Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, bijoux said:

Here's a scary thought. Isn't Poppy loosely based on Shado from Year One? And didn't Shado rape Ollie in the comics? So I guess they could actually have non-consentual sex. Because there's a dearth of horrifying things that have happened to Oliver and one more needs to be piled on.

But seriously, I don't think that's happening. Oliver is pretty much the writers' torture puppet, but they haven't really gone in the direction of sexual crimes and I doubt they'll head towards it now. ER is probably excited for a bitchin' showdown between Poppy and Reiter.

No, she is based on Taiana from Year One, not Shado. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Just to add Shado was not in The Year One comic, she (first?) appeared in The Longbow Hunters.

As @Midnight Lullaby said Taiana is based on the Taiana character from Year One, with a few changes that didn't seem to matter (probably because they had the chemistry of a wet noodle)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Here's the video for the full Q&A with David Ramsey at the Extra facebook:

I don't think he says anything super spoilery, but just in case, he does talk about the finale, and his hopes/ideas [very general stuff] for S5.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

A guy said this? But I thought only fangirls liked Olicity...? I am SHOCKED, I tell you!

But I thought Felicity was universally despised or something? Are you telling me that unilateral statement is untrue??? Gasp!

• Love 17
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

But I thought Felicity was universally despised or something? Are you telling me that unilateral statement is untrue??? Gasp!

I don't know what to do with myself. Nothing I've been told is real. 

• Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I don't know what to do with myself. Nothing I've been told is real. 

I was told this is the Felicity and Friends show and apparently rumor has it that's not true either?!

THIS IS SO UPSETTING.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

I was told this is the Felicity and Friends show and apparently rumor has it that's not true either?!

THIS IS SO UPSETTING.

It's...it's not? But fans made fan art about Felicity and Friends. Why would they make fan art about a show that doesn't even exist?

My brain hurts.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It's...it's not? But fans made fan art about Felicity and Friends. Why would they make fan art about a show that doesn't even exist?

My brain hurts.

That my dear, would be fan talk!

But we all know why ;)

50 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

A guy said this? But I thought only fangirls liked Olicity...? I am SHOCKED, I tell you!

I'm a shitty fanboy, do I have to turn in my badge?

• Love 3
(edited)

From DR's Extra Facebook Q&A (video posted above)...

-- Asked to describe how things are with each of the characters at the end of this season, DR:

"It's messed up... No one's happy.  And, as you know, Laurel passed away so we're still dealing with that. Diggle particularly is dealing with the guilt of that. Killed his brother, too, so that's not good. And, uh, so we're all in various stages of shock and grief - still, even at the end of the season."

-- Asked if he thought Olicity was endgame, DR: "Of course! Hello? It's Olicity. Yes, Olicity is endgame. But, it's going to be very interesting as to how they get there. Um, to be honest with you, I don't know exactly where the writers want to take it all the way, all the way. So I think it's a 'yay' but I really don't know. That's a producer question. But I think it is."

-- Asked if he could tell a funny story about him, SA and EBR, DR: "You know, it's fart jokes... it's dumb, stupid fart jokes."

-- Asked about what Diggle will be doing in S5, DR:

"The team is fragmented by the end of season 4 and Diggle is a broken man." He doesn't know what will happen with Diggle next season, although the writers told him a few things and there's a lot to explore with Diggle.  He personally wants to find out about Diggle's parents. As for Diggle lying to Lyla, DR: "A day of reckoning will come for him facing his wife."

-- Asked if Oliver and Diggle will fight side by side next season, DR said that he personally thinks that "one of the best parts of the show" is when Oliver and Diggle are out in the field and Felicity is on the comms helping them.  He would love to see more of that next season.

-- DR said that Diggle will

have a new helmet next season.

-- DR said that right now Diggle doesn't have a job and he has a sugar mama (Lyla).  He noted that Oliver also has no job and a sugar mama (Felicity) right now.

-- DR said that the writers are aware that fans want more Delicity scenes.

-- DR agreed with fans that he wants more Diggle action scenes and more Diggle & Lyla scenes. He also noted that Lyla is in charge of the Suicide Squad and wants to see how that affects Diggle and their marriage. He also noted that baby Sara upstages every scene.

-- Asked for his favorite Diggle moment this season, DR mentioned his scene with KC at the bar, talking about his brother being alive, and his scene with SA & EBR when Felicity tells the guys to sit there and hash out their problems like adults.

-- Asked if he thinks Oliver will run for Mayor again, DR said that he didn't know but hoped so.

-- DR mentioned Supergirl coming to The CW and the crossover.

-- DR said that he's been doing a lot of the fighting (except for stunts like going through a wall) and that SA has also been doing a lot of his fighting.

-- Asked if baby Sara will ever get a little brother or sister, DR said that he didn't know.

-- DR said there were tons of funny moments and that it's hard to stay in character when SA and JB are on set.

-- DR really wants to get back to the fighting and to OTA solving the crime.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

All the people going "Aww" at that photo of him and Mavi in that clip from Kelly and Michael. :)

Also, you can deny all you want, Stephen, but I will never not believe that she is called Maverick because of Top Gun.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

Eh, he kind of dragged down Afterbuzz's show last week. I hope he doesn't do the same to theStream's. Those are like the only two aftershows I watch for Arrow anymore, so I'd rather not have either of them not be with their normal panel for the last episode of the season.

2 hours ago, looptab said:

All the people going "Aww" at that photo of him and Mavi in that clip from Kelly and Michael. :)

Also, you can deny all you want, Stephen, but I will never not believe that she is called Maverick because of Top Gun.

I was unaware that it was supposed to be after anything other than Top Gun, especially in light of his appreciation for Tom Cruise's career.

the best thing about that interview is Kelly's dress. I want it yesterday. The rest is pretty boring.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I was unaware that it was supposed to be after anything other than Top Gun, especially in light of his appreciation for Tom Cruise's career.

the best thing about that interview is Kelly's dress. I want it yesterday. The rest is pretty boring.

I did learn new stuff about Toronto for trivia. Kelly's dress was divine.

That naming story is just a little odd, I think it works better over the dinner table with friends than on national TV. Plus who names a girl after Tom Cruise Movie? And I love Tom Cruise and Top Gun, but even I have limits.

Lastly, if that is how Seal interviews - I'm not sure he'll be on the short list. There was just no chemistry between him & Kelly. Although maybe he was uncomfortable after SA poorly delivered story of adoration or the whole baby-making comment.

(edited)

I'm posting this article here (instead of in the Starling City Times thread) because it's an interesting behind-the-scenes look at Arrow stunts both in general and in 423 specifically - James Bamford and stunt coordinator J.J. Makaro talk about stunt-making and also how they created Oliver's S4 finale battle with Damien Dahrk...

'Arrow' Stunt Team Breaks Down 'Braveheart'-Esque Season Finale Action Sequence
MAY 25, 2016 6:00pm PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-season-finale-action-sequence-897510

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

He already talked about the name of his daughter on the same show. Maybe they run out of questions easily and therefore ask the same ones all the time.. It is around 2.05

(edited)

From COH2 in Birmingham on May 15 (AUDIO only) - Part 1 was previously posted at the top of page 405...

Stephen Amell/ OTA panel Part 2
Published on May 26, 2016, by Tanavi P.

I only transcribed a few parts:

-- SA: "So maybe the theme for season 5 can be 'everything that's old is new again.' ... Some old school stupid training sequences. Shirtless for no reason. Kill a bunch of guys... Maybe some greasepaint...." SA promised that he'll do the salmon ladder next season.

-- On when they knew they could push the perimeters of the show to introduce the supernatural and superpowers and whose decision it was to do so, SA: "There's a bunch of things in play here. Television is a business. Warner Bros. owns Arrow. Warner Bros. sells Arrow to Sky1. SkyTV? Sky1? Which one? (audience says, "Sky1") Exactly... And it's their responsibility to package it in a good way. So Arrow is packaged. And we spend the entire year going, 'this is the superhero show with no... superpowers,' right?  Then, out of nowhere - and if anyone says they knew it was coming, they're coming - the pilot comes out and it pops. And it gets a big rating on The CW.  And all of a sudden, ... it's one of the breakout shows of the fall. And I think from the 2012 slate, it may in fact be the only one left. And it's been almost, incredibly, supernaturally - no pun intended - consistent in terms of ratings, and in terms of viewers, and in some instances and in some place, it's actually gone up a little bit.  So it's the show with no superpowers. Then DC, WB, go to Greg Berlanti and say, 'would you like The Flash?'  And they go, 'of course we would.'  And bam, Arrow has superpowers. Speaking of superpowers... (Audience starts cheering loudly at this point when EBR and DR enter the stage.) Thought we'd bring you a little treat."

-- SA: "We have spent an incredible amount of time together over these past four years." EBR echoed this statement.

-- SA gave DR some grief over spilling too much of the season finale the day before. SA: "In terms of it being the three of us, that will make a lot of sense when you see the finale. You see, David, that's how you answer a question."

-- In response to fan asking how they felt when they found out it was Laurel who was in the grave, EBR said that she cried, but DR said that he was "f*ckin' so happy" that it wasn't him.  He then said that everyone was sad. They all said that it was very emotional shooting the hospital scene. SA said that he heard right after KC heard when he was in NJ just when the storm was about to hit [the HVFF in January]. He said that it was "a testament to [her] professionalism" that she got the news that night and showed up in NJ the day after and smiled in pictures and signed autographs. He said that they'll miss her.

-- In response to fan asking about more strong female characters on the show, SA said that one of his favorite characters was the Huntress and that they can't bring her back because the actress booked another job.  DR mentioned a scene where Diggle is talking about how awesome Felicity is to Oliver and says, "I know how you feel about her because I married a woman just like her," and said that Lyla is one of those strong female characters.  He also said that he was asked why baby Sara was on Diggle's back when Diggle was on the motorcycle during the chase scene and said, "she can take it."  SA then said that they need a female Big Bad.

-- In response to fan asking about karaoke competition, SA said that they would compete with "Jared and Jensen" [Supernatural guys]. SA and DR sang a few lines of 'Ebony and Ivory' to EBR. (DR and EBR then exited to audience applause.)

-- SA: "I think that everyone will be satisifed with the ending of season 4. I think that promises are honored, the characters are honored, and everyone is on a new and interesting journey... It doesn't feel like a series finale, it certainly feels like a season finale... Last year felt like a series finale... Most importantly, there's a little pop of intrigue, right at the end that I think is really going to jazz people up for some new, interesting stuff in season 5.  And it's going to continue on one of my favorite parts of season 4."

-- In response to fan asking about what we can expect for Olicity at the end of season 4 and into season 5, SA: "I think that Emily - Oliver & Felicity's relationship is, um - it's in a very mature place - that's where we leave it. And I think there's a little bit of certainty towards the end of the season as to what the future's going to hold for them... But I don't know if we have any firm resolution. We certainly don't have the type of firm resolution that we had in season 3 where they were literally driving off into the sunset. We certainly don't have that this year."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, tv echo said:

-- DR really wants to get back to the fighting and to OTA solving the crime.

Yes, please, can we have this again? Also, D.Ramsey is my dream president of the OTA fan club and there are no words to express how much I lurve him.

• Love 8

I'm with DR.  Aside from Slade in S2, none of the big bad storylines have worked very well (I don't really count Malcolm in S1 in this category, BTW) so I'm not sure why TPTB insist on sticking with them other than "because comics".  I much prefer the VOTW approach with an overarching mystery leading up to the season finale similar to what happened in S1.  It seems like with the DC supervillain approach they're currently using superpowerless Oliver inevitably gets sucked into trying to fight superpowered bad guys and then the wheels come off.

• Love 13
(edited)

Fringing! It's a thing. 

Would that be considered a fridging though?

I wonder what more there could've been to her story in the context of the show? Examining her feels (or lack thereof) over getting that innocent dude killed after he took the fall for her?

Edited by apinknightmare

Poppy's Twitter is second hand embarrassment.  She seems to think her role was super important. Completely unaware of audience reaction. She doesn't seem to be able to recognize a troll either. 

Remember she hashtagged SDCC? It doesn't look like anyone filled her in because she said she is hoping to go.  

• Love 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Poppy's Twitter is second hand embarrassment.  She seems to think her role was super important.

This is every single actor I've ever met ever, though.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 10

I really feel bad for her. I remember when news came out she was playing the flashback love interest and the Twitter was reacting like it usually does — with panic. I hoped then that people would be polite, treat her kindly, give her a chance. But as soon as the episodes aired, no one even seemed to give a damn. And this was before we became aware of the amount of "suckage" the FBs would reach. Didn't she post a photo sorta implying a sex scene between her character and Oliver? She was in bed, blanket arrange to show the naked shoulders? Did I just imagine that? 

(edited)
12 hours ago, Chaser said:

Poppy's Twitter is second hand embarrassment.  She seems to think her role was super important. Completely unaware of audience reaction. She doesn't seem to be able to recognize a troll either. 

Remember she hashtagged SDCC? It doesn't look like anyone filled her in because she said she is hoping to go.  

I don't know, part of me thinks she's trolling back? Or at least, I want to believe she is aware that it was a major fail and taking it with humour, because the other alternative is too sad. :)

13 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

They have a dude up in Vancouver who does local casting. Sean Cossey, I think, is his name.

Isn't he the guy who cast EBR? One extreme to the other, haha.

Edited by looptab
(edited)

I think at some point, talking about casting, DR mentioned how she went through the process in Vancouver? Rapaport sure likes to take the credit, though. IDK.

Edited by looptab
1 hour ago, looptab said:

I think at some point, talking about casting, DR mentioned how she went through the process in Vancouver? Rapaport sure likes to take the credit, though. IDK.

yeah, i have no idea. i thought she was picked via the guy in Vancouver but, then someone linked me to Rapaport claiming he cast her.  i think this was around SJ HVFF or thatthat article he did about all the casting he's done for Arrow/CW