Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Yes, that's what I mean. I see the "flow with the go" tweet, but the meme or pic or whatever you want to call it is no longer attached when I look at it. 

it's definitely still there when i look at it on twitter via the web, if i go to my twitter phone app, it looks like the link is broken.  Very weird but i don't know if that means anything.

it's definitely still there when i look at it on twitter via the web, if i go to my twitter phone app, it looks like the link is broken.  Very weird but i don't know if that means anything.

It's probably just a bug in whatever weird-ass program she uses for Twitter that tweets things out multiple times and does similarly wonky things. 

Oh the countless arcs they give to Laurel and all of them fail? She's the only one who has had arcs that have the main character go away ("die") just to prop her up. Don't get me started because I will be here all night. Those are just the few and there are more.

Get started all you want because yet again, that has NOTHING to do with Laurel "weakening" the stunts and fight scenes of the show.

I feel really confused now. You guys said there's only a Dig as Arrow Funko, right? So what's going on here, did someone just put the head on the body of another Funko?

Untitled2_zpskehzmhjc.png

Also, cute.

• Love 1

Get started all you want because yet again, that has NOTHING to do with Laurel "weakening" the stunts and fight scenes of the show.

the whole season 4 has been integrating her in the fights and they have spent more screen time showing her whipping her hair than showing Oliver taking down bad guys. Every mask now gets more screen time than Oliver when it comes to fighting or stunts just because they want to make it equal when in reality it's not equal at all.
  • Love 5

She pre-programs images to go up on Instagram, and then uses a social media management tool to replicate them on Twitter, so timing can actually mean nothing.

However, she edited the Tweet, and now it's a different text quote: https://twitter.com/MzKatieCassidy/status/691561975701180417. The first quote is still up on Instagram.

People are so weird on social media.

GODDAMNIT, she puts up a quote about basically making the best of the shit that happens in your life, during the time the producers were in town very likely to shitcan the person in the grave, and then she EDITS THE DAMN POSTING TO REMOVE THE QUOTE?!? She's just fucking with me now!

• Love 4

Not sure if you're joking or being rude. Obviously I was joking about it being about me.

I'm joking. :-)....though that could be considered rude I guess.

You have been so resistant to the very thought, I'm amused and a little delighted.

• Love 3

Me, too, but I sure as hell don't want it to be a Game Stop exclusive. Is there a real date for Felicity yet? Has anyone spoken to Game Stop recently?

I stopped by a GameStop during lunch today and asked about the Felicity Smoak Funko POP. I was told she's not out yet but has a January 30th release date.  I was also told that I could pre-order her with a $5 deposit, but I declined and said I'd stop back later.

• Love 1

I'm joking. :-)....though that could be considered rude I guess.

You have been so resistant to the very thought, I'm amused and a little delighted.

I worked in BigLaw in 2008, when the mortgage meltdown happened and tons of young lawyers got canned. I moved to the federal government right before, but SO MANY of my friends at all different firms got laid off (this story has a point, bear with me). Most got fired and then had to keep working for months to get their severance packages. Several of my friends basically had nervous breakdowns about it. They had to go in, every day, working 80-hour-weeks, to a job that had made it clear it didn't value their input. And they couldn't commit to job-hunting, bc they still had to go to work. It was INCREDIBLY tough on people. There was a huge amount of drinking, crying, family problems, health problems, etc.  

So, while I think PB and DR are sufficient old hands in the biz, I truly do not believe KC would be able to cover up her disappointment and fear. Willa, I'm not sure either way. KC is nearing 30, which is old in Hollywood, and has not received raves for Arrow, whereas Willa is young and beautiful and I think she knows she'd be fine. So, I've always said the only evidence I will pay attention to is out-of-show evidence, specifically about KC. I mean she completely cut off any promo for the show in S2 bc she was mad about Sara (which again, on a human level, I understand). So if she gets canned, I think she'll do her best, but it will show.

CL impressed by keeping quiet since the finale of S2 and even having to go through interviews and panels at SDCC.

Yeah, she comes across as very professional and even-keeled. There's no way I would have been able to do that convincingly.

Idk if KC would be that obvious if it was her.Especially if that blind item is true and she got a new show.I think everyone on the cast would be able to keep quiet and wouldn't be all sad on SM and saying goodbye like Colton was.

Yeah, if Laurel is the death, I absolutely believe that we'll be able to tell.  I imagine that KC will go media silent, stop posting as much about the show, and avoid giving interviews (she'll likely continue to post about her fashion stuff, however).  She'll probably cancel con appearances as well.  And she'll certainly be photographed everywhere except Vancouver.  Yep, we'll know.    

• Love 1

I don't think it'll be obvious. I definitely don't think it'll be Colton Haynes-esque. I am also not positive she'll cancel interviews and cons, bc she'll be trying to work towards her next gig, which requires as much media exposure as possible. I mostly think that she'll have a lot of "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" sayings on her SM, and more fashion crap, definitely less Arrow-specific stuff. Probably a good bit of comments about how now that she's played a superhero she's ready to play more superheroes. That kind of thing. 

Also, I don't see how the show could prevent that kind of thing. I'm sure they have it in her contract that she can't announce anything, but they can't prevent her from posting mildly-depressed memes, etc. 

• Love 4

I stopped by a GameStop during lunch today and asked about the Felicity Smoak Funko POP. I was told she's not out yet but has a January 30th release date.  I was also told that I could pre-order her with a $5 deposit, but I declined and said I'd stop back later.

I preordered mine in November and Game Stop has given me a different release date everytime I checked. I ended up ordering for the same price on Ebay and got it a few days ago. Game Stop offered an exchange but the only Arrow ones left were the Black Canary. I opted for a refund ; )

• Love 2

Idk if KC would be that obvious if it was her.Especially if that blind item is true and she got a new show.I think everyone on the cast would be able to keep quiet and wouldn't be all sad on SM and saying goodbye like Colton was.

If she does have a new show, and especially if it's on the CW, I don't expect to see much difference in her SM presence. It's if she doesn't have a job lined up that I would expect to see a change. Regardless of which actor is leaving, I have to imagine it has to kind of suck on set for everyone right now. But, that's the nature of show business, and the current state of episodic television where killing off characters is the new normal.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 3

I preordered mine in November and Game Stop has given me a different release date everytime I checked. I ended up ordering for the same price on Ebay and got it a few days ago. Game Stop offered an exchange but the only Arrow ones left were the Black Canary. I opted for a refund ; )

Oh, I didn't know I could get my deposit back.  I might do that this weekend then.  I can get it from Amazon in 2 day (thank you prime account)...screw Game Stop

If she does have a new show, and especially if it's on the CW, I don't expect to see much difference in her SM presence. It's if she doesn't have a job lined up that I would expect to see a change. Regardless of which actor is leaving, I have to imagine it has to kind of suck on set for everyone right now. But, that's the nature of show business, and the current state of episodic television where killing off characters is the new normal.

Are you talking about the blind on CDAN that really seemed to be conflating several different Arrow actresses? 

Are you talking about the blind on CDAN that really seemed to be conflating several different Arrow actresses? 

Maybe. Mostly just responding to the poster who mentioned the rumor of KC having a new show which was probably referencing that blind item. I think that was a convoluted way to say, yes. :)

• Love 1

Brian Ford Sullivan shares the mechanics of filming the hallucination scenes on his Twitter.

To avoid confusion we referred to Goth Felicity as "Smoak." By the end of the story break, "Smoak" felt like a separate person.

So now the lengthy story of how the hell we filmed the Felicity/Smoak scenes...

We'd start with @EmilyBett as Smoak and shoot her coverage against a double (@AliLiebert, a great actress in her own right)...

Then we'd widen to the both of them and use a special camera to record the exact movement of the camera itself...

After @EmilyBett got comfortable we'd "record" the camera's movement as she played the scene against, essentially a tennis ball...

Once that was done, we'd declare a hot set (meaning nothing can move) while @EmilyBett and @AliLiebert switched costumes...

We'd come back and then do the reverse: @EmilyBett as Felicity and @AliLiebert as Smoak, all while using the recorded camera moves...

Once that was done we'd shoot @EmilyBett's coverage as Felicity, just like we started with Smoak...

Keep in mind that was for just ONE scene! Did this many times that day...

• Love 5

I found this retweeted on my feed and thought it was awfully sweet that he commented on a part of an episode that had nothing to do with his character.

Untitled3_zpsfivmpqto.png

When I went to his Twitter, turns out he live tweeted. He sounds really sweet and like he enjoyed both his experience and the final product. And Erik Palladino (Joyner) is the one to come up with the Little Diggle line. Which seriously cracked me up.

• Love 7

Brian Ford Sullivan shared how they filmed the Felicity/Goth Felicity scenes. Apparently Goth Felicity was called 'Smoak' in the script. Please let me know if they belong somewhere else.

Read from the very bottom up: 

tumblr_o1o9cgT3rf1qf67ndo2_540.png

tumblr_o1o9cgT3rf1qf67ndo1_540.png

• Love 2

Sara's love interest on LoT played EBR's double. Lol

That reminds me of SA saying that Oliver would want Felicity with Sara since Oliver was dead on E2.  Someone needs to bring this up at the next con. LOL 

• Love 1

Pitch for Felicity to crossover to LOT: 

The crew travels a few years back in time. They are in need of some hacker expertise and Sara volunteers Felicity. They track Felicity down at MIT. Sara meets and hangs with Gothlicity.  

ETA: and they come up with some random way that Felicity doesn't remember her or it's like Frequency and she suddenly remembers Sara from college.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3

Maybe Sara was hitting on Felicity with her "you're cute" comments. 

Heh. Don't think so. But Nyssa probably has that same fantasy. Maybe the Nanda Parbat marriage is built on more solid ground than we are aware. Common interests, after all.

In other news, Amell plans to do a video in the GA suit from the set today.

I don't know how to link to tweets from my cell, but go to Bamford's Twitter. He directed the flash forward last week. I never would have expected that.

What did he say? (He blocked me when I said I hated his shakycam episode.)

• Love 1

What did he say? (He blocked me when I said I hated his shakycam episode.)

He posted a photo of them sitting a mile apart in the limo, complimented their chemistry and said he was the one to direct the scene.

I just didn't expect him to be behind it. It's not a flashy scene, it positions the characters and let them play off each other, simply framimg Oliver and Felicity and letting SA and EBR to convey the difference in the characters' relationship. Not what I expected after his episode.

I'm pretty sure BamBam is directing 2nd Unit for every episode this season. And if the limo scene was a late pick up scene [which we've wondered if it was because there are pics of EBR in the production's office wearing the limo outfit way later than when the episode was filmed], it makes sense to give the scene to 2nd Unit. The episode's director isn't even in town anymore.

• Love 5