Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Speculation and Wishlist: What Will They Think Up Next?

Figured we could start a list of things we think (or hope) will happen next season.

My first piece of speculation is that when Cyrus finds out Prudence is pregnant with a boy, he marries her in order to make the boy his heir (assuming they are still following the law of male primogeniture in this universe) and push his daughters down on the succession list.

• Love 1
(edited)

It would serve Cyrus right if Prudence chose to name the boy Simon, as a constant reminder of both the kind of man she would want him to grow up to be and the kind of man whom Cyrus could never be, even on his best day.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

Figured we could start a list of things we think (or hope) will happen next season.

My first piece of speculation is that when Cyrus finds out Prudence is pregnant with a boy, he marries her in order to make the boy his heir (assuming they are still following the law of male primogeniture in this universe) and push his daughters down on the succession list.

Ooo, that sounds logical since the Queen is using the fact that his daughters would be next in line to help her case. He might not even have to marry her (he forced Prudence to have sex with him, would the show go so far as to have her marry him?), just acknowledging the boy as his son might do it.

• Love 1

Helena would lose her mind, right along with her throne, if the maid became queen! I am totally on board with this. I want to see more money and jewels and bad royal behavior. This murder mystery is fast losing my attention

• Love 2

I would like to see them abandon the entire American contingent. Ophelia and Ted can go away. He said he would bring her her things. The can revoke his visa so he can't come back. Start there.

I want Gemma to get a badass boyfriend. I actually like that character and she is based on a composite type, so give her the hoodie guy and they can double date with Jasper and Eleanor. Also, I loved how Eleanor kept saying "this isn't a relationship" and he kept saying "yes it is". There's more there.

• Love 1

Ophelia needs to go. I don't care outside of that, but that chick can't act at all.

I just finished bingewatching the show and now I'm catching up with the online commentary, so I just saw something about Ophelia in S2... but since this thread is spoiler-free, I put it in the Spoilers thread, so check there!

As for my S2 wishlist, well, I think Liam will be way too busy avenging his father's death to be thinking about dating, but with Ophelia in New York, I would really love to see him with someone else, someone new. Gemma's fun for the snark but I don't like her with Liam any better. Someone less plucky and innocent... but not a snake, either. He's got enough of those to deal with now.

• Love 1

Ophelia needs to go. I don't care outside of that, but that chick can't act at all.

Unfortunately, this is a Mark Schwann show, so I wouldn't hold my breath about him getting read of the defacto lead just because she can't act. Although even Hilarie Burton on her worst day was better than this.

Expect One Tree Hill alumni to show up in some fashion. It's already happening.

• Love 1

Maybe Simon will turn out to be alive and serve as a huge reset button for all that's gone off the rails this season. Or Robert, even better. I wish they'd waited a few episodes to bump him off so that we could get a better idea of the family dynamic. He seems like the William and the twins both served as Harry. I'd like to see who they'd cast as him.