Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I had no idea they charged for selfies, I always thought that was just the actors being nice. Wow, these cons really nickel and dime you.

So, I'm hearing that KC was so late for photo op and autograph sessions that the con started giving her stuff away for free. I bet that went over well for an organization that charges the fans to breathe.

I don't know if it's an issue with my tablet or if Periscope videos get taken down relatively soon but the links don't work for me now.

I've read the live tweets and the person doing them sounds great, I just got the impression that not much important was said.

Pic of Arrow panel at Louisville Comic-con on November 7th:
CTO4dZ7UcAAGgI4.jpg
https://twitter.com/AtomicGeekdom/status/663076402384781312

Video clip of SA making a joke and giving a spoiler at Louisville Comic-con:
https://www.facebook.com/patricia.canada1/videos/989281904444307/

Louisville Mayor's office presented SA with a plaque acknowledging his charity work:

Video: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10102909007647375
CTP4aTMWUAAvYT4.jpg
CTP6LOsXAAAtmhR.jpg
https://twitter.com/Crazy4ComicCon/status/663146707404894208

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I wasn't able to really hear either. I got, "Is she OK?" after a woman screamed at him saying Slade was his favorite villain, but there was something else he said before the fist bump which I wasn't able to make out.

The host said, "She had a stroke," and SA replied with, "A Deathstroke." 

• Love 2

It was a vague spoiler.

After talking about Slade Wilson/Deathstroke, SA said that "if you're looking for iconic fights, there might be another fight coming up with another Wilson".

Tweets from Master Sergeant Erin ‏@eeandg81 attending Louisville Comic-con on Nov. 7th (SA's solo panel was changed from Sunday to Saturday, a few hours after the Arrow cast panel)...

-- John just said he's never been out of breath f*ing in his life after carrying Paul and KC onto the stage.
-- John just told KC she did a lot of crying in s1 and s2. Of course she interrupted to talk about herself.
-- Willa said she was a bitch for 3 straight seasons.
-- KC said sticking her mask to her face is really annoying. Then why do you always wear it?????
-- John says he's there when stephen gets scars put on even if he's not shooting. He's always around stephen has a little cloth covering him.
-- KC says thank God for JB or they'd have been even darker during s1.  No mention of Emblot.
-- Asking Willa and KC about female super heroes. KC-wants to see more independent women And women should stick together because we're stronger
-- Willa wants to stop seeing women victimized before they become heroines.
-- KC got a call eight in the middle of answering a caity L question.
-- All 4 guys are looking rather annoyed as she talks about being so close to CL and how much she loves her.
-- Paul just apologized to the moderator for smelling like garlic and being so close to him.
-- Willa loves fast food and Paul says she needs to watch it because it'll bite her in the butt. She said her butt looks great!
-- Asling David a question and KC start talking and interrupts. again.
-- David is calling his son to skype. He siad it's going to be adorable.
-- Stephen said if they were stranded on an island he'd kill the weakest link immediately.
-- Someone asked stephen best thing they've done with the flash cast during crossovers. KC jumps in and says DP is her roommate. Make her stop.
-- 406 through 409 have a chance to be the best ever of the show.
-- They asked about being mayor or PB's son in law. He said a little bit of both but Queen for mayor.
-- Stephen just told KC to answer the question because she wasn't paying attention. She didn't answer the question at all. I'm laughing so hard
-- Willa can't remember the date they started filming and JB said it's fine she was on the tardis with me time traveliing.
-- KC is on her phone trying to hide it.
-- JB is talking and Stephen says Merlin is such a dick. Lol.
-- JB says he likes Team Arrow but if they cross him he'd kill them.
-- Moderator having them sign cards and throw them into the audience.
-- David made his card into a paper airplane. JB put Willa on his shoulders and said he might poop himself.
-- Still no Olicity or Felicity questions.
-- KC's fav episode ever is 313.
-- Willa's fav ep is 407. Stephen's favorite is 116. David's is when Diggle found out Oliver was the vigilante.
-- JB's favorite moment when he reveals to tommy he's the dark archer and when he finds out Oliver is the hood and scenes with Willa.
*** [break before SA's solo panel] ***
-- He said after the first 3 seasons he got to do something else, he got to do someone else.
-- Stephen says he and Emily have been meaning to shoot a video where they drink their Olicity cokes.
-- 1. Kid just asked why he loves Felicity. He said the reason Oliver loves her is because she has allowed him to get in touch with pieces of
-- I swear 407 better be the best hour of tv ever. Stephen seriously loves talking about it!
-- He said he wants to crossover Scandal and then says he's joking and wants to crossover to survivor and pick people off.
CTPxxiuWsAQNeVB.jpg
https://twitter.com/Crazy4ComicCon/status/663139409781506048

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

This was really lovely (first clip has the soft opening to song, second clip has the big finish)...

John Barrowman singing A Thousand Years at Louisville Comicon 2015
Published on Nov 8, 2015, by Galaxy Amethyst

John Barrowman Sings
Published on Nov 8, 2015, by Matt Goodlett

• Love 1

Laura Hurley attended the Louisville Comic-con this weekend and here's her impressions of the Arrow actors after Saturday's panels...

I thought that the group as a whole was pretty subdued during the group panel. Barrowman was as big and boisterous and Barrowman-esque as ever, and Blackthorne was enthusiastic whenever he’d pipe up, but there wasn’t a ton of energy on stage.

Ramsey didn’t get a whole lot of time to talk, and he spent a good chunk of the panel trying to get his son on Skype to say hello. Katie Cassidy seemed a bit uncomfortable but trying to work past it, and Paul Blackthorne was piping in a lot more than might have been necessary. I thought that Willa Holland conducted herself exceptionally, and it was such a nice surprise that she signed on at the list minute. Amell was somewhat subdued as well, which surprised me…until it was time for his solo panel.
Barrowman’s solo panel was right after the Arrow panel, and I finally experienced for myself just how phenomenally that man knows how to work a crowd. Barrowman’s charisma and humor were contagious, and there was such a friendly atmosphere in the ballroom. He also sang, which was pretty great. He was genuine, forthright, funny, and a pleasure to watch. I’d sit in for another Barrowman panel any day, but I will say that I preferred his brand of entertainment more in his solo panel than when it was slightly overbearing the others at the group panel.

Amell’s solo panel was the highlight for me, and I’ve come away endlessly impressed with him. Amell is in a super tough position as the lead of a show that is such a hit with both comic fans and non-comic fans, and he handles the balance very well. He clearly had to choose his words carefully and had to avoid mentioning any personal attachments to the actresses for obvious reasons, but he was seamless and personable through the entire panel. He was diplomatic and fun without being generic, and he never felt as though he were putting on an act. After his ease on stage at his solo panel, I came away with the impression that he was being a team player with the group panel. I’ve always had a high opinion of Stephen Amell’s skills at performing and raising money for charity and being devastatingly handsome, but seeing him charm a crowd (myself included) was a treat.

• Love 4

Pics of Arrow cast during Louisville Comic-con panel (posted at amellynation.com):

http://amellynation.com/2015/11/07/new-fan-pics-of-stephen-amell-and-the-cast-of-arrow-during-the-stars-of-arrow-panel/

Tweets from Triple Threat Talk ‏@Triplethreatalk:

-- John being John! He carried Paul and Katie to the stage!
-- Stephen on if it's more or less stressful in Season 4: Much more stressful to get it right.
-- Funny line forJohn in Episode 408, with a missing comma."Oliver, if anything happens to my daughter I will come for you (dirty joke implied)
-- On acting with Katie again: "I love working with my sis. She's so cute"
-- Willa: I love Jack in the Box and my ass looks great!
-- Stephen: if on an island with the cast I'd kill the weakest link!
-- Stephen and Willa: episodes 406 -409 have the potential to be the best, ESPECIALLY 407!
-- Paul on Oliver as mayor or son in law: "Queen for mayor" lol.
-- Paul on Merlyn "He's a dick" These guys are great!
-- Davids son joining us on Skype! Cute!
-- John on playing a Doctor to playing Ras" I'm blessed. They are like family.I like The Doctor was full of love, Merlyn isnt"
-- The cast throwing playing cards because of their recent fight with the card meta human
-- Question for all "Does anyone have a weird hobby, and John, keep in PG" to wit "You're to young to be talking like that young lady"
-- Stephen "I might have just started playing clash of clans"
-- Why doesn't Oliver have a pet?"I could have a dog,and name him Tommy"BURN!
-- Cast ? "Favorite episodes " David "When Diggle found out Oliver was Vigilante"
-- John "Telling Tommy I was dark archer, and When I realized I couldn't kill Ollie when I found out who he was."
-- Stephen "when Tommy found out who I was"
-- In Conclusion Stephen says production starts on E80 Monday,but hey we are no Supernatural.We're on top of our LAURELS!
*** [break before SA solo panel] ***
-- ?- Has the physical action gotten harder?
No its gotten easier. Ie, block kick, bloco, block  arrow.  He'll practice twice and then do
-- ? Who has custody of "Ship of the year award?"
I don't know
-- ?- what's the favorite part about being the arrow
Putting on the suit. I suggest getting one.
-- ?-Why do you love Felicity
She gets him in touch with all the thingsthat make him better person. 
-- ?-Was your dream always to be an actor
I had scholarship to play football (rb). Went to acting school and then toToronto to work insurance
-- I took stock of what was important to me. Family,  friends, then moved to California 2 years to the day of being cast to #Arrow
-- ?-if you write your own season,who would be the antagonist and what would it be about
I don't think we've done any better than Deathstroke.
-- ? What's your favorite stunt you've done. 
The first stunt you saw, when Oliver killed the 3 guys.
-- A lot of talk of episode 407 today."It will take the action to the next level.I whip a dude and that's 9th best scene it the episode
-- ?- Whose most like their character?
David
-- ?-any talks about going back to WWE again
I'd be shocked if I didn't wrestle again
-- ?-what did Oliver do with Takeo's ashes
He just left them. It's part of the hard truth of Oliver.
-- ? What's your favorite part of the Reverse Flash fight
Working with my cousin Robbie
-- ?What would you change if mayor of Louisville for a day
DERBY TRAFFIC
HIRE THIS MAN
-- ? Favorite scene of Turtles 2 so far.
The Turtle lair is the coolest movie set I've ever worked on, and it's not even close
-- ? If arrow goes to 6th season, would the flashbacks be reruns of previous seasons (lols all over)
Good question,  it'll be interesting
-- ?if you could play any female role in arrow, which one and why
Huntress.  The vendetta was specific. I was so fond of the character
-- ?what other shows would you like to crossover on
Scandal....WAIT...Survivor so I could stand in a tower and pick people off
-- ?if you were stuck on an island how long would you last
As Direct TV weapon. (Lols) I would go till I couldn't or being rescued
-- Being presented with an award from the City of Louisville.
-- ?-if you couldwrestle any star, who and why
Cesaro
-- ?-WE GOT OUR QANSWERED! PTSD question
No it doesn't really leak through to me as an actor.Oliver dealing with itin his way, helps me
-- SPOILER FROM STEPHEN

THERE MAY BE AN EPIC FIGHT COMING WITH ANOTHER 'WILSON'

-- Last ?- Whose your favorite villain?
Besides Deathstroke (girls yells wildly )
Is she ok? Did she have a ....DEATHSTROKE. (Lols for a while)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Tweets from Nic @OlicitysCastle at SA's solo panel at Louisville:
-- Stephen says that over four years, he's become extraordinarily great friends with John
-- Stephen says he became fast friends with Neal as well
-- Stephen says he doesn't know who has custody of the ship of the year award
-- Favorite thing about being the arrow is putting on the suit
-- Everyone get a superhero suit -Stephen Amell
-- Oliver loves Felicity because she makes him a better person (paraphrase)
-- Most proud of first stunt on the show
-- Stephen's weapon of choice for being stranded on a deserted island is direct tv

Tweets from Sally @asparkinyou at SA's solo panel at Louisville:
-- They have Olicity stuff in their trailer, and they've been meaning to shoot a video together
-- Best part of filming Arrow is wearing that Green Arrow suit. He's gushing on the suit.
-- WHY OLIVER LOVES FELICITY
-- That was a perfect answer @amellywood No wonder you are the Captain of the ship.
-- Stephen talks about how relationships and characters are more important than action sequences. *CLAPS*
-- He knows all the words to Frozen. All for his precious baby girl!
-- "God bless you. Thank you guys so much!"
He warms my heart!
-- He didn't tell anyone about WWE match(?). He only told his daughter.

Tweets from Rachel Harsin @rharsin at both Arrow and SA panels in Louisville:
-- Stephen says season 4 is much more fun on set than season 1, they are a family
-- Willa says she played a bitch for 3 yrs, now she's getting it together but she probably won't ever get control of her emotions
-- Katie wants more strong independent women superheroes & Willa says she doesn't want women victimized before becoming a hero
-- Katie says whenever @caitylotz is around she feels like she can't stop smiling
-- Paul says Willa needs to stop eating horrible food that's bad for her bum but Willa says her ass looks great, haha
-- David facetimes with his little boy all the time, he's trying to get his son to Skype right
-- Stephen says they shot out of order to be able to do the Constantine episode
-- Stephen says they have a good camaraderie with The Flash cast and they have different catering.The crossovers are "stupendous"
-- Stephen comes to the Kentucky derby, he's been to 4 now
-- Paul was asked if he'd rather have Oliver as mayor or as son-in-law: he's enjoying their bonding & says a little bit of both!
-- Paul says Malcolm Merlyn is his fave character but he says don't trust him or (jokingly) the guy that plays him, lol
-- They are signing playing cards and throwing them in the audience - they did not go far, lol!!!
-- John collects TV memorabilia, he has like 300 funkos. He also collects cars
-- Katie plays video games and she makes faces while she plays, John secretly films her, she says it's creepy, lol
-- A little girl just asked why Oliver doesn't have dog, Stephen says he doesn't know, John says Oliver should get a monkey. & crow for Merlyn
-- Stephen says he loves episode 1.16, Willa loves a shot coming up in 4.07, David's fave ep is when Diggle found out Oliver was a vigilante
-- Willa always calls John "dad" and John loves shooting scenes with her her because he likes being a dad
-- Stephen says they're grateful to the fanbase & everyone passionate about the show.Paul says a tv show is nothing w/o its fans!
-- Stephen always goes away for Christmas break because it's his guaranteed vacation
-- Stephen says the spawning off other shows doesn't put more pressure on them but it means they are doing a good job
-- Stephen says he has grown close to everyone. He's very close to John and David. He's fast friends with Neal McDonough
-- Stephen says he doesn't know who has custody of the actual fave ship awarded, but they both have coke bottles that say Olicity
-- 6 people gave Stephen bourbon before 10:30am today because it's Louisville,  Kentucky! Hahahaha
-- Stephen's face thing about being the Arrow is putting on that suit! It's awesome putting on a superhero suit!
-- Stephen says the new costume is a little more tactical

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Laura Hurley's report on SA's solo panel at Louisville Comic Con...

‘Arrow’ star Stephen Amell dishes on Season 4 at Wizard World Louisville 2015
http://www.examiner.com/article/arrow-star-stephen-amell-dishes-on-season-4-at-wizard-world-louisville-2015

... Amell admitted that the sleevelessness seemed like a much better idea when it wasn't chilly November, but he'd had more than fashion on his mind when giving his input on the new design. "If we're really selling the idea of a fundamental change within this character," explained Amell, "then we really need to do something different with the suit."

The suit has come in handy is raising the stakes of the action sequences, and Amell promised that an upcoming episode directed by stunt coordinator James Bamford will bring the most epic action sequences that the series has seen so far, one of which will somehow include Oliver whipping a bad guy. Still, Amell maintained that what really sets Arrow apart are the characters and relationships behind the action.

On that note, any panel discussing the life of Oliver Queen would have been incomplete without touching on the hero’s lady love. Although Emily Bett Rickards was not present at Wizard World, Amell was enthusiastic in representing the Oliver half of Olicity. Host Tony B. Kim’s first question even regarded the “Ship of the Year” award that Oliciters snagged for Oliver and Felicity over the summer. While Amell admitted that he doesn't quite know where the actual award is at the moment, he did use the opportunity to affirm his belief that the rabid fan support for the Oliver/Felicity love story is completely organic to the development of the dynamic.

It was a question about Olicity from a young fan that got the most “Awww!” reactions out of the crowd when she asked just why it is that Oliver loves Felicity. Stephen Amell gave her a heck of a good answer, saying, “The reason Oliver loves Felicity is because Felicity has allowed him to get in touch with pieces of his personality and his character that he thought were long gone. And even better, new pieces that he never knew were there, so she makes him a better person. And thus, he loves her.”

Frankly, if there were any in the audience who hadn't let out an "Aww!" when the question was first asked, the expression on Stephen Amell's face when he explained Oliver's love for Felicity would have been enough to win them over.
Amell failed to disclaim “Spoiler alert!” for this particular storyline, so it’s probably safe to assume that a Slade Wilson/Oliver Queen island death match is probably being saved for a Season 14 or so. Amell did drop one major spoiler, though:

there will be an “iconic” fight coming up for Oliver with another Wilson.

Edited by tv echo

I think the Felicity Smoak cosplayer gave Stephen an Olicity coke can (bottle?) after his Nerd HQ panel at SDCC.

Thank you, that must be it. Though that woman had two cans - Oliver and Felicity - so I must've mixed it up with something else, cause I'm sure I've seen the can with  Olicity somewhere.

"Still, Amell maintained that what really sets Arrow apart are the characters and relationships behind the action."

I'd agree but the problem is, is that too many fans view that as boring.

What, are they supposed to just do non-stop action sequences every week? 

• Love 3

"Still, Amell maintained that what really sets Arrow apart are the characters and relationships behind the action."

I'd hesitate to speculate as to what other fans find boring, but I do think the characters and relationships are an important part of the show and probably one that has helped Arrow succeed where other action shows have failed. A series of stunts may look cool, but it can't carry a show.

One of the reasons I think Thea's Speedy has been so successful this season, for example, is because the audience cares about her journey, about how she's managed to find a way to deal with the pain that she's faced in her personal relationships with her parents (all three of them), with Oliver, and with Roy. Conversely, Laurel's Black Canary may, in part, be less successful because she lacks the same kind of personal motivation, so her journey just isn't as interesting. They both do similar stunts, but I really only care about Speedy as a hero because I'm invested in Thea.

And I can only speak for myself here, but I think the action sequences are much more boring than the characters and relationships. The characters and their relationships are the reason I like Arrow better than any other superhero show, including ones that have superior action sequences (Daredevil comes to mind here). Action can look cool, but watching someone shoot arrows and joust on a motorcycle, is certainly not enough to make me invest much time, energy, or interest into a show. But if I understand why they're doing it--and if I'm invested enough in their character that I care that they win whatever fight they're in--that's something I can find interesting.

Edited by Cerulean Blue
  • Love 23

I know commenting on fans' opinions is verboten here, so I'll just speak for myself and agree with @Cerulean Blue when I say that action means nothing if I don't know the motivation behind it, so watching all of these people being heroes without knowing what drives them or understanding what's at stake would be pointless. 

• Love 9

I know commenting on fans' opinions is verboten here, so I'll just speak for myself and agree with @Cerulean Blue when I say that action means nothing if I don't know the motivation behind it, so watching all of these people being heroes without knowing what drives them or understanding what's at stake would be pointless. 

I agree with Cerulean Blue and apinknightmare. I love stunts and stunt performers. They are some of the nicest, most genuine actors I've ever met. However, stunts should enhance a show not be the show. I care about the cool things the Arrow can do because I care about Oliver. I loved the Daredevil hallway scene because I cared that Matt Murdock was fighting past his pain and exhaustion to save a kidnapped kid. That's not even getting into the stunts being weaker these past two seasons. 

• Love 4

I just read that they're doing the Flarrow screening the same tine as the San Jose Con. Can anyone confirm? If true, I wonder how that's going to work?

They are doing it at the same time. There is a contest going on where you can win a trip to the viewing of the Flarrow crossover. The date they have for the screening is Nov. 21-Nov. 23. Link to the rules of the contest: http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/cw-crossover-rules/

Edited by Chasity

Maybe they will send GG and EBR to the screening since they don't do Cons. Or rearrange the schedule to allow some of the actors to fly down. I guess it could just be show runners at the screening. That sounds much less exciting.

They are doing it at the same time. There is a contest going on where you can win a trip to the viewing of the Flarrow crossover. The date they have for the screening is Nov. 21-Nov. 23. Link to the rules of the contest: http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/cw-crossover-rules/

Thanks. I wonder how that will play out? I know EBR/WH aren't scheduled for San Jose and most of Flash (except DP) and LoT (except CL) are available. Maybe the do all LOT except CL and add GG/EBR? Or maybe LoT (minus CL) plus GG and they force SA to fly in?

I can't speak for anyone else but personally, I don't find that boring. I love the action but I need the balance of the character moments/relationships. If I don't care about the person underneath the mask, then I don't care about watching them fight in the field. Fancy stunts be damned. 

Edited by Guest

For me, I prefer a balance. But I will say I do prioritze character development over action sequences. The only thing that kept me going when s3 got bad was the fact that I was invested in most of the characters. If all the show offered was action, I probably would have checked out during s3.

• Love 2

I'll just speak for myself and agree with @Cerulean Blue when I say that action means nothing if I don't know the motivation behind it, so watching all of these people being heroes without knowing what drives them or understanding what's at stake would be pointless. 

That's pretty much what director David Nutter told Stephen Amell when they were shooting the pilot.  SA asked what the most important scene was, thinking it was an action scene, and Nutter replied that it was the dinner scene because if you can't connect with and care about the characters on an emotional level, the action doesn't mean much.

• Love 14
He clearly had to choose his words carefully and had to avoid mentioning any personal attachments to the actresses for obvious reasons,

I...don't get this statement. I don't see any questions asked that relate to this, and I don't get why would he have to talk about his personal attachments to "the actresses?" And what would be the obvious reasons?

I think it's because he didn't list being close to any of the woman on the cast, just John and David. That's the only thing I can connect the statement too. I'm assuming she is implying he couldn't play favorites with the woman and that's why he didn't say anything.

I don't understand why that needed to be brought up though. That answer seems pretty consistent. IIRC he always says he is closest to David and John.

• Love 1

I figured that because of the lead-in about comics fans vs. non-comics fans that she meant that he was diplomatic about ships and was careful not to engage in any Laurel vs. Felicity (or EBR vs KC) stuff?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Maybe it was because Stephen was asked by the young fan why he loved Fecility but answered making sure to say Oliver loves Felicity? But that is character and not actress so I don't know.

I figured that because of the lead-in about comics fans vs. non-comics fans that she meant that he was diplomatic about ships and was careful not to engage in any Laurel vs. Felicity (or EBR vs KC) stuff?

That's why option C is the best :D

Video clips of Arrow panel at Louisville Comic Con...

Arrow actors throw cards to audience
Published on Nov 8, 2015, by Rachel Harsin

PB, JB and SA re-enact the first scene that JB was in with PB

Published on Nov 8, 2015, by Rachel Harsin

• Love 2