Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

Cora might get dumped in the River of Lost Souls by the end of the episode.

In Lost S6, every new character died. It's starting to feel that way with the Underworld. You either die or get sent to Olympus. (Unless you were introduced as a major character in 5x12.)

I'm hyped for next week. It will undoubtedly be the catalyst for the arc's climax.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

The writers seem to be setting up for a Rumbelle True Love kiss. The minute Belle said her father would break her Curse, I immediately felt that's not going to happen. I never saw Belle's father loving her unconditionally. 

Rumpel will bring Belle back to Storybrooke, and for whatever reason, Belle's dad won't be able to break her Curse. So, Rumple will be "forced" to do it. But the kiss will fail. Rumple will spend S6 angsting over Belle and his unborn child and trying to change to save them or whatever. There's no way Rumple is going to stop being the Dark One until the end of the series. 

• Love 1

The next five episodes seem like they're going to be action-packed. We've got to defeat Hades, save the Underworld, save everyone in the River of Lost Souls, escape, and probably go through a two-hour finale movie. Next week will probably kick things into overdrive al a 5x08.

The last one I'm guessing is going to set up the next arc.  

So that only leaves 4 episodes.  I guess they can finally reveal Hades' true plan and let the "heroes" find out how to get their names off the tombstones (next episode) and how to save Hook (the next one) and how to get out of the Underworld (the following one), and then the defeat of Hades (the fourth).

Unless they're going to do a 3A, and have them escape in 2 episodes but have Hades tag along or bring some new doom to Storybrooke with panic in the third episode and defeat of Hades in the fourth episode.]

Maybe Zelena will "sacrifice" herself staying stuck in the Underworld.  And then in the 6A premiere, she shows back in Storybrooke since she found that magical surfboard which allows you to careen down the river of souls and hop onto a magical tidal wave to the world above.

Does anyone think the not naming of baby Hood is because they're going to use it for a plot point?

If this was any other show, I'd say they've been setting up for Persephone and split-time custody (Zelena's need to have her baby and the other characters' ridiculous sympathy for her as a mother), but I don't trust this show's writing to make any sense any more.

The last one I'm guessing is going to set up the next arc. 

So that only leaves 4 episodes.  I guess they can finally reveal Hades' true plan and let the "heroes" find out how to get their names off the tombstones (next episode) and how to save Hook (the next one) and how to get out of the Underworld (the following one), and then the defeat of Hades (the fourth).

Unless they're going to do a 3A, and have them escape in 2 episodes but have Hades tag along or bring some new doom to Storybrooke with panic in the third episode and defeat of Hades in the fourth episode.

Scheduling has confirmed that the finale will air as a two hour episode (I believe it starts an hour earlier than usual too). I suppose they could break it up into two separate episodes/storylines, but that's not going to happen. So they either have three episodes to close out the Hades stuff or they have a full five with the finale being an adventure to defeat Hades.

The writers seem to be setting up for a Rumbelle True Love kiss. The minute Belle said her father would break her Curse, I immediately felt that's not going to happen. I never saw Belle's father loving her unconditionally. 

Rumpel will bring Belle back to Storybrooke, and for whatever reason, Belle's dad won't be able to break her Curse. So, Rumple will be "forced" to do it. But the kiss will fail. Rumple will spend S6 angsting over Belle and his unborn child and trying to change to save them or whatever. There's no way Rumple is going to stop being the Dark One until the end of the series. 

After the episode, I was thinking this was just a maternity leave ploy, but now I'm thinking its more than that.  Two things come to mind:

First, can a TLK be one sided?  I think no.  And for that reason, I don't think her Father can wake Belle, even if he loves her unconditionally, because Belle was in turmoil when she took the sleeping curse and I think the self loathing over Gaston and not being a hero that killed the 'hope' in the Underworld will be a barrier from anyone waking her.  So I suspect there will need to be some kind of plan to enter Belle's dreams and help her work out her issues before she can wake. 

But its another reason that I think this will go long past maternity leave.  This is just about as close as they can get to restoring Rumple's motivation to find/reconcile with Bae without losing his power.  He'll be devoted to waking Belle and his child without losing his power for the rest of the series with a handful of pre-recorded scenes where Rumple talks to a sleeping Belle and then one centric where Belle learns to love herself and wakes.  Well not this show, Belle will die saving Rumple and he'll be satisfied that he's forgiven or whatever and that he can keep going on being the Dark One with Belle's posthumous blessing because of a five second reconciliation.

I'm kinda hyped Emma's going to meet her uncle James. In the promo, she has the anti-magic cuff on, so maybe we'll see her bailbondsman skills? Those were forgotten when A&E decided Emma can only contribute through magic.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Thank goodness this show won't do this, but many shows I've watched have done this in the past.  Where they would have James murder David and Josh Dallas will stay on the show but as James for the rest of the series.

It's sad but so many writers just hate writing for "good" decent people.  I've watched several shows where only the evil incarnate continues on, while the "nice" version is murdered usually as a shocking death.

Different words used by the cast to describe the season 5 finale:

"Bonkers"; nobody can write this stuff but they did (Rebecca Mader),

Very very good; one of his favourite episodes (Colin),

People will think it is hilarious; will love it or hate it (Michael Coleman),

Love it or hate it (Sean Maguire).

Most of this is from the Storybrooke UK con, but the Bex Mader quote is from a recent interview. 

Edited by Rumsy4

I'm amazed we can still be surprised on this show.

The title of the next episode "Sisters" isn't making me feel optimistic.  I don't care for a full episode examination of the Mills women.  I prefer them occupying a B arc or C arc with more incremental developments.  I will be annoyed if Cora gets to move on to the Light because her "unfinished business" is she failed her girls, and once they forgive her, she can be rewarded for all eternity.

• Love 2

I'm hoping Cora stays in the Underworld, maybe to continue Operation Firebird as penance. She might have had some managing position already before Hades punished her. But it would be for helping people move on, not stay.

Different words used by the cast to describe the season 5 finale:

"Bonkers"; nobody can write this stuff but they did (Rebecca Mader),

Very very good; one of his favourite episodes (Colin),

People will think it is hilarious; will love it or hate it (Michael Coleman),

Love it or hate it (Sean Maguire).

Most of this is from the Storybrooke UK con, but the Bex Mader quote is from a recent interview. 

Ugh.  Unfortunately when this show goes "bonkers" we get episodes like Shattered Sight where the humor is misplaced and inappropriate and then makes subsequent events lose what meaning they had.  The only thing in there that gives me hop is Colin saying it is one of his favorites, if only because I believe previously the season 3 finale was one of his favorites, though maybe that was JMo.  I'm assuming they will be setting up season 6 and we'll have closed out Hades' arc by the finale.  Hopefully "bonkers" means we get some unlikely teams of people working together.

• Love 1

Are episode titles okay in this thread.  I don't watch promos, but I do look at the episode titles.  (Don't read further if you don't look at them)

Anyway, the title suggests to me it's another one-off standalone adventure... in many ways, both the Season 3 and Season 4 season finales were standalone adventures in an alternate scenario or timeline.  The title "An Untold Story" suggests retcon.  Hope not, but it is  This Show, These Writers.  As long as it's not another 2-hour Merida extravaganza, LOL.

Edited by Camera One

Okay, thanks.  I personally consider promos spoilers because they do "spoil" what's happening in an episode, but I know this site doesn't.  I mainly care about not ruining someone else's experience... as a hero, I'm all about compassion. 

• Love 4

Camera One, the finale is a two-parter. The bigger clue about whether or not the finale might be enjoyable is the title of episode 5.22, which I won't list because I want to be a hero too.

I will be annoyed if Cora gets to move on to the Light because her "unfinished business" is she failed her girls, and once they forgive her, she can be rewarded for all eternity.

Yep, this is what concerns me too. I also wonder about people like the Blind Witch. I love how they've been using her as the Underworld Granny, but she roasted and ate innocent children. She died trying to continue that fine dining tradition. How would she deserve to move on to a better place? 

• Love 2

Hey hey I meant a forehead/hand platonic kiss. :-p

Oh, I know exactly what you meant, the thought that Henry would care about Belle even half that much considering they don't even really know each other is nausea inducing.

So, they were pretty anvilly with the forgetting water.

Which character(s) will be getting it?

1. Snow
  2. David
  3. Emma
  4. Regina
  5. Henry
  6. Hook
  7. Rumple
  8. Belle
  9. Zelena
  10. Hades
  11. Robin
  12. Other

(Wow, that's a lot of characters.  If they were to ax a few, who should go?)

Edited by Mari

...that promo...crying Emma.....ugly sobbing at this end!

Killian's delivery of the line 'only True Love can pass'....he sounds so defeated....all those failed TLKs gotta be weighing on his mind...*sniffle*

• Love 3

I just hope HOPE that they give us a good reason why the prior ones failed!

Maybe. ....just maybe....Emma fills him in on memory loss being a giant roadblock......and not truly wanting to let go of all the DO powers ....

She intended to share her heart...you'd think that would have made him more hopeful....

• Love 1

I am really really excited! I don't mind in the least they didn't have a working TLK before. They're getting a True Love episode! haha 

Hades seemed almost... co-operative in the promo.

• Love 3

Hades seemed almost... co-operative in the promo.

Probably because he cut a deal with them. He helps them, they help him get Zelena back. Or Regina helps him get Zelena back, and Emma and Hook go on their quest.

• Love 2

Probably because he cut a deal with them. He helps them, they help him get Zelena back. Or Regina helps him get Zelena back, and Emma and Hook go on their quest.

That does seem the likely scenario.

I'm leaning towards Hades being redeemed by his love for Zelena at the end of this arc. I mean if Cora got to move on to the Light...

• Love 1

I'm leaning towards Hades being redeemed by his love for Zelena at the end of this arc. I mean if Cora got to move on to the Light...

There's got to be some reason he doesn't become a regular, though. Since he's just a guest star, he'll either turn out evil or sacrifice himself.

There's got to be some reason he doesn't become a regular, though. Since he's just a guest star, he'll either turn out evil or sacrifice himself.

I think he may sacrifice himself. Or simply give up his plans for revenge against the Nevengers, and promise to wait for Zelena until she is ready to move on...

I think he may sacrifice himself. Or simply give up his plans for revenge against the Nevengers, and promise to wait for Zelena until she is ready to move on...

Maybe the Underworld was originally supposed to be a positive place where souls could get counseling about their past issues. Then Hades got corrupted by Zeus and it began doing the opposite. So, after Hades gets TLK'ed, maybe he realizes he actually used to like his job.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

That is a good idea. Not sure about Zeus corrupting Hades. Hades may have simply twisted the UW out of bitterness. By the end of the arc, the UW will turn into an Island resort complete with mai tais and beach volleyball. 

By the end of the arc, the UW will turn into an Island resort complete with mai tais and beach volleyball.

Or turn into the Flash Sideways Universe from Lost.

Not sure about Zeus corrupting Hades. Hades may have simply twisted the UW out of bitterness.

I can buy that. We still need to confirm the significance of the TLK, though. Either Hades is telling the truth or there's something else going on. I don't think a TLK can instant-redeem someone who's been bitter for years, but then again, Zelena just presumably got redeemed from an afternoon with Young Regina. So who knows.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Looks like from next weeks Promo that the funeral scene is for Hook's Funeral. I'm guessing Hades ends up dying. I really don't think Robin is dying, I think he'll be leaving to go elsewhere. But I don't think he's dying. But who the hell knows.