Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Any thoughts re why SA was radio silent for yesterday's episode?

I almost can't recognize Donna. What's this madness with properly fitted, non-exposing clothes? Somebody hand the woman a sequined low-cut top. God.

Right?!?  It's making me weirdly uncomfortable!

• Love 1

I'm disappointed with SA. This is the first time this season he hasn't tweeted about Arrow the day it aired (I checked). I have no doubt he is going to tweet next week for Stunt Dudes episode.

• Love 1

I'm disappointed with SA. This is the first time this season he hasn't tweeted about Arrow the day it aired (I checked). I have no doubt he is going to tweet next week for Stunt Dudes episode.

People on Twitter seem to have an idea re why, but they want state it publicly.  It's driving me buggy.  Based on the users, maybe that he doesn't like Ray, or based on another Twitterer (Tweeter?) who is into real life shipping, that the O/F kissing was too enjoyable for him, so he won't crow about it?  No clue, but I'm dying to know their idea.

The guy was spending the day with his family at some spa. 

Dude deserves a break sometimes. 

Plus he did sort of promo it with the "synchronicity" tweet as well as including episode 6 in the stretch of the "best stretch of episodes" arrow has done... So that's SOMETHING. 

• Love 8

People on Twitter seem to have an idea re why, but they want state it publicly.  It's driving me buggy.  Based on the users, maybe that he doesn't like Ray, or based on another Twitterer (Tweeter?) who is into real life shipping, that the O/F kissing was too enjoyable for him, so he won't crow about it?  No clue, but I'm dying to know their idea.

No idea about why SA didn't tweet anything promoting this episode on the day it aired, but when the NYCC Arrow trailer debuted, he did tweet a screencap of the yin-yang kiss that turned out to be from this episode.

I wouldn't put any stock in the theories by real life 'shippers. They're (the theories) are pretty baseless.

• Love 1

I got nothing. He popped on there to tweet a family photo, why not post a quick "Hope Everyone is Enjoying Arrow!" or retweet something from CW's twitter.

I'm not going to read anything into it, but I am going to be annoyed by it.

I do appreciate Robbie Amell though. He tweets one thing about the episode and it's Olicity. 

• Love 3

Wait, people are saying he didn't Tweet because it would reveal he and Emily are in a secret relationship? What?

I really don't think it's anything that serious.  They're very vaguely implying there was SOME reason, and it should be really obvious.  It ain't obvious to me!

I'm thinking more that they are implying he didn't want to promo a Ray episode.

• Love 1

Wait, people are saying he didn't Tweet because it would reveal he and Emily are in a secret relationship? What?

I feel like that is backwards logic. I'm going to hide something by treating it differently and therefore drawing attention to it.

Twitter. I don't recommend looking for it, though. Tempest in a teapot that's been building all afternoon.

Thanks and okay I thought they all were compiled in one place. Yeah my curiosity isn't running deep enough for me to search for the tweets or the theories. Not everyone on the show tweets about the episodes. I know this episode focused heavily on Oliver and Felicity but he did give a shout out earlier with the Synch picture post & 4x06-09 being some of the shows strongest episodes EVER. He has a life outside of the show and may have had something planned with his family who he adores and that may have prevented him from tweeting.

• Love 4

Okay, well, those theories for why he hasn't tweeted about the episode are seriously reaching but it is a bit disappointing/weird that he didn't tweet about it when he has every other episode. Even if he was busy it's not that difficult to say 'Arrow: tonight!' Two words. Simple. 

I thought SA said he loved this episode and the next bunch of them? So, it is weird that he didn't mention the episode at all. 

I don't know where the real life shipping theories came from, that just seems like a giant leap from nothing. Plus real life shipping always weirds me out. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

So again, everyone on the main cast (and even Caity Lotz) is going to the fanfest except for EBR? That's not going to drive Twitter into a frenzy at all.

For the screening, the only person they really need from the Arrow cast is SA, and maybe CL, since the crossover is so LoT-centric.

Edited by lemotomato

EBR doesn't go to a lot of Cons. That is not something to freak out about. It's a normal occurrence. She goes to the network mandated ones like SDCC. Most Cons are go on your own free time type of conventions. Grant Gustin doesn't do any either. Candice Patton does the rounds for the Flash, which is funny considering she doesn't get to anything on the actual show, yet she's the one promoting them at Cons. 

I think Willa discovered she likes Cons after the last one. Or at least getting to hang out and party during them. 

• Love 1

The difference to me is the that GG doesn't have to do extra promotion for himself or for his character because it's his show. The network does all the promoting for him. EBR not going to cons gives the impression she doesn't care enough to promote her character, which, given that she's just supporting, could benefit from more coverage.

For the record, I don't think that EBR should do cons just because her fans want her to. She doesn't owe anyone anything. It's just that in *this* case (and I'm not going to count Louisville because we don't know if she was even invited) it looks really odd when the whole cast goes and she doesn't.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

The con doesn't really have any kind of power here, though? If the WB says talent must attend the LA screening, then talent must attend, con be screwed. Remember Stephen saying he would NOT go to Paley? Yup.

I didn't think so. But if the cast was going to the LA screening, wouldn't we know by now?

The difference to me is the that GG doesn't have to do extra promotion for himself or for his character because it's his show. The network does all the promoting for him. EBR not going to cons gives the impression she doesn't care enough to promote her character, which, given that she's just supporting, could benefit from more coverage.

I have always thought that cons are the actors promoting themselves, rather than the show? From what I've read here, it's quite the money machine.

• Love 2

Yes, Cons are more for the actor to promote themselves and interact with fans and make a ton of money for a couple days. It is a lot of people and a long day. I'm thinking EBR just doesn't like that part of it. I'm exhausted at the end of them and I didn't have to sign my name over 100 times and take 2 second photos with hundreds of people. 

• Love 3

I think people get worked up over her not being at the Cons because of the cast interactions. The cast seemed to have a blast last week and EBR not being there makes some people nervous. Even though it doesn't actually say anything.

• Love 4

I didn't think so. But if the cast was going to the LA screening, wouldn't we know by now?

You would think the WB would have notified the actors by now but left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing.

I'm just waiting for the screening announcement, I think last year they released it the week before with who will be in attendance.  Maybe the WB set the screening for Sunday night this year which wouldn't interfere with the Con. Or maybe the Screening is going to be GG/EBR and LOT Peeps? All I know is everyone from Arrow but EBR is in San Jose.  DP from Flash, CL from LoT are the only other Flarrowverse Con goers.

As for EBR NOT doing Cons.  I read someone that SA told fans at Louisville that EBR is very shy and that's why she doesn't do Cons.  I can't fault a person for not feeling comfortable at Cons if they're shy and don't enjoy them

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

It's earlier on Sunday -- they're saying folks selected to attend should arrive at 1:30pm:

EVENT DETAILS

Full event details are as follows:

The Flash & Arrow Crossover Screening Event
When: Sunday, November 22, 2015
What: Screening of The Flash ep. 208 “Legends of Today” and Arrow ep. 408 “Legends of Yesterday.”
Where: Event will take place at an as-yet undisclosed venue in the Burbank area. Selected winners will be notified of the location via email.

Please arrive by 1:30pm to guarantee seating. The Company is not responsible for any delay, cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Company reserves the right to not award the prize associated with that canceled event or concert, without any payment or obligation to the winner or potential winner.

Seating inside the theater is first come, first serve. No assigned seats.
Entrants must supply mailing address and email address.

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/flashxarrow-rules

I'm not shy, but I am introverted, and the thought of spending 8-ish hours interacting with hundreds of strangers focusing on me gives me hives.  I am pretty involved in animal rescue, so every other Saturday I attend adoption events with my foster dogs, and it's basically four hours of hell for me.  That's when I'm not a focus and it's a lot shorter time period. 

So more power to her for preserving her mental health if she is also introverted.

• Love 4

EBR also said (I believe in that Girl on Guy interview?) that with how demanding the show is for filming time, she has little "free" time to spend with family and friends, and that she only really keeps in touch with one friend who she had pre-Arrow days. So I can see how she would prioritize seeing her family and friends, especially since unlike other cast members she doesn't have to travel to see any of them. She's also young, and while her and Willa are the same age (I believe?) Willa has been in the industry a lot longer and is probably more comfortable with all of the "demands" and whatnot that come with being on a popular show. 

Part of me wishes she would do more cons because I love her insight on Felicity and the show in general, but I also respect her choice not do to cons. 

• Love 5

I totally respect EBRs decision to not do cons if they are not her thing or do not fit her personality. But I do wonder if she did some cons in a group if that would make her more comfortable and quench some of the fans desire to hear more from her. Kinda make the best of both worlds scenario.

Edited by kismet