 years ago.. but I can imagine the long hours, probably the touring for turtles movie and other behind the scenes stuff we are not privy to can make anyone look older.

Thanks! The funniest thing was my sister (who is 7 yrs younger) & I went to a baseball game, I got carded - she did not & I was the one who got upset. Oh well. Genes are genes can't change it now.

I do think the heavier facial hair & sun damage is contributing to SA recent aging. I also wonder if it has something to do with his diet & exercise regimen.

Photos from EBR's photoshoot for Mane Addicts have been released.

MANE MUSE: EMILY BETT

by JUSTINE MARJAN

As the favorite blondie in CW’s Arrow, when we heard Emily Bett was game for a bold hair change, we wanted in on the action. With hair self described as “fun, flirty, and (a little) fried,” her longtime hairstylist, Calvyn Cass divulged that she came to him and said “I wanna do something crazy [with my hair], and I said okay!” As she was preparing for a SciFi role around the same time as the shoot, the opportunity to ditch her signature blonde strands couldn’t be more ideal.

Working together for about a year, Emily and Calvyn have chemistry that is infectious. “Working with Emily is probably one of the most fun experiences,” he confesses. “She’s very free and open to trying new things— the crazier the better! She’s funky and fun and she just has a great personality. [On set}, there was tons of music, we had some Prosecco. Everyone was having a good time, a little dance party happened, and everyone was getting along. This was probably one of my favorite shoot experiences, to be honest. My husband came along, it was his first time being on set with me and he’s like, ‘This is what you get to do all the time?! I wish I was doing this!'”

emily1.jpeg

emily3.jpeg

emily2.jpeg

emily6.jpeg

http://maneaddicts.com/2016/06/27/mane-muse-emily-bett/ 

There are some extra images - which turnep up huge when I tried to post them and I'm too lazy to resize them - and information about all the looks in the linked post.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, looptab said:

I like all of them. :)

Ditto. There isn't a bad one in the bunch. Here's an extra one. I'm still not a fan of the nose ring, but it makes sense with this styling.

• Love 6
(edited)

Some pics & vid clip of Matt Ryan and Michael Rowe (plus VB and SVS) from Arc Con in Brussels this weekend (Matt looks younger with dark hair and clean-shaven!  Michael has a mustache!)...

Cl3mtEWWkAA5Rrp.jpg
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Wow. EBR looks fantastic! So beautiful. I'm still not a fan of the hair color but it looks great properly styled. All of those shots are stunning.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1