Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Megalyn

Megalyn is there? 

I'm not clear whether they are not there at all or they are just not doing press. I thought EBR was in New York?

Edited by looptab
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

Megalyn is there? 

I'm not clear whether they are not there at all or they are just not doing press. I thought EBR was in New York?

Yeah she's there. 

And yeah ebr is in nyc

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

Considering I am one of the people who got personally affected by this, then I can tell you, yes, it is that bad.

I'm very wary of posting pics of myself online. After seeing no less than 6 different Twitter accounts tweet the photo in no less than 10 minutes, I went into a half panic attack. Crying, shaking, half hyperventilating. 

Besides, the issue isn't limited to whether or not you're featured in the photo -- it's that I paid to have a personal photo taken, and as such, I should get to choose whether or not it's ever published online. I or any of the others didn't get that choice here.

THIS, exactly all this. @Soulfire, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, looptab said:

Megalyn is there? 

EBR is in NYC they're just apparently not allowed to do press/red carpet. may not even be at the event.  however  carlos and JLM are at the red carpet. no idea about DR or Echo

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, looptab said:

Megalyn is there? 

There are more activities related to the Upfronts after the press interviews and presentations. The rest of the cast might be there for the parties afterward. 

That said, badly done, CW. I guess the shafting of Arrow and Flash in favor of Supergirl has already started.

• Love 4
Just now, lemotomato said:

There are more activities related to the Upfronts after the press interviews and presentations. The rest of the cast might be there for the parties afterward. 

SA said that he's going to a screening of TMNT 2 tonight, so he won't be at the party. Hopefully someone from the show will be.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

That said, badly done, CW. I guess the shafting of Arrow and Flash in favor of Supergirl has already started.

it's not shafting Arrow and Flash. Well at least not Flash. Carlos and JLM bit did press/red carpet and are at the event.

So why not the women?  that's what is killing me.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, kismet said:

I'm kinda torn between disliking that and also appreciating it at the same time. I'm sure when people paid for the pictures, they in some way signed their rights of the picture over to the company. However, they did not expect them to be posted across the internet. If I was in a picture and complete strangers were distributing it to wherever they wanted to without my permission/knowledge, I might appreciate being edited out of the photo. Perhaps the cropping is done out of respect of other people's privacy.

See,  I'm of a different mind.   The way I see it,  is that I consider myself a reasonably attractive guy and if I'm going to spend a ton of money to take pictures with Stephen and Emily,  or any of the cast really I would not mind the pics being spread through the web, I'd be more like "Hell yeah,  look at the fruits of my fan boy obsession, I have pics with these sexy people that I admire. " I mean, of course I'd share pics on here because honestly none of my friends would give a crap about the picture other than wondering why I spent so much money on it, I'd want fellow fans to see me and Emily together.    But perhaps that's just a result of my social media fixation and having no qualms about privacy.  

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

it's not shafting Arrow and Flash. Well at least not Flash. Carlos and JLM bit did press/red carpet and are at the event.

So why not the women?  that's what is killing me.

Oh, I didn't know they were there too. I had only seen pics of SA and Grant. CV and JLM being there while leaving out DP and CP is ridiculous.

Geez, does that mean SA is the only one repping Arrow? I haven't seen anything about DR.

Edited by lemotomato
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

"Don't worry, men 18-49! Women are only important in two of our superhero shows! The others have only manly men with explosions and stuff for you guys!"

The network also pushed iZombie and The 100 to mid-season shows. Two of their shows that feature a female character as the lead character. This "too female" thing must be contagious.  

• Love 8

Caity Lotz is there. So is Vixen. But why exclude Candice, Danielle, Emily and Willa specifically? I can't imagine CL and ME are bigger draws. Is it because their characters are "kickass"? In costume and mask? Willa's Speedy falls in that category. I'm genuinely baffled by this. And I thought Greg Berlanti learned his lesson from that Heroes and Villains thing when only Katie Cassidy was on the stage with a lot of dudes. Didn't Berlanti say something like "buck stops here"? The CW is giving me a headache too early in the morning #problematic

• Love 7
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Caity Lotz is there. So is Vixen. But why exclude Candice, Danielle, Emily and Willa specifically? I can't imagine CL and ME are bigger draws. Is it because their characters are "kickass"? In costume and mask? Willa's Speedy falls in that category. I'm genuinely baffled by this. And I thought Greg Berlanti learned his lesson from that Heroes and Villains thing when only Katie Cassidy was on the stage with a lot of dudes. Didn't Berlanti say something like "buck stops here"? The CW is giving me a headache too early in the morning #problematic

Berlanti flat-out said that the network is the one who decided who would be included at upfronts. So the buck stops with him except when it doesn't, I guess?

• Love 10
(edited)

Wait, so only CL and ME are there? I guess it's fortunate that WH isn't there otherwise we'd be looking at a 'only heroes are the ones who wear costumes' situation. Because EBR, CP and DP don't wear costumes on their shows and oh, look at that! They're not there. Smh.

Edited by Angel12d

I understand why CL, Megalyn, and Melissa have to be there because they're essentially the leads of their respective shows. What I don't get is why Carlos Valdes and Jesse L Martin are there for Flash while their female counterparts, Candice Patton and Danielle P are not. And it seems no one from Arrow was invited except SA, so again, Arrow getting the worst treatment out of all the shows.

• Love 5
(edited)

Megalyn has no business being at the CW Upfronts event (after parties sure but not the morning event).

this is for the CW Primetime schedule, not the CW Seed. this is a media event to set ad rates (commercials).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

At this point I have to wonder if the network has just reached the point where it no longer will promo Arrow and just ride it out for however long they can like they have done with Supernatural.  If that's going to be the case, I think I'd rather they wrap things up neatly in S5 and move on rather than drag the show out until it dies a slow death.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, NumberCruncher said:

At this point I have to wonder if the network has just reached the point where it no longer will promo Arrow and just ride it out for however long they can like they have done with Supernatural.  If that's going to be the case, I think I'd rather they wrap things up neatly in S5 and move on rather than drag the show out until it dies a slow death.

I say season 6 so I can get at least 1 season without those god awful flashbacks. Also I may not be ready to let go of Diggle/Felicity/Oliver just yet :( A year can go by so quickly! Next thing you know it's almost the end of S5

• Love 4
(edited)

I think she deleted this tweet, but Carina Mackenzie said this about why EBR isn't at the upfronts:(there's currently a bit of debate on twitter about whether the people absent from Upfronts chose not to be there)

ruevRVG.jpg

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
(edited)
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

No, not when you're employed by a show on the network.

Ohhhhh I didn't know she wrote for a show on the network... LMAO disregard my last post then. Yeah. It was a dumb move tweeting that in the first place considering where she works.

Edited by wonderwall
Just now, lemotomato said:

If the network didn't want to catch flack for excluding the women, then they should have just invited them. Greg Berlanti's tweet blamed the network for the situation too.

Especially after the whole #TooFemale flack CBS got, I find it ridiculously stupid that CW would make this oversight.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

If the network didn't want to catch flack for excluding the women, then they should have just invited them. Greg Berlanti's tweet blamed the network for the situation too.

I kinda can't with his answer. He's the CW's super-producer. All he would have had to do is call the head of the CW, whose phone number I am POSITIVE he has in his iPhone. Like, way to duck responsibility, dude.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm probably just projecting my disgruntledness, but SA looks like this in most of the pics I've seen of the event (not really smiling while everyone else around him is grinning):

Ci1GGk2WgAAytm4.jpg:large
Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1