Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Clay going is absolutely best for Vanessa's game. Clay has already said he doesn't trust Vanessa anymore. If he stayed, he would definitely try to align with JMac, Becky, Steve. 

• Love 3

I don't think Steve has any disorder, I'm like him with the social thing and so is my mom and little girl. I don't think it's fair to label him as having a disorder, some people just aren't good around other people.

ETA: Shelli leaving is best for everyone, she is a strong player with a good strategy, getting rid of her now keeps them from going head to head with her in the future, clay is an idiot, keep him around and unless it's a comp that needs strength most of the hg can beat him.

Edited by MrsMommy
  • Love 6

I totally agree. It might be the selection of HGs, though. I like James and Meg as people the most, but they haven't been terribly great as players. Becky and John are alright, too, but I personally never like the HGs playing the rat game (although it works ever season).  

As infuriating and annoying and off as she can be, Vanessa's fun to watch. I don't care if she spouts off about integrity while lying at the same time. And I really think she'll do whatever it takes to win and has the ability to be a few steps ahead in all circumstances. Her game can go up in smoke at any second if the power shifts don't go her way or she self sabotages, but appreciate what she's trying to do at least. She's gutsy, I'll give her that - the same reason I can't hate Shelli (but I hate Clelli or Shay or whatever they're called).

It's just what I personally what I like as a viewer. I can understand how people can hate her, or like the HGs lying low and playing both sides, or just root for who they like as people. But I think if Vanessa would just choose her battles more carefully and calm down every once in a while, she'd have a lot more fans.

ETA: I'm always curious how viewers choices line up with each season. Like do Jeff and Jordan fans usually like the same type of HGs season to season, and Dani Donato fans like the other type? Are Nerd Herd fans and Sovereign 6 fans always divided every year?

Wait, the Nerd Herd had/has fans??

I agree with your assessment of Vanessa (and Shelli and Clay/Shelli together).  I find Vanessa fascinating to watch and I am a fan of this show primarily for the gameplay, so I appreciate her.  And I definitely want to see how Shelli would play without her son there.  

• Love 4

ETA: I'm always curious how viewers choices line up with each season. Like do Jeff and Jordan fans usually like the same type of HGs season to season, and Dani Donato fans like the other type? Are Nerd Herd fans and Sovereign 6 fans always divided every year?

Did the Nerd Herd have fans?

Personally, my favorite houseguest seems to vary each year. There's not one type that I like. I love Dr. Will, I love Danielle from BB3, I love Janelle, I love Jordan, I love Vanessa. I think I do gravitate more toward the person who seems to have the best grasp of the game on both a short-term and long-term level. But I also admire Janelle for being a comp beast and for battling against an awful alliance, and I love Jordan because she was super sweet and a bright spot in a sea of crazy.

It's probably why Vanessa is my favorite houseguest at this point, although I totally agree with Katesus above, that her ADHD can be draining. She'd fare better if she could pump the brakes a little bit, but I'm not sure her brain is able to do that.

I don't think Steve has any disorder, I'm like him with the social thing and so is my mom and little girl. I don't think it's fair to label him as having a disorder, some people just aren't good around other people.

Steve's admitted inability to read social cues is why some people think he might be on the Asperger's scale. And it's not an insult, it's just factual. Steve has often asked people for advice in how to read social cues better, and for people to tell him if he's not getting something. He also has had many conversations with himself/the camera, he speaks in a certain monotone pattern, etc. It's just a lot of the symptoms of someone who is on the scale, somewhere.

• Love 5

Wait, the Nerd Herd had/has fans??

*Raises hand*  I'm one of them.  I, for one, couldn't stand the Sovs, or at least the male ones.  I was a fan of Rachel, Sarah, and Janelle, but not Howie, James, or Kaysar.  Mostly because it seemed like their alliance was all about pursuing personal agendas rather than strategy, save for Beau's boot.  I liked the Friendship/Nerd Herd just fine because even though I didn't think much of any of them as people (save for Beau and, surprisingly, Maggie), they were, as a whole, superior game players who, despite their feelings toward the Sovs and even one another, still focused on the game and on strategy.

So yeah.  They have fans.  I'll shout it from the rooftops if I have to. ;)

• Love 7

*Raises hand*  I'm one of them.  I, for one, couldn't stand the Sovs, or at least the male ones.  I was a fan of Rachel, Sarah, and Janelle, but not Howie, James, or Kaysar.  Mostly because it seemed like their alliance was all about pursuing personal agendas rather than strategy, save for Beau's boot.  I liked the Friendship/Nerd Herd just fine because even though I didn't think much of any of them as people (save for Beau and, surprisingly, Maggie), they were, as a whole, superior game players who, despite their feelings toward the Sovs and even one another, still focused on the game and on strategy.

So yeah.  They have fans.  I'll shout it from the rooftops if I have to. ;)

You're definitely right that Kaysar and especially Howie were shit players, and Maggie was a very good one.  I just could not get behind the Cappy shrines and delusion and mean spiritedness from all of them.  I wasn't a fan of Howie's April rant but that whole group were just such assholes it didn't bother me as much as it should have.  

Either way, that's still one of my favorite seasons.  I wish Grodner hadn't fucked it up so badly because I'd gladly take another season of "Cappy, Cappy, Cappy!" over the merry band of racists from 2 seasons ago or all the rigging we get every season.  

Anyone know who won veto yet?  I'm hoping for maximum drama, so go Vanessa :)

• Love 5

I liked the Friendship/Nerd Herd just fine because even though I didn't think much of any of them as people (save for Beau and, surprisingly, Maggie), they were, as a whole, superior game players who, despite their feelings toward the Sovs and even one another, still focused on the game and on strategy.

I found all but Maggie to be nothing more than acolytes to Cappy, and by extension, Maggie. Basically they all followed orders until the bitter end and handed Maggie the game on a silver platter. I was also more than a little put off by their sanctimonious we're the good people vibe and their tendency to demonize the opposition. At least this cast hasn't fallen into the "the other side is made up of very bad people" mantra that the nerd herd fed themselves on.

• Love 9

Austin and Liz did a "score one for the good guys" thing after the veto ceremony as shown on the episode. My opinion of Austin couldn't really get lower than it is, but that turned me way off. It's the same sort of bullshit like saying things happening to you in the game is "not fair". Entitlement, in life and reality TV, is gross.

I commend James for his solid IDGAF attitude.

Edited by AndreaK1041
  • Love 7

At least this cast hasn't fallen into the "the other side is made up of very bad people" mantra that the nerd herd fed themselves on.

There's still time. Shelli last night was telling Clay there's always a "light side and a dark side." And asked why they chose the Dark Side since they "aren't like those people."

The "score one for the good guys" happened, but I didn't think they seriously think the other side are "bad guys."

Edited by mooses

There's still time. Shelli last night was telling Clay there's always a "light side and a dark side." And asked why they chose the Dark Side since they "aren't like those people."

The "score one for the good guys" happened, but I didn't think they seriously think the other side are "bad guys."

Wasn't it during Austin's (short) HoH reign that they were talking about how they were the "good guys" and the other side wasn't? Maybe I'm getting stuff mixed up, though.

• Love 1

Clay and Shelli are crying in the bathroom, but I don't know who won.

Prize/punishment comp, looks like Shelli has the costume. I think James won Veto? Sounds like it. For some reason, Meg is crying.

ETA: Nope, it looks like it's just the Veto costumes.

Edited by Callaphera

Clay won a trip (for 2). Vanessa has to be shackled to someone (a her).

Poor whoever the "her" is.

Vanessa and the Austwins better get prepared for that bus to run them over.

• Love 3

Maybe it's Meg, why else would she cry, she didn't even play and he ally won!

Maybe someone said something mean to her. My guess would be Clay if so.

This entire post has been brought to you by speculation.

• Love 9

Shelli has to do a routine and ring a bell? I guess that's like Brittany's soccer ball punishment last year. 

And someone also can't play in next week's Veto. Damn it, I wish someone would just sit down in the hammock room and got through it for us.

Maybe it's Meg, why else would she cry, she didn't even play and he ally won!

Maybe she's the one that has to be shackled with Vanessa!

Shelli saying Clay better take her to Ireland. Maybe he like wants to take his mom or someone he's known for more than a month?

• Love 4

And someone also can't play in next week's Veto.

I think if Shelli doesn't do her required reps of the punishment, she can't play in veto next week.  I think she might say screw it, as she senses she's the one to go home.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

So Clay won a trip, Shelli got stuck with a costume, Becky won $5,000, and Vanessa's getting shackled to someone.  So clearly, that leaves James and Jackie.  One got the Veto (sounds like James), while one can't play in the next Veto Competition (that might leave Jackie).

• Love 1

I'd rather see Clay leave than Shelli, just for my own personal enjoyment for the rest of this season. I really want to see Shelli vs. Vanessa towards the end. That would be really great. Is there any chance at all that Austin would get put up?

• Love 1

Wasn't it during Austin's (short) HoH reign that they were talking about how they were the "good guys" and the other side wasn't? Maybe I'm getting stuff mixed up, though.

I don't have the feeds, but watch BBAD, and I've heard all members of Sixth Sense talk about being *the good guys*. I'm pretty sure Shelli said something recently about the other side not having morals.

• Love 1

So, James leaves the nominations as is, correct?  Unless he really wants Shelli out and senses Clay would be the one to go?  But then he could piss off whoever he puts up.  I don't see an upside to him changing the noms.  Does anyone else?

I'd rather see Clay leave too, just so that Grodner loses a pet. Also, I don't need to see Becky and Meg fighting to be his fake girlfriend if his current fake girlfriend leaves. Now that Becky has five grand, she can leave too and I won't be sad.

Never ever thought I'd say this, but Go James!

• Love 5

I don't think James will change the nominations. His goal is to get one of them out. That's accomplished by leaving them up. If he puts up Liz, there's still a chance she could go home, though it's small.

So, Jackie has the costume/unitard and she has to be shackled to Vanessa. Vanessa has to clean her?! I think I heard that wrong. I hope I heard that wrong. 

Becky is offering to split the $5k with James? I am so confused.

• Love 1

So, James leaves the nominations as is, correct?  Unless he really wants Shelli out and senses Clay would be the one to go?  But then he could piss off whoever he puts up.  I don't see an upside to him changing the noms.  Does anyone else?

Why would James change his own nominations?  His intent was to make a bold move in the game and break up the couple.  It wasn't as if Clay was put up as a pawn.

Edited by escape

I can't even with these stupid people.

Johnny Mac commiserating with Vanessa over what a great guy Clay is for throwing away his game. LOL. Little does this dumbass know a few hours prior she was trying to get his ass on the block as a replacement.  

• Love 5

So, Jackie has the costume/unitard and she has to be shackled to Vanessa. Vanessa has to clean her?! I think I heard that wrong. I hope I heard that wrong. 

I think Jackie is wearing like a knight's armor that Vanessa is going to have to shine, or something.

• Love 2

Vanessa spilled the beans to Shelli in the bathroom that Clay has been going around, making people promise to vote him out and keep Shelli. Shelli is instantly "Why would he do that?" as Vanessa tells her it's the most romantic thing. So of course, Clay comes in and they're crying in each other's arms with Vanessa crying in the background, going on and on about how romantic and kind-hearted Clay is. 

You know Austin is going to hear about what Vanessa is saying and he's gonna have to up his game with Liz. No one can out-romance him.

• Love 17

Either way, that's still one of my favorite seasons. I wish Grodner hadn't fucked it up so badly because I'd gladly take another season of "Cappy, Cappy, Cappy!" over the merry band of racists from 2 seasons ago or all the rigging we get every season.

That was actually why I hated the Friendship -- they were the original band of Big Brother racists, long before Aaryn and Ginamarie ever stepped foot inside the house. Let's not forget that time Eric growled at Kaysar that he must've nominated him because the Koran told him to, or when Ivette hissed at April that Kaysar influencing other players was exactly like Osama Bin Laden commanding Al Qaeda to fly planes into the Twin Towers.

• Love 16

Okay I totes think V is faking all this emotion over Clay throwing himself on the sword (which is funny since it sounds like the comp was medieval themed). These are tears of relief and happiness. I don't want to think she is legit sad he is going.

• Love 5

You know Austin is going to hear about what Vanessa is saying and he's gonna have to up his game with Liz. No one can out-romance him.

Bwhahaha!!! Finally this season is picking up. Cross my fingers here ;)

• Love 2