Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Stephen Amell retweeted

Paley Center @paleycenter  ·  15h 15 hours ago

Wouldja look at the #PaleyFest crowd for #Arrow & #TheFlash?! Wow!!!

CAGbbq0U0AACcdx.jpg

https://twitter.com/amellywood

Colin Donnell @colindonnell  ·  15h 15 hours ago

Smiling in Chicago seeing the tweets about Tommy at the #Arrow #PaleyFest. Speaks volumes to the writers, fellow actors and you the fans!

https://twitter.com/colindonnell

Geoff Johns @geoffjohns  ·  15h 15 hours ago

Great Arrow/Flash panels today for Paley Fest!!! Crowds were amazing! @GBerlanti @AJKreisberg @mguggenheim @amellywood @grantgust #KidBarry

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns

Edited by tv echo

Honestly I thought something was going on among the audience during that bit. Like maybe people were reacting "badly" at her talking about Felicity's other options and he went with the "let's all be adults" to defuse it?

I don't think its that Oliver doesn't want Felicity to be happy it's that he doesn't want it be Ray. And who can blame him? Ray has SWF his life to a degree and one upped him.  He'd be jealous of anyone but I think he could live with it being Barry Allen, for example, because he likes Barry and trusts Barry.

• Love 1

I thought people weren't buying the Oliver wants her to be happy bit so SA was like we can be adults. It looked like Emily was amused by SA. She seemed to know what kind of expression she would get from him. I wonder if SA is really that not okay with the whole Oliver/Felicity/Ray thing and she was teasing him or they now have a running gag going. I like both options.

• Love 3

I thought people weren't buying the Oliver wants her to be happy bit so SA was like we can be adults. It looked like Emily was amused by SA. She seemed to know what kind of expression she would get from him. I wonder if SA is really that not okay with the whole Oliver/Felicity/Ray thing and she was teasing him or they now have a running gag going. I like both options.

Yeah that makes sense. I guess I was confused by Emily lamenting how she digs herself into these holes, like at comic-con. But then again she was trying to talk about Ray Palmer even then :)
  • Love 1

Honestly I thought something was going on among the audience during that bit. Like maybe people were reacting "badly" at her talking about Felicity's other options and he went with the "let's all be adults" to defuse it?

I don't know about the audience reacting "badly", exactly. The response seemed to be some giggling, possibly because of SA's deadpan expression and non-reaction while EBR talked about other options. There wasn't any boo-ing or anything.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Can someone tell me why KC is acting towards Stephen like she is his mother. The poor guy way playing with his fingers and she pokes him to stop.... and he seemed kind of annoyed and turned away. Its not like he is a child.

• Love 1

Yeah that makes sense. I guess I was confused by Emily lamenting how she digs herself into these holes, like at comic-con. But then again she was trying to talk about Ray Palmer even then :)

I think Emily was referring to how she always gets into trouble when she answers questions about love interests, because then the other guys (SA or Grant Gustin) get "offended"-- "What do you mean, I'm not a man" or "What do you mean I'm not strong enough"

• Love 5
Can someone tell me why KC is acting towards Stephen like she is his mother. The poor guy way playing with his fingers and she pokes him to stop.... and he seemed kind of annoyed and turned away. Its not like he is a child.

^ ...I don't recall that happening

But this did

tumblr_nl98mirkum1ssrzhxo2_400.gif

Edited by wingster55
  • Love 1

You mean when she lightly tapped his hand with her finger? Not really poking.

I guess Emily patting/fixing Stephen's hair was wrong too then. That's more motherly (or wife-ly as you get older) of a thing to do. 

• Love 1

I don't know about the audience reacting "badly", exactly. The response seemed to be some giggling, possibly because of SA's deadpan expression and non-reaction while EBR talked about other options. There wasn't any boo-ing or anything.

I think Emily was referring to how she always gets into trouble when she answers questions about love interests, because then the other guys (SA or Grant Gustin) get "offended"-- "What do you mean, I'm not a man" or "What do you mean I'm not strong enough"

Yeah, I got she was referring to that;)  but I got a little lost because I couldn't see why would she bring that up at that moment, since she wasn't going so bad :) I think when I watched it I was still half-asleep, so I must've missed Stephen's "Ray-face" lol (from the gif's only it seems just a neutral expression to me). That's why I assumed something was going on, I thought not so much as boos, but maybe some sort of restlessness.

Thanks for clarifying! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AX5OoEfTaqY

You can see it here from the 2:30 -2:45 mins

I think he was picking at skin or something, not just playing with his fingers. And that's what made KC stop him. The thing is, I see that as something a friend would do, depending of course on the level of closeness. But I didn't read him as annoyed after.

Oh, and I definitely thought it was a running gag between Emily and Stephen. It's sort of the same face Stephen pulled in the FB video when he mentioned not apologizing to Brandon because of what happened "last night," referring to the Ray/Felicity hookup.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

I'm at a crossroads. The Paley Fest made me very curious as to what will happen in the final third of season 3 because the actors made it seem interesting. But then I read episode descriptions and I'm like give me strength.

Dilemma.

• Love 3

I'm at a crossroads. The Paley Fest made me very curious as to what will happen in the final third of season 3 because the actors made it seem interesting. But then I read episode descriptions and I'm like give me strength.

Dilemma.

I think I'm basically looking forward to episode 19+. Maybe it's because the episode description for 19 hasn't been released lol

• Love 2

I think the actors are delightful and I wish the episodes were just about them talking instead of what we're getting in the show.  I understand the love of fanfic, right now it's more enjoyable than the show.

I laughed at that, it's the kind of thing I do to my kid when I want her to stop a bad habit. I wondered if Cassandra had asked Katie to keep an eye on Stephen about it.  If not, it's inappropriate,  But he seemed cool about the whole thing.

Celina taged Stephen & Manu with some Slade/Oliver slash fanfiction after her character died on the show.

Keep writing fanfiction! Stephen said he pitched a live-read of some stories once. Still advocates for live-reads! @amellywood #Arrow

• Love 1

I laughed at that, it's the kind of thing I do to my kid when I want her to stop a bad habit. I wondered if Cassandra had asked Katie to keep an eye on Stephen about it.  If not, it's inappropriate,  But he seemed cool about the whole thing.

I don't think it's inappropriate, really. I've had work colleagues/friends who have had bad habits like that, and thought nothing of admonishing them once I felt I knew them well enough. Katie Cassidy has worked with Stephen Amell for three years now, so I suppose it's natural that she'd know his bad habits and tell him to knock it off. Something like biting or picking at your nails can end up being pretty painful, after all.

And I can only reiterate the point about Stephen and Emily's easy chemistry and clear affection for one another. It's a shame the writing of the show seems so determined to destroy that.

• Love 1

Felicity would tell us that THE INTERNET IS FOREVER, there's no hiding from the internet, etc.

AT LEAST SHE COULD HIDE IT SO EVEN THE BEST HACKERS COULDN'T GET TO IT?!?! I mean let's be real, Stephen isn't a hacker :p