Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

ROFL this is so sad. But hey KC is a gamer now and will the female lead in a game. Maybe that works out for her better.

Please let that be extremely successful so that it diverts that specific audience faaaar awaaaaay from my Felicity and Friends.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

If they ever do a BoP show I sure hope they'll cast someone who has the athleticism to pull off the character, not just the pretty face.

*coughs* Yvonne Strahovski *coughs*

• Love 10
(edited)

Does anyone have video of her saying she definitely has the gamer job? I only ask because at CoH2 she say she may be the lead.  Of course that maybe could have been because she had the offer but the deal wasn't finalized. Or it could be that she said maybe again but twitter shortened it to has the job.  

Also the horror flick she talked about something she's going to film or is she talking about that (probably) Direct to DVD movie she did before S3?

Edited by Morrigan2575
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

*coughs* Yvonne Strahovski *coughs*

OMG she would be perfect. Why did I not think of this before?!

I just figured it's just her voice?

But thinking about it they could definitely use her for the CGI of the whole video game... Picture Benedict Cumberbatch doing all the movements for Smaug.

It is gonna be a long wait for BoP show. CW got their female Superhero show that is gonna cost them a fortune. ABC is disney. NBC is all about Chicago anything right now. Fox has Gotham/Lucifer. CBS is all boys club. With that all said, I heard the Harley Quinn movie is going to be an all female movie. Maybe BC can be included in that one. 

20 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Does anyone have video of her saying she definitely has the gamer job? I only ask because at CoH2 she say she may be the lead.  Of course that maybe could have been because she had the offer but the deal wasn't finalized. Or it could be that she said maybe again but twitter shortened it to has the job.  

Also the horror flick she talked about something she's going to film or is she talking about that (probably) Direct to DVD movie she did before S3?

According to the always reliable IMDb, the only movie listed is the Wolves one. 

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

Aww but it will never make it to the TV screen.

Who said it would though? lol. That's the funny part, I don't see them saying it will make it to tv screen, that they are pitching it, trying to even make it happen. They want it to, that's a huge difference.

9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Who said it would though? lol. That's the funny part, I don't see them saying it will make it to tv screen, that they are pitching it, trying to even make it happen. They want it to, that's a huge difference.

You really think that WB/CW didnt consider making it before this? And i can guarantee you it would happen through Berlanti, but dont bet on KC being part of it. And with the rumors of BOP movie the show wont be happening.

• Love 3
Just now, Velocity23 said:

You really think that WB/CW didnt consider making it before this? And i can guarantee you it would happen through Berlanti, but dont bet on KC being part of it. And with the rumors of BOP movie the show wont be happening.

What does that have to do with anything? They passed on Supergirl who we see how that went but once again who said anything about it possibly happening? Wanting something to happen vs. saying "it's going to happen, we're trying to make it happen" are all very very veeerrrryyy different things.

Just now, wonderwall said:

I need someone to do a Chuck/Arrow crossover T_T

As long as character played by Brandon Routh doesn't show up at any point to throw a wrench into things :P

• Love 12

From what i seen Supergirl still made it a full season and will be brought to syndication numbers on the CW. And believe me getting Supergirl more season will be more important than launching another show.

CW passed on Supergirl, it went to CBS, they didn't want it so CW saw they made a mistake and took it. But who said anything about trying to launch another show? Who said anything about trying to launch a BoP show in the near future?

The idea of Gail Simone pitching a show about BoP is in no ones head but yours. She never said anything about pitching a show, KC never said anything about her pitching a show. They simply said they want a BoP show, people want a lot of things, part of life, they never said they expect it to happen or are trying to make it happen.

(edited)

Honestly I don't get the big deal... 2 people met and seemed to like one another. Big whoop. There's no point in speculating whether anything will or won't come out of it because they literally just met.

And this conversation is better suited for mind your surroundings thread anyways considering it has ZERO to do with Arrow regardless of whether KC was on the show or not.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Is that KC? She looks different in the face.

Also yeah. Gail should just change her name to Troll Simone. She baits everyone and they fall for it. I'm a bit embarrassed for KC tbh. 

KC looks younger, prettier.  Rested? 

Also has KC ever worked with Barrowman?  I know their stunt doubles did in 4-9, but has she?  I mean since season one I guess. 

Edited by BkWurm1
27 minutes ago, bijoux said:

They did in 409 when he called her out on her bondage outfit. A sentimental favorite of mine.

This is why I love Malcolm in that I hate him but I love him way. He's like Crowley on SPN. I want Crowley dead because of all the crap he's done but man I love his snark. And when they let Malcolm be snarky on Arrow...it's great. I'm not gonna lie I really want Malcolm to go back to being Oliver's No. 1 enemy. Anyway I'll take my other thoughts to the Arrow thread.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I just figured it's just her voice?

But thinking about it they could definitely use her for the CGI of the whole video game... Picture Benedict Cumberbatch doing all the movements for Smaug.

They can mocap the arm crossing.

• Love 3
(edited)

KC panel at MegaCon in Orlando, FL, this weekend (I don't think this is the full session, but about 20 minutes of it)...

Katie Cassidy Panel at MegaCon 2016!
Published on May 29, 2016, by Nerds and Beyond

-- Fan asked how much of the Black Canary's fight scenes were KC doing them.  KC replied that she can't take full credit, she went through training and learned how to fight, but she had a really amazing stunt double. She estimated that she did about 40% of her stunts while her stunt double did the other 60%, "because, you know, there's insurance and they - with the actors, you don't really want your actors jumping off of buildings and, you know, being run over by cars.  They just don't. You can't quite risk that. So we do have an incredible stunt team and her name - my stunt double - her name is Atlin. She's unbelievable. She used to be in Cirque du Soleil. And she's this incredible, um, stunt double, and she just knows how to transform into the actor that she's playing, um, and literally her physique - she watches us, like how we move, and she's really good at mimicking all of that... I certainly have to give her major props. She's an incredible person as well."  Panel mod then praised KC for doing "almost half" of her own stunts, but KC responded, "A little less than half."  She said that she thought she could do most of the stunts, but things like jumping off buildings and the ziplining were done by Atlin.

-- Fan asked how she got her role in the DC Universe and whether it was by audition or choice.  KC: "Yeah, um, it definitely was - it was an audition.  I read the script - I was reading pilots that year and I read Arrow and, you know, the pilot - Laurel's character, it wasn't - she wasn't very big in the pilot. But I did some research, obviously the comic books, having Greg Berlanti being our producer and creator, and Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim, and then Stephen Amell got cast, and you know, David Nutter was directing our pilot - the whole thing, you know, the success of all of them being attached to such an incredible script, and that whole world, you know - I just  where it possibly could potentially go. And, um, I really wanted to do some action and knowing that Laurel Lance turns into the Black Canary, um, you know - that was a huge, huge thing for me. And, um, yeah... I think that just playing a comic book character and being a woman - you know, a modern day woman and kicking some ass is definitely what I - what I was attracted to, um, along with everything else." Panel mod then asked, "So you were cast before Stephen?"  But KC replied, "No, I was cast right after Stephen." Mod: "Directly right after Stephen?"  KC: "Yes, and I did actually audition."  She also said that SA was not part of the approval process, mentioning that he had not done much before Arrow.  She also said that she followed him on twitter before SA knew that she was the producers' choice, and thought he was "really hot".  Per KC, Stephen noticed that she had followed him on twitter and he went to the producers and said, "Katie Cassidy just followed me on twitter. Is she? Are you?" and they were like, "yeah... what do you think of that?" and Stephen was like, "I like that". 

-- Fan asked who was her favorite actor.  KC said that she loved working with Paul Blackthorne, and audience cheered. She then said that John Barrowman was "awesome," and audience cheered very loudly.  KC: "So definitely, the two of them."

-- Fan asked how it felt "to have originated such an iconic female character" from the comic books. KC replied, "I mean, it's obviously -it's been an honor and it's been such an amazing, truly, uh, experience and journey that... you made me cry... (Audience goes "ahhh") ... that I'm so grateful for. And the fact that everybody, you know - it means a lot to me and I know, to our cast and writers and I know I can speak for everyone involved with Arrow - in fact, Flash, Legends - we're just so grateful and lucky to have fans like you who, you know, welcomed us and, you know, were open to seeing us sorta try to recreate, you know, the - coming out of the comic books. And, um, it truly has been an experience and I will always, always, you know, hold close to my heart and cherish and I just appreciate it and I'm honored that I got to portray such an awesome, kickass, you know, comic book character and strong woman."

-- Fan asked which costume she liked better, Black Canary or Black Siren.  KC replied that that was "such an unfair question" and then said that she got to "sort of create" the Black Canary costume with Maya. She got to do little things to add her "own flavor" to the costume, like the "fishnet biker gloves."  She appreciated that costume being more buttoned-up "because poor Caity Lotz - you know, when she was the Canary - well, yeah, [unintelligible words] the Black Canary - well, it's complicated. But when Caity Lotz first came onto the show, she was freezing while she was there because she was more exposed and we're shooting in Canada. So I always felt so bad for her. So I was grateful for that - it was more buttoned up. However, it was definitely a breath of fresh air putting on the Black Siren costume. But then again, having said that, that was very cold because I was more exposed in that costume than I was in the Canary. But they were both awesome." She was always more enthusiastic when she went in for a superhero costume fitting than when she went in for a lawyer costume fitting.

-- Fan asked what it was like working with SA. KC replied that he was fantastic and a great actor, and that doing this for almost five years, they're like a big family in Vancouver.  She also said that he "knows this world inside and out." She said that it's been amazing to see how he's grown from season 1 to the end of season 4, saying, "He's - I mean, he's definitely, you know, basically up there producing the show almost, you know, because he's there all day and it's hard work." She also said that he does a good job and is a professional, and that she's "grateful to have had such a good co-star."

-- Fan asked which character she enjoyed playing more, Black Canary or Black Siren. KC replied that she loved both, but Black Canary was "so much closer" to her because she played her for so long, while she only played Black Siren for one episode so far, saying "I do hope there will be more."  She then said that playing a villain was "really fun." 

-- John Barrowman crashed her panel at this point. They did this little bit about KC having a "back nap" on JB's back.

-- The panel mod asked JB to explain the "void that's obviously on Arrow" right now with her loss and how it is on set.  JB said that it was "probably one of the hardest days for everybody to do - and particularly with Katie having to deal with that, and I must say she handled it wonderfully." He said that it was "tough" when you know a character's going to be dying on the show because "Katie was the person who was there with Stephen at the very beginning, who built the show. Right? So... (Audience cheered and clapped) ... However, we know as actors and actresses - we know that things change, things develop, and in order to keep things like a 'drama', you have to change things. And it was a difficult thing. And I remember when you found out, it was - we were about to go on to a panel in New Jersey, and you told me about it and we stepped on and da, da, da, da, da - and we were doing the whole panel. And she was being bubbly, being herself, a true professional, and the last question somebody asked - remember this? - somebody said, 'who's in the grave?' And we all went, 'mmmh?' Because we knew. We'd just been told. And then we realized how difficult those questions are from you guys because we take it so personally. And we had to step away from it, didn't we? ... We lied. We did a Jon Snow."

-- JB revealed that originally he was supposed to be standing next to Laurel when she got stabbed.  But he said he told the director that Malcolm couldn't be there because if he was there, he would've helped her.  He noted that Malcolm had saved Laurel before at the end of season 2, when Laurel then turned and said to Malcolm, "Thank you for saving me, but I wouldn't do the same for you." So the love that Malcolm had tor the team meant that he had to be separated, and he was moved to the other side of the room but they didn't keep the shot of his face when she got stabbed because they didn't want to show Malcolm being "empathetic and worried."

-- JB said that "yes, there was a void" but that KC was "a strong woman" and would "go on to do many great things."

ETA: There are lots of videos posted of JB's panel at MegaCon at this weekend - just go to youtube and search his name.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
Just now, looptab said:

Am I remembering it wrong, or did she slightly change the story of how she came to the show? 

Oh no you definitely don't remember wrong. The one thing she kept from the original story is that she followed SA on Twitter before he knew she got the part.

The part about reading or not the source material changes every time too, in fact the tale here is rather fuzzy. For example at the beginning she said she didn't read the comics because she didn't want to be influenced in her performance, than that of course she did and than she asked GJ if he read the comics. LOL

• Love 10

My favorite bit is the 40:60 part. Suuure. And I don't even think actors necessarily have to do their own stunts. If they're believable enough physically before the stunt double steps in and the scene is then shot so that you can't spot the difference, I don't really give a damn.

• Love 4

LOL, yes. I don't get why she insists so much on telling she does her own stunts. Everybody should take the Colton approach.

Also, John Barrowman, I love you, but..Malcolm cares so much about the Team? so much that he was fine with being under the dome while the world got nuked, a world which includes Team Arrow? *facepalm*

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, looptab said:

LOL, yes. I don't get why she insists so much on telling she does her own stunts. Everybody should take the Colton approach.

What's his approach?

(edited)
20 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What's his approach?

He always gave full credit to his stunt double, jokingly saying that he was the real Arsenal. Never went on and on about doing his stunts, he has always admitted he didn't do them, but the double did. 

Edited by looptab
  • Love 8

That's a great approach. If you can do your own stunts, great. If your stunt double does most of them and you give them credit, also great. From what I've seen Willa does the same.

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, bijoux said:

That's a great approach. If you can do your own stunts, great. If your stunt double does most of them and you give them credit, also great. From what I've seen Willa does the same.

Yes, Willa has no problem saying she doesn't do the majority of her stunts as well. And it's not a big deal, honestly. But maybe KC wants to be on par with Stephen, Caity, and David (I think he does a lot of his own stunts, too?)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 6