Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Yup. That's all they want, people to attack Katie and Cassandra, you've unraveled our web of secrets.

Seriously though, she's constantly going through instagram and taking stuff down only to put it up again later. I wouldn't read anything into it.

• Love 2

WGFestival interview with MG from April 16 (talked mostly about how he got into the scriptwriting business, advice for aspiring writers, and having your own voice)...

WGFestival 2016 - Marc Guggenheim
Published on Apr 18, 2016, by Scripts & Scribes

• Love 1
Charlotte Ross ‏@charlotteross

And..that's a wrap for #smoaknlance season 4 @CW_Arrow Grateful for everyday I got to work w/@PaulBlackthorne ❤

CgWzOh6VAAAcv-i.jpg

2:49 PM - 18 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/charlotteross/status/722180392942313472

David Ramsey‏@david_ramsey

Arrowseason4 wrap.

I am grateful. Thank you all. @ Vancouver, British Columbia https://www.instagram.com/p/BETzRooF7HE/

10:15 AM - 17 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/david_ramsey/status/721748924860669953

John Barrowman MBE ‏@Team_Barrowman

That's a Wrap on season 4 #bARROWman JB http://facebook.com/JohnBarrowmanOfficial/videos/1167122079964879/

9:43 PM - 18 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/Team_Barrowman/status/722284396112384000

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Yeah that a little weird. Did she go back to blonde or is the light in the pics making it look lighter? Or is the color just fading?

She's definitely put blonde in her hair. You can tell in her IG video she put up 2 days ago.

Yup. That's all they want, people to attack Katie and Cassandra, you've unraveled our web of secrets.

Seriously though, she's constantly going through instagram and taking stuff down only to put it up again later. I wouldn't read anything into it.

Somebody actually was going at Katie pretty hard about that picture. Accusing her of trying to steal Stephen. They even tagged Marc, Stephen, and his wife in the comments. I can see not wanting to deal with crazy over a dumb picture.

ETA: technical question, does every show employ storyboards?

All animated shows do. Several genre shows storyboard their live action shots to coordinate set production and camera work.

• Love 1
ArrowWritersRoom ‏@ARROWwriters 

Lots of questions about that amazing picture to go along with our jealousy... #2MoreDaysYall

10:27 AM - 19 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/status/722476680279818240

Arrow Prod. Office ‏@ArrowProdOffice

Say cheese! Thanks @VanFilmStudio for @momsgrilledchz! Only 2 more shooting days of #ArrowSeason4!

CgXhxY5UkAI-Ukh.jpg

6:13 PM - 18 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/ArrowProdOffice/status/722231599354535936

Edited by tv echo

I was going to say that the IG could have been old, but then it occurred to me that KC's hair was super interesting when we were trying to figure out if she was in the grave or not but now that we know I'm much less interested.

• Love 4

I was going to say that the IG could have been old, but then it occurred to me that KC's hair was super interesting when we were trying to figure out if she was in the grave or not but now that we know I'm much less interested.

I wanted to ask "Why are we still interested in her hair color?" a couple posts ago :P

Laurel is dead dead dead. And this weekend we kinda got the goodbye SM posts that we expected from the cast. I couldn't care less about KC now.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6

This is from the same day ... its the way the light hits her hair.

12912609_131988360536099_29963921_n.jpg?

CgKdlziWIAE1nwD.jpg

Light isn't going to make that drastic of a change. Even in her video it is noticeably blonder. This is the same girl that dyed her hair during a con.

Even though no one cares, the IG video is 100% 48hrs old since she is reacting to Tommy Coles shaved head.

^^That's a nice way to start a day. :D

Anyway - not to circle back on the hair issue since we finally seem to have moved on :P - but I went and watched that IG video you guys were talking about. Is it just me or was it very "Bathroom therapy" inspired in style? It left me the weirdest feeling, haha.

• Love 1

These videos were posted on youtube (by All Katie Cassidy) - they show KC one day apart...

Katie Cassidy - "@tommycole | I'm calling your mother" [April 15, 2016]

Snapchat videos from the Arrow Season 4 Wrap Party [April 16, 2016]

There's apparently a bit of an SM brouhaha right now bc SA answered a question re why so few pics with EBR with something like "Well, you can't force it."

I'm of two minds about this. I'm not sure it's fair to say they "owe" us pics. They don't really owe us any BTS stuff. On the other hand, viewers are consumers, and they put lots of other BTS stuff out there, which gets viewers excited, so why no joint pics of the actors playing the lead couple? In fact, why no official pics of the lead couple at all, which the network, if not the actors, kind of does owe the audience. It starts to feel like an intentional decision NOT to do something that people want, which feels weird.

So I'm not mad or anything, but this is one of the reasons I don't vote for Olicity in any competitions anymore. (That and the fact that I'm still annoyed, at least, with Oliver's behavior.) Like hey, you don't owe us pics, but we don't owe you tweets/SOTY wins/even views of your show.

• Love 2
 In fact, why no official pics of the lead couple at all, which the network, if not the actors, kind of does owe the audience.

I think part of the reason that there is a sort of desperation for behind the scenes photos is the lack of official photos/joint interviews.  I've seen more than one online news site use fanart of Felicity and Oliver in their articles about the couple, and people on twitter are often extra motivated to vote if they think they can get a photo/joint interview/appearance just because they are hoping for ANYTHING.  I don't know if there was any issues with the fact that officially EBR isn't the lead or if the CW is just that cheap, but I do wonder if the franticness for behind the scenes stuff would abate with some official promotion.

• Love 13

There are people who wouldn't be happy unless they got to pillage SA and EBR's iPhoto accounts for any and all personal pictures together, but I do think most of the drive for it does have to do with the CW not even attempting to ever do a photo shoot with the two of them. If they did that, I agree - the request would probably die down a whole lot.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 12

I don't think actors are in any way obligated to post BTS stuff. Imo fans are even LESS entitled to the behind the scenes stuff than they are to the actual show.

But I do think the CW and WB PR departments are GINORMOUSLY BAD at taking advantage of the popularity of Oliver/Felicity to promote the show. And they should be doing it, because it is THEIR JOB to pinpoint what sells the show in which media/platform, and target promos accordingly. A one day photoshoot would get them enough material to feed Tumblr/Twitter for a couple of seasons.

I definitely don't think they're obligated to post any BTS stuff. But, they do post a bunch of BTS stuff. So if they're posting it anyway, why not throw in a few of them?

Do you think the network doesn't do an O/F photoshoot bc they don't want the show to seem like a romance?

In fact, why no official pics of the lead couple at all, which the network, if not the actors, kind of does owe the audience. It starts to feel like an intentional decision NOT to do something that people want, which feels weird.

The lack of social media stuff with EBR/SA is weird to me especially since there was much more a season or two ago, overall I don't care much about that. What I do side eye and care about is the lack of official CW show pics and media. That's just straight up strange to me - other than knowing CW PR, at this point, is probably that raccoon who watched his cotton candy dissolve. 

• Love 8

Do you think the network doesn't do an O/F photoshoot bc they don't want the show to seem like a romance?

I would agree with this. Promotion is almost exclusively action based.

But Oliver and Felicity are a big draw to the show. Why not take advantage of that and promote it even a little? It's almost as if they're going out of their way to NOT promote it.

Edited by Password
  • Love 7

Where did he say that, btw? Last FB video?

I believe so, yes. I'm following on Twitter but not really joining in, bc there seem to be two camps fairly strongly at odds about it, and I mostly don't feel that strongly. I get that BTS stuff is an extra, so if they don't want to give any extras, I'm okay with just not giving them any extras in return.

that raccoon who watched his cotton candy dissolve

That video killed me! If it helps, there was a follow-up, in which they gave him more cotton candy and he didn't try to wash it.

• Love 3

I would agree with this. Promotion is almost exclusively action based.

But Oliver and Felicity are a big draw to the show. Why not take advantage of that and promote it even a little? It's almost as if they're going out of their way to NOT promote it.

I bet the network, SA, everybody, feels like they can get away with not promoting O/F because of all the fanmade promo about them. Which is fine, I guess, but eventually it's going to start making people mad that they're putting in all this work and not getting much in return, and so people are going to promote it a lot less.

• Love 1

Might also be that the answer "You can't force it" rattled everyone a bit, considering the strong conviction that any and all things KC related are PR, and they published a photo the other day. 

I think it's 50-50 they have very little money to spend on Arrow promo, and the little money they have has been ordered to be spent in photos of people in very expensive leather suits and headgear. Felicity doesn't have any of that, so.

• Love 1

I think it's 50-50 they have very little money to spend on Arrow promo, and the little money they have has been ordered to be spent in photos of people in very expensive leather suits and headgear. Felicity doesn't have any of that, so.

Maybe Wonderwall made Felicity eat her headgear.

• Love 2

I bet the network, SA, everybody, feels like they can get away with not promoting O/F because of all the fanmade promo about them. Which is fine, I guess, but eventually it's going to start making people mad that they're putting in all this work and not getting much in return, and so people are going to promote it a lot less.

Not that fans are controllable in the age of social media, but by handing over promotion to the fans the powers-that-be lose control of the message which could hurt them in the long run. 

• Love 6