Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I think everybody involved in this discussion knows that whatever friendship they have isn't going to influence the show. But if we followed the "what does it matter" reasoning, then we really should cut this thread altogether?

I think the overall BTS/SM thread is fine & enjoyable. I just think the KC/EBR friends or no friends debate is getting repetitive. Especially when we will likely never receive confirmation one way or the other. And I think it being used as some type of oracle into the spoilers is a little ridiculous. As for BTS gossip, this is old news...

• Love 2

I think the overall BTS/SM thread is fine & enjoyable. I just think the KC/EBR friends or no friends debate is getting repetitive. Especially when we will likely never receive confirmation one way or the other. And I think it being used as some type of oracle into the spoilers is a little ridiculous. As for BTS gossip, this is old news...

Who's using it as oracle into spoilers?

I think there are many a conversation that won't interest all users. I guess the trick is don't engage and move on, instead of dismissing the entire conversation.

• Love 5

TBH I'm not gonna complain about it. We've been waiting for one for so long I'm actually glad the CW actually put some effort into it because out of all the posters, IMO this one looks the best and most unique especially with the background. 

• Love 12

TBH I'm not gonna complain about it. We've been waiting for one for so long I'm actually glad the CW actually put some effort into it because out of all the posters, IMO this one looks the best and most unique especially with the background. 

THIS! I love her promo picture so much. We've been waiting for so long and this one looks awesome. She looks like Felicity and IDK, it feels like her too, somehow? I love it. No complaints from me! :)

Its not a year its from when they were doing the LOT shoot together with Willa and Emily.

Well its a 3 year old pic. I didnt like the make up during that shoot at all.

Edited by Velocity23

Nice that she got a new photo but i doubt it has to do with her getting a code name. If that were the case, she would've gotten nearly 2 months ago. It just annoys me that they've been sitting on it for practically a year.

It has Overwatch as part of the graphic and the tweet introducing it mentioned Overwatch by name so it definitely seems to be connected to Felicity getting her codename.  But since she's standing, they would have held on to it until she was out of the wheelchair.

Interesting...

becs ‏@alwaysbett  3h3 hours ago
@mguggenheim marc, I have a doubt that always bugged me... Who chooses what stills are revealed from the arrow episodes?
Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim
@alwaysbett The CW chooses from a variety of photos that are taken by the on-set photographer.
8:34 AM - 10 Mar 2016

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/707967799809847297

becs ‏@alwaysbett  3h3 hours ago
@mguggenheim so nor you or other producers have an influence on them right?
Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim
@alwaysbett No. We see them when you guys do.
8:35 AM - 10 Mar 2016

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/707968042756493312

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

It has Overwatch as part of the graphic and the tweet introducing it mentioned Overwatch by name so it definitely seems to be connected to Felicity getting her codename. But since she's standing, they would have held on to it until she was out of the wheelchair.

Personally, I don't care if this promo is tied to her code name or not (not that you do, just mentioning it because it seems to bother some). Overwatch doesn't exist in the comics, it isn't some destiny she's reached that makes her more valuable to the team than she was before. It's just a name they call her while she does the exact same thing she's always done. Fine by me!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9

Oh yeah, I don't care either way, just happy to finally have something new.  Hopefully we'll never have to see that pre-S2 artwork where Felicity looks nothing like herself again.  I do think the show cares, that's why they waited until she got her code name, but the people who run this show and I think very differently about a lot of things.

• Love 3

CdM_i3fUEAAuI2h.jpg

Well that's gorgeous!

Her image is lovely, but the detail in the background is beyond anything we've seen before. (And per that interview, the part of the lair right behind her is referred to as Felicity's lair, only fair it's shown as part of her persona) Someone put a lot of time and thought into it.

Not sure why she's holding Curtis's T-Spheres but I suppose she's the only reason why Curtis had the chance to work on his "communication" devices. Of course now my hopes are up that she'll get to add them to her Arsenal, like carrying around Mace. :)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

It's a terrific poster. Pun intended. Maybe the T-balls mean that she perfects them and Curtis isn't there next season because of Echo's other commitments. Or they just needed her to hold something recognizable. But the all around coloring is wonderful and the choice of the lair is so much better than the background the masked characters got at the beginning of the season.

• Love 5

I'm probably reading too much fan fiction that remarks on Felicity's bright lipstick, but I love how bright it is in an otherwise darkly themed photo.  I also think her hair looks really pretty in the image, too--I think the photo catches her lightness and playfulness from her pose and expression. There's a suggestion of potential energy in the way her hand lightly cradles the ball, like she's about to toss it in the air as she winks at us.

(It's so good to be back!  After a week on the other side of the world, I've struggled to get through the pages you've all created in the other threads.  This one was manageable enough that I could catch up and finally comment again.)

• Love 6

It has Overwatch as part of the graphic and the tweet introducing it mentioned Overwatch by name so it definitely seems to be connected to Felicity getting her codename.  But since she's standing, they would have held on to it until she was out of the wheelchair.

She has a code name now, they are going to use it, especially if it is catchy with the sentence. 

She has a code name now, they are going to use it, especially if it is catchy with the sentence. 

Right, but earlier you said you didn't think the promo had anything to do with her getting her code name and that's why I disagreed.  Especially if this is from a photo shoot at the start of the season, they could have released it any time.  Instead, they waited until after she got her code name and have tied it to that.  As I stated earlier, I don't care either way, I'm just glad she finally got something new.

I still don't think it has anything to do with her getting a code name. They have been weird with releasing promotional pictures. They released an unreleased Felicity picture out of nowhere as part of a countdown, gave Thea a poster out of nowhere, and now this. 

I'm probably reading too much fan fiction that remarks on Felicity's bright lipstick, but I love how bright it is in an otherwise darkly themed photo. I also think her hair looks really pretty in the image, too--I think the photo catches her lightness and playfulness from her pose and expression. There's a suggestion of potential energy in the way her hand lightly cradles the ball, like she's about to toss it in the air as she winks at us.

(It's so good to be back! After a week on the other side of the world, I've struggled to get through the pages you've all created in the other threads. This one was manageable enough that I could catch up and finally comment again.)

Welcome back :)

• Love 1

I love the new promo poster for Felicity.  However, I have to admit that I prefer her hair longer and straighter.  Her current hairstyle is too close to the corporate look she had last season - which, I guess, is appropriate for her now being CEO of Palmer Tech.  But it just doesn't look as natural on her as a straighter look.

Edited by tv echo

I don't mind the natural curl & body to Felicity's hair in the promo. I do like her hair straightened too - but I'm good with the texture in this shot.  I agree that I do not like the length, but it was in that awkward growing out length from her summer chop. I prefer her hair a little longer. I think it looks Corporate because of the part. I wonder if she had a softer part if it would have looked less corporate. 

I love the new promo poster for Felicity.  However, I have to admit that I prefer her hair longer and straighter.  Her current hairstyle is too close to the corporate look she had last season - which, I guess, is appropriate for her now being CEO of Palmer Tech.  But it just doesn't look as natural on her as a straighter look.

In the comments under this photo on KC's twitter, someone posted a chart showing the results of #LaurelLanceWeek.  In the past week, there were 6,147 tweets.

I think that's a pretty low number considering it was a whole week dedicated to her. Unless some significant numbers post today that's not that impressive. However, it is nice her fans gathered together to celebrate their favorite character for a week. I'm sure Katie really appreciated that (no snark, shade, or backhanded compliment here in case anyone thought that).

• Love 1

From HVFF-NY in January (David Rapaport is also going to be at HVFF-Chicago this weekend) - I couldn't understand the audio for the entire Q&A but did get these two nuggets...

-- Robbie Amell auditioned for Arrow but he came across as "a little bit too young and not quite right for it." But he remembered him and later cast him as Ronnie/Firestorm.

-- In response to fan saying that TV couples normally do chemistry tests and asking if he did a chemistry test with SA and KC, he replied: "I'm trying to remember - I don't know that we did, actually... (Fan interrupted: "You don't recall?") ... I don't recall that we did, no. I think they were cast separately so I'm pretty sure, yeah. Yeah, thank you."

Heroes and Villains FanFest David Rapaport Panel [AUDIO ONLY]
Published on Feb 27, 2016, by Tanavi P

Edited by tv echo

I think ABC has at least that many, Grey's, Scandal, HTGAWM, and OUAT. And Agent Carter. I don't know about the other networks though. CBS in particular does not do many female-led shows I don't think. I think I remember reading something about it on Deadline a few years ago. But they did do Supergirl, so.....

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1