Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Haha, I had recorded it on my phone, but I couldn't take notes on my phone and listen at the same time. And it was like, two sentences in a really long answer. Probably not enough to satisfy the demand for DR to expound at length on how Digg, Laurel, and Thea are totally BFFs now!! 

They all had a grand total of 2 scenes together. Of course they're like family now. That's pretty much as easy as it is for Laurel. As for Thea, I expected more for her growing friendship/mentorship(?) with Diggle. 

• Love 4

I tried to summarize his answers, but he gave really detailed explanations, so I just ended up transcribing. I'll pick the questions that seem to have gotten the most attention and haven't had clips up yet. There are also youtube vids up (not mine) of some parts of the panel (DR talks about his favorite Olicity moment, about why OTA works well, about Oliver and his women)

First off, thanks, @lemotomato.

Second, DR's panel sounds excellent. I am laughing at both the videos and your account.

SA said that they play a Christmas carol for the first time.

But I have a recollection of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" playing during the Queen Christmas party in s1. Am I misremembering?

You're not. I suppose he means the way it's used. I wouldn't blame him for forgetting "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" because there was nothing special about the way it was used. Simply background music to tell you it was a Christmas party.

- He made fun of Eugene Byrd, who caught pinkeye (and a bronchial infection) after their recent shoot of scenes set in Afghanistan. "Who gets pinkeye in their 30s? Wash your hands!")

- About the photo of DR sitting on GG: he sat on him for 5 minutes, and GG's leg went numb.

- DR loves SA, but he'd totally beat SA in a muscle up contest. And then as he goes on, he gets an epiphany about what he would want on a Diggle shirt (referring to a question he was asked earlier about lack of Diggle merchandise): "Muscle Up!" in the front, and "Diggle Time!" in the back.

These are all hilarious.

• Love 4

IIRC, non-fans of LL used the term "redacted" to tweet about the character without it showing up in KC's mentions or generate buzz for her. Fans/stans caught on so they started sending screenshots to KC and letting her know they were defending her. Non-fans switched to "Felicia" occasionally saying "bye" because they thought CL was brought on to replace her. Eventually the fans/stans caught on and repeated their behavior. About this time KC acquires a dog and names her Felicia. She also starts tweeting the hashtag "Bye Felicia" frequently. Coincidence or passive/aggressive behavior? I don't know but it did lead to some non-fans of LL becoming non-KC fans. Some fans embraced it as KC fighting back.

That poor dog is long gone. No one has seen her since the end of S3. Never knew people get seasonal dogs. It indeed was a goodbye for poor Felicia. Hope she has found a more loving and permanent home elsewhere.

• Love 2

That poor dog is long gone. No one has seen her since the end of S3. Never knew people get seasonal dogs. It indeed was a goodbye for poor Felicia. Hope she has found a more loving and permanent home elsewhere.

Really? Poor dog. Also, on a total gossipy note, has she broken up with that producer? There was that boom of love and tweets around Golden Globe and Oscar time (I remember AK retweeting a tweet of that guy declaring his absolute love for KC-weird and ugh), then nothing.

I was reading a fans account of the Con. She is a huge KC/LL fan. She said that she was told by one of the high up staffers that half of the reason KC was late was because she keep stopping to talk to her co-stars and keep losing track of the time. She said that KC was tired (the blogger implied that was part of the reason she was late, because she needed the rest). Something about the times of the sessions too. That she didn't have time to rest and eat and do the autograph/photos before the panel.

The fan didn't mind at all though. She said KC was awesome and sweet.

]  

I know nothing about KC's pooch but along the lines of the "seasonal dog" concept, Haley Atwell while filming this season of Agent Carter is fostering two dogs that will then be available for adoption to a "forever home". I thought that was a very good idea for an actor without the ability to have a long term pet. Most shelters are always looking for homes to acclimate certain dogs or cats to home life and it can't hurt their adoption chances to have been Instagrammed by HA.

I was reading a fans account of the Con. She is a huge KC/LL fan. She said that she was told by one of the high up staffers that half of the reason KC was late was because she keep stopping to talk to her co-stars and keep losing track of the time. She said that KC was tired (the blogger implied that was part of the reason she was late, because she needed the rest). Something about the times of the sessions too. That she didn't have time to rest and eat and do the autograph/photos before the panel.

It doesn't sound like KC or any of them have their own people as handlers for at least this smaller venue. Honestly, the days sound confusing and of course exhausting for the actors.

• Love 2

]  

I know nothing about KC's pooch but along the lines of the "seasonal dog" concept, Haley Atwell while filming this season of Agent Carter is fostering two dogs that will then be available for adoption to a "forever home". I thought that was a very good idea for an actor without the ability to have a long term pet. Most shelters are always looking for homes to acclimate certain dogs or cats to home life and it can't hurt their adoption chances to have been Instagrammed by HA.

It doesn't sound like KC or any of them have their own people as handlers for at least this smaller venue. Honestly, the days sound confusing and of course exhausting for the actors.

The con provide handlers to get them where they need to go and make sure they keep to the schedule.  As Lemontomato already reported DR's Handler apologized to the people waiting in his line because DR fell asleep in his room and was running a bit late for one of his sessions.

I get that the KC fan was trying to defend KC but he/she must be very young to not see how bad that was.  KC was constantly late and even missed her times altogether because she was too busy socializing with her peers to bother/care about the "little" people that paid good money for a few minutes of her time.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

]  

Stephen Amell had his own handler there. While we waiting for him to show up yesterday, a staff member for the con said that SA calls her the Wolf because she takes care of everything and that he gave her a bag with that name on it. When we saw her, he wanted us to say good morning, Wolf because it would freak her out because she wouldn't know what was going on. 

I really don't care wether KC was late or not. I feel bad for her fans but that is about it. I mean it won't have effected my enjoyment of the Con especially with DR and CL there and performing stunts. 

However, I will say that these Cons have helped SA's career more than any interview or Q&A over at FB has done. Social Media can only get you soo far you know. So, being on time and entertaining helps you get more fans. It is not a rocket science really. 

• Love 3

More video clips from Heroes & Villains FanFest on Nov. 22...

SA and RA answering questions about Earth 2 Felicity and Tommy:

Nerf gun fight with KC, JB, CL and RA:

KC makes surprise appearance at JB's panel ("bye, Felicia"):

(Youtube also has a 7-part video series of JB's solo panel.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

More non-spoilery MG posts at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ ...

wild-emmagination asked:
By the way, do you ever type "olicity" or "arrow" into the tumblr search bar to see tumblrs reaction to episodes? It may help you guys to see what the people want xx

Tumblr has a search bar?

mynameisfelicityqueen asked:
Wow. That response was rude. I have been sending that question forever, and got frustrated so i sent a bunch of them together, because you didn't reply, and answered only Olicity/Felicity questions. But that response of yours...I'm sorry to say i have lost respect for you. I'll stop sending questions, because that left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll send this question a bunch of times, to make sure you read this, and you're aware that you lost a faithful fan. :)

I’m sorry to hear that.

arrowiefan asked:
So far, which scene in Arrow that you wrote that you enjoyed it so much. Thanks Uncle Guggie for giving us Arrow. I'm liking this season so far and so looking forward for the rest of the episodes.

It’s always the last scene I wrote.  :)

lisam100 asked:
You mentioned earlier that 4x06 contains your favourite Olicity scene so far from S4. Which scene was it and why? Thanks!

I love their fight/argument scene.  The performances by Stephen and Emily were just spot on.

its-booklovr asked:
Could you please settle the debate about the Oliver/Nyssa marriage? Personally, I feel it was purely ceremonial and very much not legal so there is no need for a "divorce." But others seem to think it was a real marriage.

The marriage is legal in Nanda Parbat.

lacrosseexchange asked:
So just to clarify how this whole "tumblr thing" works...if a question is about Felicity, it's answered, if it's about Diggle, there's a 50% chance of it being answered, if it's about Oliver, 50%, but anything else? Super snarky response.

That’s fairly awesome.  I will say that I’ve noticed that there is a disproportional relationship between the snarkiness of the question and the amount of Felicity in it.  Make of that what you will.

memelugo asked:
I get so sad every time I come to your page and my questions are never answered. I send multiple questions in the hopes that you will respond to one. But then I think to myself you must get thousands of questions daily. So I guess my next question is not Arrow related, do you even get to read all of your fans posts? Love the show! Everyone does a great job!

I’m answering this one!
Unfortunately, no, I don’t have the time/ability to read all of the posts I receive here.  I wish I could.  The shorter the question and the less spoiler-y it is, the greater the odds of me answering.  Bonus points if I can think of a witty response.  ;

xzaryab asked:
Hey Marc, I was just wondering. Will Laurel ever get a new costume? Something like the New 52 would be great.

I love her current one.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Not to play Guggenheim's advocate, but really, sometimes I'm astounded by the reasoning of some people. I think  the majority of the questions he answers are about Felicity/Olicity just because a- he gets flooded (and as we noted, he tends to read the last questions he has received) b- most of them are pretty innocuous. I mean last year there was a fern mention with every batch of answers. I don't think he gets snarky just with non-Felicity fans, he just fights snark with snark. Even Felicity fans have been on the receiving end of that. What's funny is that every side of the fandom has its own conspiracy theory for the logic in his answers, haha.

• Love 9

Casting director David Rapaport tweeted a few pics and a retweet from his appearance at Heroes & Villains FanFest this weekend...

Heroes & Villains ‏@heroesfanfest  14h14 hours ago
"I almost cast @grantgust as Thea's boyfriendand! We went another direction & now he is #TheFlash!" @RapaportCasting

CUd_5j7UsAAoQje.jpg

CUdhQS6UkAEWLRp.jpg

CUc7csmUcAEj0tO.jpg

https://twitter.com/rapaportcasting

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

It seems weird (to me) that a casting agent would get much attention/requests for autographs.  I can totally see the appeal of a panel because he can probably has some really interesting stories to tell about casting, missed casting etc.

• Love 2

SA and RA on Facebook (with David Rapaport)

Originally posted on SA's Facebook yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/vb.146921975393078/954982191253715

Incidentally, I think the "new" show that Rapaport is casting is Riverdale:

A comic book hero is about to get the network treatment in “Riverdale." Archie, Veronica, and Betty are piloting their way to the CW for a spring 2016 shoot that will dramatize the comic as it follows the gang from the original Archie Comics. Other properties, such as Josie and the Pussycats, will also be integrated. David Rapaport is reanimating the two-dimensional cast for Berlanti Television.  

http://www.backstage.com/news/7-pieces-must-know-casting-news-56761/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I loved the Archie comics when I was a kid, but the whole point of them was that there was no real conflict. I don't see the point of a TV show about Riverdale if you're going to change everything about it. I will say that Berlanti is the only person other than Amy Sherman Palladino who I would believe could make a low-stakes, bright and cheery teen dramedy feel compelling. But it doesn't really sound like they're going for something with a Gilmore Girls/Everwood feel, so...just write an original high school drama if that's what you want.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 3

What's her excuse for all the other cons she was late to? And how can you stop and talk to your co-stars all the time when they're signing autographs and taking photos which is exactly what KC should have been doing? Sorry but no. I'm sure KC was sweet to her though.

What's her excuse for all the other cons she was late to? And how can you stop and talk to your co-stars all the time when they're signing autographs and taking photos which is exactly what KC should have been doing? Sorry but no. I'm sure KC was sweet to her though.

That is the kind of thing that pisses off even hardcore fans.  A former colleague of mine was a HUGE Sarah Palin fan.  HUGE.  Then Sarah Palin was in town for a book-signing, and she didn't show/showed up late/cut out early, something along those lines.  My colleague had taken a day off work and stood in line to get an autograph, which didn't happen.  That is what it took for her to stop loving Sarah Palin.  She was fine with everything Palin did until it personally adversely affected her.  So the fan you're referencing may be over it, but I bet a few others are not.

I have seen other actors go over to people while they are signing, but never during their own signing times. And how is it that everyone was there around for their time and she wasn't? I get maybe being late for one of  them, things happen falling asleep or not getting up on time, they are human, but did I hear correctly that she missed both her signing and the photo op times because she was talking to her co-stars? If she was on the convention floor she should be able to make it to her booth on time. That's just disrespectful. People pay a lot of money to attend these cons and pay for autographs and photos.  And most of us do not make the kind of money they do. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

That's what the staffer told the fan. It sounded like the staffer was trying to cover for her. Her co-stars were in panels and signing/photos. As far as I can tell, fans on the floor didn't see KC at all till the afternoon. This was a Con co-founded, organized whatever by SA and she still does this.

Did the Amell/Lotz/Cassidy photo op even happen?

• Love 1

People must be saints, because if I stood in line for someone who showed up two hours late (without a valid reason for that happening), I would be piiiiissed.  I mean, I'm generally very polite, so I wouldn't say anything or cause a scene, but I would be seething with rage.  

I'm not sure how actors do these cons.  I'm not a fan of people in general, and the thought of having to hug/kiss/interact/take photos with complete strangers sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

• Love 11

I'm not sure how actors do these cons.  I'm not a fan of people in general, and the thought of having to hug/kiss/interact/take photos with complete strangers sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

That's exactly why I can't get upset at Emily not wanting to be in large crowds of people or having total strangers rubbing up against her--especially con-goers who have a tendency to ask for awkward things. I admire the celebs who don't mind that sort of interaction and embrace it 100%, but knowing myself, I would steer clear.

• Love 14

Didnt she join Barrowmans panel because there wasnt anybody there in her line anymore?

Yes and I can't say I blame them.  From what I've heard she never showed up for 2 of her scheduled signings and the panel reshceudled them for later in the day.  

People must be saints, because if I stood in line for someone who showed up two hours late (without a valid reason for that happening), I would be piiiiissed.  I mean, I'm generally very polite, so I wouldn't say anything or cause a scene, but I would be seething with rage.  

They get paid a lot of money to attend these cons and no one forces them to do it. Other than SDCC or NYCC (when it's arranged by the studio/network).  If they choose to sign onto a Con then they know exactly what they're getting.  

Edited by Morrigan2575

That's exactly why I can't get upset at Emily not wanting to be in large crowds of people or having total strangers rubbing up against her--especially con-goers who have a tendency to ask for awkward things. I admire the celebs who don't mind that sort of interaction and embrace it 100%, but knowing myself, I would steer clear.

Anyone who would get mad at a human being for having anxiety would have to be a pretty self-centered, shitty person. I hope more of her fans learn this about her and lay off the pressure.

• Love 14

I'm sure she is sweet when she shows up. It's the not showing up on time at multiple cons that would piss me off, more so when she's actually on the convention floor.

SA and DR were late to their signings at a Con I was at, I was in line for SA, when he did arrive he apologized saying he overslept. Which I did like, he didn't have some else do it. He took the blame for it. 

• Love 1

The con provide handlers to get them where they need to go and make sure they keep to the schedule.  As Lemontomato already reported DR's Handler apologized to the people waiting in his line because DR fell asleep in his room and was running a bit late for one of his sessions.

I get that the KC fan was trying to defend KC but he/she must be very young to not see how bad that was.  KC was constantly late and even missed her times altogether because she was too busy socializing with her peers to bother/care about the "little" people that paid good money for a few minutes of her time.

Chasity had the info about why DR was late on Saturday. But from what I saw at his booth, DR still got there by 10:45. When I passed by KC's booth, the sign first said she was going to be there by 12, then it was changed to 2. Don't know when she actually showed up, but there were definitely lots of people lining up around 12, expecting her. On Sunday, SA, DR, and CL were signing autographs by 10:15 (that's when I got there). KC's sign said she'd be there at 12. 

Honestly, after learning that her birthday was on Saturday, I have no idea why she even signed up to do the con. Especially if she was going to miss half of it anyway.

Chasity had the info about why DR was late on Saturday. But from what I saw at his booth, DR still got there by 10:45. When I passed by KC's booth, the sign first said she was going to be there by 12, then it was changed to 2. Don't know when she actually showed up, but there were definitely lots of people lining up around 12, expecting her. On Sunday, SA, DR, and CL were signing autographs by 10:15 (that's when I got there). KC's sign said she'd be there at 12. 

Honestly, after learning that her birthday was on Saturday, I have no idea why she even signed up to do the con. Especially if she was going to miss half of it anyway.

Sorry, I thought that was you :D

• Love 1

I think Katie's birthday is actually the 25th.

Interesting! The con organizers interrupted the Lance family panel, said that they heard it was her birthday, brought out a cake, and had the audience sing happy birthday to her. 

Catching up with the videos just now, and about DR's imitation of SA's butt twitch, I think I actually saw SA do that in an episode, unless I'm imagining it. Now I should scan every episode looking closely at butt shot for confirmation, haha.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 5

I thought I read/heard somewhere that they also sang Happy Birthday to DR?  Maybe it was at the Stunt Panel?  His Birthday was 11/17.

No, it didn't happen at the stunt panel. Maybe at his autograph booth?

Catching up with the videos just now, and about DR's imitation of SA's butt twitch, I think I actually saw SA do that in an episode, unless I'm imagining it. Now I should scan every episode looking closely at butt shot for confirmation, haha.

Sounds like a tough job; thanks for volunteering! ;)

• Love 2

I figured they did Katie's birthday Cake because she's considered the leading actress

I read somewhere on Twitter [the #hvff tag? I'm not finding it again] a KC fan brought the cake to the con.

Edited by dtissagirl

Stephen Amell had his own handler there. While we waiting for him to show up yesterday, a staff member for the con said that SA calls her the Wolf because she takes care of everything and that he gave her a bag with that name on it. When we saw her, he wanted us to say good morning, Wolf because it would freak her out because she wouldn't know what was going on.

See I'm thinking a personal handler of her very own that follows her around and isn't afraid to insist she get places on time is probably what she needs at these cons. The venue can have people telling her where and when but do we really think any of those people are going to up to wrangling a wayward star? If KC knows she gets sidetracked, then yeah, invest in some help so you don't.

On a side note, I appreciated that "Bye Felicia" clip between JB and KC. I get the feeling that JB and his outrageous manner is good for KC. I mean the KC that lets her boobs be groped during scenes is not the same one that both SA and DR learned messing with during scenes was not Fun for anyone.

• Love 1

See I'm thinking a personal handler of her very own that follows her around and isn't afraid to insist she get places on time is probably what she needs at these cons. The venue can have people telling her where and when but do we really think any of those people are going to up to wrangling a wayward star? If KC knows she gets sidetracked, then yeah, invest in some help so you don't.

Yeah, she should say to them "Look, I like to party and get drunk - no matter how much I yell at you tomorrow, make sure I get up and to my first appointment". Get her to put it in writing if necessary so no-one gets in trouble..

On a side note, I appreciated that "Bye Felicia" clip between JB and KC. I get the feeling that JB and his outrageous manner is good for KC. I mean the KC that lets her boobs be groped during scenes is not the same one that both SA and DR learned messing with during scenes was not Fun for anyone.

To be fair, I think JB is in a category of his own. James Marsters told a story of where, when guesting on Torchwood, he watched in astonishment as JB ran in, grabbed the boobs of one of the lead actresses (can't remember which one), then ran off cackling. James approached the actress later and told her that she had a witness if she wanted to pursue a claim of sexual harrassment - and she looked at him as if he was mad.

• Love 3