Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada Season 4

Nikki put on her stinkface when she was on the team that lost the poker chip reward challenge.  Not a good look.

Damn, Maddy looked hot in that red dress at the HoH ceremony.  Sorry Dallas, but you had to go. So, I guess because of the fake double eviction that Dallas misses out on being on the jury.

And then they showed Kelsey in that pink dress -- yowzer !!   And as soon as you saw what Kelsey and Loveita were wearing, you knew that it wasn't a physical comp but a vote of some sort.

Kelsey and Loveita basically say the exact same speech -- open to new ideas, let me show you.

Really ? After all this build up about live 90 minute show and houseguests returning -- and absolutely nothing happens.  And now the live feeds are going dark for 3 days. Are they intentionally trying to drive away viewers ?

• Love 2

I hate to say it but I'm really disappointed with the producers and whoever creates this show this year. First with putting in the house two "international" players (like they were out of Canadians to join the show), then with the fake double eviction that unfairly made Dallas leave the house even though making it further than both Kelsey and Loveita AND having these two girls know the secrets of the house by exchanging strategies in listening in the house. Above that, they announced one of them goes back into the house on Thursday and now we will wait until Sunday. How f$$%^$&ed up is that? Lying to the contestants and to the audience?

I can't enjoy it anymore it seems. Plus I predict that whoever comes back will be voted out next eviction (unless they have immunity for a week, then it will be the eviction after that).

• Love 1

Damn, Maddy looked hot in that red dress at the HoH ceremony.

But that white, apron-style top she was wearing for much of the episode . . . jeez that was ugly. At one point, I thought she had it on backwards.

I watched the Side Show last night for the first time in a while. Jon is now sporting a man-bun, Peter is looking terribly gaunt and his eating disorder is still the elephant in the room. Sarah looked good, though. Arisa's new stylist deserves a raise, too.

• Love 1
(edited)

I watched the Side Show last night for the first time in a while. Jon is now sporting a man-bun, Peter is looking terribly gaunt and his eating disorder is still the elephant in the room. Sarah looked good, though. Arisa's new stylist deserves a raise, too.

Keep in mind, those studio lights are so bright, everyone looks super-model/magazine worthy glowy.

I like the man bun, but I tend to like all man buns.  Is he still with Neda?

Edited by bagatelle
(edited)

But that white, apron-style top she was wearing for much of the episode . . . jeez that was ugly. At one point, I thought she had it on backwards.

Agreed.  What the hell was that ?

Arisa's new stylist deserves a raise, too.

It's about time -- she looked really good last night.

ETA:  I'm curious to see what happens if they can't come to a unanimous decision about who re-enters the house.  There has to be some sort of harsh punishment if they can't make a decision.

Maybe, if they can't decide -- they both come back, and play as one person like Nick and Philippe.  Now that would be pretty awesome.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
(edited)
I hate to say it but I'm really disappointed with the producers and whoever creates this show this year.

I'm starting to feel that way too.  I didn't mind Tim and Nikki at first, but I'm over them.  And

then I read this week that production placed an emphasis on casting recruits rather than fans this year, and it shows: in

the junior high mentality of most of these people (the catty girls, the boys lining up behind the "cool guy").  At this point, I don't even care who gets back in.  She and Maddy will just go after each other -- yawn.  My only hope for this season is a Mitch/Joel/Ramsay revenge of the nerds alliance taking over the game.

http://eedition.toronto.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx#

Sorry, link not working - just shows most recent edition.  The article was in Thursdays edition if you are interested.

Edited by Newbietunes
(edited)

I'm starting to feel that way too.  I didn't mind Tim and Nikki at first, but I'm over them.  And

then I read this week that production placed an emphasis on casting recruits rather than fans this year, and it shows: in

the junior high mentality of most of these people (the catty girls, the boys lining up behind the "cool guy").  At this point, I don't even care who gets back in.  She and Maddy will just go after each other -- yawn.  My only hope for this season is a Mitch/Joel/Ramsay revenge of the nerds alliance taking over the game.

http://eedition.toronto.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx#

Sorry, link not working - just shows most recent edition.  The article was in Thursdays edition if you are interested.

Read that article -- it is disappointing that there are more recruits than applicants.

That article writer was also under the impression that the returning houseguest would re-enter the house during the Thursday evening episode -- as was basically hinted at by Arisa during the whole 90 minute episode -- and then it didn't happen.

What surprised me the most in that article -- Peter Brown was on 'The Flash' ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Very disappointing season, and what a stupid twist, whoever dreamed that one up should be fired, and the person who allowed it to happen.  Then screw up really good by letting these morons decide who should come back, the only surprise will be if it's not Kelsey.   I wonder if any of them are thinking far enough ahead to realize that another twist might be that the two brothers will be given the go ahead to play as individuals, which would mean another vote towards helping Jared sail to the end, oh hell, look who I'm talking about, most of them don't even know why they're there.. 

I kind of get a kick out of Nikki (so far), but Tim is seriously starting to grate, he can leave anytime now.

• Love 3

Sorry you guys aren't enjoying it :( This is my favourite season! Tim and Nikki mean that there's always something interesting when I turn on the feeds, and the dynamic between the brothers is really interesting.

I also had a great time watching Kelsey and Loveita watch the feeds. I don't know what the point of that was, though, if they were going to tell the rest of the houseguests. 

Sorry you guys aren't enjoying it :( This is my favourite season! Tim and Nikki mean that there's always something interesting when I turn on the feeds, and the dynamic between the brothers is really interesting.

I also had a great time watching Kelsey and Loveita watch the feeds. I don't know what the point of that was, though, if they were going to tell the rest of the houseguests. 

Kelsey and Loveita were at least somewhat entertaining after they got over their initial differences/attitudes towards each other.

The problem I have is that it seems that a lot houseguests are worshiping at the altar of Jared -- in some hope that Jared will take them to the final two.  It's like a lot of them are already playing for 2nd place at best.  If Kelsey goes back, that pretty much helps insure that outcome.  Which is going to make for a pretty boring next couple of months, unless someone cowboys up and manages to get Jared out (via an Instant eviction, for example).

• Love 3

I can't stand Douche-Mode Cowboy and his stuffed nose and his nipple piercing and his Dudley-Do-Right persona. He's at the bottom of the Joker's poll and no one likes him on any of the fan forums. What are they thinking when they prop him up?

• Love 4

The problem I have is that it seems that a lot houseguests are worshiping at the altar of Jared -- in some hope that Jared will take them to the final two.  It's like a lot of them are already playing for 2nd place at best.  If Kelsey goes back, that pretty much helps insure that outcome.  Which is going to make for a pretty boring next couple of months, unless someone cowboys up and manages to get Jared out (via an Instant eviction, for example).

I agree with you entirely, and was trying to figure out why it doesn't make me not enjoy the show. I think it's because I don't care too much about the game. I like Big Brother for the same reason I like public transportation: eavesdropping on strangers! And when they are upset and angry because something is supposedly unfair, I find it hilarious. Am I a terrible person???

I do hate one thing about this season: only women on the block the first few weeks.

• Love 1

Hold on -- they didn't actually show the "unanimous vote" for the return of Kelsey or Loveita ?  They just showed some brief conversations about pros and cons, and that was it.

And how was this at all unanimous in such a short period of time ?  And then all the houseguests act like they were surprised to see Kelsey at the front door -- they would have all just voted for her.  And it looks like the vote occurred very quickly after the so-called "live" show on Thursday -- because Kelsey and Loveita were still wearing the same outfits they had on the show (including Kelsey's awesome pink dress).

Raul can't keep his mouth shut over information from Kelsey -- blabs to Mitch that they know he had a deal with Loveita -- and it stirs shit up between Kelsey/Jared and Raul.  I hope they vote Raul's ass just for being such an idiot.

That was a really unfair HoH.  And the Greek god/goddess outfits -- not as hot as the baseball outfits.

Here's a question -- since they made the Atlas portion of the HoH spin, and sped up the treadmill on the Sisyphus portion how would they have made the Damocles portion tougher ?  That HoH was just poorly thought out all around.

Of course Raul wins -- I'm pretty sure that there was an impression in his plate as his ball barely moved at all.  Seems like the fix was in -- another week when Jared doesn't go home.  Yawn.  Joel and Mitch are nominated.  No surprises there.

• Love 3

That was a really unfair HoH.  And the Greek god/goddess outfits -- not as hot as the baseball outfits.

Here's a question -- since they made the Atlas portion of the HoH spin, and sped up the treadmill on the Sisyphus portion how would they have made the Damocles portion tougher ?  That HoH was just poorly thought out all around.

Of course Raul wins -- I'm pretty sure that there was an impression in his plate as his ball barely moved at all.  Seems like the fix was in -- another week when Jared doesn't go home.  Yawn.  Joel and Mitch are nominated.  No surprises there.

Maybe make the platform they were standing on wobble?

(edited)

I can't stand Raul. I hope he's gone next week. Can't stand catty Kelsey either. Jared...Love the nickname above. I wanna wrestle him down and force him to blow his friggin nose.

I'm sad Joel is on the block and also Mitch. That was a stupid twist and gave Kelsey an unfair advantage in the game that she didn't need at all. Nicky and Tim provide me with the laughs i need. The rest of them make me yawn.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 6

Considering the way the last few BBUS seasons have gone by casting fans, I actually like that there are more recruits trying to figure out the game as they go rather than having yet another bunch of sheep doing everything because it's "what the house wants". The cast isn't great, but at least it's not that.

Plus with the international players, it seems they deliberately chose people who would not normally be expected to do well in the strategic part of the game - Jase goes without saying, then you've got Veronica who was up and out of the BB Italy house in two weeks despite having a cast and format that suited her far better than this lot, Tim who basically used Australia's version of the Veto to nominate himself, and Nikki who is Nikki.

• Love 1

So the idiots of the house vote back in someone with a close knit alliance instead of the one that majority of the house are targeting? Really really stupid. 

• Love 5

I wonder if any of them are thinking far enough ahead to realize that another twist might be that the two brothers will be given the go ahead to play as individuals,

Someone on RHAP has said that in the first weeks the players were considering this would happen but Big Brother reasssured them this won't happen in any circumstance.

I hate Kelsey. I hate the fact I get to see her and her crazy eyes again and I hate that she will stay for a long time. After Mitch or Joel go, then the Jared alliance is there till the end. I hope the underdogs + the internationals realize it sooner than later and turn this game around.

I don't get why they got to turn off the live feeds only to show 1 minute of discussion about who is coming back. They could have done this on Thursday, keep the live feeds on and do the HoO comp and nominations on Synday as usual. We have to see whether the ratings for this episode were really that much higher than the rest, as people were expecting them to be.

• Love 2

I'm not rooting for anyone, but that's a good thing--this show is miles too tense when I have a particular favourite.  I like everyone about equally, and am just enjoying the ride.

• Love 1

I think we should start a drinking game for eveytime Raul slaps his hands in front of his face, and bursts into tears, Jesus, he's annoying. 

I'm planning on taping the upcoming shows and then deleting them without watching if nothing happens to turn this shit show around.  What a dud. I wonder if they pay Arisa more to try and keep up the act of how exciting all this is... I'll keep checking on here for updates.  Just can't stand anyone left but for Joel and possibly Ramsay, and I predict they'll both be gone shortly. 

• Love 4

I still don't like anyone this far into the season. I'm still not rooting for anyone. This has never happened before.

Ditto. They're all just so bland. And stupid...."Hey! Let's bring back the popular girl who was in a tight-knit alliance and will probably never get voted out as opposed to the girl everyone hates and would vote out right away!"

• Love 1

I think we should start a drinking game for eveytime Raul slaps his hands in front of his face, and bursts into tears, Jesus, he's annoying. 

And incredibly stupid too. Can't believe he blabbed all to Mitch right after Kelsey and Jared expressly told him not to. Talk about completely lacking in common sense. And then to slap his hands in front of his face and bawl when Jared told him what an idiot he was. Christ he is so annoying!

• Love 3

I just got around to watching the Sunday night show.

Nikki and Maddy were saying how much they don't like Kelsey and wish she had not returned.  Nikki asked Maddy why did you vote her back in and Maddy said she had to because the vote for Kelsey was going to be unanimous. Really? How could it be unanimous if she would not give Kelsey her vote?  Nikki also would have gone along with Loveita. Maybe then, a few more and Jared and Raul would have no choice, but to vote for Loveita.

That's the problem with casting a teenager like Maddy. They are so dumb.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just got around to watching the Sunday night show.

Nikki and Maddy were saying how much they don't like Kelsey and wish she had not returned.  Nikki asked Maddy why did you vote her back in and Maddy said she had to because the vote for Kelsey was going to be unanimous. Really? How could it be unanimous if she would not give Kelsey her vote?  Nikki also would have gone along with Loveita. Maybe then, a few more and Jared and Raul would have no choice, but to vote for Loveita.

That's why it sucked that they didn't show the actual vote by the houseguests -- there should have been some contentious arguments and a couple of rounds of voting a la '12 Angry Men' as they showed people that were holding out for Loveita slowly get convinced to vote for Kelsey.  I don't think Maddie understood that just because the vote had to be unanimous didn't mean it had to unanimous with Jared.

The producers also should have shown that they made it clear that there was a definite timeline that the vote had to be completed by (since it was done very soon after the live show) and if there was some sort of penalty if the vote was not unanimous -- even though Arissa didn't mention anything like that, it was plenty obvious that something along those lines was in place.  Otherwise they could have (or would have) debated about this for days -- so yeah, the fix was in to bring back Kelsey by the producers.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7
(edited)

How many of the Canadians cast still live with their parents? Everyone but Mitch, Christine and Sharry? The junior high mentality of this season is unbearable.

Edited by dolphincorn
  • Love 1

That twist ruined the season for me. I used to love BB canada! The comp ideas were way better, cast wasn't all acting wannabes like US version. Didn't seem as "fixed" or production-led.

My all time fave BBCAN moment was the letters being shredded.

• Love 6

That twist ruined the season for me. I used to love BB canada! The comp ideas were way better, cast wasn't all acting wannabes like US version. Didn't seem as "fixed" or production-led.

This is exactly my idea about this season since it began; that they are trying to pattern the US version. I was willing to forgive even the "international players" twist but this latest twist with Kelsey going back in just ruined the season even if my favourite player ends up winnning (at the moment this player is Joel). I just feel that there are only 2-3 people who are PLAYERS and the rest are there just for the fun. Just like Survivor, I love the strategy and I want to see strategists rather than funny characters who don't even know the game.

• Love 5

My all time fave BBCAN moment was the letters being shredded.

Oooh, yes, that was aMAZing! My all time favourite moment (of any reality show, not just BB) was Topaz voting wrong in the season 1 finale. I don't even know what would top that! Challenge extended, houseguests...

• Love 4

I feel like my head is going to explode when I try to decipher what Raul is saying.  He's not even a Canadian.  Gary wasn't either. Both are so flamboyant and over-the-top.  See a pattern here? I think someone in production has a personal connection to these players.

I was liking Mitch, who seems mature and fairly smart, but I have no idea what he was trying to do with his speech tonight.  Did he not want Jared to use the veto on him?  I thought he originally wanted that.

His game was going so smoothly, until production let Loveita give away all his secrets.

I'm sure Mitch has a plan just like Dan had a plan when he pulled that funeral trick. From what I understand Mitch wants to push for Joel to be voted out and he will try to gather all people who hate the three "cancers" (Jared - Raul - Kelsey) as much as he does and align with them and take them out. Mitch is a convincing person and given how much the rest of the house hate these three players and the connections he has already made with most of them, I predict he has a great chance to stay in the house. The only thing I hope is that Joel will understand his plan and try to be the one who will convince the rest of the house that he is willing to take the three cancers out as well so it's better to keep him. But what an interesting episode! Now this is the kind of player I want to see in there!

• Love 4

My all-time favorite BB Canada moment was when Peter Brown didn't use his veto on Topaz, and then was promptly shut-down by Jillian who told him that they were never that tight. The self-described "mastermind" could have won the game, but he was too chickenshit to make a move.

On that note, Jillian was really good at this game.

I'm rooting for Kelsey now. This show gets the winner it deserves.

• Love 1

I'm sure Mitch has a plan just like Dan had a plan when he pulled that funeral trick. From what I understand Mitch wants to push for Joel to be voted out and he will try to gather all people who hate the three "cancers" (Jared - Raul - Kelsey) as much as he does and align with them and take them out. Mitch is a convincing person and given how much the rest of the house hate these three players and the connections he has already made with most of them, I predict he has a great chance to stay in the house. The only thing I hope is that Joel will understand his plan and try to be the one who will convince the rest of the house that he is willing to take the three cancers out as well so it's better to keep him. But what an interesting episode! Now this is the kind of player I want to see in there!

All the time Mitch was speaking, it was Dan's voice I was hearing. This could get really interesting!

• Love 1

I don't understand Mitch's plan at all but it was certainly glorious to watch. I'm assuming that he probably knew there was no way Jared was going to use the veto on him anyway. 

The producers wanted to make us think that Jared was seriously considering to use the veto on Mitch and backdoor the brothers while the truth is that this idea was thrown out there for 10 minutes and it was dismissed by Raul. Jared was never going to use the veto on Mitch according to Jordan's podcast coming from a person who watches the live feeds. Mitch had nothing to lose because he is the one to be voted out anyway so he went big and tried to convince the rest of the house that now he is at war with the trio and if they keep him he will use all his power to get them out which is a good thing for players like Ramsey, Tim, Nikki, Maddie and the brothers because this is exactly what THEY want.

• Love 3

I really want Raul and Jared out of the game.  It might be interesting to see Kelsey play without them. 

Canada needs to get to do the noms.  I think Raul & Jared could end up on the block then.  I would find that amusing.  

• Love 3

Mitch is out and off to jury in an otherwise dull episode.  They had so much spare time that they repeated the entire Veto ceremony from the previous episode.  What would have happened if Joel didn't walk backwards to the end of the day ?  Or if Tim didn't keep Nick up all night ?

At least Mitch tried to stir things up on his way out -- it was fun watching Kelsey get all panicky and flustered when he called her out on the final four deal with Ramsey and Maddie.

Seriously, it was a pretty boring episode -- even with watching Mitch's boyfriend have a some sort of breakdown in the audience when he saw Mitch, even though he won't see him in person for several more weeks while Mitch is in jury so he may want to chill a little.  Seriously, do the significant others of the houseguests have no idea how this show works.

• Love 1

This is exactly my idea about this season since it began; that they are trying to pattern the US version. I was willing to forgive even the "international players" twist but this latest twist with Kelsey going back in just ruined the season even if my favourite player ends up winnning (at the moment this player is Joel). I just feel that there are only 2-3 people who are PLAYERS and the rest are there just for the fun. Just like Survivor, I love the strategy and I want to see strategists rather than funny characters who don't even know the game.

I actually think it's the other way around. They've tried so hard to get away from BBUS with the non-fan recruits and the international players (who seem to have been picked at least partially because they weren't the types of people who'd normally do well with the North American format) and things like the fake eviction (a pretty common twist on other versions, especially BBUK) that the people who knew what they were getting themselves into have been able to dominate the game without any serious opposition. And while there's no doubt that some of them did try and research beforehand - Tim certainly did, and notably one of the runners-up from the BBAU season he won is now pretty close friends with Neda - it's not enough to overcome years of watching the show.

I'm so bummed. Really bummed. I really thought there could have been some drama if Mitch stayed. Not that i don't like Joel...just a lost opportunity.

Lemmings all of them. I hope the brothers go up next if it can't be one of the cancerous tumors..lol

Mitch is out and off to jury in an otherwise dull episode.  They had so much spare time that they repeated the entire Veto ceremony from the previous episode.  

Not only that, they show us, showing them, how they look on TV. 

So we watch them watching themselves acting silly, in order to fill time and encourage them to act even more silly.

• Love 1
(edited)

I want to see things on the show that they are blocking on the live feeds.  Instead they replay things on the show that we have already seen.  It is frustrating.

Edited by LakeGal
  • Love 2

Finally -- Maddie came to play and put up Kelsey and Jared.  If either one of them wins veto they can only take themselves off the block, and up goes Raul (unless he wins veto, then it gets complicated).

Interesting how all the houseguests (especially Dallas) complained about how Tim did his nominations during his HoH, but then the producers turn around and decide to have the houseguests forced to pick Have Nots for the week the exact same way.

Geez, I thought Raul was a drama queen when he was named a Have Not, but then Nikki just loses her shit over it -- is Nikki going to whine all the way to the Final 2, and then loudly complain when she doesn't win ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

I'm glad nasty Kelsey and mr stuffy nose are on the block. I hate Kelsey but I prefer Jared gets voted out cause I want to see her suffer. I am sure in her head she is this great mastermind but she has no idea how much everyone outside the house hates her. I guess Canada will be involved in who to save from nominations or something. We'll see. Maddie is the typical person who just goes crazy with power in their hands and this attitude is not good when you are pleading your case in the final two.

I can not stand Jared!  And watching the "cult of Jared" (thanks, Otto) fall over themselves to help him win is driving me insane.  It's even worse than BBUS S16 because at least Derrick the cop was actively manipulating his cast to throw themselves on the sword for him.  Jared is oblivious to how these morons want to take him to the end.  He wanted to blindside the knucklehead brothers last week, for crying out loud!

So I don't know who to vote for HOH,  Based on Joker's polls, I assume Nikki and probably either Tim or Cassandra will be the two finalists.  Who will put Jared up and is there a possible majority of the others left to vote him out if he is nominated again?

• Love 2

I can not stand Jared!  And watching the "cult of Jared" (thanks, Otto) fall over themselves to help him win is driving me insane.  It's even worse than BBUS S16 because at least Derrick the cop was actively manipulating his cast to throw themselves on the sword for him.  Jared is oblivious to how these morons want to take him to the end.  He wanted to blindside the knucklehead brothers last week, for crying out loud!

So I don't know who to vote for HOH,  Based on Joker's polls, I assume Nikki and probably either Tim or Cassandra will be the two finalists.  Who will put Jared up and is there a possible majority of the others left to vote him out if he is nominated again?

Haven't seen the episode yet, but glad that Maddy put up Raul as the replacement nom.

I voted for Joel -- because I think he will put up Jared again and Kelsey again (once Raul leaves, of course).

ETA: Whoops, corrected because Maddy put up Raul as the replacement nom.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1