Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Podcast with Marc Guggenheim

http://nearmintcomicshow.com/

The Arrow part start at 50 min mark!

"we do have a plan and we're not making it up...we react to things we feel are working...we react to chemistry between actors and react to LACK of chem between other actors"

"Television is a fluid reactive medium, and we react to things that we see on camera and we react to chemistry between actors, lack of chemistry with other actors. I mean this person is coming off differently than we thought, that person is coming off, you know funnier that person is coming off more serious. Whatever it is and umm if you stick to your plan, (this is any show), in violation of what the actors are giving you on a daily basis then you're kind of setting yourself up for failure. And that is an aspect a lot of the fans on twitter or tumblr who reach out to me don't realize. The great thing about television is the opportunity as a writer and a producer to react and you can't do that with a movie." With television you can react, that Emily Rickards who was supposed to be in one episode is great, I want to see her in more scenes in the show"

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 11
if you stick to your plan, (this is any show), in violation of what the actors are giving you on a daily basis then you're kind of setting yourself up for failure.

It usually ends with the showrunner getting fired , and Deadline saying it was "over creative differences".

• Love 6

Then why is Laurel still on the show? I know they stopped the love interest part because of lack of chemistry. But she's still unnecessary to the show as a whole and can easily be replaced by another character with the comic book skills and has better chemistry with the rest of the characters. She's a failure that they insist on keeping around. 

Black Canary also being an important enough character that deserves her own show, not being a neglected/unnecessary character in Green Arrow's origin story. 

• Love 2

I just listened to that MG podcast. When MG's talking about how some people want Diggle to have a regular costume and also for Felicity to have a costume and code name, he questioned if that's what people really want. He then said that "if everyone becomes a superhero, then it's not that special to be a superhero."  He also said that "there's other ways to be a hero than wearing a mask."  Oh the irony! (Is that the correct term?)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I just listened to that MG podcast. When MG's talking about how some people want Diggle to have a regular costume and also for Felicity to have a costume and code name, he questioned if that's what people really want. He then said that "if everyone becomes a superhero, then it's not that special to be a superhero."  He also said that "there's other ways to be a hero than wearing a mask."  Oh the irony! (Is that the correct term?)

I know! I was giggling so hard when I read that comment. Uh...hate to break it to you Marc, but you've been marginalizing your main hero for awhile now because EVERYONE HAS A MASK now except Felicity.

• Love 7

Then why is Laurel still on the show? I know they stopped the love interest part because of lack of chemistry. But she's still unnecessary to the show as a whole and can easily be replaced by another character with the comic book skills and has better chemistry with the rest of the characters. She's a failure that they insist on keeping around. 

Black Canary also being an important enough character that deserves her own show, not being a neglected/unnecessary character in Green Arrow's origin story. 

I kind of EBR saved KC's job. Sounds crazy, but if they never found EBR and were still looking for a love interest going into S2....Sara. I think it would have been Sara. Felicity could take on the role of love interest but she wouldn't fit BC and the EPs are determinded to have a BC. KC is safe because they could still give her that. However, what if they never found EBR? No Felicity and no Team Arrow and no Olicity to get the critics/fans excited. Arrow would be struggling. Sara would have been the shot in the arm. And she could take over as love interest and BC. Not sure if they would have kept KC on at that point.

• Love 5

That's my point, they had a love interest in Felicity and a much better BC in Sara. Laurel was and still is unnecessary. 

With how much screen time and story Sara got in S2 it looked like she was going to take on the role of Black Canary. Then they just threw Sara in the garbage and rushed Laurel to hero status. 

I kind of EBR saved KC's job. Sounds crazy, but if they never found EBR and were still looking for a love interest going into S2....Sara. I think it would have been Sara. Felicity could take on the role of love interest but she wouldn't fit BC and the EPs are determinded to have a BC. KC is safe because they could still give her that. However, what if they never found EBR? No Felicity and no Team Arrow and no Olicity to get the critics/fans excited. Arrow would be struggling. Sara would have been the shot in the arm. And she could take over as love interest and BC. Not sure if they would have kept KC on at that point.

I've wondered for a while why they didn't recast Laurel after the pilot. Ok so they didn't do a chemistry test. Fine. But surely someone picked up on something when they screened the pilot. And recasts after a show is picked up happen all the time. No one would have thought twice about it. So why not just replace KC then and there?

• Love 2

EBR being on the show saved KC's job because if not for EBR, Sara could have replaced Laurel in both ways? Except that Laurel still could have been replaced in both ways and was not. So no, sorry, that makes no sense.

The entire franchise, Grant, now Katie. Who will owe their career to EBR next? Susanna Thompson? Maybe time travel's involved. Maybe EBR invents time travel in the future and went back in time and got Susanna her first role!

How many episodes might have been filmed and thus make it into the teaser trailer.  Was it basically 1,2,3 and the 4th one that will be aired as the fifth one?  That's about it, isn't it?

How many episodes might have been filmed and thus make it into the teaser trailer.  Was it basically 1,2,3 and the 4th one that will be aired as the fifth one?  That's about it, isn't it?

4 I think. I feel like they filmed the episode with Constantine first just so they could have some of his scenes in the trailer too.

I have to admit I was surprised to see this tweet from DC Comics (the emojis were a lot smaller in the tweet, but this is the size in which they appeared when I copied the image URLs here)...

DC Comics @DCComics
.@tvinsider has your first look at #Olicity, as #Arrow shoots for a "lighter tone" in Season 4: http://bit.ly/1Lv6ZrI *swoon*  1f60d.png  1f3af.png

7:45 PM - 25 Aug 2015

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/636368734161141760

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Is it also EPIC, a Gamechanger and Emmy Worthy? 

CNTEneWWUAAQ16L.jpg

It looks like the Fern was trying to reenact Sara's death scene. Taking 3 to the chest and falling off a ledge into the garbage. :D

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 10

LMAO that damn fern. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

I love how the Arrow prod office gets involved though. It's a nice way to interact with fans. 

BTW, WM tweeted that the S4 trailer was going to "break the internet," and the Arrow Writers Room tweeted that the S4 trailer was "BAD. ASS."

Which implies it's going to be anything but Olicity-centric. There will be plenty of action, I'm sure, so hopefully everyone will be able to find their chill.