Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Not a spoiler but a speculation that's really a question.  Where is all this money coming from to give back the Newmans their fake ranch and the Abbott house its dining room and put Chancellor park under real skies?  Is there a cast trim coming?  Because I don't get where the money is coming from all of a sudden.   Unless it was never that bad and JPF came up with bullshit solutions to save money just to say. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Not a spoiler but a speculation that's really a question.  Where is all this money coming from to give back the Newmans their fake ranch and the Abbott house its dining room and put Chancellor park under real skies?  Is there a cast trim coming?  Because I don't get where the money is coming from all of a sudden.   Unless it was never that bad and JPF came up with bullshit solutions to save money just to say. 

I'm sure they saved a ton of money by switching to better show runners! ;)

But the show does need some thinning. Very few of the n00bs in the last three years have gelled. Stench would be the first on my chopping block along with his psychotic son, and then Dylan.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Good question. I was wondering the same. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Okay, here's my prediction. Someone else said up up-thread and I will concur; Travis is Gabriel Bingham. He is going to wreak vengeance on Victor and the whole Newman family.

HOW THE FUCK HOW?

i guess herb, the lying liar who lied, lied to one and all about why she had adam's face changed to gabes...

SHE SAID bingo died trying to save adam from the burning car wreck and that's when she came up with the plan to have adam changed into gabe and took him back to constances house in the woods..

so, guess she lied to adam about why his face was changed along with all her other lies to everyone...

• Love 9

Plus Bingo welcomed his grandma to the afterlife. Nick went to school with Gabriel, and as dumb as Nick is, and boy is he dumb, he seemed pretty confident in his ID. The amount of retcon they'd have to do to make Travis Gabriel is beyond my ability to tolerate. The saga of Sage and Gabriel needs to die already, not be given more layers and twists. It's bad enough having Sage's DNA still on the canvas in a terrible, terrible story. 

• Love 12

I don't know. It would make as much sense as the whole SullyCAN, Adam?Nick baby daddy retcon. I'm just trying to figure out what Travis is in this for. If they're going to trash him to make Buttbiscuit more palatable (NOT) then I want him to have an agenda.

• Love 3

Boy, we sure don't have any faith in TPTB do we? I'm just wishing for some stories that don't involve JT at all. I really like Travis and I think ruining his character to make Buttbiscuit look good is  a stupid idea. I don't think it's too much to hope now that Pratt and JFP are gone they could put him on the back burner. After all if he was JFP's pet, then there is no compelling reason to keep propping him.

• Love 9

Apparently Phyllis somehow messes with Jack's laptop so that she sees all his confidential emails on her computer (she is the Passkey Queen I guess, lol)

Also later in the week a spoiler says "Ashley busts Phyllis."

So the spying won't go on for long. But as I suspected, Phyllis will figure out Jack's revenge plot and try to horn in.

Also this.

RME. At least Mariah is getting more screen time. Such as it is.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I didn't think it was possible for the Sharon/Patty story to get worse. I was wrong. Is Pratt still in the building?

It is such a Pratt story. Mentally ill women scheming and victimized all over the place. #fun

On the other hand the Phack story does not smell of Pratt. And I think I can see where it's going. Phyllis will get busted by Ashley, and when Jack confronts her she will offer to "be fired or quit dramatically" and go work at Newman for Jack and spy. She knows he's after NE. She wants to get into his good graces and prove her loyalty. Everyone would believe that she is done with Jack, and Victor might even trust her. It's quite clever. They couldn't keep having these scenes of Jack being an asshole to Phyllis while she grovels (much as I enjoy them). In this scenario Jack doesn't actually have to trust her or even make a deal with her. He just gets info from her and can use it. They are clearly going back to business stories with all the couples. 

It's also a retread (of sorts) of how Phack first fell in love a million years ago. So if this is where they're going, I'm impressed.

Yup. Not Pratt.

• Love 12

Exactly, miamama. It's like they told Pratt to keep his grubby mitts off Phack, but they tossed him the Sharon/Patty bone to keep him occupied. It's so, so bad. 

People might not believe Patty for obvious reasons, so Sharon should play it cool instead of whipping out round eight zillion of saucer eyes. I still don't know why Patty gives a damn. And giving Mariah another gaslighting story is like giving Sharon another paternity switch story; unoriginal and tiresome. Sharon could, to minimize the damage, pretend she just discovered the truth from Patty and that Patty has been hounding her with hints that she didn't want to acknowledge. It would still be a lie, but it might hold back some of the scorn and rage sure to be heaped on Sharon. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Exactly, miamama. It's like they told Pratt to keep his grubby mitts off Phack, but they tossed him the Sharon/Patty bone to keep him occupied. It's so, so bad. 

People might not believe Patty for obvious reasons, so Sharon should play it cool instead of whipping out round eight zillion of saucer eyes. I still don't know why Patty gives a damn. And giving Mariah another gaslighting story is like giving Sharon another paternity switch story; unoriginal and tiresome. Sharon could, to minimize the damage, pretend she just discovered the truth from Patty and that Patty has been hounding her with hints that she didn't want to acknowledge. It would still be a lie, but it might hold back some of the scorn and rage sure to be heaped on Sharon. 

There are so many holes and leaps in this story I can't keep track. Patty was trying to HELP Sharon back at Fairview or wherever they were initially. Now she's treating her like she's some evil plotter???? huh? And what's the deal with Patty? Isn't she usually playing pattycakes and behaving like  she's four? Why is she being so devious about "getting out"? And she's going to rip that kid from her nephew and brother. Why??????

Victor's Marco deal got zero payoff so why does this have to have payoff? There aren't even any living victims. The baby is too young and the parents are dead.

It was so easy to have ended this shit story. Sharon could have learned from Chelsea that Christian was Adam's and that Sage knew. She would then have no reason to feel beholden to Sage Ghost and Nick lost nothing (since the child was never his). Sharon and Mariah could discuss and Sharon could say calmly with no bug eyes: "He's an orphan and we're the only parents he's known. Case closed."

Instead this?????

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, miamama said:

There are so many holes and leaps in this story I can't keep track. Patty was trying to HELP Sharon back at Fairview or wherever they were initially. Now she's treating her like she's some evil plotter???? huh? And what's the deal with Patty? Isn't she usually playing pattycakes and behaving like  she's four? Why is she being so devious about "getting out"? And she's going to rip that kid from her nephew and brother. Why??????

Victor's Marco deal got zero payoff so why does this have to have payoff? There aren't even any living victims. The baby is too young and the parents are dead.

It was so easy to have ended this shit story. Sharon could have learned from Chelsea that Christian was Adam's and that Sage knew. She would then have no reason to feel beholden to Sage Ghost and Nick lost nothing (since the child was never his). Sharon and Mariah could discuss and Sharon could say calmly with no bug eyes: "He's an orphan and we're the only parents he's known. Case closed."

Instead this?????

Yup.  My feelings exactly.  There's no reason on earth why Patty would care about Nick at all.

And after Victor skating, I have no investment in Sharon paying so we can watch Nick bellow and toss poop handed to him by Chelsea.

• Love 12

There's no reason on earth why Patty would care about Nick at all.

I don't think she does. She woke up one day and decided she wanted out of the Wisconsin State Asylum For the Criminally Underused Actor and had to think; "but how?" Well, how about blackmailing someone she has something on? Now who would that be? Sharon!

• Love 10
On Thursday, October 06, 2016 at 1:16 PM, miamama said:

All of this. It'd be poetic karma for Sharon to raise Adam's spawn, all things considered. I'd prefer this to the inevitable Sharon bash fest.

• Love 8

(from Jcren's site).

SOD for next week

Billy and Victoria learn from a manufacturer that Brash & Sassy can't increase their size order because the factory is at full capacity handling products from Jabot. Billy realizes that Jack purposely doubled Jabot's order to limits B&S's inventory. JT says that Billy feels stabbed in the back because he knows Jack did this on purpose. Billy feels like B&S is the one thing he has going good for him and he won't let Jack ruin it. 

Billy goes to Jabot and confronts Jack over the sabotage. Ashley is oblivious and doesn't think Jack would be that vindictive. JT explains that Billy knows he hurt Jack but he didn't think their brotherly bond was completely gone because of what happened with Phyllis. He now fully sees how much Jack hates him and it hurts because he still sees them as family. Nevertheless, the brothers get into a heated argument and Billy demands Jack admit what he did.

Jack doesn't deny it and tosses a "It's not personal, just business" at Billy and then orders him out his office. JT says that Billy won't take this lying down. Jack might have won the battle but not the war. Billy decides he has to play dirty and knows just the person to go to...

Can you believe this shit? He actually feels "stabbed in the back" and didn't believe his brotherly bond was broken over that little Phyllis thing??? And Ashley doesn't think Jack would be this vindictive? Huh???? He doubled Jabot's inventory? That's vindictive? Is JT kidding with this?

And he decides he has to play dirty???? Because he's been so above board so far with Jack. RME.

I'll say this: JT did the interview for this and he's really bad at explaining character motivation and what's happening, so I'm going to hope it plays out differently because WTF?

#teamJack

Also on Oct. 18 "Billy pushes Phyllis's buttons" -- I'm guessing that is the romcomcom scenes JT alluded to awhile back.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I just had a rage blackout reading that. So we're taking 500 steps back, show?

Yeah, this guy is not Billy Abbott. Billy is dead AFAIC. Can you believe he is hurt and stabbed in the back over THIS? He who has never actually truly apologized to Jack and acknowledged what he's done?

I truly don't get the writing. 

Maybe they're killing off Billy. And Jack will be the prime suspect. That's the only thing I can figure. lol.

• Love 11

I wonder if there's a factory that manufactures buttbiscuit traps? I'm asking for a friend. 

This thin skinned, weak sauce doucheflute thinks an aggressive business ploy is vindictive? He's lucky Jack didn't turn him upside down and use his misshapen haircut to scrub his tile grout. That's vindictive. And all brotherly bonds were dissolved by Billy's acidic jizzstream. Unfuckingbelievable. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, miamama said:

Yeah, this guy is not Billy Abbott. Billy is dead AFAIC. Can you believe he is hurt and stabbed in the back over THIS? He who has never actually truly apologized to Jack and acknowledged what he's done?

I truly don't get the writing. 

Maybe they're killing off Billy. And Jack will be the prime suspect. That's the only thing I can figure. lol.

It absolutely makes no sense. Why. WHY is this how they choose to write Billy and especially Billy/Jack!? And why is every interview JT's and from Billy's POV? It's so tiring. BILLY feels betrayed? REALLY!? And Billy wants to play dirty and knows who to go to? Are they actually going to have Billy try to do something with Phyllis AGAIN to hurt Jack? Like, I cannot with this. It's appalling. Billy screws his brother's wife and somehow he is the star victim of this story and show. I'm beyond over it.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It absolutely makes no sense. Why. WHY is this how they choose to write Billy and especially Billy/Jack!? And why is every interview JT's and from Billy's POV? It's so tiring. BILLY feels betrayed? REALLY!? And Billy wants to play dirty and knows who to go to? Are they actually going to have Billy try to do something with Phyllis AGAIN to hurt Jack? Like, I cannot with this. It's appalling. Billy screws his brother's wife and somehow he is the star victim of this story and show. I'm beyond over it.

PB gave quotes about Phack's counselling and I think he spoke to SID last week -- explaining that Jack is going dark. I think this was one of those smallish one-column pieces with a couple of quotes from one actor (GT gave a couple of quotes last week in the Phyllis spies on Jack story; it was also a smallish piece like this). 

I  think they are setting up Jack vs Billy as part of this corporate war they want to launch (that I believe will enmesh Jabot/Newman/Chancellor-B&S/and maybe even Fenmores eventually). JT doesn't understand the depth of Jack and Billy's relationship (that is clear to me not only here but in earlier interviews re: Philly).

This is what I think is going on: Billy wanted B&S to work desperately because his life is shit. Jack sabotaged his one good thing and that sent barely hanging on, fucked up Billy to his old ways of lashing out and being destructive and self-pitying, particularly as he's now realizing that he really finally destroyed his relationship with his brother. So he he's going to fight back and fight dirty because he's lost everything now. Described like that it's not quite as stupid and makes a certain degree of sense (as I never believed Billy was done "falling to bottom")

I don't mean to be unkind but JT is not a super intellect and I honestly think he has a really stupid take on things, plus he doesn't know the history of the characters. 

How can JT say he realizes Jack "hates him" -- jesus. Jack is devastated, absolutely destroyed by this betrayal. He is in PAIN. He deserves to lash out. He has done nothing to Billy as payback. Nothing. He tossed him once. That was it. And afterwards Billy railed at HIM. Then Billy taunted HIM.

IDGAF about Billy's pain. And honestly I don't think the majority of viewers do either.

The whole town sees Jack as victim here. Show is not pretending Billy is the victim of Jack. How can the writers have Phyllis begging Jack to forgive her and saying she's so sorry and have Billy act like this? I don't think anyone but JT sees Billy as victim. (And I expect him to be the smug asshole douche he always is in those scenes.) I'm going to wait and see how this plays out. And I'm going to enjoy cold badass Jack.

I'm sad Billy-Jack is ruined but as I said as long as JT is in this role I don't think that will change. Not for a long, long time.

And yeah I think Billy will try to use Phyllis. Oct. 24 spoilers say "Billy protects Phyllis" (probably from shit he started) So the following week he will be redeemed from his shit behaviour of the week of the 17th. RME.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, miamama said:

JT doesn't understand the depth of Jack and Billy's relationship (that is clear to me not only here but in earlier interviews re: Philly).

Oh, for sure. He has no idea.

11 minutes ago, miamama said:

Show is not pretending Billy is the victim of Jack. 

I don't know what the show is going for exactly. I do think they want us to feel sorry for Billy. Because on any other show? A character who sleeps with his brother's wife, shows no remorse, wonders why his brother hates him, and then uses said-wife against his brother because of business antics? That character is not rootable! That is the character most want to LOSE.

10 minutes ago, miamama said:

And yeah I think Billy will try to use Phyllis. Oct. 24 spoilers say "Billy protects Phyllis" (probably from shit he started) So the following week he will be redeemed from his shit behaviour of the week of the 17th. RME.

Yep. Might need to take a mini-break again.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, miamama said:

yeah

Billy's current/near-future stories: Billy/Travis/Victoria, Billy/Cane/Victora aka Brash&Sassy, Billy/Jill, Billy/Chloe/Bella, Billy/Jack/Phyllis.

I think we need more cowbell?

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Billy's current/near-future stories: Billy/Travis/Victoria, Billy/Cane/Victora aka Brash&Sassy, Billy/Jill, Billy/Chloe/Bella, Billy/Jack/Phyllis.

I think we need more cowbell?

Gah. Ridiculous right? Still, I'm not ruining my mood on JT's words/take. He's too stupid. "Billy feels stabbed in the back." JFC. That he can actually say that. Wow.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, miamama said:

Gah. Ridiculous right? Still, I'm not ruining my mood on JT's words/take. He's too stupid. "Billy feels stabbed in the back." JFC. That he can actually say that. Wow.

He's on way too much and involved with way too much.

Yeah, I'm not worried about JT's take. He has a history of always believing his character is the victim.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, yeah. I don't want to get off-topic, but some of his takes on GH's Patrick made me want to throw things.

Well it explains why he tends to make these bizarre acting choices. Smug spoiled child kind of reactions rather than shame for example. He feels sad that Jill was a lousy mother but has no clue it seems that Jack was abandoned by his mother as a child. Or he thinks Jack is the good favoured son and he the black sheep when in fact Jack was a disappointment to his father for a very long time and was the original bad boy. And he really embraces the Billy is in PAIN garbage. 

Fascinating. 

But yes he's on entirely too much. I expect this to change if for no other reason than the JT fatigue syndrome.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, miamama said:

Well it explains why he tends to make these bizarre acting choices. Smug spoiled child kind of reactions rather than shame for example. He feels sad that Jill was a lousy mother but has no clue it seems that Jack was abandoned by his mother as a child. Or he thinks Jack is the good favoured son and he the black sheep when in fact Jack was a disappointment to his father for a very long time and was the original bad boy. And he really embraces the Billy is in PAIN garbage. 

Well, I still think THAT? Is a YR thing. I think he doesn't know the history, so, for him, he thinks Billy is this poor dude in pain over losing his daughter.

He did shame on GH. He played human. You felt for him. One day, I will bug you with clips. :P

• Love 3

Someone posted the article on Twitter in case you want to read it. JT's "insights" come off somewhat less stupid and vile in the original. Although "Billy never wanted to hurt his brother" makes me laugh. Just because your primary intention wasn't to hurt him (and I'm not convinced it wasn't) doesn't make the wound less brutal to the person you hurt. Also I believe this stuff plays out in today's Canadian (based on CDN previews).

• Love 1

He looks like he's going to spit in Jack's face. And Billy is going to play dirty? Going to? You'd need a chisel, hammer, and a fire hose to crack the thick layer of filth coating Buttbiscuit now. Can't this lazy motherfucker find himself another factory? I suppose that would take effort and research and Billy's too busy with his epic pity party to solve his shitty little first world problem. Instead we get #justice4brashandsassy. 

I can't believe we're still being treated to "Why is everyone being so mean to meeeee just because I'm a worthless dick?" 

• Love 13

"Billy feels stabbed in the back"......

When that REALLY happens, when it's More Than a Feeling, when the 70's band, Boston, is playing that song in the background, when that snuffleupagus of a ButtBiscuit ACTUALLY is stabbed in the back, then I might actually enjoy him.

Till then, he can drown in his own mucus.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Brotherly bond? Really Billy, he didn't give a damn about Jack. 

IKR? He is just SHOCKED that the FACT that they are brothers didn't mean anything to Jack. Imagine that.

• Love 6