Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

There's no proof that KC was even participating in that interview involving the white board, right? I would have a very hard time believing Emily would either intentionally/unintentionally exclude her otherwise--especially given Emily and Katie couldn't keep their hands and lips off each other all day long. I wouldn't read much into it.

• Love 6

Even David Ramsey called Laurel the Canary and KC had to correct him... Yikes!

http://obsessedwitharrow.tumblr.com/post/123867625837/ew-interview-with-the-cast-of-arrow

In that video, everyone is really chatty except for KC and PB, although he quips about Lance putting a salmon ladder in his office.

KC had a giant, gorgeous smile throughout most of the group interview, but I got the impression she might be shy or at least hesitant to speak up in that group of hams.  The only question specifically directed to her was about whether she was excited to finally be doing some action--and she had to correct the guy and remind him that she did action in S3 (as wonderwall would say, Yikes!).  But her actual response was very brief and almost monosyllabic.

I wonder if with the way everything has gone much, much differently than when she started the series if she'll hang around until the end.  Posters here speculate that EBR might move on to other projects before the series end, but I'm not sure we've had that conversation about KC.  That might be for a different thread, though.

(edited)

Yeah, I'm not sure I would trust anything completely right now. Except the casting spoilers. The big thing for season three was Sara's murder, and they managed to keep that entirely under wraps until the episode aired (partially by distracting everyone with the Olicity date). And this year they haven't even started filming yet, so....

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 6
(edited)

Even David Ramsey called Laurel the Canary and KC had to correct him... Yikes!

http://obsessedwitharrow.tumblr.com/post/123867625837/ew-interview-with-the-cast-of-arrow

THis is exactly what I thought. 

Seriously though teh only two things I'm thoroughly disappointed in is:

• The lack of Diggle spoilers/noise
  • Felicity's father arc might be pushed back to next season

Seriously. The two things I really wanted to hear about.

I hadn't seen that interview. Very different vibe then the one done last year.

Edited by 10Eleven12

There's no proof that KC was even participating in that interview involving the white board, right? I would have a very hard time believing Emily would either intentionally/unintentionally exclude her otherwise--especially given Emily and Katie couldn't keep their hands and lips off each other all day long. I wouldn't read much into it.

Its a stupid theory by LL's worst stan.So nobody else thinks that,not even other people on imdb who love to hate on Felicity. 

• Love 1
(edited)

One thing I did find interesting....in the IGN interview with SA, EBR, and Wendy Mericle, Wendy said that Neal McDonough was their first choice for Damien Darhk. So...maybe no one else ever auditioned? I was just thinking about comments earlier that Sabastian Roche might have inside info about the role if he had auditioned.

I also thought it was interesting that she said they wanted someone that was, I forget the exact wording, but basically someone that could stand up against John Barrowman and Manu Bennett as menacing Big Bads. She did not say Matt Nable, which may mean nothing, but I found it very interesting.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

Can I just say I had a pretty good impression of Wendy Mericle? She was my biggest positive surprise today. Asserted, articulated, self-deprecating. I liked what I saw.

I loved that she said were gonna see what Felicity wants outside a relationship.I had doubts about her when I saw some of her episodes,but she came across well in interviews.

• Love 7
(edited)

Can I just say I had a pretty good impression of Wendy Mericle? She was my biggest positive surprise today. Asserted, articulated, self-deprecating. I liked what I saw.

Best part is, she never once used the words 'epic' OR 'game changer'.

I adored what she said about Felicity, she seems really in tune with that character and what's needed of her. She's a keeper

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 14

Wait. Just because EBR was holding that whiteboard doesn't mean she wrote the list of names on it. I mean, whoever wrote it called the show 'The Arrow' instead of just Arrow. Omg. I don't think EBR would intentionally forget someones name or the name of the show. Crazy talk. Why am I not surprised by who put that assumption out there? Ugh. 

Anyway, I too thought it was odd we didn't hear anything about LL but a) I didn't go looking for info so there might be stuff out there and I just don't know it. And b) her arc was kept under wraps last season, and she became BC so...obviously she's getting something spoilery by the sounds of it. And it likely involves Sara (and probably her father). It's not Arrow without Lance family drama, amirite?

• Love 3

It's not Arrow without Lance family drama, amirite?

*sigh* why can't it be Arrow without Lance family drama? It would make the show a whole lot better. No one cares about the lance family drama it literally makes no impact to the story

• Love 11

*sigh* why can't it be Arrow without Lance family drama? It would make the show a whole lot better. No one cares about the lance family drama it literally makes no impact to the story

There's no polite way of me answering that question. 

• Love 3

Maybe its because they can't think of anything else for Laurel.They gave her everything in season 3,all thats left is Lance family drama.They're keeping her apart from Oliver in that way so she's not gonna have it with him.I wonder why no mention of a LI for her,i think they said they wanted to do it this season since it never happened with Ted.This is the most  polite I can get about her. :)

I love that she wants more for her character. I hope the writers give it to her. I also love the way she was so diplomatic about some the lesser parts of s3 that perhaps were not the best for her character.

• Love 7

You know she handles herself very well. Especially because I have never seen interviewers state to anyone else in the cast the downfalls of their characters. Not to say I think Felicity had a downfall. Just speaking in general. But, I've never seen Willa being told Thea is a brat, or how Laurel is so selfish, etc. So it just makes me root for Emily and Felicity more because of the way she handles these questions. Could you imagine if it was anyone else in the cast? That Blastr interview really bugged me if it was the GATV guy at the table. I'm glad she made that offended comment and let him have it back. She could've easily ignored him and continued on with other people at the table. But she answered his ridiculous question.

• Love 6

Y'know, having slept on it, I think it's the whole Opera Glove effect that the sleevelessness and then the gauntlets give that I really dislike about that costume. It just looks very very odd. And if we were going to get a sleeveless costume then why not Diggle? Covering those arms really is a crime.

• Love 4

I posted the link in the News and Media thread, but apparently the sleeveless costume was SA's idea.

That's not saying it makes me any happier with it - it still reminds me far too much of the Smallville look.

EBR's interviews really remind me of the lack of interviews she had during season 3. She always offers such great insight into Felicity's way of thinking that I hope we'll get more BTS talks with her.

• Love 11

I'm not crazy about the new sleeveless costume, but I've decided my headcanon is that Felicity designed the new suit that way because she loves Oliver's biceps. In turn, he doesn't tell her how impractical it is because he not-so-secretly loves that she loves his biceps. And he wants to look good for her.

If it ends up being Cisco designed, my headcanon is that Felicity offered to trade some cool new tech she developed for Cisco leaving the sleeves off.

• Love 8

I liked this interview, especially the part about family:

Wendi is getting my hopes up by being super awesome in interviews.

Things I really liked: Oliver in a suit, focusing on the city more, introducing Damien early on, recognizing there was a problem with the flashbacks in S3, exploring family.

Still confused about Felicity's storyline. Emily saying her dad would be at the end, if he comes into play. Wendi saying they haven't figured him in yet. But in this interview, mentioning Felicity's family again. 

I like that they mentioned exploring more Diggle and Felicity. I needed more teases on Diggle. DR seems to be the only one talking about that and it makes me a little concerned.

EBR's interviews really remind me of the lack of interviews she had during season 3. She always offers such great insight into Felicity's way of thinking that I hope we'll get more BTS talks with her.

She really impressed me at this Con. I find her always enjoyable, but sometimes a little hit and miss when it comes to articulating herself. She would have a good insight and then say something I didn't quite understand. She felt more comfortable this time around. It was a nice mix of presenting what she knew, what she didn't and what she wanted. Please speak up all the time about your character, for all intents and purposes you are the female lead.

• Love 5

That costume causes me severe pain. It's so impractical. Don't they film in Vancouver? Doesn't it get kinda cold there? Poor Stephen. I thought he was always adamant on the sleeves.

That helmet is stupid and causes me severe pain as well.

This show needs a new costume designer.

• Love 6

The panel!

I was so happy to hear JB answer the relationship dynamics question by saying he's hoping for more sparring between Malcolm and Felicity. I loved that dynamic last year and I hope it continues to be a running theme. John and Emily obviously have a great relationship off-screen and it translates really well on screen. So yes, more of that, please.

• Love 9
(edited)

Re: the costume. Not crazy about it. It's too superheroish for my taste and I loved the understated simplicity of the first one. Plus, the hood always reminds me of the good old times when the flashbacks were great, of Yao Fei, Shado and Slade.

Above all: Why does it look more black than green precisely when Oliver becomes the Green Arrow?

I won't even get started on the Digmet. I know Diggle needs some identity concealment but I'd have liked him to get a hood, too. And, the hot scruff would be more visible.

Edited by Happy Harpy

Re watched the Laurel Brown interview with Emily. Even more impressed. She acknowledged the criticism as valid, tried to explain it into the narrative of the character's season and then how to more forward with the character. And super charming in the process.

Also, subtle shade at the writers for exhausting Felicity in order to make other characters work.

• Love 13

EBR is so lovely and charming. I'm forever heart eyes at her! I think she's coming into her own now and maybe a little more comfortable with press. I think people forget she'd never done any of this before Arrow. It must have been daunting at first. 

• Love 6

Having just watched the LoT panel, Geoff Johns called Sara's Canary one of his favorite characters on Arrow and loved the re visioned back story for the Black Canary. If the CCO of DC calls her Black Canary, she was Black Canary. 

• Love 15

Wendi is getting my hopes up by being super awesome in interviews.

Things I really liked: Oliver in a suit, focusing on the city more, introducing Damien early on, recognizing there was a problem with the flashbacks in S3, exploring family.

Still confused about Felicity's storyline. Emily saying her dad would be at the end, if he comes into play. Wendi saying they haven't figured him in yet. But in this interview, mentioning Felicity's family again.

I like that they mentioned exploring more Diggle and Felicity. I needed more teases on Diggle. DR seems to be the only one talking about that and it makes me a little concerned.

She really impressed me at this Con. I find her always enjoyable, but sometimes a little hit and miss when it comes to articulating herself. She would have a good insight and then say something I didn't quite understand. She felt more comfortable this time around. It was a nice mix of presenting what she knew, what she didn't and what she wanted. Please speak up all the time about your character, for all intents and purposes you are the female lead.

Agree with u on all points. I was surprised, MG gave a whole interview and I didn't cringe once! He even used some of his favorite would words like twists! WM seems to be presenting some promising hope on how she'll help steer the ship.

• Love 4

The EW interview is the new IGN interview. I get KC must be annoyed with Caity being call Black Canary left and right, but do not 'correct' DR when calls your character Canary instead of Black Canary. DR seemed annoyed in his response to that, but I wasn't sure until I re-watched it and that awkward beat plus Barowman jumping in with 'you can see we like to wind each other up and have a good laugh.' Yeah, that was bad.

Calling Sara Canary and then Laurel Black Canary was so stupid. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Black Canary often referred to as Canary in the comics? 

• Love 8
(edited)

Minus what they did to him last season (which was Laurel fault) I like Lance, and adore Sara. to me the problem is Laurel, when Drama happens in the family it always somehow revolves around her, even when it shouldn't. so my fait conclusion is: get rid of Laurel, will get rid of the annoying drama (I like drama just not stupidly written drama).

I'm not crazy about the new sleeveless costume, but I've decided my headcanon is that Felicity designed the new suit that way because she loves Oliver's biceps. In turn, he doesn't tell her how impractical it is because he not-so-secretly loves that she loves his biceps. And he wants to look good for her.

If it ends up being Cisco designed, my headcanon is that Felicity offered to trade some cool new tech she developed for Cisco leaving the sleeves off.

I need both of these scenarios written into a fan fic.. with Oliver thinking in his head how awful the outfit it, but because he is so In-love he just nods and smiles and is a good hobby.

Man I hope that outfit changes before the winter finale. i'm less pissed off at it, but i still hate it. 

I'd also like to echo my likeness for Wendy, here is me crossing my fingers that she'll get free range and not have to be saddled down by MG even if he's not fully in charge anymore, and here's to crossing my fingers she'll do well. I want her to do well, not just for the show sake, but because she's a woman, and you don't see alot of those heading a comic book show, hopefully she can stabilize the show back to normal. first course: get rid of the new custom by the winter finale. second course: get rid of buckles (I haven't eaten yet so i'm in sugarless bliss)

FYI, did anyone notice that when the cast came out KC got the least applause? like it was full on shaking the hall when DR, EBR & SA came out (even when the GG and GB) but than it was so lite when KC came out.. like you could hear some people but it was obvious it was a small minority.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2
(edited)

Did Cassidy get asked any questions on the panel? I haven't watched it yet. I do feel sort of bad for Cassidy, not only is Sara/Caity being called Black Canary all over comic con by the other actors, producers and the CCO of DC, she also got a screaming and cheering every time they mentioned Sara being alive. 

And from Cassidy comment about being a reason for LoT. I'm thinking Laurel brings Sara back to life and the EP's spinned it to her as that means Laurel played a big part in bringing Team Legends together. When in reality they just used her character to bring back the more popular character. That's also where I think some writers that must not be big fans of show got confused with Laurel being a part of LoT.

Now Laurel may be the floater because they still have no idea what to do with her character. She doesn't fit anywhere. When the simple answer is send her packing to offscreenville. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Did Cassidy get asked any questions on the panel? I haven't watched it yet. I do feel sort of bad for Cassidy, not only is Sara/Caity being called Black Canary all over comic con by the other actors, producers and the CCO of DC, she also got a screaming and cheering every time they mentioned Sara being alive.

Yes, she was asked a question.