Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I hope no one will think badly of me... but am I the only one who is feeling unease with the new video Stephen posted on his page and him asking people to share it? it's the video about the supposedly abducted kid - and I say supposedly cause we were given barely any info about what went on between the parents and the entire story.

I mean I feel sad for the dad, but... I don't know, stuff like this tend to end up being more complicated and not such black and white as it is being portrayed out to be.

The entire thing smells fishy to me.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

It makes me feel a little uneasy, yeah. I feel bad writing that, because parental abduction is terrible, and assuming everything is on the up and up, I do feel sorry for anyone who is deprived of time with their child. I don't want it to seem like I'm passing judgment on the father at all but I'm kind of a cynic, so I just get to thinking about what would happen if that woman had reasons for fleeing and now is being sought out in a place where she might possibly be safe. Or, maybe she's a terrible person who belongs in jail - I guess we'll never know.

I won't judge in this instance, because I think SA's heart is always in the right place. He seems to be in love with being a father, and probably empathizes with this man (who he seems to know personally? Not sure if this guy reached out through Facebook and that's how they met or whatever), and would be quick to help him find his child regardless. 

It makes me feel a little uneasy, yeah. I feel bad writing that, because parental abduction is terrible, and assuming everything is on the up and up, I do feel sorry for anyone who is deprived of time with their child. I don't want it to seem like I'm passing judgment on the father at all but I'm kind of a cynic, so I just get to thinking about what would happen if that woman had reasons for fleeing and now is being sought out in a place where she might possibly be safe. Or, maybe she's a terrible person who belongs in jail - I guess we'll never know.

I won't judge in this instance, because I think SA's heart is always in the right place. He seems to be in love with being a father, and probably empathizes with this man (who he seems to know personally? Not sure if this guy reached out through Facebook and that's how they met or whatever), and would be quick to help him find his child regardless. 

I believe Stephen said the guy was somebody he works with, so I would think he knows him personally. But yeah, I'm with you about feeling uncomfortable with the whole thing.

Hmm I wonder why Curtis and Diggle work a lot together? Do you think Felicity will hire Diggle to be head of security or something?

tumblr_ntrsr4bmy71t5ghc1o1_1280.jpg

Interesting. 

Maybe that's why he said that the Diggle and Felicity relationship will be intact. I'm assuming Diggle and Felicity will have more scenes together this year, but they better include a lot of Oliver. No more separated Team Arrow :-(

• Love 4

What makes this entire thing feels off to me is that according to the bit of info Stephen did give the kid was taken in 2003.. it's been 12 years, in that time they want to tell me there has been no form of digital trace of the kid? no school records with pics, hospital/doctor visits, driver license registration.. anything?! 

Also, the father last name is jewish (I have a friend with the same last name, she's jewish) and the mom is apparently Japanese.. I have a gut feeling that this entire story may have something to do with the mom wanting to move back to Japan after the divorce and take the kid with her (which may explain why the father got custody), and the dad not wanting that to happen because he wants the kid to grow up Jewish or in what he feels is a safer country... I know it sounds odd and bad, but I have heard of similar stories! both personally and in the press.

baaa I don't why I am getting so worked up about it.. it's just, I have alot of respect for Stephen for his charity work, but in this case i think he should have used more caution and get more info from various sources before sharing it and asking his entire facebook followers to share it, and also providing some more information about the case with us so people will know they're helping the right person.

like "apinknightmare" said we have zero knowledge of what went down, and for all we know the mom may have taken the kid to keep him and her safe.

I mean, it could just be that the guy happened to mention it to SA, and SA said, "Hey, I have a huge network of followers - I can spread the word that way and maybe we can find your kid," and absolutely had good intentions. If the guy approached SA to do it, I think it would be difficult for him to say no, and if he works with the guy and knows him, he probably 100% believes the father's side of the story (which could absolutely be true). 

I just hope for everyone's sake that the mom truly is in the wrong and that she didn't manage to get out of a bad situation only to get dragged back into it again.

• Love 2

SA has a tendency to lead with his heart, or his gut, in cases like this.  Sometimes he's right, and sometimes he's spectacularly wrong.

But he is human.

which is fine when it's his own life, but this is about the life of three individuals two of which i don't think he ever met, one of which is a minor!!

I tend to follow my heart and gut too (not doing so tends to end up poorly for me).. but there are some cases where you have to first get information before allowing your heart or gut to make the decision. a fully informed decision, be it if in the end its decided by heart or mind- or both preferably, usually ends up the best decision.- at least that as been my experience. 

What makes this entire thing feels off to me is that according to the bit of info Stephen did give the kid was taken in 2003.. it's been 12 years, in that time they want to tell me there has been no form of digital trace of the kid? no school records with pics, hospital/doctor visits, driver license registration.. anything?!

Fake ID, off the grid, out of the country. Poof. No trace. :( And those are the best case scenarios. There's also locked in a basement or dead.

Chances are after 12 years, nothing at all will come of it anyway, but when faced with the situation and knowing you could at least try to help, it would be very difficult justifying not helping out of nebulous worries about stuff not in evidence. I've heard enough horror story abduction cases perpetrated by both genders not to assume anything on either side. I'm inclined to let the rule of law step in. At least at this point the kid would be old enough to be able to speak up if the dad became a problem.

• Love 2

I just hope for everyone's sake that the mom truly is in the wrong and that she didn't manage to get out of a bad situation only to get dragged back into it again.

I'm not singling you out but, I can't help but wonder at the reaction if the situation was reversed? If the father took the kid and SA was reaching out on behalf of the mother would you (general you, to everyone who felt unease) have the same unease or would you praise/support SA for helping reunite a mother with her child?

I ask because not too long ago there was a very similar story on Dateline, where a mother after losing custody of her baby (but retaining weekend visitation), stole her 1 year old daughter from her father and took her out of country (South Africa and Australia) and the father didn't find her again until she was 18 years old. I'd say a good 90% of people on twitter and here (there was a thread for the episode) all felt there was something"fishy" about the father, something off, how dare the father fight for (and win) custody of his child, a child belongs with it's mother!

There's a definite bias in the country (online?) against fathers and I have no idea why. Maybe because most online people are women and self identify, and hate the idea of anyone taking their child away but assume if a mother stole the child she had to have good reasons?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

I'm not singling you out but, I can't help but wonder at the reaction if the situation was reversed? If the father took the kid and SA was reaching out on behalf of the mother would you (general you, to everyone who felt unease) have the same unease or would you praise/support SA for helping reunite a mother with her child?

I ask because not too long ago there was a very similar story on Dateline, where a mother after losing custody of her baby (but retaining weekend visitation), stole her 1 year old daughter from her father and took her out of country (South Africa and Australia) and the father didn't find her again until she was 18 years old. I'd say a good 90% of people on twitter and here (there was a thread for the episode) all felt there was something"fishy" about the father, something off, how dare the father fight for (and win) custody of his child, a child belongs with it's mother!

There's a definite bias in the country (online?) against fathers and I have no idea why. Maybe because most online people are women and self identify, and hate the idea of anyone taking their child away but assume if a mother stole the child she had to have good reasons?

To be honest, I look at situations like this through the lens of my personal experiences, and sadly I know and am related to quite a few women who are or were in abusive relationships who I wish would take off with their child, never to be heard from again - for both their sakes. I am NOT saying this man is an abuser or that his wife was justified in absconding with his child, not at all. I just always wonder if there isn't more to the story in the case of parental abduction, that's all - I mean, for all I know this man could've been a loving father, and his wife could be a terrible, awful person. And I know that men can be in abusive relationships just as much as women can, but I personally have never experienced that.

SA putting a call out for a child whose father kidnapped him would raise red flags in a different way for me, that yeah, based on my personal experiences, would favor the mother. I'll also say that I wouldn't be entirely comfortable with that though, either (although I will be honest and say that it wouldn't make me as uneasy as this does). I don't feel that a child belongs with its mother over it's father or anything of the sort - I lived with my mother primarily when I was growing up, then moved in with my father when I was 14, and I was by far happier and more cared for living with my dad than I ever was with my mom. 

I personally don't think there's anything fishy about the father here, I just know that family matters are complicated and can be messy, and that people who want to get their child out of certain situations aren't always the bad guys. I hope this particular case is cut-and-dry, black-and-white, and that the mother deserves to be brought to justice and that the guy gets reunited with his kid. 

My unease stems from the bit of info we do have, and the questions that arise from them: why did the father had custody? - courts tend grand main custody to the mom when the child is as young as he was (be it the right thing to do or not). what was the reason- was the mother ill in any way? or is there another reason (maybe the dad being Canadian and the mom maybe not)?

I have more question, too many questions, and we're not being provided with any more info to answer them, which I think we deserve to know if our help is being asked.

I have an issue with blindly following requests... especially the kind that can have a lasting impact on other people lives.

Fake ID, off the grid, out of the country. Poof. No trace. :( And those are the best case scenarios. There's also locked in a basement or dead.

But you can't fake DNA, the shape of a persons finger prints, Blood type, medical and physical issues if he had any. these will all be in whatever record even if the name is fake or different.

But most hospitals/schools don't take DNA or fingerprints, they treat and discharge unless it's something life-threatening or needs a bodily donation.

Except in fundamentalist societies (be they Muslim, Christian, Jewish or Hindi) where the men have power over women and children,  it's really hard to know who is right.  Just as there are abusive men and women, there are spouses with personality disorders who want to make it as if the other spouse never existed.  Until you see everyone interact, it's hard to know what's true.

It's sad when the parents don't put the welfare of the child first, even if they have to stay in a town or area they don't want to until the child is old enough to travel to the other parent.

• Love 3

I thought it was mean. 

I'm not a big fan of S3 either, but that was out of SA's control. He was still riding high on his WWE dream and someone just took a swipe at his job. A job he clearly puts 110%, even if his doesn't agree with everything that is written.

Criticism is great and can be productive and at times quite fun, but keep what is out of the actors control out of their faces. SA, EBR, DR, KC, etc..included.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 16

It's a great dig, just aimed at the wrong person. It'd be funny if it was in response to a showrunner's question, but for SA, who has no control over the material he's given and was posting a fun question for himself and his fans? Not so much.

• Love 5

Regarding the boy they are looking for, Stephen may have more information than he provided to the public.  I understand people being uncomfortable about getting involved but is this really that different than a milk carton with similar information on it?  The US Postal Service used to display missing children/people posters. If you read any of them they often had similar stories on them.  

• Love 3

I don't think there is anything wrong with bringing the public's attention to a missing child. I also don't think there's anything wrong with what SA is doing, and if the mother was in the wrong then I hope she's brought to justice and the father is reunited with his son. And I probably wouldn't feel uncomfortable about it if the guy a) wasn't a personal friend of Stephen's and b) there were more publicly known facts about the case. Parental abduction can be messy, and isn't always done for terrible or nefarious reasons. Hopefully SA's involvement leads to the right outcome for everyone involved.

• Love 2

AyChihuahua, on 29 Aug 2015 - 10:21 PM, said:

SA asked on his FB page for names for a WWE finishing move. Some guy named Tom Binning suggested: "The Arrow Season 3 because it ends any desire for participants to continue."

And I fell in love.

It was mean. It was also funny and accurate. And SA can handle it, and he probably knows the many failings of the season are not on him.

I am kept from finding it amusing because it sounds too close to code for "Olicity ruined everything" to me.  Though I guess I should find comfort that they didn't go there and want the move called Olicity. 

• Love 2

And I probably wouldn't feel uncomfortable about it if the guy a) wasn't a personal friend of Stephen's and b) there were more publicly known facts about the case. Parental abduction can be messy, and isn't always done for terrible or nefarious reasons. Hopefully SA's involvement leads to the right outcome for everyone involved.

Is it that you fear we are being mislead about the father having been actually granted custody or something?  As someone pointed out, not knowing all the facts is pretty standard for the "please be on the lookout for my child" requests we see in mass mailings or in the past on milk cartons.  I would think having someone at least somewhat familiar with the person and likely more particulars would be comforting. 

Is it that you fear we are being mislead about the father having been actually granted custody or something?  As someone pointed out, not knowing all the facts is pretty standard for the "please be on the lookout for my child" requests we see in mass mailings or in the past on milk cartons.  I would think having someone at least somewhat familiar with the person and likely more particulars would be comforting. 

Just to be clear, I don't feel like we're being misled at all. I think SA did what a good person and a good friend would do as someone who has a particularly large social media reach and a strong desire to help people, and I'm not calling him out about it. He did the right thing. 

Like I wrote above, parental abduction can be a messy, messy thing, and when I think about why a parent would abscond with their child, to me it's down to two reasons: a) they are a nasty, hateful, messed-up person who deserves to be brought to justice, or b) they were trying to get themselves and their kid out of a bad situation. My hope is that it's a, not b, that's all.

It seems like (based on the information posted on the page SA linked to) the mother is or has been in contact with the father and his family, but she won't let him speak to or see his son. So I do appreciate that SA's video appeals directly to Tyler and focuses on him, probably hoping that he'll somehow see it and reach out on his own. That makes me feel better about the situation on the off chance that it is more of a b than an a (and I am not saying it is).

Edited by apinknightmare

That makes me feel better about the situation on the off chance that it is more of a b than an a (and I am not saying it is).

People are complicated enough that it could very well be not so black and white on either side.  It's a shame when negative feelings toward an ex clouds judgment in regards the kid. Glad to hear that he's not dead though.  I'll mark that in a win column. 

From MCM Manchester Comic-Con on July 25 or 26, 2015 (I've recapped some of their responses below)...

Arrow's Karl Yune & Katrina Law at MCM Manchester 2015
Published on Aug 14, 2015, by The Wonky Spanner

-- Karl Yune (KY) didn't think Maseo was a bad guy.  Maseo was working for some powerful world agencies because he wanted to serve the greater good of humanity and it failed him, it betrayed him.  As a result, he lost his son. So who do you go to at that point? You go to Ra's al Ghul. Maseo wasn't a wealthy billionaire. All he had was this thing he had in his jacket pocket, this Omega virus.  KY played Maseo as though he didn't know that Ra's was actually going to use the Omega virus one day. He thought the writing on Arrow was amazing.
--Fan asked if they were stranded on a desert island and had to survive, which of the Arrow characters would they do it with.  KY would take Oliver because he's been on an island before and could tell him how to survive.  Katrina Law (KL) would take Felicity and the Lance sisters because "I like blondes".
-- During the audition process, KL was asked to do a chemistry read. On the sides that she was given, her character's name was Greta or something, and she was to read with the character Oliver. She was then told that there would be a girl in the room named Caity Lotz and she'd be doing a chemistry read with her.  KL asked if they wanted to give her new sides and they told her that they wanted to do the same sides.  In these sides, her character is "really flirty and hard with Oliver" so KL asked if they wanted her to play it more like she's her sister or friend, and she was told to keep it the same. So KL asked if her character was a lesbian and they said "no, we can't tell you." So on Monday morning, she walked into the room and there was "this beautiful blonde girl with these brilliant blue eyes".  She turned around and there was this moment when they just looked at each other and then they were just like 'let's do this.' So then KL was cast because apparently they had chemistry. She didn't know what character she was playing until TV Guide announced it, and they told her. So she called up a friend who's a huge nerd and runs a podcast, and he was like "omigosh" and told her all about Nyssa. So KL read up on the whole al Ghul family dynamic.
-- To get into her Nyssa character, KL just pulled on her "own inner badassness" and just channeled it and focused it.
-- To get into his Maseo character, KY brought all his "own inner angst into the room and unleashed it." He was then asked to return and read off-book and he did it and got the part.
-- Fan asked if they had much input into their characters' fighting styles.  KY said that all of the guys were very talented but they came from different fighting style backgrounds.  He thought Maseo was a "really practical kind of guy" so he wouldn't do anything elaborate. His only request was they "keep the moves short, sweet and efficient."
-- KL didn't really have much to say about how Nyssa would fight. The stunt coordinator had already seen KL on Spartacus so he already had an inkling of what she could or could not do.  It just came out organically that the female stunt double (who is the stunt double for most of the women on Arrow) was "very precise" and "she spins a lot". KL thought that was dictated by her costume which has panels that kind of spin, so they wanted to utilize that so that it looks cool when she's doing her fighting. So you see Nyssa always turning and turning back. So maybe her costume had more to do with her fighting style than anything else.
--  Fan asked if they could switch characters, who would they like to play, and who would they like to play their characters.  KY likes DR's character - "the voice of reason and morality". He though that Maseo was that for Oliver in the flashbacks. So he thinks that DR could kick ass in the Maseo role as well.  KL would like to be Felicity - "she's the polar opposite of the Nyssa character". She'd like to go on set and "wear my heart on my sleeve, and spit out random lines that are hysterical and technical jargon, and then wear really cool pencil skirts and glasses - would be really fun".
-- KL thinks that Nyssa and Maseo could pull off their own show - a LOA spinoff - and that it'd be interesting to see the LOA try to infiltrate the modern world.
-- KL thinks that Nyssa will definitely confront Malcolm in S4. When she read the script that Nyssa kneels before Malcolm in the S3 finale, she could feel herself swallowing bile because she's very protective of her character.  But she knew that Nyssa had to obey Malcolm then or be killed by the rest of the League.  But she thinks that Nyssa and Malcolm both have a very clear understanding that a confrontation is coming.
-- If KL had to pick three scenes with CL that she'd really like to shoot, she'd pick the initial scene where Nyssa finds Sara, the scene when Nyssa trains Sara and Sara has no skills then (whole training montage), and the moment when they realize that there's an attraction between them.
-- KL said that Sara is "such an interesting character" because she's not your normal superhero.  Flash is one of the best superheroes out there because he has such a good moral compass, he knows right from wrong, and there's a clear line that he will never cross. But Sara's already crossed the line and killed people and done some really bad stuff.  Although she's redeemed herself through her actions and become a hero, there are still quite a few things about her that are dark. In comparison to her sister (Laurel), who is "more superhero quality" than Sara. To explain Sara's attraction to Nyssa, KL thinks there's something about someone seeing you very clearly, the good and the bad, and accepting both of them, and telling you it's okay to be both.  Nyssa was probably the first one to tell Sara that 'it's okay to be a little dark, I love you anyway.'
-- Fan asked what were their favorite weapons on Arrow and whether they had any training. KY said that he's a boy and liked the guns. They were all real guns, shooting blanks. KL found the swordwork really fulfilling because she's not real coordinated when it comes to foreign objects in her hand. She also liked the silk ribbons that Nyssa tumbles down.  The silk is stretchy so when she tried it, she fell on her butt.  Her stunt double would go up and down the ribbons and spin around.  But KL would just always end up on the floor.
-- Asked if they can do the salmon ladder, KY said that he can, while KL said that her stunt double is amazing.
-- KL is really looking forward to Supergirl.  She really likes that there'll be a female superhero for girls to look up to.
-- Fan said that Nyssa interacted with the Lance sisters a lot and asked KL if there were any other female characters that she wanted Nyssa to intereact with on Arrow. KL replied: "Felicity. I think my character has a little crush on Felicity for sure. And I think it has to do with the blonde hair. I don't know why. And she's spicy, a spicy little character."
-- Fan asked KY about a sequel to Real Steel.  He heard there was a script for Real Steel 2, but he doesn't know anything. He had fun doing that movie.
-- Fan asked who they would cosplay as if they came to a comic-con (as a fan).  KY said Wolverine, and KL said a Minion.
-- Fan asked for their favorite DC villain. KY picked Ra's al Ghul, and KL picked Catwoman, the Michelle Pfeiffer version.
-- Fan asked for their favorite Disney movie.  KY said Princess and the Frog because he loves cooking, and KL said Beauty and the Beast.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

I am kept from finding it amusing because it sounds too close to code for "Olicity ruined everything" to me.  Though I guess I should find comfort that they didn't go there and want the move called Olicity. 

Someone did suggest that, with that reason (that it killed the show). It just didn't get as much attention because SA didn't respond to it.

I need TPTB to start releasing season 4 stuff like, now. Give people something to talk about rather than the endless rehashing/bashing of season 3.  Even the interviews at SDCC seemed more about going over what went wrong with season 3 (all the comments about Felicity crying a lot) than about season 4.

• Love 1

Even though the article is dated today, I found the SA video on youtube from 2011...

Stephen Amell Proclaims “I am Proud to be a part of the best all boys school in North America.”
Brian Fisher | August 31, 2015
http://www.admissionsquest.com/onboardingschools/2015/08/stephen-amell-proclaims-i-am-proud-to-be-a-part-of-the-best-all-boys-school-in-north-america.html

I Am Andrean

Uploaded on Dec 13, 2011, by St Andrews

Edited by tv echo

-- Karl Yune (KY) didn't think Maseo was a bad guy.  Maseo was working for some powerful world agencies because he wanted to serve the greater good of humanity and it failed him, it betrayed him.  As a result, he lost his son. So who do you go to at that point? You go to Ra's al Ghul. Maseo wasn't a wealthy billionaire. All he had was this thing he had in his jacket pocket, this Omega virus.  KY played Maseo as though he didn't know that Ra's was actually going to use the Omega virus one day. He thought the writing on Arrow was amazing.

Why can't these actors ever just admit they played a bad guy?  JFC, he saw what the virus did, including killing his own son, and he gave it to RAG to use.  It's BS to say he didn't think RAG would use it, bc if he didn't want that he had ample opportunity to do something about it when he found out RAG was about to use it.  (Not to mention, the head of the League of ASSASSINS is probably okay with, you know, assassinating, and Maseo was right there when RAG was going to kill 50 innocent people a day, in fact I think Maseo was supposed to do the murdering, AND Maseo tried to murder his own wife!)  It really bugs the crap out of me...JB constantly bleats that MM is a good guy who looks at Oliver as a son (one he's tried to murder a whole bunch) and loves Thea, and that terrible rugby guy kept whining that RAG is really just a good guy trying to rid the world of evil.  YOU ARE NOT PLAYING MISUNDERSTOOD GOOD GUYS, YOU FRIGGING LOONS!

Edited by AyChihuahua

That's kind of how it works, really. Actors usually won't internalize that their characters are evil, unless specifically asked to do so. Regardless of school of acting they come from, or whatever style techniques they use, one thing is pretty consistent: don't look at the motivation from the outside, only from the inside.

• Love 2

I don't hear Alan Rickman saying Hans Gruber really just wanted to collect some money to help people.  Why can't they internalize playing a villain?  It's not as if that makes them villains in real life.  IMO it makes them seem kind of stupid.

I don't hear Alan Rickman saying Hans Gruber really just wanted to collect some money to help people.  Why can't they internalize playing a villain?  It's not as if that makes them villains in real life.  IMO it makes them seem kind of stupid.

Lord, it's been way too long since I've studied acting techniques... but most of them require finding internal motivation for external action and/or internal conflict for the externalizing of feelings. Method uses the actors' real life experiences for that. Other acting schools go for just imagination, or putting themselves in the present of the feeling, etc. All of them search for the same thing: truthful action/reaction/emotion.  So, in very simplistic terms, thinking "my character is doing a super evil thing right now, so I will act/react/emote accordingly" is only employed when that is the truth the actor is going after, i.e. the motivation is wanting to do something evil.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 3

I think saying the villain needs to believe they are the hero of their own story makes sense. That's what I liked about Malcolm Merlyn in s1. He fully believed his plan was the right way to save the city and avenge his wife. That didn't make him not a villain or not crazy. I think actors have to be careful about going to deep into the mindset of a villain because it messes with them sometimes. And it very much depends on how the character is written and directed. 

Alan Rickman's villain was OTT and IMO that makes it easier to detach from the character. But thinking about Heath Ledger. He played the Joker with a lot of internal stuff and tried to just make him believably crazy. Ledger's The Joker didn't think he was a hero of his own story, he just wanted to watch the world burn. And there was much discussion that his mental and emotional well-being were really taking a hit because he was playing him the way he was. 

And even actors that aren't necessarily "method" can be adversely impacted when playing a villain or truly evil person. Misha Collins, who IRL is a pretty amazing person and does amazing charitable works like Stephen Amell,  has talked about playing a serial rapist/murderer in the movie about the real - life Canadian rape/murder couple. He said it kind of  messed him up. He felt really dark and creepy and he didn't like how it made him feel and that it kind of scared him.  He regrets the part and also reminds everyone to not ever watch the movie.

I would think the repetition of a violent scene or saying awful things to someone over and over gets stuck in their heads, even when they do whatever they need to do to get out of that. At times the emotions and physical reactions are the body responding to something even if it's not real. Heck, I cry or get angry or whatever just watching a scene even though I know it isn't real but that empathy or sympathy or whatever gets activated. I would think it's eleventy billion times harder for an actor.

• Love 7

Another thing that tends to highly influence how actors see their characters is they have to make themselves unaware that there's a on-going narrative happening when they're working. They cannot be thinking "oh, my character is doing this X now, because it'll lead to Y, and then his emotional growth is he learned Z". NO. When that happens, you get KC smiling like a loon in the jacket scene, because she skipped the internal motivation for the present moment, and went for what that moment represents in the character's narrative.

• Love 8