Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

In some of SA's interviews today he implied that the first half of Arrow/The Flash's seasons would be about launching the characters (probably Ray/Sara on Arrow) for the LoT spin-off. I think that might be the reason that Felicity's dad has potentially been pushed off (again, sigh), because there will be way too much going on to deal with him. 

• Love 1

I'm just not comfortable with this. We already have metas who make Oliver seem useless, and now we might have supporting characters on his own show who render him unnecessary.

You know, this is something from the comic books I wish Arrow would explore.

~"IN THE COMICS"~, Oliver is perfectly aware that he's useless against a bunch of meta villains, and that all of the meta superheroes are better than him in so many ways. But he's still gonna try and figure out ways to be useful, and oftentimes it's his crazy outside the box thinking, and the fact that folks underestimate the hell out of him that ends up giving him the upper hand.

Letting go of the need to be ~the Alpha~ at all times, and learning to delegate more, would also bring him closer to comic book Oliver Queen in a more in depth way than a goatee and a Robin Hood cosplay.

• Love 8

Should work on a computer:

Emily's interview (x)

Stephen's interview (x)

David's interview (x)

You can go here for links to Willa's and JB's interviews: https://twitter.com/blastr

Has anybody who doesn't have an Apple or an Android device been able to see these?  I tried downloading the Amazon Periscope app for my Kindle Fire, but I guess there's a reason it's rated so badly (ie, doesn't work, or at least it wouldn't search for the interviews).  The links above take me to a Periscope download page for Apple/Android devices.  Many thanks for anybody with some suggestions.

Re: Stephen's interview with Laurel Brown, for some reason I love that he was so specific about the loss of Oliver's public life (mid S2 through all of S3).  I appreciate that he can be so detailed about stuff.

I could have sworn the big DC shindig last year was streamed live. And does this mean we don't get a panel of just the Arrow folks, like other shows?  Last year there was an Arrow panel, as well as the big multi-show panel.

Well, now I feel like a complete ditz.  I went back to the link, on Chrome this time, on the PC to give it another go, hit the big Play button and it worked fine (d'oh).  I had tried that on the kindle and nothing happened, so I thought you had to download the app first.  Ugh, Technology 1, Jen 0.

Thanks for the clarification on the panels, Morrigan2575.

• Love 1

I'm kinda glad the panels aren't live because I prefer to read what's been said before I watch something - to stop me from being too disappointed or too excited.

Bring on the live tweets.

• Love 1

Oh, I think she looks amazing! It's not something I would choose personally but she's rocking it. I'd love to see what it looks like from a distance when you can't see the nude mesh on her arms. Hot.

• Love 3
(edited)

I mean, she looks really pretty in what is basically a figure skating dress, but I'm just not a fan of that illusion mesh stuff in general, and I cannot imagine how she's going to sit on-stage in that thing!

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 8

Is there a link to the IGN interview?  The livestream had passed by the time I saw the link.  Is there a better way to find all these interviews in real time?  I feel like I'm always playing catch up, though I'm constantly refreshing this forum and tumblr.  I thought they were doing their panel earlier, but it must be later.  What will be the best way to catch that?

If you do try to play the IGN live streaming link back on page 156, go to the 3 hour and 29 minute mark.  That is the start of EBR, SA and Wendy Mericle's interview.  Before that were a BUNCH of other interviews including one with GG,CP,DP  and one with BR and CL. 

Wendy Mericle made it seem like it was going to be something that happened in the first episode.

I think we all need to remember how much all the speculation we heard as spoilers for the whole season ended up being just exaggerated stuff from the first couple episodes.  Don't know what WM is implying but I'm trying not to read into anything said as anything long term.    I wouldn't be surprised that if at the end of 4-1 that Felicity finds some proof that Ray is not dead  but I doubt much time will be spent. 

People getting hacked on Twitter is practically routine, at this point. I'm lucky it hasn't happened to me in my five years on Twitter, but at one point or another, at least 40% of the people I follow have been hacked, including my best friend and a lot of the celebrities I follow. Thankfully, there's nothing malicious about it and people generally aren't targeted because of who they are. Most of the time, it's done by bots, actually. So if KC has been hacked, I doubt very much that it was by someone who doesn't like her. 

I*ve been hacked too.  I think it is a right of passage. 

• Love 1

I mean, she looks really pretty in what is basically a figure skating dress, but I'm just not a fan of that illusion mesh stuff in general, and I cannot imagine how she's going to sit on-stage in that thing!

I legit just sent an email to a friend that said "Emily on Ice", so. Yeah.

• Love 6

I legit just sent an email to a friend that said "Emily on Ice", so. Yeah.

Yeah, it's totally a figure skating dress. I don't like illusion mesh either, and that dress isn't the best, but I think the whole package is really pretty? IDK, the hair, the dress and the makeup is just working for me. 

• Love 3

I love the lace on her wrists and liked the neck line on first impression.  I think I'd need to see more images to form a firm opinion. 

CJrJhVoWUAAtTwN.jpg

I looked at this three separate times before I realized Willa was doing the groping on EBR rather than PB.  LOL..

IGN interview with Stephen and Emily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djLLYvAA8gA&list=PLraFbwCoisJCrcGxePD33XN783n-bNrRj&index=1

Different from last years when SA looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.

I didn't realize the first time I watched that Emily had fed Stephen the Felicitys Dad answer but good for her. She brought it up and made Wendi answer. I hope that means Emily is pushing harder for her story. Excited about Thea's development. Super annoyed about Ray.

Wendi still needs to prove herself but from the interviews I have seen I like how she presents herself.

• Love 8

yea.. no. that dress does not work for me on her. maybe if it the white was a different shade. I feel like this dress in white would work better on someone with a darker skin tone (like CP or the girl who plays Hawkgirl - whose name I will one day learn and remember), but Emily has a very vanilla white skin tone and it just doesn't work. I think the dress should have been red or a dark purple (like Indigo).

• Love 1

Is most of the information that comes out of ComicCon really just stuff about the first couple episodes?

From the actors (possibly barring Stephen), I'd say yes since it's all they've read.

The writers/EPs would know more obviously. 

From the actors (possibly barring Stephen), I'd say yes since it's all they've read.

The writers/EPs would know more obviously. 

Stephen has only read the script for the first 3 episodes so there's that

Yeah, it's totally a figure skating dress. I don't like illusion mesh either, and that dress isn't the best, but I think the whole package is really pretty? IDK, the hair, the dress and the makeup is just working for me. 

It's the fact that it's white. If it was a different color it wouldn't work at all.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh, definitely, she looks gorgeous, but she's also about to enter the rink and perform for the gold.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 6

Yeah, i think it all looks cool but the sleeves. Why would you leave your skin exposed like that? And the shoulder pads...IDK. I like 90% of it.

It looks cool, but I just....... It's not practical. 

I hope it looks different in live action. 

At least there will be more bicep action in s4???

• Love 3