Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Sigh. Why is it such a problem that some people think KC and EBR aren't friends? It's entirely possible it's just a PR friendship. It's also possible it's not. We'll never know for sure. But the passive aggressiveness for not agreeing with one opinion or another is getting a little tiresome on this thread.

o9rQASl.gif

(I know this was not directed at me, but the sarcastic quotes in the other post made me think of the Friends gif)

• Love 2

It's neither a great cannonball or even a cool looking jump because his form is so bad.... Plus it's pretty stupid considering how he makes a living, hopefully his luck will outlast his stupidity.

• Love 1

At first, the height didn't bother me because assuming that the pool house is the average height for a one story building, he's jumping from a platform that's no more than 15 feet high. And the running jump means his momentum is moving forward instead of straight down. 

But then the shot widened and I saw that it was a T-shaped pool. Stephen, you reckless dummy.

• Love 3

That reminds me of that meme about why woman live longer.

That's fair. Because I would totally jump off my roof info a pool. In fact, I jumped off my roof last week into the ground because I was drinking and my friend said I wouldn't do it.

He posted another video of him doing a back flip into the pool. This time off of the edge of the hot tub(?) I think. Not that that worries too much, what worries me is Mavi appears to want to copy him by also jumping off of the same (most likely slipper) ledge. I'm not sure if either Amell (or the other person in the hot tub) were ready for that....

• Love 1

I can't tell whether or not people hailing him as a great parent are being sarcastic.

I'm going to go with no.

He's posted about her taking swimming lessons and stuff, so it seems like they've made the effort to teach her water safety. And given that someone was filming that, I'm guessing he was planning on her jumping in, too. At least I hope he was. Hopefully they're careful about the mimicking, if that's what it was. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Is that his own house in Palm Springs? The Arrow money must be good

Yup. In addition to two in LA I think. He recently bought a 3 mil $ house and that's one of the reasons I side eye him asking people for money by the way.

I can't tell whether or not people hailing him as a great parent are being sarcastic.

Nope. They are definitely not joking, LOL.

• Love 2

Thing is.. kids her age tend to be fearless!!! I did some crazy acrobatic shit when I was that young and a bit older (my mom being fearful turned me into a chicken and I stopped- also i'm not as flexible as I was when I was younger), kids her age also imitate their parents.

I mean look at this kid!

https://www.facebook.com/859802224102090/videos/959457837469861/

I say as long as it is relatively safe why not let your kid have fun? the pool is probably deep enough for her to jump safely, and he was right there to catch her.

Also we've seen similar videos before, of him being in the pool and her jumping with him catching her. I assume she jumped because he knew, from past experience, that he will be there to catch her. which does melt my frosty heart just a tiny bit, it speaks volumes imo of him as a father.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 7

I say as long as it is relatively safe why not let your kid have fun? the pool is probably deep enough for her to jump safely, and he was right there to catch her.

I think the worry was about him doing acrobatic type stuff in front of her, and her wanting to copy that, not her just jumping in the pool, which he's filmed and posted several times, like you pointed out. But hey, no judgement here - as long as he doesn't start doing dumb stuff like holding her while he jumps off the roof, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Yup. In addition to two in LA I think. He recently bought a 3 mil $ house and that's one of the reasons I side eye him asking people for money by the way.

What I never understood with all these famous people. Why have so many homes this close together? I mean, if you worked in New York and had an apartment there and additionally a house in Los Angeles, fine, I get that. But why have 3 houses that are this close together. Who lives in the other homes if you are not there? It must be a rich people thing because I find it difficult to live in two apartments (mine and my boyfriends') you have stuff everywhere but usually not where you need it. How do you do it with several houses. Maybe if I had money I'd get it.

About the charity/ money thing. I only mind if it benefits the actors personally. For example if he gives his face to the organisation and helps them get money, then I am ok with it.

What I don't like is when celebrities use the money of fans to get a project made that they are apart of. For example, I remember Kristen Bell was on a talk-show once and they asked her about a movie with Dax Shepard and it must have been a small budget film and all the catering and stuff were family members doing it for free, she was asked why she doesn't use her own money to make the film. She said: Because I don't believe in myself that much' Frankly she doesn't want to lose money. They don't want to use their own money in case the project doesn't make any money. That money would be lost. So it is easier to lose other people's money than your own. 

Edited by Belinea

What I never understood with all these famous people. Why have so many homes this close together? I mean, if you worked in New York and had an apartment there and additionally a house in Los Angeles, fine, I get that. But why have 3 houses that are this close together. 

I don't think he has 3 - there was an article that one of them was put on the market. Seems like he has the new one that he bought in LA, and the one in Palm Springs. I don't get the point of having two that close together, either. I'm guessing the Palm Springs house is a weekend place, and that his wife and daughter stay in the LA place while he's in Vancouver. 

• Love 1

I don't mind crowdfunding projects necessarily. I just wish there was a little more transparency with this one. They're asking for money without a finished script, and are budgeting in percentages, not dollar amounts. The write-up on the indiegogo page indicates that Stephen and Robbie are investing their own money, but they don't say how much. $200k is a pretty low goal considering that the film seems to need a lot of FX work, and now that the goal is met, they're still wanting people to donate. Is this extra money going toward the overall budget of the film for a better project, or is it just lessening the amount of money that Stephen and Robbie were going to pitch in? 

WE MAY NEVER KNOW

What I never understood with all these famous people. Why have so many homes this close together? I mean, if you worked in New York and had an apartment there and additionally a house in Los Angeles, fine, I get that. But why have 3 houses that are this close together. Who lives in the other homes if you are not there? It must be a rich people thing because I find it difficult to live in two apartments (mine and my boyfriends') you have stuff everywhere but usually not where you need it. How do you do it with several houses. Maybe if I had money I'd get it.

I would imagine some of those houses are bought as investment and are rented out.

• Love 3

I have mixed feelings about crowdfunding. Crowdfunding isn't really anything like an investment, it's just a bunch of people giving away free money essentially because they believe in a project. There's no guarantee that the project will even be made, or that they wont run out of money and come back asking for more, or that any of the people who gave money will even get the perks that they paid for. And with something as subjective as a film, the people who payed to get it made might really really hate it. 

Crowdfunding is essentially based around two values of goodwill and trust. People give money out of goodwill and trust that they will get something in return, but there's actually no accountability if they don't. They might be $5 out of pocket, they might be $2000 out of pocket and they wont get anything for that. Not even birthday cake. 

And like Apinknightmare said, there's not a lot of transparency in this, which is why I don't trust this at all. We don't even know how much money is going to what and the script hasn't even been written yet. We know the vague idea behind film, we sort of know a timeline (which probably isn't going to be stuck with because indie movie production timelines rarely are) and we know the cast. But that's not enough (imo) which is why I am side eyeing this a lot. 

If it's a risk people are willing to take with their money, fair play to them. But I will be critical of the people who are asking for the money, as I generally am with anyone asking for money. 

• Love 9

I can't judge the people giving money to this project too much because I was ready to throw any money I had at the Veronica Mars Kickstarter (and well I sort of did too). However, with Veronica Mars, I knew what I was getting and if I remember correctly they already had the filming dates set. I would also probably have been happy with a 30-minute-filmed-on-an-iPhone wrap up to the show, so getting anything really was going to be great. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 3

I don't mind crowdfunding projects necessarily. I just wish there was a little more transparency with this one. They're asking for money without a finished script, and are budgeting in percentages, not dollar amounts. The write-up on the indiegogo page indicates that Stephen and Robbie are investing their own money, but they don't say how much. $200k is a pretty low goal considering that the film seems to need a lot of FX work, and now that the goal is met, they're still wanting people to donate. Is this extra money going toward the overall budget of the film for a better project, or is it just lessening the amount of money that Stephen and Robbie were going to pitch in?

WE MAY NEVER KNOW

They said something about there being different versions of the script or the writers working on different versions according to the amount they raised. They talked about it in their joint Facebook video, but I didn't pay too much attention..i had it on in the background in case something about Arrow got a mention.

They said something about there being different versions of the script or the writers working on different versions according to the amount they raised. They talked about it in their joint Facebook video, but I didn't pay too much attention..i had it on in the background in case something about Arrow got a mention.

Thank you for posting that - I'm not donating, so I'm not really following any of the updates. Although the fact that they were planning on different versions of the script depending on how much money they made doesn't really make me feel better about it, haha. 

Will we see shirtless Diggle again?! God the episode 17-23 are going to be fantastic

CeltIRFXEAExAyG.jpg

I would like to thank Jesus and also God and possibly CrossFit for the glorious bounty I see before me on this day. #blessed

• Love 13

Pics of SA at WonderCon this past weekend (promoting TMNT2 with Megan Fox)...

STEPHEN AMELL AND MEGAN FOX AT WONDERCON 2016 NEW SHOTS
Published on Mar 28, 2016, by prince mojo

• Love 1