Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

See, and that's what they're doing. They're making Phyllis and Billy look good after spending months making them so completely shitty and uncaring. So if Phyllis was traumatized this entire time, wouldn't Billy be pure crap for essentially following her around and trying to sleep with her and getting her to leave her husband? No, of course not, because it's just all ~love~ now. I see them salvaging Philly and making them victims while Jack now goes crazy. 'Cause he's not going crazy on cheaters now. He's going crazy on a PTSD victim and his poor, poor brother who holds Phyllis in his heart. This is why I was asking if Jack will ever really find out how it REALLY went down.

We will see.

I totally believe this is what's exactly going to happen. Somebody (IMO the one has the most "investment" in JT aside from the departed Phelps and I don't who know that is, but I think they're going to be in for a spectacularly rude awakening) realized that MOST of the viewers were simply not going to root for a happy ending for this dreadful couple simply because Jack now knows about the affair, and because it put an end to their marriage. Okay. So they're now suddenly FREE AT LAST to pursue their horrid (it'll never be 'torrid' Gina because neither one of you bring sultry and *hawt* because the two of you get to parade around in your skivvies and flare your nostrils in your failed attempt to emulate passionate, sultry (and what should have remained forbidden) lust. Puhleeze! Get this, CBS. We don't give a handful of shit whether they're "free" now. Trying to take the onus off Phyllis now by having her affair with this mope by declaring she was damaged won't cut it. The one and only way that's going to happen is for her to turn her back on that waste of space little brother of Jack's and never look back. As for the asshole, Billy isn't going to be done any favors by everyone being okay with him shagging his brother's wife simply because he "aw, fell in love" with the woman.

CBS, you better take a hard look at that Phyllis-Nick pairing from more than a decade ago now. There are so many viewers that never accepted what was done with pairing. They never will and it's made them hardened against their respective portrayers (one more than the other, but there you go). In the case of Phick, though, Nick didn't have sex with Sharon's sister FFS, which would have made it even more reprehensible and unforgivable for the viewers. Just like this crap is. And while I hope you're right MiaMama, I suspect that's sadly not going to be case, because I think this is way more than just trying soften what's been done to the characters in a hamfisted and wrong-headed agenda to make them palatable for their imminent couple status. Having Jack rant and rave at the both of them is definitely and desperately warranted, as would Jack kicking Billy out of his life and his home for good, and kicking his wife out behind him. But having the two of them subsequently find love and solace together, and "acceptance" by any of the other characters is just a non-starter for most viewers. Viewers don't want to see odious, selfish, destructive characters rewarded for their reprehensible behavior.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 13

So it's the big reveal this week and SOD has a joint interview with JT/GT as if they have been the pairing on this show for years. I just...it's ridiculous. PB should be at the FRONT of this. This is why I don't trust this show, lol.

• Love 7

I hope Jack kicks Billy out of his life and Phyllis out on the street. Billy can go home to mommy, but I very much doubt Jill would welcome Phyllis' skanky ass into her home. Poor Phylthy will have to beg Dummer to take her in. Then Jack can foreclose on the nasty pair of them. Oh, well Phyllis has never objected to Dumpster diving. She can teach Dummer, considering that waste of air will never be a useful member of society.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, miamama said:

I think TPTB have no particular love for JT. But I do think they have zero interest in either recasting Billy or "killing" off or sending off another male in that age bracket. (JT is benefiting from JH's departure IMO.)

Maybe they could just backburner his concave ass for a really long time and he'll get fed up and leave on his own.  Please don't take that dream away from me, miamama!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Maybe they could just backburner his concave ass for a really long time and he'll get fed up and leave on his own.  Please don't take that dream away from me, miamama!

Well, he had to have sealed a pretty sweet contractual episode guarantee when he signed onto the SS Pratt (number of episodes). He hasn't seemed to have missed an episode since winter when he first appeared. It's been excruciating. I can think of only one other actor that's been given the full court press, and that was SBu, but his character wasn't a straight up asshole like nuFrankenbilly. Overexposure made viewers mostly become inured to Deputy Dyldo, but he wasn't ugly and didn't act that way either. Phelps made a horrendous mistake. Pratt deepened the cesspool. Mal Young seems to be adding an expansion wing.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Michael Fairman's video interview w/ JT. 

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/yrs-jason-thompson-video-interview-after-the-philly-affair-is-exposed-will-billy-get-the-woman-he-loves/2016/09/15/

JT says that he and GT filmed a scene the other day and they almost turned it into a "romcom comedy." 

The aftermath of this reveal is going to piss me off, I already feel it. Lawd.

It's a clusterfuck. Spoilers say Phyllis is still "choosing" between Jack and Billy in a couple of weeks FFS.

They are not freeing Jack and they are not dropping Philly. It's the worst possible outcome IMO. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, miamama said:

It's a clusterfuck. Spoilers say Phyllis is still "choosing" between Jack and Billy in a couple of weeks FFS.

They are not freeing Jack and they are not dropping Philly. It's the worst possible outcome IMO. 

I'm sorry, WHAT? Why the hell would Jack stick around to be "chosen"? How is Phyllis the one even making decisions here? 

I won't even act like I'm shocked, though. I knew it would be like this. I expect Billy in Phyllis' face all, "I want to rip your clothes off" in about a month. That's all Philly has. Once it ever becomes mutual and they're just a couple and they can't do that "This is racy not stalkerish" shit anymore, the show knows it's over.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Please let this Philly purgatory just be the skid marks Chuck Pratt left in the bowl after a long, 3-Febreeze dump on our show. The new writer will be like a bucket of Comet, wiping away the stains. 

Romcom comedy? First of all, JT, what the hell do you think the "com" in romcom means? Redundant much? Second, there's nothing funny about a sociopath banging his sister-in-law and trolling his own brother. That's not zany hijinks. Zany hijinks is Mariah and Kevin babysitting a sexy detective's pet bunny. Being a remorseless deviant ? zany hijinks. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm sorry, WHAT? Why the hell would Jack stick around to be "chosen"? How is Phyllis the one even making decisions here? 

I won't even act like I'm shocked, though. I knew it would be like this. I expect Billy in Phyllis' face all, "I want to rip your clothes off" in about a month. That's all Philly has. Once it ever becomes mutual and they're just a couple and they can't do that "This is racy not stalkerish" shit anymore, the show knows it's over.

The spoiler is something like "Billy pleads his case to Phyllis and how does this affect her marriage and affair" and elsewhere "Phyllis is tempted and has to choose."

Either way WTF indeed.

My prediction: Jack forgives her to her surprise. There is a spoiler for US Monday that Jack shocks his family with a decision. But I suspect he's playing her ass. She commits to Jack but he's fucking her over as revenge and then Billy will be where she lands because unlike Jack he loves Phyllis truly.

You see? It will all be JACK'S FAULT. And we'll cheer for true love.

lol. Yeah, what the fuck ever. Please Sally get your ass into the writing room STAT!

• Love 8

Well take hope in the fact that was filmed while Pratt was still in the building. Now he is gone. Interesting quote to the press from Angelica McDaniels about Sally returning as HW.

"We are thrilled to have Sally return to The Young and The Restless, both as an award-winning writer, and someone who is passionate about honoring the legacy of the series with character driven story," added Angelica McDaniel, Executive Vice President, Daytime Programs and Syndicated Program Development, CBS Entertainment and CBS Television Distribution. "The powerhouse partnership of Sally and Mal Young, our talented new Executive Producer, sets an even brighter course for daytime's #1 drama." 

What a dig at Chuck.

Edited by TwistedSoul7
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, miamama said:

The spoiler is something like "Billy pleads his case to Phyllis and how does this affect her marriage and affair" and elsewhere "Phyllis is tempted and has to choose."

Either way WTF indeed.

My prediction: Jack forgives her to her surprise. There is a spoiler for US Monday that Jack shocks his family with a decision. But I suspect he's playing her ass. She commits to Jack but he's fucking her over as revenge and then Billy will be where she lands because unlike Jack he loves Phyllis truly.

lol. Yeah, what the fuck ever. Please Sally get your ass into the writing room STAT!

I bet Billy is like, "I'm sorry I told him, but I love my brother and I couldn't lie! And it's out now! He knows! We can be together!" Followed by "I want to bang you" and Phyllis is turned on by this.

They're SO romcom, guys.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Michael Fairman's video interview w/ JT. 

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/yrs-jason-thompson-video-interview-after-the-philly-affair-is-exposed-will-billy-get-the-woman-he-loves/2016/09/15/

JT says that he and GT filmed a scene the other day and they almost turned it into a "romcom comedy." 

The aftermath of this reveal is going to piss me off, I already feel it. Lawd.

JT thinks he can do comedy with this?  That there is or has been anything remotely funny in all this?  Or that he's provided even one nanosecond of anything remotely resembling humor since he started??  Good Lord, I shudder to think what he finds funny.

Oh, a few dry, gasping chuckles have escaped me through all this, but they've been moans of despair, similar to the sounds I'd make if I was a forced witness to EB trying to tuck in his Spanx.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, boes said:

JT thinks he can do comedy with this?  That there is or has been anything remotely funny in all this?  Or that he's provided even one nanosecond of anything remotely resembling humor since he started??  Good Lord, I shudder to think what he finds funny.

I don't know what they filmed, but nothing between Philly should even be remotely FUNNY. His character's brother finds out he's having an affair with his wife and GT/JT decide to play it like a romcom. That's awesome.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I bet Billy is like, "I'm sorry I told him, but I love my brother and I couldn't lie! And it's out now! He knows! We can be together!" Followed by "I want to bang you" and Phyllis is turned on by this.

They're SO romcom, guys.

You mean romcomcom. lol.

5 minutes ago, boes said:

Peter says "have your hankies ready" for the aftermath of the reveal. His character is destroyed; it is the worst thing emotionally that has ever happened to Jack in the character's history, but a month or so later, Philly are filming romantic comedy scenes, the two people who are responsible for this agony. Someone make this stop. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, miamama said:

Peter says "have your hankies ready" for the aftermath of the reveal. His character is destroyed; it is the worst thing emotionally that has ever happened to Jack in the character's history, but a month or so later, Philly are filming romantic comedy scenes, the two people who are responsible for this agony. Someone make this stop. 

This story should have been devastating for Billy and Phyllis. But, nope, it's a regular Kate Hudson flick up in here.

• Love 4

this is a post from soc poster DOOLWill re:sally and mal

DOOLWill 

Board Regular

Jul 2013

This is the best thing that happened to Y&R since the departure of Kay Alden. Mal and Sally are the gold! I met with Sally roughly a month and a half ago. She knows Y&R inside out. Sharon fans, get ready to the improved Sharon and Lauren/Michael fans I think you will be happy as well. Knowing that Sally gave Lauren one of her best storylines, fear no more. 

When I talked with Mal, he assured me that we will see a character driven show. No doubles, no chipmunks and over the top camp. Say goodbye to those. 
As someone who is writing a book about the soap industry and a devoted fan of the genre and Y&R, I am very optimistic. Mal and Sally know what they are doing! And as one of my mentors from graduate school used to tell me, trust the process. This is one process that I will trust.

i am joyous.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This story should have been devastating for Billy and Phyllis. But, nope, it's a regular Kate Hudson flick up in here.

This entire storyline is pure trash. You were dead on re: the media/promo stuff. GT and JT seem to be playing characters who exist in a bubble. History, their actions, nothing matters but how freaking hot and fun they are!!! OMG!

It's such trash I don't think even "revenge Jack" will cut it for me. I can't imagine how badly he'll be written to prop Philly.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, miamama said:

This entire storyline is pure trash. You were dead on re: the media/promo stuff. GT and JT seem to be playing characters who exist in a bubble. History, their actions, nothing matters but how freaking hot and fun they are!!! OMG!

It's such trash I don't think even "revenge Jack" will cut it for me. I can't imagine how badly he'll be written to prop Philly.

It doesn't even matter what Jack does. He's still on the sidelines while Philly play their will they/won't they game.

GT/JT, along with TPTB, basically treat Phyllis and Billy like they're this pair who gets fun and hot and snarky scenes. Who cares if it relates to anything else?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, miamama said:

Either way WTF indeed.

Sadly, I believe it. Even as good as the show yesterday was (Thurs US), the perspective was more from Ratfuck's POV and his BROTHER'S wife. Oh, Jack was allowed to act appropriately outraged and whipass on sloppy drunk Billy, but it was all about Billy's pain. Hey! Newsflash, you moronic mofo: nobody gives a fuck. "Fall in love" with someone appropriate next time. You know, with someone who's actually free to reciprocate and not with your BROTHER'S TRAUMATIZED WIFE!

Then it was all Phyllis's POV, which I can kind of go with, but the agenda was still Pratt's and they're still trying to make this pairing work by attempting to get us to care about and forgive this dreck by making us feel sorry for these dreadful (well, only one of them is despicable and he can drop dead any day now) people because they're sorry now. The only thing Billy's sorry about is getting discovered and that he believes his shiny new squeeze toy has been taken away from him by the only adults in the room - temporarily. And since it's now known that CP's shit is still being filmed at least up through early November, this bodes ill IMO.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

making us feel sorry for these dreadful (well, only one of them is despicable and he can drop dead any day now) people because they're sorry now.

And don't forget...it's not sex! It's love! Poor victim babies.

• Love 5
On 2016-09-15 at 2:23 PM, valleycliffe said:

this is a post from soc poster DOOLWill re:sally and mal

Valley I so hope this will happen I so want the Sharon I love back and I would be happy to see Michael and Lauren together again. 

• Love 3

I'm sitting here trying to figure out why the entire Winters family is sitting around worried and talking about Jack and this Philly affair? Is the show that desperate to make this some umbrella story that effects a large part of the canvas? Spare me. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, DivaT said:

I'm sitting here trying to figure out why the entire Winters family is sitting around worried and talking about Jack and this Philly affair? Is the show that desperate to make this some umbrella story that effects a large part of the canvas? Spare me. 

i think, we are supposed to think that philly is just the greatest lurve evah in the history of this show...

yeah, i just gagged too.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i think, we are supposed to think that philly is just the greatest lurve evah in the history of this show...

yeah, i just gagged too.

Yeah but even so, why does any Winters care?  This affects them how?! Where is Ashley and Abby? Those are the folks who should be worried about Jack. Not Neil, Lily, Devon, Cane...at this rate, i am waiting on Charlie and Mattie to cry over "Uncle Jack" getting hurt. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Yeah but even so, why does any Winters care?  This affects them how?! Where is Ashley and Abby? Those are the folks who should be worried about Jack. Not Neil, Lily, Devon, Cane...at this rate, i am waiting on Charlie and Mattie to cry over "Uncle Jack" getting hurt. 

lol.

The writers don't care about the Winters. I felt like Pratt and JFP wrote for them through gritted teeth -- hence the short arcs, and the "supportive roles. I get Neil's role in this storyline. He went through a similar thing, they are friends and he's Jack's sponsor. But everyone else? It's a little ridiculous.

Didn't Sally Sussman help create Neil Winters? Maybe she can be the first writers since Bill Bell who can write for him and the rest of the Winters. Because currently it's a joke. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, miamama said:

lol.

The writers don't care about the Winters. I felt like Pratt and JFP wrote for them through gritted teeth -- hence the short arcs, and the "supportive roles. I get Neil's role in this storyline. He went through a similar thing, they are friends and he's Jack's sponsor. But everyone else? It's a little ridiculous.

Didn't Sally Sussman help create Neil Winters? Maybe she can be the first writers since Bill Bell who can write for him and the rest of the Winters. Because currently it's a joke. 

From the looks of it, writers don't care about Jack either. But caring for Winters or not is irrelevant to how they are used here. They could just continue to have them offscreen like they'v been for two months. But what they've done is brought them on to boost this shitty story.  They do care about ensuring that this storyline and Philly's affair matter in the grande scheme of the show. Right now it doesn't. There is no real fallout except Jack disowning everyone and being mad. I'm not sure why Winters are used as a surrogate family for Jack when they could just use actual Abbots. It's silly. However, I do think it'll be used to launch that whole GC buzz story that Devon and Hilary will get starting next week. So maybe I'm speaking too soon. 

SSM gave KSJ his start in daytime by casting him on Generations. She didn't create Neil Winters. 

• Love 2

Im curious to see if there will be a suddent shift in all the current stories of pratts once SSM and Alden come backmmor if they will conclude Pratt's stories in a more gradual manner?

I hope they will restore Jill...try to make sharon more redeemable...and have Phyllis suffer the consqeuneces of her actions (billy especially should suffer even more since he slept with his brothers wife).

• Love 7

i saw this in the getting to genoa and thought it would be fun to talk about here.

ashley and travis get stuck in an elevator together and there is also a spoiler that says ashley meets up with someone from her past..

ashley has long been a cougar and loves them young.  when she was working in nyc for jabot and travis was wall street, they could have met and had an affair..and now he's with vikki.

what do y'all think?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i saw this in the getting to genoa and thought it would be fun to talk about here.

ashley and travis get stuck in an elevator together and there is also a spoiler that says ashley meets up with someone from her past..

ashley has long been a cougar and loves them young.  when she was working in nyc for jabot and travis was wall street, they could have met and had an affair..and now he's with vikki.

what do y'all think?

lol. Yes I posted that. Well, as you know i hope he's her kid because I want him to have Abbott blood. But I could just as easily see him having hooked up with Ashley. I love that he's being worked into the canvas though. MR is a find.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

what do y'all think?

2 minutes ago, miamama said:

lol. Yes I posted that. Well, as you know i hope he's her kid because I want him to have Abbott blood. But I could just as easily see him having hooked up with Ashley. I love that he's being worked into the canvas though. MR is a find.

I like those ideas, especially Ashley and him having a past.   ANYTHING other than see her get thrown back together with Stench.  

He needs to exit breadbox door left, and fast.

• Love 10

I like those ideas, especially Ashley and him having a past.   ANYTHING other than see her get thrown back together with Stench.  

I still have hopes that sanity will prevail in the newyear and MEK will return as GC's much needed Coma Specialist.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, boes said:

ANYTHING other than see her get thrown back together with Stench.  

He needs to exit breadbox door left, and fast.

Right? Why is this LOSER still on the show? Abby's sick of him. And I no longer mind Abby. They really need to drop him. Maybe show can cast Nate Hastings as the new resident doctor.

• Love 8