Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Who You Are And Who You Want To Be

• Start Topic

(edited)

It's starting to get really good, another great episode.

LOL @ Angela's dumb ass, taking L's the entire hour.

I take back every nasty thing I said about Holly.  She summed it up perfectly in the FEDS bathroom.....YOU DUMB BITCH!!!  I was literally rolling on my living room floor laughing at Angela.  All she could do was stutter "no, no, no, wait, I I I".  That shit was fabulous.

Thank goodness Holly got a good memory.  And I'm impressed with her holding out and not snitching on Tommy.  Don't know what she would have done if dumbass Angela hadn't gone into the bathroom, but it seems like she would have taken the 3 years (even though there was no warrant, but Holly didn't know that).

This show is fire! 

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 10

Damn that was good! Everybody now knows a little bit more about everybody else but not enough to blow everything up yet. Take note Scandal...that's how you do an OMG moment.

I can't stop laughing at Angela. And the fact that it came from Holly was even better because Angie thought she had the upper hand. Seethe, bih!

I'm not liking Tasha keeping the kids from Ghost but I guess it rings true. She's young and immature AND scorned. Bad combination.

I love how Ghost and Angela both asked "so how was work?" after finding out about the other.

• Love 6

I take back every nasty thing I said about Holly.  She summed it up perfectly in the FEDS bathroom.....YOU DUMB BITCH!!!  I was literally rolling on my living room floor laughing at Angela.  All she could do was stutter "no, no, no, wait, I I I".  That shit was fabulous.

I really don't like Holly, but I looooved watching her smack down Angela. I rewound that scene twice, it was glorious.

• Love 10

"You dumb bitch."

That alone was worth the two week wait. I'm sorry, but I just don't care for Angela and I think she and Ghost are the biggest idiots. Or maybe it's because they both think they're 12 moves ahead of everyone else when they're really not. When her superior told her that he wasn't letting her interrogate Holly and she was saying "It's because I'm a woman" and he told her it was because she acted like a "little girl", I understood where he was coming from. Condescending as he sounds, she has been screwing up on this case since she was put on and after California, he wasn't going to let her further mess it up. I wonder what she's going to do with Ghost now & ensure career won't go down the drain. Plus, Greg saw her with Ghost so hopefully he'll bring Ghost down if she doesn't. Or he'll somehow be a dumbass since he's so blinded by being in love with her.

I do wonder if Ghost and Stern's wife will come together to bring Stern down somehow. It's hard to believe that Stern would invite Jamie that type of party as his employee and someone who doesn't care for him.

Also wondering how Ruiz will take not being given the Serb's territory since it's a broken promise. He's already noticing a rift between the two. Plus, Tommy and Ghost had to hurry up the pay schedule to pay Lobos, so I'm guessing there is some heat on Lobos? Someone made a comment about a connect never needing to expedite payment so quickly like that.

Overall, a good episode.

• Love 2

"Oh wow, you DUMB BITCH"

Holly you finally came through and proved you're smarter than the US prosecuting attorney. The waitress figures out Tommy and Ghost are dodgy and yet the lawyer doesn't because she's blinded by LURVE...

I loved Holly's delivery of that line. Holly was amazed at Angela's stupidity. The reason your boss doesn't trust you is because you're all wrapped up in the case and you take so many shortcuts that undermine the entire operation. Not letting your boss know that the warrant on a suspect has been invalidated is a fairly big lapse that can be easily checked.

*sigh* I really wanted to see Ghost be a smart drug dealer but he seems to be failing on all fronts, family, love, legit business and drug business.

• Love 2

Still LMAO at Holly cracking ole girl's face, spilling the tea about Ghost.

Watching Holly knock Angela down several pegs in less than a minute was even more satisfying than seeing Holly get shot!  Angela is an idiot.  She got what she deserved for trying to undermine the investigation, her team, and her superior, once again.  They were all right when each of them basically said she acted like a spoiled brat every time things don't go her way. 

I'm very surprised they made Angela aware of everything so soon.  I thought for sure they would drag that out until the end of the season.  Maybe now we'll actually see her making decisions with her brain instead of her cooch.  And Jamie continues to be an idiot, showing up at her job several times a day.  And he's supposed to be the intelligent one?  When crazy ass Tommy has more sense than you, you have a problem!

• Love 6
(edited)

Yes...what was Angela going to do? Let them drive/fly Holly all the way to Ohio without telling them the warrant was voided? Lucky for her that piece of info came in handy when trying to work out a deal with Holly herself, but with all the crap Angela has pulled, it wont be long before her ass is fired. I think it was very telling that when referring to Holly, Angela said something to the effect that "when a woman loves a man, she will do anything for him, no matter what." We gonna see soon how true that is.

And I loved her boss putting her in her place. First off, stupid Angela thought he couldnt speak Spanish. Its New York sweety, Spanish is probably spoken MORE than English around here. You never know who is fluent. Something similar happened to my coworker at an old job. The coworker is part Hispanic but if you just look at her you'd probably assume she was just black. Some guy came in, had an argument and called her a "black bitch" in Spanish thinking she wouldnt understand.

I didnt have a problem with him saying she acts like a little girl because she does. Even Greg said she be in her feelings when she doesnt get her way.

I did laugh when Angela rolled her eyes lowkey when they all realized the boss made up his backstory of being in foster care just to get close to Holly.

I didnt get the impression Tasha intended on keeping the kids from Ghost. What I thought she was saying was she's not going to sugarcoat what's going on. The son asked her point blank why dad wasnt going to be around anymore, and then when she went to see Ghost in his hotel room, she told him he had better be prepared the next time he sees his son because he'll have some tough questions for him. I've got no problems with that. Their son is old enough to know what's really going on, and I prefer her telling him the truth than some bullshit.

Stern's wife is a hot mess. Why would she be around all that freaky shit if she wasnt going to participate? Rent a hotel room for the nihht and let your husband do him. That was some awkward stuff right there. And why the hell would Stern think Ghost would want to be involved in that stuff with him, knowing he doesnt even like him.

I started thinking that something is definitely up with Stern. It would not surprise me in the least if Stern himself is in the drug business, and he knows all about James St. Patrick's alter ego. As a matter of fact, he is probably the one putting pressure on Lobos, who subsequently is putting pressure on Ghost. But its got to be about more than that silly nightclub, I just cant figure out what Stern's endgame really is.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 3

And I loved her boss putting her in her place. First off, stupid Angela thought he couldnt speak Spanish. Its New York sweety, Spanish is probably spoken MORE than English around here. You never know who is fluent. Something similar happened to my coworker at an old job. The coworker is part Hispanic but if you just look at her you'd probably assume she was just black. Some guy came in, had an argument and called her a "black bitch" in Spanish thinking she wouldnt understand.

Yeah, that made me laugh. (I do like how Angela and Paz speak Spanish or Spanglish to each other; that holds true for the immigrants I know. One of my best friends is from Iran and she and her sisters always speak Farsi to each other. They moved to the States as kids and weren't allowed to speak English at home.) It's not weird at all that someone in law enforcement in NYC would speak Spanish, so I liked seeing her get clowned there.

Angela was just getting it from all sides, wasn't she? I still don't like Holly (I've decided I don't like the actress), but she did make things interesting! And I truly can't tell if she's going to be on some stand by your man shit, or if she's going to turn him in.

Tasha seems done with the marriage - she was talking like a single parent. I wonder if she'll actually file for divorce? And if she does, what that will mean for Ghost and Tommy. She could walk away with everything if she turned them in - "I didn't know he was a dealer! I thought he ran laundromats! I want full custody of the kids!" Although that would only work if she wanted to walk away with the legal money, and as we saw, there is a TON more in drug money - that room full of stack after stack after stack had me salivating.

Stern is a pompous jackass, but I love watching him clown Ghost.

Plus Victor Garber is kinda awesome.

Victor Garber is terrific. My friend, who's a theater geek and a huge fan of his, has a great story about meeting him in person - she said he was completely wonderful. And I enjoy him as Evil and Freaky Simon Stern.

• Love 2
I think it was very telling that when referring to Holly, Angela said something to the effect that "when a woman loves a man, she will do anything for him, no matter what." We gonna see soon how true that is.

Knowing Angela, she'll decide to be James' defense attorney.

• Love 3

Knowing Angela, she'll decide to be James' defense attorney.

And then he will be sentenced to life imprisonment without parole. Then again he deserves it for all the murders he's committed. My only real hope is Angela gets sentenced as well for conspiracy to commit murder as she travelled with him to wherever so he could try and kill some other woman.

Accessory after the fact ?

I don't know I'm just so sick of the pair of them I want them both to go to jail.

• Love 3

And I loved her boss putting her in her place. First off, stupid Angela thought he couldnt speak Spanish. Its New York sweety, Spanish is probably spoken MORE than English around here. You never know who is fluent. Something similar happened to my coworker at an old job. The coworker is part Hispanic but if you just look at her you'd probably assume she was just black. Some guy came in, had an argument and called her a "black bitch" in Spanish thinking she wouldn't understand.

Didn't Angela speak Spanish to her boss when he was first introduced? I think she was trying to bond with him when she asked about his daughter's quincenera. He shut down her "we're paisanos" bullshit with the quickness, and he's been no-nonsense with her ever since.

However, I do love when people get busted for their ignorance.  What happened with your co-worker also happened to my mother.  Ma had to turn the Spanish on with the quickness and shut this cashier up that was talking about her.

• Love 1

Angela´s boss strikes me like someone linked to Lobos´s  crew (smart, perfect Spanish, deciding solely who´s getting questioned and how). There is definately more to it than metrosexual appeareance (he looks like someone cold enough to be the double agent and succesffully run one huge drug distribution network from his FBI office (wouldnt be the first time case about the government officers being in charge of major drug trafficking, check "Kill the Messenger"), meanwhile Lobos´s character is too clownish to be accounted for keeping the business running smooth, with that kind of "happy laughter" in his nose?

• Love 1

YOU DUMB BITCH!!!  I was literally rolling on my living room floor laughing at Angela.  All she could do was stutter "no, no, no, wait, I I I".  That shit was fabulous.

Thank goodness Holly got a good memory.  And I'm impressed with her holding out and not snitching on Tommy.  Don't know what she would have done if dumbass Angela hadn't gone into the bathroom, but it seems like she would have taken the 3 years (even though there was no warrant, but Holly didn't know that).

Holly just got real, and was right on. Does Angela have any idea how much she's damaged this case with all of her nonsense? I don't see how all these guys don't walk due to evidence via fruit of the poisonous tree. The sputtering and coughing was classic, complete with deer in the headlights look. Not so smart now, or sure of herself is she? Loved that Greg saw her with Jamie. And how the hell did she/will she get Holly out of there past her boss? Speaking of boss man, loved how he checked Angela, she needed to be called on her unprofessional and childish behavior. If she gets charged as an accessory, I will laugh my ass off.

• Love 2

Well Angela will just tell the boss the truth....that Cleveland PD called and said there is no longer a warrant on Holly, so they have no legal pull to hold her. Of course she'll tell Holly that she "pulled some strings" to get the warrant vacated in order to keep their deal.

Well Angela will just tell the boss the truth....that Cleveland PD called and said there is no longer a warrant on Holly, so they have no legal pull to hold her. Of course she'll tell Holly that she "pulled some strings" to get the warrant vacated in order to keep their deal.

Right, I was thinking more of the Jamie angle, and all she's done with him, sharing intel, not telling her people that she knows him just like Tommy, not to mention their relationship.