Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Curio said:

I'm praying to the Writing Gods that Sinbad and Scheherazade aren't decoy names for Jasmine and Aladdin. Let's have them all, and include Jafar while we're at it.

I hope Aladdin/Jasmine is the "Merida-type" character I was talking about to draw in modern audiences. But yes - I want them all. Jafar would be a must too. Dang, I have a sliver of anticipation for S6 now. I'm concerned for myself.

About Rumple, I think he will be back by the end of 6x01 with Belle in a Box, and will probably release her from the box when they are back in town to make sure she doesn't take off on him in wherever realm they are since she is carrying precious cargo. 

He'll pop her out of the box whenever he needs to stroke her hair and monologue like a creep.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Dang, I have a sliver of anticipation for S6 now. I'm concerned for myself.

Right? I should know better by now. I'm trying my hardest to not to come up with awesome mental fanfics about the story possibilities, but I know that if I stumble too far down that road, it just leads to disappointment when he show airs and it's not nearly as cool as its potential.

But... I mean... come on. "Do you know there are cities where the air smells of spices and women are carried on jeweled chairs? Would you like to see that?" If Killian didn't run into Sinbad at some point in his life, I call bullshit.

Scheherazade giving Henry writing tips could be interesting. It would probably start with, "You need to write something, kid. You can't just do it in your sleep."

• Love 3
(edited)

Scheherazade giving Henry writing tips could be interesting. It would probably start with, "You need to write something, kid. You can't just do it in your sleep."

Perhaps there is more than one Author, which is why Henry found empty books in that New York library. (and Scheherazade is one of them.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

He'll pop her out of the box whenever he needs to stroke her hair and monologue like a creep.

The season finale showed us that he can monologue to a boooox like a pro.

1 minute ago, Curio said:

I hope she tells Henry to go to school so he can learn grammar and composition and stuff. 

• Love 1

“One of the things that we really want to get back to this year is that season 1 and 2 vibe of small town stories, being in Storybrooke and getting back to Mary Margaret as the teacher, Emma as the sheriff, Grumpy as the janitor.”

I'm sort of excited about this. I missed this a lot. Is Hook going to get a job?

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is Hook going to get a job?

Who needs a job when the Storybrooke economy is a joke, you have gold buried around town, your girlfriend is the sheriff, and anyone with magic holds all the cards?

Just now, Curio said:

Who needs a job when the Storybrooke economy is a joke, you have gold buried around town, your girlfriend is the sheriff, and anyone with magic holds all the cards?

One thing I've been wondering about is the house. He was planning on purchasing it which clearly means he has wealth in Storybrooke. A house isn't exactly cheap. I've been wondering if Emma bought it, or just stopped by the bank and was like I'm the Dark One, and as Dark One I want this house.

I've been wondering if the Loft is rent free for instance. I'm Regina doesn't pay anything for her house, and neither does Gold for his several properties like his shop, his house, the cabin in the woods. But we also know Gold used to collect rent from Granny's for instance, and we were told he owned the town, but I don't think he does that anymore, does he?

(edited)

Mary Margaret as the teacher

Didn't we just spend the last arc separating Snow from Mary Margaret? Why are Adam & Eddy still calling her MM? And why would "I want to be Snow again!" Snow want to be a teacher again? Does Snow have a more badass way of teaching compared to meek Mary Margaret? Are they just going to reset her character back again? If so, can she reclaim her spot as Emma's BFF?

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

neither does Gold for his several properties like his shop, his house, the cabin in the woods. But we also know Gold used to collect rent from Granny's for instance, and we were told he owned the town, but I don't think he does that anymore, does he?

I've wondered for a while if Gold collected rent after the curse broke. Not that he needed it, of course. But did he use his "ownership" of their property as leverage?

Didn't we just spend the last arc separating Snow from Mary Margaret? Why are Adam & Eddy still calling her MM? And why would "I want to be Snow again!" Snow want to be a teacher again? Does Snow have a more badass way of teaching? Are they just going to reset her character back again?

Cursed Mary Margaret was pretty badass, imo. It's post-S2 MM that I hope never returns.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sounds like Adam is still writing the premiere (6x01). ...

I also know what you guys will zero in on regarding that tweet.

Snow vs Evil Queen. Groundbreaking. 

Or is that supposed to be Light vs Dark Regina?

Edited by Rumsy4

Maybe the untold stories are untold because Scheherazade is supposed to be the Author writing them, but she's held captive or under a curse, or something, and they have to rescue her to get the stories told.

Oh, who am I kidding? She'll make a brief appearance in a flashback, and she won't actually have anything to do with telling stories. They'll just use her name for some random character and pat themselves on the back for making the allusion.

Meanwhile, Sinbad will have a past with Regina, Zelena, or Rumple, rather than the actual sailor in the cast.

• Love 4
(edited)

Meanwhile, Sinbad will have a past with Regina, Zelena, or Rumple, rather than the actual sailor in the cast.

Either:
* Regina hired Sinbad to kill Snow and it failed.
* Zelena went on a blind date with Sinbad after "breaking up" with Hades.
* Sinbad made a deal with Rumple and it's why he is who we know him as.

I also know what you guys will zero in on regarding that tweet.

I'm kind of thinking we'll be getting some sort of EQ flashback to remind us of how big a "threat" she is. Maybe it'll be a retcon about a Snow/EQ encounter.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
(edited)

Emma has Hook, so Regina needs Sinbad.  BFFs need the same type of love interest.

Scheherazade is there for the very special episode where we found out she plagiarized all her stories.

“One of the things that we really want to get back to this year is that season 1 and 2 vibe of small town stories, being in Storybrooke and getting back to Mary Margaret as the teacher, Emma as the sheriff, Grumpy as the janitor.”

Why would Grumpy want to continue as a janiter?  Wouldn't he want to help David at the Sheriffs' Station?  Or maybe do what they've been doing these last few seasons, work in the mine and on the fields with Tiny?   Basically, the Writers want another "reset", to hell with what the characters would actually want.

They seriously want us to believe that they want to write an episode with Snow as the teacher?  Helping out some kid arrival from the Land of Untold Stories?  Well, I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm kind of thinking we'll be getting some sort of EQ flashback to remind us of how big a "threat" she is. Maybe it'll be a retcon about a Snow/EQ encounter.

Newsflash: At some point in their past, the Evil Queen made yet another attempt to murder Snow in an absolutely horrible way, yet somehow failed, and/or she murdered someone close to Snow, either out of frustration at failing or possibly hitting the wrong target -- whatever she did was meant to hit Snow, but got someone near her.

In the present, Snow has no fear or resentment of Regina, in spite of having gone through multiple murder attempts and having lost multiple people she cared about to Regina's wrath.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that right now the writers are brainstorming different ways Regina and Rumple could have met Simbad (or Aladdin), without even considering the other characters.

32 minutes ago, Serena said:

Like, I KNOW there's a trick, but I can't figure out what it is...

Easy: Good Regina will turn out to be even more of a light magic Savior than Emma is. Or else it will turn out to be ironic/sarcastic, where they need the Savior but Emma fails at the job.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Serena said:

Does anyone else feel like they're being trolled with the 601 title? Like, I KNOW there's a trick, but I can't figure out what it is...

Same. I'm sure it's somehow Regina. 

• Love 3

It is ridiculous that all I thought when I saw the title was. So they will finaly going to do it! 

And I will hate them for real this time.

Gave the one thing that was still unique to Emma Swan somehow to Regina.

why ! !

• Love 3
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Serena said:

Does anyone else feel like they're being trolled with the 601 title? Like, I KNOW there's a trick, but I can't figure out what it is...

I think it's fine. I think it bodes well that the season might be opening that way.

can we discuss spoiler titles in this thread? I'm super hesitant right now.

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)
1 hour ago, Serena said:

Yeah, I'm 99% sure that, even if the title is somehow about Emma, she is not going to be the main protagonist of the episode. It's probably about the EQ arriving in Storybrooke and going after the Savior, completed with a flashback where she discovers the existence of said Savior.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

can we discuss spoiler titles in this thread? I'm super hesitant right now.

I think spoiler titles are fine because they're publicly posted by Adam on his Twitter. But I know some people avoid even those, so I wouldn't mind having the spoiler thread back.

I do hope it is really about Emma because the whole savior thing always there but not directly adress so for me it is perfectly normal that they want to address it now in the open in of the 6 season. Sure, a premiere is rarely about just one character and will see EQ, Hydes and others but  Emma deserve to have some focus too. The final was heavy on Regina I totally can see that it is Emma turn. 

• Love 1

If the season premier focusses on Emma, that will be yet another 180 degree turn from the finale, which was itself a 180 degree turn from the rest of Season 5. It logically makes sense that the season premiere will continue to focus on the EQ/Regina split. And that's why I agree with @Serena that A&E are most likely trolling us.

I can see a case for the focus to nominally be on Emma if the season opens with the "Hyde" problem. With all the new people being transported to Storybrooke, someone or the other is bound to make the outrageous claim that Emma is responsible for the Happy Endings of all these new people, and that's the way to defeat Hyde.

With the half-season formats gone, I'm not sure we can really expect the first half to focus more on Emma and the back half to focus more on Regina. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I found some more title spoilers for 6A:
"The Author"
"The Dark One"
"The Box"
"The Fairest of Them All"
"The Wicked Witch"
"The Pirate"

Regina and Charming already had "The Shepherd" and "The Evil Queen", so that's why they're not getting centrics this arc. Pretentious episode titles for everyone!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, this season is JUST like Season 1, you guys, so you know how in Season 1 Episode 1, The Savior came to town and it was really important and all that.  Well, now in Season 6, it's The Evil Queen who walks into town.  What a twist.   And yes, of course, the people from The Land Of Untold Stories need a Savior.  Everyone get their drinks ready for a sip every time the word "Savior" is used in this episode.  

Rumple made the deal with Hyde, who knows "owns" the town?  So maybe Hyde will be the debt collector while The Evil Queen takes over as Mayor.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

I'm willing to make more generous assumptions about the title until I see evidence otherwise (which is only two weeks away, whee). If they're truly going back to season 1 style -- more episodic with the characters returning to their day jobs -- then I think it might be about Emma being the savior on a smaller scale. Or maybe that everyone in town is now the savior, as they all have to help with getting characters their happy endings (I'm rolling my eyes at it, but it seems like the kind of thing they'd do).

I actually think the vast majority of Regina is going to be the Evil Queen. That was her role in season 1, and frankly, no one wants a storyline about a diligent mayor doing ribbon cuttings and passing town ordinances. 

Meanwhile, if they're all going back to their day jobs, what is Hook going to do? This should be a poll. How does one suggest a new poll?

(edited)
6 hours ago, retrograde said:

This should be a poll. How does one suggest a new poll?

You can shoot a message over to @yeswedo.

I always figured they'd give Hook a job like Storybrooke Boat Tour Captain for his day job, and then whenever Emma needs his help on a case, he cuts the tour short (or hands the reigns off to Smee) and runs off to help Emma and Charming. I just don't see the writers making him a deputy or something, even though he's basically at honorary status at this point.

Edited by Curio

He could teach math at the high school. Then they could have that Indiana Jones scene with the girls sighing over him. Joking but math should be a real world thing he can do competently.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, retrograde said:

Meanwhile, if they're all going back to their day jobs, what is Hook going to do? This should be a poll. How does one suggest a new poll?

Just like we don't know if Hook lives at Granny's, at the Jolly Roger or in a bench somewhere, I doubt we would ever discover his job, or even if he has one.

• Love 1

I think the title indicate that the Untold story will be more in opposition to Emma’s journey as savior ( Hyde as the leader of the Untold people at first)

EQ will be more about Regina but more  b arc at first.

The more obvious will be all the new character in town. So, the need of Sheriff and savior Swan. That will also give the season 1 and 2 feel. In the while the EQ will be planning evil plan the question is against who in main target. 

(edited)

It wouldn't be a bad thing if the Writers explore the ramifications of an entire group of people (from Land of Untold Stories) in town, and how the different administrative structures in town (school, mayor office, Sheriff's station, etc.) are affected.  

But then again, when all the Camelot people arrived, A&E only thought it was necessary to plan some street party off-screen for the sole purpose of having Henry ride in on a horse.  Soooo, don't expect much.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I really think they're reestablishing Emma as the Savior, and what her role is or still is. In season 5, there was a lot of there's no savior in this town anymore, and they established that there's only one Savior, and that's Emma. Episode 5x02 was full choke of that. From Regina pretending to be the Savior in Camelot, to Henry telling her that he believes in her because he's such a disloyal little troll (should have asked the mother who was making him think he was nutso to break the curse she cast), and that she can be the Savior, to Regina acknowledging that she was no Savior, to Emma refusing to fulfill that role when the Fury came.

Plus the writers muddled the waters so much with having the villains disregard or completely dismiss who Emma is, and inserting Regina in this by having her do light magic, or making her blood special because they're idiots like that.

I'm sort of seeing some shades of episode 1x01 in this, where these characters from the untold stories might have been brought to Storybrooke by Hyde against their will just like Regina brought people from the EF against their will. 

Plus with the EQ on the loose, last time she was on the loose during Shattered Sight, the ribbon Emma was wearing was destroyed because of how much she hated Emma, then she went after Snow.

Hopefully they build on what's already canon before they start making shit up, and rewriting.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Plus the writers muddled the waters so much with having the villains disregard or completely dismiss who Emma is, and inserting Regina in this by having her do light magic, or making her blood special because they're idiots like that.

This is exactly why I distrust the writers. The writers like keeping Emma the "savior" becasue it is a good catch phrase. But they make Regina the temporary savior whenever they like. In 3B, they did it by having Regina break the memory curse, and by having light magic. Then, in the storybook AU, the little shit Henry specifically called Regina the savior, and her blood was used to end the AU. Then, in 5.02, Grumpy acknowledged that Regina could be the savior (Standing up to that monster proved one thing... if anyone's gonna save this town, it's you). Which btw, made no sense in the episode or to the arc. 

I don't doubt Emma will still be the official savior in S6. But I'm cautious about believing how much relevance it's going to have to the season, or the fight with the EQ. The whole Operation Firebird went nowhere in helping defeat Hades. So, even if Emma is tasked with finding HE for all the new people, I'm not sure how important it will prove to defeating Hyde/EQ. 

Plus with the EQ on the loose, last time she was on the loose during Shattered Sight, the ribbon Emma was wearing was destroyed because of how much she hated Emma, then she went after Snow.

Dark Swan was not allowed to call out her parents or Regina. But I bet EQ!Regina will have a ball hashing out all imagined slights from decades ago to two days before against Emma and Snow. However, I somehow can't see Emma playing a big role in bringing down the EQ. This is Regina's inner conflict externalized. It will end the same way as 4B, with Regina getting some last minute epiphany that she can't split herself into two to dismiss her problems and will end up reintegrating herself. Emma as the savior wasn't even allowed to defeat the Dark Curse once and for all. I just don't see her defeating the EQ. All the big victories go to Regina or Rumple (or some random guest star of the arc). Never to Emma, and I doubt it's going to change now.

• Love 1

Season 5 began with 5x01 titled The Dark Swan. We all thought Emma would play a big role in Season 5 because of this, but her stint as the a Dark One ended halfway through the season and the Season 5 finale had nothing to do at all with Emma's struggles with being a Dark One. It wasn't even about Emma at all—it was all about Regina's struggles. So I could very well see another bait and switch where they try to make us believe Emma is important in Season 6 because they're giving her the 6x01 episode title The Savior, but the finale will end up being another Regina movie and Emma's importance throughout the season will slowly wane like it usually does.

They probably don't know what to do with Emma now, so they will have her talking to Hook about the weight of the responsibilities as Savior.  

But I bet EQ!Regina will have a ball hashing out all imagined slights from decades ago to two days before against Emma and Snow.

Well in the 5B finale, we already had Snow admit that she was partially responsible for The Evil Queen being conceived.  Her role really is unforgivable and will need a lifetime of penance, while you can't not forgive Cora since she expressed five seconds of regret in "Sisters".  Season 6 will probably have Snow and Emma bending over backwards to make up for the horrible decision they helped Regina to make.

This is Regina's inner conflict externalized. It will end the same way as 4B, with Regina getting some last minute epiphany that she can't split herself into two to dismiss her problems and will end up reintegrating herself.

Definitely.  It is Regina's fight and it wouldn't be anyone else's place to defeat EQ.  

Now the question is, how long for each of the milestones?
- for EQ to come into town
- for Hyde to be defeated
- for Rumple to succeed in waking up Belle
- for EQ to be defeated

If they're waiting 22 episodes to do all this, I'll need to take a very long snooze.

I won't even pretend like I understand why they even decided to go there with Regina, the TLK, the light magic, the Savior blood, the faux!Savior in 5x02, or that dumb as a box of hairs child rooting her on to be the Savior, other than it being complete fan service. Nothing else makes sense. 

In any case...Emma has this ridiculous mission to bring back happy endings. This is probably the reason they titled 6x01 The Savior.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I won't even pretend like I understand why they even decided to go there with Regina, the TLK, the light magic, the Savior blood, the faux!Savior in 5x02, or that dumb as a box of hairs child rooting her on to be the Savior, other than it being complete fan service.

More like self-service, as the writers luurve Regina so much.

In any case...Emma has this ridiculous mission to bring back happy endings. This is probably the reason they titled 6x01 The Savior.

Agree. 

the finale will end up being another Regina movie and Emma's importance throughout the season will slowly wane like it usually does.

Pretty much. 

They probably don't know what to do with Emma now, so they will have her talking to Hook about the weight of the responsibilities as Savior.  

That might play into the issues with Emma/Hook moving in together. Which could end up being interesting if the writers devote some time to it.

Edited by Rumsy4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Camera One said:

Now the question is, how long for each of the milestones?

- for EQ to come into town: I would say she shows up at the last scene of episode 1.

- for Hyde to be defeated: This is trickier. I think Hyde will be defeated by the end of December. I can't see the writers keeping him for the whole of S6 (unless Hyde Queen is a goal).

- for Rumple to succeed in waking up Belle: Three episodes is my guess

- for EQ to be defeated: Won't happen until the penultimate episode of the season. They're going to draw this out as much as possible. Bleargh...

Edited by Rumsy4
On 6/25/2016 at 8:01 PM, Rumsy4 said:

With all the new people being transported to Storybrooke, someone or the other is bound to make the outrageous claim that Emma is responsible for the Happy Endings of all these new people, and that's the way to defeat Hyde.

That seems like the most likely case to me. Either they'll petition Emma to help them, someone (Henry) will declare that it's up to her to help them find their happy endings, or she'll decide it for herself. And then that will be this season's monkey wrench in her relationship with Hook, as she won't be able to let herself just hang out with him at home when she's the Savior and all these people need happy endings. Meanwhile, although he'll say something encouraging about how she also deserves a happy ending, he won't have time to mope, as he'll have a side plot with trying to stop Rumple's latest scheme.

I would absolutely love to see Hook as the school's math teacher, and to see everyone's reaction to the fact that he really knows his stuff, but they seem to have forgotten that he was a navigator and that this involves complicated math without the use of a calculator. Maybe he'll go to work at a bar, since that's what Liam was doing in the Underworld. Otherwise, I guess he'll remain an unofficial deputy, or else a member of the Sheriff's Secret Police.

16 minutes ago, Serena said:

Season will pick up immediately, and they're casting the Greek God Morpheus.

Hah! By now, most of the ideas have been explored in one fanfic or the other (and in a much better way sometimes).

Is it too early to start the call for CS True Love's Kiss so I can extend the period of anticipation before the inevitable disappointment happens? ;-) 

6 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Hah! By now, most of the ideas have been explored in one fanfic or the other (and in a much better way sometimes).

Is it too early to start the call for CS True Love's Kiss so I can extend the period of anticipation before the inevitable disappointment happens? ;-) 

I expect by the end of the season CS will be engaged so that's the only thing I expect to be crossed out. I think it's pretyt much established they're living together.

TLK for them could happen this season, cause I am expecting EQ is gonna sleeping curse somebody and if it's Emma she'll put some kind of new counter measure so TLK w/ Henry won't work. It was foreshadowed in the finale, with Regina putting Emma under a sleeping curse.

BTW the new casting call screams Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Hookian said:

BTW the new casting call screams Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie.

As Ausiello has confirmed it, I feel that the casting news is legit at this point. 

I think it's pretyt much established they're living together.

I'm not so sure about that. For one thing, there hasn't been any time. I think it will be addressed in the first half of the season. After all, if the writers can't go over the same issues a 100 times, it doesn't count as good drama right? ;-)

Edited by Rumsy4
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Morpheus is definitely interesting considering the dream Emma had that Snow would be killed by a monster because she woke up before her dream was ever done, since that was a vision.

I honestly think they're doing a Rumple's mom 2.0 or anytime they've done a cryptic call to hide who the character really is. These scream Aladdin,Jasmine and Genie.

The 22-episode small-town-stories formula doesn't really work now. In Storybrooke, 5 people died in the past month. So why are the heroes so content about living in that death trap? Do they enjoy living in constant danger? They have no system of justice or government. Any day they could all be obliterated. I understand this is an old argument, but the sense of urgency is now being taken away again.

• Love 4