Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

🤬

God Damn It! I had a bad feeling that despite their suckage on the road this season, that those vile scummy Warriors will find a way to win a game in Sacramento 123-116. And it just happened tonight. And it had to be Steph getting them to the finish line (😒). Just like those bedbugs, not only will they not go away, but those Warriors are always finding ways to bring me stomach-turning agony.

BTW, the Cavaliers went out with a whimper tonight losing to the Knicks again. Yay. 😒

Do I really have to root for either the Heat or Knicks? Except for Jimmy Butler, I want to root for neither. 

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Bill Simmons “Zombie Heat” take now in his personal Hall of Fame. A month or so ago he was complaining that even though the Heat look toasted that you know in the playoffs they’ll resurrect outta nowhere and at least scare the bejeezus out of a better team. People mocked him roundly for being a scarred Celtics fan.  

If Butler turns into just another human being playing the role as an average hoops player on the way to a loss to Boston or New York, then his efforts would not only emulate the most important game of the 3 against Atlanta, but SUPER Jimmy Butler would have been all for nothing.

That being said, no way this Milwaukee team was going to survive against the Celtics or even NY had they made it.  As mentioned, injuries and really high level NBA action did not help the Bucks.

Most important, gotta give credit to Miami despite whatever I'd said.  The Heat played who they played, they still had to earn the win, and they did

• Like 2

I've about had it with these conspiracy theory idiots.  But that's the world we live in I guess.  If Sacramento wins game seven we will hear about how the NBA wants the Lakers to have an easier opponent in the next round.  

• Like 5
On 1/18/2023 at 6:16 PM, kathyk24 said:

Retired NBA player and Coach Chris Ford has died. He won an NBA title while playing for the Celtics.

Catching up on this thread for the first time in a long time and wanted to drop the fun fact that Chris Ford made the first official 3 point shot in the NBA.

I used to win a lot of bets (pre-internet searching) against sports fans on this back in the day, especially when I would "grudgingly" spot them the hint that it was a Celtic.

Edited by Sile
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
49 minutes ago, Sile said:

Catching up on this thread for the first time in a long time and wanted to drop the fun fact that Chris Ford made the first official 3 point shot in the NBA.

I used to win a lot of bets (pre-internet searching) against sports fans on this back in the day, especially when I would "grudgingly" spot them the hint that it was a Celtic.

Did everyone guess Larry Bird? I'm glad the Celtics won on Thursday because Boston Bruins had a meltdown when the Bruins lost last night.

1 hour ago, kathyk24 said:

Did everyone guess Larry Bird? I'm glad the Celtics won on Thursday because Boston Bruins had a meltdown when the Bruins lost last night.

Larry  Bird (rookie season), John Havlicek (retired year before) and Nate Archibald were the most popular guesses.

21 hours ago, Mean Machine said:

I've about had it with these conspiracy theory idiots.  But that's the world we live in I guess.  If Sacramento wins game seven we will hear about how the NBA wants the Lakers to have an easier opponent in the next round.  

Well, it's a good thing the NBA assigned Scott Foster to the game then.  I mean, if you can't trust him to run a clean, impartial game, then who can you trust?

• Sad 1

I guess I can crown Boston (no) thank to that Scott Foster news.  Though I can also blame Golden State for failing to win or even compete in their sixth game , which was a home game

I'll pump the brakes before saying it's the return of a legendary matchup for the right to lose to the team that'll get humiliated by the eventual East winner.  Despite saying so earlier.

In other words, I'd bet on it, but only if I had to.  It's looking like that now, but both teams (LA/GSW) are built & experienced to win out.  That might be a problem for teams like Sacramento and Boston (and whomever else).  However, they'll old teams that might go back & forth before a winner is crowned in six games

(edited)

I’m a Celtics fan and I don’t think the Celtics or any other East team should be a prohibitive favorite over whoever comes out in the West. Like, maybe the Celtics are the current favorites but that would be like a 24% chance to win it all vs 22% for the #2 team. I mean it took them 6 games to survive a literal .500 team in the Hawks. I don’t feel any possible remaining series is comfortable unless Embiid is out for the series in Philly. 

Edited by Fukui San
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Fukui San said:

I’m a Celtics fan and I don’t think the Celtics or any other East team should be a prohibitive favorite over whoever comes out in the West. Like, maybe the Celtics are the current favorites but that would be like a 24% chance to win it all vs 22% for the #2 team. I mean it took them 6 games to survive a literal .500 team in the Hawks. I don’t feel any possible remaining series is comfortable unless Embiid is out for the series in Philly. 

I think there is parity in the NBA this year. I hope the Celtics do well since the Bruins didn't survive the first round.

I don’t even like Philly but I hope they beat Boston. I have hated the Bruins since 2011 for my own reasons so I’m laughing at them getting kicked out first round. Off topic tho lol.

On topic I don’t believe whoever comes out of the east will just run over whoever comes out of the west.

(edited)

🤬

That Game 7 yesterday was so much to fun to watch seeing Steph being Steph (by scoring 50 points & it turned out to be the most points scored in Game 7 history) that I actually vomited during the 4th Quarter of that suckfest. ESPN/ ABC was very happy with that game. I'm still having stomach cramps because of it. 

Sadly, its not surprising that those rotten scummy Warriors escaped once again. They're just like those horrible disgusting bedbugs.

So now, we have Lakers - those Warriors "aka" yet another dose of LeBron vs Steph. Yay. 😒 ESPN have both of their favorite teams playing each other so they'll be a whole bunch of bootlicking from them. I don't even know who they're going to be rooting for.

Its bad enough that except for LeBron, rooting for either of one of them in this series is like either swallowing a sharp cactus or walking on a pool of sharp cactus barefoot. Now, We have to hear even more of that rivalry (LeBron vs those Warriors), even more of that very stupid GOAT debate & how this could affect his legacy, how Steph could & should be discussed in the stupid GOAT debate (🤢). Ugh.

BTW, Game 1 is on Tuesday Night.

As for the Kings, hopefully they won't be a one year wonder & that they can build from this season. I'm already certain that they'll be better than the Grizzlies next season (especially if that chump Dillon Brooks is still on the Grizzlies next season). 

I had to stop watching once the third quarter started; too many flashbacks to 2018 Warriors(Scott Foster)/Rockets Game 7. 

Also, going 0-27 from 3 pointers. Thanks for nothing James Harden & the Rockets. I can't wait to see him fall flat on his face against the Celtics like he always do in the Playoffs.

Edited by Magog
  • LOL 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Magog said:

Also, going 0-27 from 3 pointers. Thanks for nothing James Harden & the Rockets. I can't wait to see him fall flat on his face against the Celtics like he always do in the Playoffs.

I know. Five years and counting and I still can't believe it that we managed to miss twenty-seven threes in a damn row. 😢 

As for the current Warriors, you can always choose to think about it like I am. That it took the defending champions seven games and an otherworldly 50-piece from Steph Curry to dispatch a 48-win team that only made the playoffs for the first time in sixteen years. 

Edited by LexieLily

Bruins fell below six feet, Boston giving up homecourt, Patriots stopping at nothing to suck like a champ, and the BOSOX in the cellar. Life = Great!

• LOL 3
(edited)

"Philly has won a Playoff Game 1 in Boston for the first time since 1981."

Philly fans: "Uhhhh, let's not bring that up." (For the young 'uns out there, in '81 Philly took a 3-1 lead in the ECF, before the hick from French Lick led the Celtics to an eventual NBA title.)

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Gadzooks!  The Celtics sure do perplex the fans.
For awhile, they play ferociously, fast, ... and run up points lickety split.
Then they decide to let the opponent score a few...and a few more...and...
Geez...I wish they would play both ends with equal intensity.

16 hours ago, twoods said:

I know it won’t last, but good win by the Lakers. At least they won’t get swept.

What are you talking about? They're hot as hell. They should win in no more than 6. 

And I say this as a Dubs fan. 

• Like 1

Yes I love the Warriors and I’m rooting for them but the Lakers are rolling right now. Their trades really helped them before the playoffs. I wouldn’t mind Steph or Lebron winning their 5th ring honestly. As long as stupid Boston doesn’t win lol.

• Like 1

I'll root for Golden State to never, ever, win anything (forever and) ever again, if they get by this series, then Denver, and then fall down & crumble against Boston.  Boston winning against the Lakers would be okay.  Well, no, but at least they'd have beaten the West again for yet another title

4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

What are you talking about? They're hot as hell. They should win in no more than 6. 

And I say this as a Dubs fan. 

I’m just used to the Lakers getting cold all of a sudden and forgetting AD exists and falling in love with the threes. They’ve lost plenty of games like that, and I can see them forgetting why they’ve won so far and going back to that type of play to keep up with the Warriors shooters. 

(edited)

Well, Boston was going to win with or without the league MVP, but I think a 34 game differential would not have been that simple had James played as well as he did on Monday.

By the way, if someone asked me if Mazzulla's post game expression if he were to win the NBA finals would match tonight's expression, I might bet yes before I bet no

ETA: since when is the "S" key and the "T" key so close together

Edited by Carey
Edited because somehow auto correct can change a word from YES to YET
  • Like 1

That's just not a great move by Milwaukee.  Mike does have a couple years left so the Bucks aren't paying much for him to do nothing.  I guess I have to see whether it was player driven; otherwise there's no defending such a lousy move

• Like 2

Yeah, I don’t agree with the decision but I can see why with all those questionable decisions against the Heat.

This game is what I expected, with the Warriors not missing shots and the Lakers taking stupid shots. On to game three!

• Like 1

TBH, there was no point in Davis playing as well as he did in Game 1 (which couldn't happen anyway).  There was no way Golden State was losing Game 2 (for various reasons).

While it's still too early, despite the annoyance I'd have if Boston won out, I'd pick the Warriors to beat them (again) before the Lakers.  I'll wait on if I'd take Denver to topple Boston before GSW (and again, it's still too soon for the East despite everything)

36 minutes ago, voiceover said:

Devin-freakin-Booker

That’s it.  That’s the tweet.

KD was no slouch either. It was deep into the 4th quarter before any of his teammates went to the foul line (Booker). 

It's not sustainable, though. They need CP3 back in the lineup. 

• Like 2

Good thing I'm not a fan of Philadelphia teams! And that's too bad since they controlled their own destiny as it relates home vs away.  They could do nothing going forward as long as they won at home between present time and seasons end.

Meanwhile, it's probably going to go the distance or close to it with Golden State & Los Angeles to where the Suns winning was so necessary.  Giving Denver max rest is not good for either franchise