Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

But he said he told the director that Malcolm couldn't be there because if he was there, he would've helped her.  He noted that Malcolm had saved Laurel before at the end of season 2, when Laurel then turned and said to Malcolm, "Thank you for saving me, but I wouldn't do the same for you." 

That (1) did NOT HAPPEN; and (2) is TOTAL FUCKING HORSESHIT.

This is the shit that makes me hate Barrowman. MALCOLM IS NOT A FUCKING GOOD GUY, YOU MORON.

Malcolm would have helped her my ASS. 

• Love 5

I like how she kept changing how much of the stunts she did. She said like 40% then when they said almost half she's like less than half. Almost half would be around 40 to 45% so now it's less than 40%, KC? If she did do that much maybe that's why the stunts sucked so much this season and last season. She should've let her stunt double do more. Lifting weights does not equal stunt training. I heard nothing about her taking martial arts classes, which is what is helpful in stunt training. Even that is not the same thing but it helps. DR and CL have martial arts training, that's why they were asked to do that stunt panel at the New Jersey HVFF. 

I don't know if JB really believes the ridiculous stuff he says or he doesn't, but knows this is the best policy to justify his character's presence on the show.

About the stunts it's silly to lie since the show constantly fails at covering the stunt doubles so if you pay attention you can always spot them and they do most of the work for most of the actors.

• Love 2

But he said he told the director that Malcolm couldn't be there because if he was there, he would've helped her.  He noted that Malcolm had saved Laurel before at the end of season 2, when Laurel then turned and said to Malcolm, "Thank you for saving me, but I wouldn't do the same for you." 

IIRC, that Laurel/Malcolm exchange is from season 3, when they were all trying to break into Nanda Parbat to go after Oliver and there was a fight with LOA (the same scene where Felicity threw her tablet and thought for a second she actually killed someone with it). (Why do I even remember that? UUGGHHH I hated season 3.)

As for JB saying that Malcolm would have saved Laurel -- yeah, no. At least not for long. Probably only long enough to drug Thea to kill her for him.

• Love 1
On 5/28/2016 at 3:03 PM, Thundercatmary said:

It's funny because as much as I'm an Olicity shipper I've always loved Sara also. I wasn't a fan of them having her hook up with Oliver tho, the whole sisters things always bugged me.

Catching up on threads...

But I'm with you. I love both Olicity, but I also love Sara. My issue with O/S had nothing to do with O/F. It had everything to do with SL, LL, & the whole sister-swapping redeux. For me it was the final nail in the Lauriver coffin, because there is no emotionally healthy or realistic way OQ could go back to the other sister once he chose SL again and again. And now in light of LL's confession, it only adds another layer of embarrassment for LL that she would continue to see OQ as the love of her life, when he basically has chosen to be in a relationship with everyone else but her. OQ on the show has only had 2 one-night stands post island Isabel & LL, I think that was a conscious choice by the writers. Because both of them were clearly OQ floundering. Every other female he chose to sleep with (Huntress, McKenna, Felicity), he then chose to try to be in an actual relationship with them as soon as possible. For LL, he legit wrote a letter and got on a plane to return to purgatory to be far far far away from her. That indicates where his headspace is when it comes to LL as any type of partner.

As for the lunge, for me it was a timing thing. I thought perhaps they could have waited one more episode. Because coming off that dinner and OQ's speech the week before it was a little insensitive to both LL & FS. However, I get that from a show perspective it was a juicy way to end the episode and get everyone fired up. So it worked in some way. In the end, O/S getting back together in a sexual relationship in s2 made logical sense considering who they are and where they are in their lives. I never saw it as a lasting romantic partnership, but I rather a FWB or friends seeking comfort scenario. I do think they have a very deep friendship bond, but its not romantic. I also think O/S together was the perfect way for the writers to check of the sexual aspect of the GA/BC checklist without having to go back to LL.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, AyChihuahua said:

That (1) did NOT HAPPEN; and (2) is TOTAL FUCKING HORSESHIT.

This is the shit that makes me hate Barrowman. MALCOLM IS NOT A FUCKING GOOD GUY, YOU MORON.

Malcolm would have helped her my ASS. 

I don' think JB himself believes Malcolm is a good guy. I think he thinks MALCOLM thinks Malcolm is a good guy. IMO he's speaking from Malcolm's POV not JB the normal person thinking a person like Malcolm is a good person. 

IIRC, JB has always said that he thinks villains have to believe they are the good guy or they become caricature villains.  Or at least that's how he plays villainous characters

As to him saying that Malcolm cares about the team, I don't think that is necessarily untrue. Even back in s1 when he found out that Oliver was the Vigilante he was upset "He said "oh no" and he never did out Oliver as the Arrow.

Malcolm has known the Queens their entire lives.I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Malcolm DOES care about them on some level. And that he did love Tommyy and loves Thea. But that doesn't make him NOT CRAZY because he IS crazy. IMO Malcolm is totally delusional and JB knows this but he's not going to say that Malcolm is delusional because IMO in JB's viewpoint that ruins the illusion. Malcolm cut off Tommy because he thought that was going to help Tommy. IMO Malcolm totally believes he's doing the right thing for Thea. BECAUSE HE'S CRAZY.

I don't see the big discrepancies with what JB is saying about Malcolm vs what we've seen on screen. IMO they mostly comport. Whether one likes that portrayal is a totally different discussion.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Chaser said:

Can Zachary Levi be Oracles Tech buddy who flirts with BC?

Yes &

18 hours ago, wonderwall said:

*coughs* Yvonne Strahovski *coughs*

Yes. agree with @Angel12d that she would be perfect.

But before we do that can we just get a Chuck/Arrow crossover like @wonderwall suggested

17 hours ago, lemotomato said:

As long as character played by Brandon Routh doesn't show up at any point to throw a wrench into things :P

They can start the movie at his funeral where they meet. No need to cast him, just bring out one of the gazillion caskets that are in the CW props room after this season.

---

Honestly though I need both Yvonne Strahovski & Zachary Levi back on my TV pronto in shows that last longer than a few episodes. Some network needs to make it happen. I also need my Chuck reunion movie. I need a lot from them apparently.

On the Flipside, I could see YS playing a villain and Arrow needs more female villains. It also needs more physically capable villains to fight with GA. The villains have been lackluster in the fight department over the past 2 seasons. So I say find a role for her on Arrow in the Villain mini-arc category.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, looptab said:

Yes, Willa has no problem saying she doesn't do the majority of her stunts as well. And it's not a big deal, honestly. But maybe KC wants to be on par with Stephen, Caity, and David (I think he does a lot of his own stunts, too?)

How is saying she did about 40%, less then half trying to be on par with those 3? They probably do around 60% when allowed. 

3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I like how she kept changing how much of the stunts she did. She said like 40% then when they said almost half she's like less than half. Almost half would be around 40 to 45% so now it's less than 40%, KC? If she did do that much maybe that's why the stunts sucked so much this season and last season. She should've let her stunt double do more. Lifting weights does not equal stunt training. I heard nothing about her taking martial arts classes, which is what is helpful in stunt training. Even that is not the same thing but it helps. DR and CL have martial arts training, that's why they were asked to do that stunt panel at the New Jersey HVFF. 

Do you want her to go back and get the exact number? lol. 40% and less than half are practically the same. It isn't giving a specific number. And she has talked about how she has taken fight training in the past I believe so it isn't strictly lifting weights. 

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

How is saying she did about 40%, less then half trying to be on par with those 3? They probably do around 60% when allowed. 

It's simply an observation I feel I can do since I have been watching the show. I feel like saying she did about 40% of her stunts is being generous. And since the point was that other actors like Colton Haynes and Willa Holland - who also play roles which feature stunts heavily - don't go around bragging about the stunts they do, I think that she insists on that to try to be on the same level as Stephen, Caity and David.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 9

If you see it "bragging", cool, she comes across more proud and excited of what she has done then trying to look like she is on the same level as other cast members to me. 

Everyone on the show has something they are proud of, Willa went on about her mastering a bow n'arrow and how she could give Stephen a run for his money if I'm remembering correctly. But I don't take it as an absolute just because she says it that way.

(edited)

I think what people here are saying is that it's okay to be proud of something... Just as long as it doesn't take away from the hard work of others. KC saying she does 40% of the stunts feels disingenuous because, what we observe on screen, it's usually her stunt double at work. Her statement would've been fine if KC actually did 40% of the stunts, but from what we see, she didn't. And considering Atlin puts a lot of effort into her role, it kind of sucks for Atlin to see KC taking credit for a lot of her work.

I mean take the Flash episode for example... After Laurel was hit by a car, you see her rolling on the ground... It's clear that the person who was rolling on the ground was her stunt double... So if KC can't do a simple stunt like that, it makes it harder to believe she actually did 40% of her stunts on Arrow. 

So yeah. It's good to be proud of something. But it's not good to exaggerate  your accomplishments thereby taking a lot of credit that should've  been given to the person who actually did the hard work.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 12
(edited)

She praises Atlin all the time and gives her majority of the credit. She obviously believes she does about 40% of her stunts, it isn't the majority. When they allow her, she does them. If they wanted Katie to roll on the ground in Flash, she probably would've and could've but they probably didn't due to how the scene was set up and however hard they flung the stunt double to make it look believable.

It would be one thing if Katie said something like "I do all the stunts they let me, my stunt double is good though" but she obviously praises Atlin from top to bottom. Even when the audience praised Katie for doing her half her stunts, she corrected them, that says it all imo.

They didn't even let Colton do a simple walking scene, his legs weren't broken, it wasn't a stunt.
tumblr_njb7jxteBK1qjmduto1_250.gif

Edited by Primal Slayer
38 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If you see it "bragging", cool, she comes across more proud and excited of what she has done then trying to look like she is on the same level as other cast members to me. 

Agree to disagree :)

• Love 4

*Prays for the days we stop talking about KC seeing as she's no longer on the show and none of it matters anyway*

10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

*Prays for the days we stop talking about KC seeing as she's no longer on the show and none of it matters anyway*

Exactly. There's no point in talking about KC or arguing about her anymore. We all already know our opinions about her, and that's enough. 

Since KC has no effect on the show anymore, I'd much rather talk about actors/characters who are still ON said show... Like Katrina poking fun at Olicity fans (which was a hilarious anecdote :))

So yeah. This is me officially not giving a crap about KC (what she says, does, what people think of her etc.) until she becomes relevant to the Arrowverse again (which I doubt she will but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.)...

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Like Katrina poking fun at Olicity fans (which was a hilarious anecdote :))

Ha, I was actually surprised at how much I actually did laugh at that, since I was kind of cringing before watching with how it was "reported" on SHF (as "KL talks about outraging Olicity fans"), but it was actually just a funny story that actually made me dislike that Nyssa called Oliver "husband" about 87 times (give or take) less.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
Just now, way2interested said:

Ha, I was actually surprised at how much I actually did laugh at that, since I was kind of cringing before watching with how it was "reported" on SHF (as "KL talks about outraging Olicity fans"), but it was actually just a funny story that actually made me dislike that Nyssa called Oliver "husband" about 87 times (give or take) less.

Superherofeed is a troll... I'd never listen to anything that person says. 

• Love 1
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Could you recap? I can't watch the video.

Watched the video yesterday, but IIRC, it was at a con that WH and KL were at, the moderator brought up Olicity, to which WH joked about if anyone ships Olicity, and then KL joked about how she poked fun at the Olicity fandom when 413 aired. She knew that a lot of people would be put off by Nyssa calling Oliver "husband" while Oliver and Felicity were still engaged, so when it would show up on her twiiter feed as people complaining about it, she would reply with "muahahahahaha" or "oh, did Nyssa call Oliver husband again?" 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Eh, part of me wishes she keeps doing cons as she does and interviews as she does, because I'm going to seriously miss the entertainment otherwise. :)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, looptab said:

Eh, part of me wishes she keeps doing cons as she does and interviews as she does, because I'm going to seriously miss the entertainment otherwise. :)

Haha. Each to their own! Personally I'd rather rewatch s3 or 408 baby mama crap. LMAO.

(edited)

Here's a transcription of the full "fight scenes" Q&A portion from KC's MegaCon panel (so you know it's not editing on my part) and everyone can draw their own conclusions... 

Fan: "I was wondering, since you're the Black Canary and you did a lot of fighting, how much of those were you doing those fight scenes?"
KC: "Um, to be honest with you, I have to say - I certainly could not take full credit. I will say, I went through training, I learned how to fight. Um, but I actually have a really amazing stunt double and - I would probably say 50 - no, I can - like 40/60? 60 her, 40 per cent me. Because, you know, there's insurance and they - with the actors, you don't really want your actors jumping off of buildings and, you know, being run over by cars.  They just don't. You can't quite risk that. So we do have an incredible stunt team and her name - my stunt double - her name is Atlin. She's unbelievable. She used to be in Cirque du Soleil. And she's this incredible, um, stunt double, and she just knows how to transform into the actor that she's playing, um, and literally her physique, her - she watches us, like how we move, and she's really good at mimicking all of that... I certainly have to give her major props. She's an incredible person as well."  
Panel mod: "Still, 60/40. That still says a lot for you. That's almost half if you want to edge it a little bit to the other side. And that's really saying enough, if you want to go that way, you're doing half of the stunts."
KC: "A little less than half, yes. Again, there are moments, like, I have to give most of it to her. There - when there's - when it's safe enough, the environment's safe - when, you know, obviously they put me through fight training so that they trusted they could put me in for some of it. And you get those shots of my face, you get so you can see it is actually the actor, and some of it I can say, I actually - most of it I think I can do, but all of the, like, jumping off the buildings, and she does this, um... on the - what are those rope things called where she -? (Audience member says, "zip line") Zip line. Zip line. That was not me. (Laughs) Um, she actually gets - she was in Cirque du Soleil, she's incredible, she made me look really badass."
Panel mod: "Awesome. Cool."

Incidentally, the more KC interviews I watch, the more curious I am about what went on behind the scenes during the latter half of S1 and during S2. It really sounds like she only took the job because she was promised that Laurel would become the Black Canary and she really wanted to play an action superhero.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

You know what I realized, KC rambles just like EBR. 

That is all I got from that. I can't comment on the rest but thank you @tv echo for writing it up again. 

There's rambling and than there's rambling while answering out of your ass. She uses a lot of 'you know' & 'um' which is on the annoying side of rambling and is frowned upon when answering a question (per every English class I've ever taken), also the only people I've met who used those two words a lot where not very bright.

We already know that KC is terrible at interviews, which is why I sometimes enjoy hearing about them. I won't watch them, I just like reading about them. Unless it's about fashion she really doesn't seem to have any idea what she's talking about.

• Love 2

I can't take anything she says seriously. She never had any in depth interviews where she actually digs deep to talk about her character.

It was always about her costume, hair, nails and fighting in each interview. Give or take.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, foreverevolving said:

There's rambling and than there's rambling while answering out of your ass. She uses a lot of 'you know' & 'um' which is on the annoying side of rambling and is frowned upon when answering a question (per every English class I've ever taken), also the only people I've met who used those two words a lot where not very bright.

I don't know. I have seen a lot of smart people who use those two phrases when they are being watched by many people or flustered. It is not just for the stupid. 

Like @Sakura12 said, KC is just terrible at giving great interviews.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, foreverevolving said:

Eh...that's not really fair. I'm fairly intelligent and articulate in general but the 'you know' and "um'  and "like" are more about filling dead air which makes some people uncomfortable.It's frowned upon but I still fall prey to it when I'm nervous and anxious or when I'm very relaxed. And my line of work is  helping folks with software problems and training over the phone. It happens.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Eh...that's not really fair. I'm fairly intelligent and articulate in general but the 'you know' and "um'  and "like" are more about filling dead air which makes some people uncomfortable.It's frowned upon but I still fall prey to it when I'm nervous and anxious or when I'm very relaxed. And my line of work is  helping folks with software problems and training over the phone. It happens.

Yeah, I think it's easy to fall into rambling in more public and intimidating situations so it's hard to judge KC for that. Especially in this case where "ums" and "likes" always stick out more written down than spoken. In conversation you barely notice them because everyone does it.

I think KC has a problem with being consistent in interviews and has made more than a few badly phrased comments. Plus she was always fighting an uphill battle with the criticism LL came under during the show. But in this interview to give her credit she praised Atlin a lot and made it very clear Atlin did more of the stunts. 

• Love 5
(edited)

SA, JB, KC and KL all have comic cons this upcoming weekend...

Wizard World's Philadelphia Comic Con, June 3-5, 2016 (Philadelphia, PA)
Stephen Amell
http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/philadelphia

Awesome Con, June 3-5, 2016 (Washington, D.C.)
John Barrowman (also Carole Barrowman)
http://www.awesome-con.com/washington-dc/guests-washington-dc/

Fan Expo Dallas presented by Dallas ComicCom, June 3-5, 2016 (Dallas, TX)
Katie Cassidy (also Arthur Darvill and Candice Patton)
http://fanexpodallas.com/

MCM Hannover Comic Con, June 4-5, 2016 (Germany)
Katrina Law (also Franz Drameh)
http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/hannover/?lang=en

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

TMNT Out of the Shadows: Premiere Red Carpet 1 (Madison Square Garden)
Published on Jun 2, 2016, by Rotten Tomatoes

Stephen Amell Arrow Red Carpet Interview TMNT 2 Wizard World Philadelphia 2016
Published on Jun 2, 2016, by delphiafilms