Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Isn't that the point of any characters death in the history of tv? I can't think of any example where a death wasn't used to give angst to another character. 

Well, I know it was at the end, but Jack Shephard's (Lost) death was cool.  He got to die and go see his friends in another life.

It's why characters die on this show, only female characters in the last two seasons.

True the last characters to die were female..but it's not like another male character won't die. 

Buffy and Angel killed off their characters just to provide angst for another all the time. 

As did Lost, Smallville, FNL, Mad Men etc etc. 

I think the problem with this show isn't so much that they kill people off to further character journeys and fuel angst, but that killing people off is the only way they further character journeys and (mostly) fuel angst. And that those who are killed off are mostly women, fueling character journeys and angst for men, with the exception of Sara, who was killed (mostly) for Laurel's journey and identity crisis/angst.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

Tommy, Robert and Yao Fei vs Shado, Moira and Sara. 

Seems even to me. 

And that those who are killed off are mostly women, fueling character journeys and angst for men

I bolded the point for you, since you seem to have missed it. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I think that dress is really pretty, as is her hair from what I can see of it, apart from that maybe being a bit too far on the side for a part - it's combover-esque, haha. 

Yeah I like the dress too. Really pretty.  

Yeah but i think he has quite a renome in the industry and also helps that his show House of Cards is a award winning darling. And seems 50 Shades is present at the Oscars. With the female lead presenting and the song from the movie being sung at the Oscars.

KC looks nice. I like the fancy dress but I can't help thinking how freaking cold she must be walking down that red carpet. It's been drizzling on and off today and, it's no polar vortex 2.0, but the wind's been pretty chilly. I think it's like 55-60° outside.

Big improvement over GG. Dress is suited to the event and the softer make up looks better on her.

Only thing I would fix is the hair. Keep it soft and loose, but the neckline is so dramatic it should be up. At least don't do such a severe side part.

• Love 2

Is her boyfriend even nominated for anything? Or is he just there because of his presence in the industry? 

A lot of the 50 Shades of Grey people are there. Brunetti is also probably there because of The Social Network and Captain Phillips.

All i am wondering right now if there is a run in with Chrissy Teigen. Since her husband is nominated for an Oscar.

Yeah, I just saw Chrissy with her husband and Common, and my first thought (wait, no my first thought was how hot Common is) was that I wanted a lady brawl between her and KC. Let's liven up the red carpet.

• Love 2

The dress looks different in the twitter pic. I don't like it there at all.

Maybe they will get into another twitter war during the ceremony. Lol

yeah it looks kinda different on the  twitter pic when the light shines on it.  I like it less there but still think it's nice. 

Edited by ban1o

For me her make up makes her look much older. And i dont think she was going for that.

I think it's kind of tough these days - the blush is a little heavy, and the clumpy lashes don't help, but HD close-ups do very few people any favors.

Edited by apinknightmare

I think the dress is a little to much. I agree with Velocity. It has an ice dancer feel.

The makeup is much better, KC tends to go too dark with her lipstick. I prefer this pink color.

What I think is aging her and really unflattering is the comb over/helmet hair. That part should have been much higher on her head.

I like the makeup. 

Hate the dress and hair (god the spidery eyelashes are just... I always complain about them. they freak me out) . IDK I guess I think it's too much and not classy at all for the Oscars? Especially when in comparison to a lot of other dresses I've seen. 

Oh well, there's the next award season to look forward to. 

Going back to PaleyFest, is it that odd that the attendees haven't been announced yet? 

I was thinking it was until it occurred to me, that I have no idea about the normal timeframe. 

Edited by 10Eleven12

I'm wondering if there are big problems between SA and the showrunners now.  Like maybe he knows the show is trying to morph into Justice League and he's pursuing other options because he'll have a reduced role? And if he's essentially no longer the star of his own show he might be miffed. 

I don't know, on one hand I find it kind of ridiculous that Stephen would miss something like Paleyfest to attend a con, and on the other hand, why wouldn't the producers make him go? He's contractually obligated to do it if they tell him to. It's weird. Maybe he'll be on the panel via satellite or something?

As for the show, he might be unhappy with his decreased role, but then again he also gets to spend more time with his family while still being the technical lead and making the same salary, so maybe it doesn't bother him that much? And I don't know that his lack of Facebook posts about the show necessarily point to him being unhappy with the direction Arrow's taking - he doesn't take criticism well, and I'm sure he knows that a lot of what's going on right now might get the more vocal crowd fired up and commenting, kind of like the poster did when he posted it over the hiatus. Maybe it's just a way of not having to deal with BS since he knows what's going to happen on the show and we don't.

I don't think him booking a movie is anything to speculate over. He said he had three separate movies booked over the last hiatus, and all three of them fell through. Maybe this one's higher profile? Or maybe it'll fall through too. 

• Love 1

I like that color and style a lot. The hair, too. 

Willa and Colton posted some pics together at the Elton John party. I'd post but I lack the skills and knowledge of how to grab the pics from Instagram.

Edited by calliope1975